AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-22, 02:34   Link #2821
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by arand017 View Post
hope so.. last chapter or well the last five chapters have left us with a cliffhanger
Hata actually apologized in his blog for it. He didn't know when the issue was going to be merged. Still, we get a web manga this week. Last week's one was kind of boring. I hope this week's will be worth reading.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 02:37   Link #2822
cnnydz
Feed me

the cover of the first chapter, pay attention to the background
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 05:20   Link #2823
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

We've talked about the Royal Garden being in the background of that shot a while ago. I think it's a leftover from the original plot line where Nagi and Co. were supposed to live there.

So...does anyone else have anything to talk about? Anything else going on on the Internet at all?
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 05:58   Link #2824
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
We've talked about the Royal Garden being in the background of that shot a while ago. I think it's a leftover from the original plot line where Nagi and Co. were supposed to live there.

So...does anyone else have anything to talk about? Anything else going on on the Internet at all?
mm....some one try to create a doujin game with HnG character in it, and this game is sooo......not for Hina fans(...I won't spoil it for you.... even if you pay me with Hata's head)

It's 3D game with 3 genre but in same game, no screenshot or further info than that
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 06:25   Link #2825
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post

Well, start something~

In the meantime a random pic. Everyone post a pic till we get some spoilers, just to pass the time~

Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 07:41   Link #2826
primuler
Love For 3D

Erm... I was actually planning to upload web manga Hata published this week, but I got extremely busy so... Well, sorry.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 09:21   Link #2827
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

have you realised that this manga has progressively gotten more and more interesting? I initially liked it for the random comedy then it transitioned into having a plot and actual non cheesy drama which i find profoundly rare in manga and especially in one of this type of genre. To transition from such slapstick humour to that of serious plot and drama so naturally i have to give kudos to the mangaka. This manga officially got me hooked and personally 30th of sep can come fast enough.
Old 2009-09-22, 09:36   Link #2828
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
have you realised that this manga has progressively gotten more and more interesting? I initially liked it for the random comedy then it transitioned into having a plot and actual non cheesy drama which i find profoundly rare in manga and especially in one of this type of genre. To transition from such slapstick humour to that of serious plot and drama so naturally i have to give kudos to the mangaka. This manga officially got me hooked and personally 30th of sep can come fast enough.
yeah you are not the only one ^^.... this arc with athena in it is way more intresting than the random comedy stuff..... well for me there are limits to some gags.... and the same nagi playing games for whole chapters and showing that she has no real life experiance was overused and made it look kinda boring (at least for me.... like saw chapter and instantly <yawn> yeah I saw that already in past chapters... so nothing new)

yet this arc with more drama was like very good refreshment... something is actually going on that has deep story bond.... for me its a good thing that Nagi disappeared for few chapters and was replaced with Hina and Athena.......

in past with those random chapters... it was like I saw a raw becouse I had nothing to do on that moment and at raw it ended becouse it was boing and nothing exciting so I wasnt even waiting for translations.... but with current story development (and no nagi in it in large numbers) I kinda cant wait for next chapter becouse its exciting the whole AthenaxHayatexHina story....

I kinda hope that the random comedy bullshit will kinda slowly disappear and we will get soem serious story development.... so the manga could become little more serious from now on ^^ Like now Hina will kinda cry becouse of the thing she learned that hayate has someone else in his heart... but this doesnt mean she will give up...... it allways might be that athena will reject haaytes feelings so hina will appear to chear him up the same she can confess ^^

so I hope that Hata will keep up with this kinda of story development for long ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 10:10   Link #2829
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

to me the series itself was feeling rather old and bland after the Shimoda arc, even if my fav at the time Hina was going all out in epic cuteness, that as well was starting to get old and the series was going nowhere. It was after The End of the World arc that I really started to get into Hayate again, The amount of emotions on that story alone was enough to rekindle my love for the characters (and set Athena as my new fav in the series), and after that the build up and tension slowly building up to where we are now has kept me wanting for more week after week, I love the comedy of this series but honestly I wouldnt mind keeping the series like this until the end.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 10:24   Link #2830
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post

Don't worry, it won't stay serious for much longer. Not like it is very serious at the moment, and yeah, I mean for it's standards. Ch. 1: He's run over by a car, he bleeds in the bath, in a later chapter he gets sent flying to the UFO by a baseball bat to the head. Imagine how much force it would require for that to actually work (say his skull is made of metal, and wont crack, or shatter). That's pretty serious already. These few Machi kicks are just the right thing to get his blood pumping, so he can donate a life threatening amount to the red cross, and of course kick Machi's ass as well.

