AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-07-11, 14:10   Link #1
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Deleted Scenes from Movies You Love

Let's discuss scenes from movies you love that got cut from the theatrical release, and whether you think it was better that they were left out.

Let's start with everyone's favorite Alien Movie, Aliens

A scene that was NOT included in the Theatrical OR Fabled Director's Cut: The Slimeball Company-Lawyer Carter J Burke Getting EXACTLY what he deserved; giving birth to an Alien, yay!

.... except not really.

I'm confused about this scene because although I'm happy that Burke FINALLY gets whats coming to him, I'm ANGRY at Ripley for bailing him out of taking responsibility for the ruined lives and dreams of 157 innocent people, by giving him a grenade so he dosen't have to know what Mary (the poor woman in the first battle) and her 156 friends felt like when THEY met their painful and humiliating ends.

If it were me, I would just let him pop and take responsibility for his actions.

All in all, I'm glad James Cameron left it out, or I would have been SO mad at Ripley.

More to come later.
Old 2014-07-11, 16:57   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

One of my favorite deleted scenes in movies is The Lost World: Jurassic Park’s. The scene I’m talking about is the introduction to Roland Tembo, the (supposed) badass hunter that I think will adds greatly for the movie because his character is fleshed out better here and we can actually root for the guy.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Compared to the deleted introduction, the first scene we saw him in the final cut of the film made him seem like an arrogant, pompous, elitist, jerk-hunter for a lot of the audience which doesn’t help the movie at all. The deleted scene also helps introducing us to Ajay, Roland’s trusted companion which is a relatively good guy. That scene could’ve made his demise in the final film a bit more impactful. Oh well.