AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-11-15, 07:53   Link #341
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... They're going to eat the real Marcille, aren't they?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:53   Link #342
ellifeedn
Thinker

With Marcille, wouldn't performing magic prove who's the real one?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 12:31   Link #343
James Rye

I think shapeshifters are kind of able to use magic too, like it is part of their nature to change accordingly to the thoughts of the people around them. If they were just changing after looking I'd say it is their body but if they can copy clothes and metal and weapons and all that why should they not be able to copy magic?
Old 2017-11-15, 16:30   Link #344
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I think shapeshifters are kind of able to use magic too, like it is part of their nature to change accordingly to the thoughts of the people around them. If they were just changing after looking I'd say it is their body but if they can copy clothes and metal and weapons and all that why should they not be able to copy magic?
Because they're based on the thoughts of people other than the ones they copy. Here, Marcille's copies are based on the thoughts of people who don't know magic, so the copies don't either. Except maybe Laius', who might be able to manage the simplest spells, because Marcille's been trying to dual class him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 15:24   Link #345
marvelB

Man, I meant to catch the new chapter earlier, but I was busy at the time. Anyway, this sure is an amusing situation the party got themselves caught in. Still, despite having to depend on Laius' powers of observation, I don't think it's gonna be that bad, actually. If anything, asking the shapeshifters to cook a meal may be the best way to identify who's a fake. After all, Senshi is the expert in cooking monsters, so I'd think that any of the other members who turn out to be a little too good in serving up tasty dungeon creatures are practically guaranteed to be fakes, if you ask me....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 22:51   Link #346
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
For the new chapter with shapeshifters:

They eliminated all the fake Laius:
Chilchak-Laius = Giant Liaus
Marcille-Liaus = "I must consume"
Senshi-Laius = Dazed Liaus

They eliminated two fake Marcille:
Chilchak-Marcille = Nice hair, but fake spell book (the time reversal spell is a callback to chapter 31 when Chilchak told Marcille not to reverse time).
Senshi-Marcille = Witch Marcille

That leaves the Laius-Marcille, which makes sense because Laius was learning magic from Marcille, so he'd know her spellbook. We're left with:
Rare Hairstyle Marcille
Let her hair down Marcille

Either Laius didn't pay attention to her hair and so gave her a generic hair down style, or he actually remembered the rare hairstyle and Marcille did let her hair down because the blizzard was cold. I'm actually having a hard time calling this one correctly.

They eliminated two fake Chilchaks:
Laius-Chilchak = Scarf wearing Chilchak
Marcille?-Chilchak = improper lockpicks Chilchak

I'm not certain, but I think Chilchak the bad lockpicks came from Marcille. Marcille has known Chilchak longer, but Senshi studied a bit with Chilchak. And both Laius and Senshi used Chichak's lockpicks to eat the Mimic with. It looked like Marcille did not.

Not sure how to differentiate the remaining Chilchaks (the single shot of them after removing the other two isn't a good angle for comparisons). However, I'm betting the shorter, more childlike Chichak is the fake Senshi-Chilchak.

They eliminated two fake Senshis:
Laius-Senshi = Lacked holes in his helmet
Marcille?-Senshi = wrong spatula shape

I guessing it was Marcille who got the shape of Senshi's spatula wrong, since she has paid the least attention to the cooking.

It's obvious that the more chiseled nose Senshi is the fake. Must be Chilchak's Senshi. Not sure how it will be differentiated in story though.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 22:12   Link #347
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well, Dungeon Meshi is back, and Laius did mange to figure out the correct people. In a very Laius way.

Too bad the monster decided that it wasn't going to go quietly. Fortunately, Laius was able to do this amazing dog impression...

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 08:34   Link #348
James Rye

Do you remember that Marcille had a flashback in ch.17 where Farlyn told her that her brother can make an amazing imitation of a dog? Never expected THAT to play such a crucial role now in ch.40! XDDD
Old 2017-12-16, 08:38   Link #349
marvelB

Boy, this was a great chapter. Loved seeing Laius' methods of distinguishing between the fakes. Plus, that dog impression scene was badass. Fun fact: The impression thing was actually foreshadowed in an earlier chapter (chapter 17, to be exact. Farlyn tells Marcille about her brother's impressions in a brief flashback). Kinda wish Marcille wasn't the one to finish off that fox(?), though.... I was sorta hoping that it would be Kensuke's time to redeem himself, heh.

Anyway, the ninja cat girl returns! It's just too bad we have to wait two months before we have any confirmation of her joining the main party.....
Old 2017-12-16, 12:47   Link #350
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ok, that was smart for Laius to figure out the real ones and the fakes.
He would make a great leader if he wasn't that obsessed with food.
And finally, the Ninja Cat girl is here!
Old 2017-12-16, 13:31   Link #351
Tenzen12

Isn't he great leader because he is obsessed with food? Look how far he got with minimal equipment and supplies...
Old 2018-02-14, 17:14   Link #352
James Rye

New chapter is out!

Spoiler for Spoilers for those who have yet to read it:

All in all a nice chapter, made for the whole introduction of the Cat girl Ninja joining the team.^^
Old 2018-02-14, 23:36   Link #353
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yes! Cat Ninja Girl joins the party!
Old 2018-02-15, 02:27   Link #354
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Senshi never knew what he chopped that day.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 03:21   Link #355
marvelB

Bit late to the party, but hell yes! Ninja cat girl is official! I wonder if the author plans to recreate that one-shot chapter in light of this development....

BTW, Senshi was awesome this chapter, too. It just goes to show that one must NEVER disrespect food in front of him, no matter what nasty creature that food was made from!
Old 2018-03-16, 12:34   Link #356
marvelB

And a bump for the new chapter!

Marcille suffers from a terrible nightmare, and Laius visits her dream to rescue her.... and of course, everyone goes ahead to eat the nightmares after the two wake up! Also, looks like we have confirmation that the mad sorcerer is a male, after all....
Old 2018-03-16, 12:45   Link #357
Tenzen12

I don't understand how it work. Why did Laius waited to cook Nightmares after saving Marcille? Wouldn't cooking them right away solve whole issue in much safer manner?
Old 2018-03-16, 13:06   Link #358
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't understand how it work. Why did Laius waited to cook Nightmares after saving Marcille? Wouldn't cooking them right away solve whole issue in much safer manner?

Well, it wasn't until after he and Marcille woke up that they discovered the nightmares' hiding place. That, and it probably wouldn't have been wise to deal with the nightmares while Marcille was in the middle of her dream.... Laius said waking someone in the middle of a nightmare risks getting the dreamer's mind damaged. The same might apply if they tried to force the creatures away from the dreamer. In the end, I think diving into her dream was the best course of action to take.

Still, what's particularly worrying is that Laius said the monsters of the 6th floor specialize in mind-rapery. Who knows what sort of hell those creatures will put our party through next....?
Old 2018-03-16, 21:52   Link #359
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm more worried about the creatures that will have to face the party, actually.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 21:03   Link #360
AnimeFangirl

I marathoned it all and caught up just now. What a great manga. Some of the meals don't look so tasty but others make me drool. Especially the roast red dragon. Now to join the painful wait for more releases.

Tags
comedy, cooking, dungeons, fantasy