Can someone skilled enough add some HnG style tears to that pic where Machi says "Don't wanna" (ch. 241 pg. 10), oh and also could add a slight blush and replace that word with "Meanie!" (like he just got hurt or something). Lol

I tried tweaking with paint (lol 5 mins) a little, but It fails in my hands. ^_^

Well, if someone is up for it, I'd appreciate it.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 12:38   Link #2831
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I dislike this arc. Particularly because the A in Athena stands for antagonized to hell and back. I was fine with the story that managed to rear its face in the midst of a comedy romance series. But right now the Hayate series, which was something that always managed to crack a joke somewhere, even when it was being more serious, isn't the same Hayate no Gotoku we have now.

There wasn't a single joke in the last three chapters. I don't count Machina's "I don't want to" as a joke because I didn't find that funny at all.

I don't mind it when HnG is about a story or the plot. But really, I didn't sign up for Hayate because it wasn't a comedy series.

The only good thing that has happened so far was Hina getting cut off from her confession.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 13:14   Link #2832
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Or the A in Athena stands for Athena, a goddess perhaps?

The old HnG was getting really repetitive and, for the lack of better term, boring. Comedy isn't bad but seemingly like continuous fillers with no story is horrible.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 13:18   Link #2833
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Or the A in Athena stands for Athena, a goddess perhaps?

The old HnG was getting really repetitive and, for the lack of better term, boring. Comedy isn't bad but seemingly like continuous fillers with no story is horrible.
You seem to miss my point entirely.
Old 2009-09-22, 13:34   Link #2834
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
You seem to miss my point entirely.
Your main point was that you don't like this arc at all for its seriousness without a bit of comedy. However, it seems like you do not like this arc just because Athena is in it.

To me, because of the seriousness of this arc that can make the story move forward without a bunch of fillers. That was why this arc give people the anxiety when waiting for the next chapter, wanting to know what will happen next. That is why this arc is great, much better the previous ones (not all).
Old 2009-09-22, 13:43   Link #2835
NaweG
Just some guy

So anyway... while we await the next new chapter, any fan stories or comics based on HnG that folks would recommend?
Old 2009-09-22, 14:30   Link #2836
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Your main point was that you don't like this arc at all for its seriousness without a bit of comedy. However, it seems like you do not like this arc just because Athena is in it.

To me, because of the seriousness of this arc that can make the story move forward without a bunch of fillers. That was why this arc give people the anxiety when waiting for the next chapter, wanting to know what will happen next. That is why this arc is great, much better the previous ones (not all).
The fact remains that Hayate has always been a comedy series at heart. Right now Hata is basically dropping the ball on that part of the manga. HnG has managed to have plot, decent character development and a story up until now without the absence of the comedy. Of course I'm going to dislike it; it's obviously a drop in quality if Hata managed to do it before but can't do it now.

And it's not like arcs had random fillers in them; the manga basically flowed in a plot/story arc -> filler, filler -> plot/story arc, etc, so the filler comment is a moot point.
Old 2009-09-22, 15:16   Link #2837
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
The fact remains that Hayate has always been a comedy series at heart. Right now Hata is basically dropping the ball on that part of the manga. HnG has managed to have plot, decent character development and a story up until now without the absence of the comedy. Of course I'm going to dislike it; it's obviously a drop in quality if Hata managed to do it before but can't do it now.

And it's not like arcs had random fillers in them; the manga basically flowed in a plot/story arc -> filler, filler -> plot/story arc, etc, so the filler comment is a moot point.
Yes, HnG has been known for its comedy and that was why the story has not move forward at move especially in Hayate's case,no development for him. That was why the story was getting repetitive and fillers continuously occurred; even in the arcs the story was lack of interest and repetitive, going nowhere. Comedy has its time and places but too much of it in a story is disastrous especially during the intense reunion of Hayate and Athena. Hata can easily gives it comedy but it does not feel right. Have any arc in the story surpassed the seriousness of the relationship between Athena and Hayate? None, nor does any other girl in any other arc affects Hayate emotionally as much as Athena.

If you dislike this arc for the lack of comedy, I have nothing to say. And if you think this arc is weak because of the lack of comedy, I have no nothing to say. Your taste. However, I must disagree with all the other HnG fans waiting anxiously for the next chapter.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-09-22 at 15:40.
Old 2009-09-22, 15:29   Link #2838
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

In this case the plot + comedy aspect was what was getting boring since the "funny" wasnt as funny anymore IMO....

In the end it all boils down to the old argument of "my tastes >>> your tastes"
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 20:26   Link #2839
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

everyone is entitled to their own opinion off course and personally i felt the athena arc was really a refreshing change from the same old same old and also how hata so smoothly transitioned the series from slapstick to serious really deserves credit, it was like one minute it was hayate getting run over by a car and the next it goes to serious mode with the Athena arc and I hardly even notice the change in tone and pace until I finish reading the most recent chapter because I'm so glued to every chapter.
Old 2009-09-22, 21:09   Link #2840
Used Can

Pettan Pettan Tsurupettan

Tags
comedy, shounen