AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-15, 00:12   Link #1
Netr0

Pondering on some things

Just some thoughts i had about the anime, if names are spelt wrong sorry - i got them from other posts.

My main question was at the ending, did it really work out between Takayuki and Mitsuki? It shows them holding each other at the top of the hill talking about "Trying to work things out" - Takayuki even said he wasn't sure if it would work. Then it shows Takayuki is moved out of his apartment. Please note after the hill scene, it doesnt show Both of them togethet, just Takayuki walking about the park and Mitsuki looking at the newspaper about Haruka's Sister.

Random thoughts i had through the anime

Takayuki was forced into a relationship with Haruka, he just felt sorry for her then dated her. Nearly all dates he was late on his own decisions, talking with Mitsuki both times(At that point i knew that he liked Mitsuki more, but felt obligated to keep his feelings for Haruka even after the accident).

About the incident with Misuki and Shinji, yes i would be P.Oed as well but i could understand why she did it(Her reasoning was that she was just trash to Takayuki and she felt needed and would be with anyone just as long as she would feel good for just a moment[she was drunk but that was her fault]) . I was just disgusted with Shinji(But hell who would turn down sex with Mitsuki?).

Last edited by Netr0; 2004-12-15 at 15:13. Reason: Name Error Changes
Old 2004-12-15, 01:03   Link #2
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

The extended ending makes a bit more sense into things overall, however to get a full understanding you would have had to play the game.

Following the story that they used for the anime, it follows the game's version of Mitsuki's arc. In that end, Takayuki and Mitsuki are, indeed, together happily and married with a child. Scenes from the game show Mitsuki sitting with their child on the bed reading Haruka's book.

The whole relationship with Haruka is a big point of controversy still You have a good idea on the general flow that the story meant to take.

Now Shinji and Mitsuki, this was Mitsuki proving her worth to herself, seeing if she is the strong person she thinks she is...it's her moment of weakness.
Old 2004-12-15, 03:27   Link #3
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm somewhat happy that the extended ending addresses one of my complaints from the original: that the reading of Haruka's book jumps from beginning to end while sort of skipping the middle. At least in the extended version, the anime allows the viewer to read it on his/her own even though it has that "dragging while being rushed" feel to it. Still, the ending lacks that certain something that it makes it truly, truly great. Satisfying, good and nice--but still a *bit* lacking in my opinion.

Hmmm. I can't really explain it that well.

I suppose that's to be expected, considering all the events that have happened in the story. With that said, it makes me wonder how effective the game's original Mitsuki's true end is compared to the one in the anime.

On another note--I'm thinking, that since in the anime they were sort of following Mitsuki's path, it shows Takayuki buying the book before giving it to Mitsuki, who then reads it to their child. The latter event is shown in the game, whereas in the anime, Akane is the one shown reading it.
Old 2004-12-15, 04:44   Link #4
Netr0

Where is this 'Extended Version' Do you mean the general anime or the video game?
Old 2004-12-15, 12:27   Link #5
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netr0
Where is this 'Extended Version' Do you mean the general anime or the video game?
The extended version was released as part of the DVD releases, and it replaced the final episode's ending there.

Seeing as MFI has now moved KGNE as a protected work, it's up to GHD whether or not we can link to them here or not.
Old 2004-12-15, 12:35   Link #6
arias

Quote:
Random thoughts i had through the anime

Tatayuki was forced into a relationship with Haruka, he just felt sorry for her then dated her. Nearly all dates he was late on his own decisions, talking with Mitsuki both times(At that point i knew that he liked Mitsuki more, but felt obligated to keep his feelings for Haruka even after the accident).

I just love how he says "Tatayuki". Makes him seem like a sauce.
Old 2004-12-15, 15:14   Link #7
Netr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I just love how he says "Tatayuki". Makes him seem like a sauce.
Maybe next time please leave the correct spellings of name. Fixed it compared to DarkCntry's post.
Old 2004-12-15, 15:15   Link #8
Netr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
The extended version was released as part of the DVD releases, and it replaced the final episode's ending there.

Seeing as MFI has now moved KGNE as a protected work, it's up to GHD whether or not we can link to them here or not.
I have episodes 1-14, is the 14th the extended ending?
Old 2004-12-15, 15:18   Link #9
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
I have episodes 1-14, is the 14th the extended ending?
If you have the DVD versions and not the TV rips, then yes, episode 14 will have the extended ending.
Old 2004-12-15, 15:51   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

All hail to Shinji!!!!

Have to say the story in Haruka's pictures book sounds quite bad, nowhere nearly as good as the one she likes
Old 2004-12-16, 16:50   Link #11
Netr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
If you have the DVD versions and not the TV rips, then yes, episode 14 will have the extended ending.
Probly Not, the one i had is fansubbed by Lunar
Old 2004-12-16, 19:29   Link #12
Adi

I thought the extended ending made quite a difference, i didnt get the meaning of the book the first time around really but now its pretty clear. Does the very last bit suggest all the group got back together (Haruka turning and looking happy)?

PS Contrary to some peoples opinions, i do think takayuki actually did love haruka before the accident and was pretty clueless about mitsukis feelings. Hed be pretty mean to sleep with the girl he didnt really care much about. Its only later his feelings change and he ends up with mitsuki...i think
Old 2004-12-17, 20:57   Link #13
Netr0

Extended Ending
Did it consist of the following?

[Ctrl+A to see]
Takayuki sees Mitsuki at the hill top and trys to work things out, even though she doesn't need him anymore he declares that he needs her. That and the book Haruka came out and Etc.

Is that the extended ending?
Old 2004-12-18, 11:21   Link #14
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Extended Ending
Did it consist of the following?

[Ctrl+A to see]
Takayuki sees Mitsuki at the hill top and trys to work things out, even though she doesn't need him anymore he declares that he needs her. That and the book Haruka came out and Etc.

Is that the extended ending?
Not quite, the ending consisted mainly of you getting to hear the whole story that Haruka wrote, as well as a few surprises afterwards...I won't go into spoiling the very end, but lets just say it is far more satisfying to us longtime KGNE fans
Old 2004-12-18, 15:34   Link #15
KoopaTroopa

I watched the DVD Episode 14, and the ending looked exactly like the TV rips. I didn't see anything special. Another person said the same thing on Lunar's board. I'm like, where's the special ending...
Old 2004-12-18, 16:02   Link #16
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa
I watched the DVD Episode 14, and the ending looked exactly like the TV rips. I didn't see anything special. Another person said the same thing on Lunar's board. I'm like, where's the special ending...
Then you're not watching the right one...it is a different, 4 minute longer, ending.
Old 2004-12-22, 14:21   Link #17
eternalblu

is this alternate ending in the DVD ones that KAA just released, i downloaded the last one and its like 27 minutes long cause each ep is like 4 minutes longer i think
Old 2004-12-28, 23:34   Link #18
^Shikamaru^

I wanna see the extended version; how do i know if i buy the copy, is there a sticker staying, extended version? Anyone got a pic, so i know what to look for?
Old 2004-12-28, 23:43   Link #19
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Shikamaru^
I wanna see the extended version; how do i know if i buy the copy, is there a sticker staying, extended version? Anyone got a pic, so i know what to look for?
If you buy the R2J DVDs, you will get the extended ending.
Old 2005-01-02, 01:39   Link #20
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

I don't understand the story in the extended version... It's so messed up...
Closed Thread