AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 19:10   Link #37801
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireen View Post
In exchange he gets a fairly sturdier body that can be 'repaired', but tends to get les responsive when he uses too much prana.

It's quite similar to the true ending, with the difference that Rider and Saber Alter killed each other (Rider dies a little later to have Shirou be the winner of the war), then it proceeds normally until Sakura goes berserk and Shirou is not able to use Rule Breaker in time, losing her body and mind to Avenger.
From there Shirou and Rin team up to fight against the new born Avenger using Zelretch and Archer's arm, but not managing to do much against him. They only manage to win thanks to an opening caused from Sakura getting back in control for few seconds and imploring them to kill her, because seeing them die by her hand would be more painfull than death itself, allowing Shirou to stab her with a traced Excalibur, destoying Avenger and the Greater Grail with the Excaliblast at the cost of practically killing himself because of the stress on his body and circuits.
In the instant in which she is stabbed Sakura tells him that she was happy to have been loved by him, and wishes for him to be happy (not knowing that he was pretty much going to die as well). Then Illya proceed to sacrifice herself in order to completely seal the Greater Grail forever and save Shirou.
Shirou then gets his new artificial body and he is reduced to a broken shell unlil Rin litteraly kicks some sense in him by telling him to not waste Illaya's sacrifice and to not deny her sister last wish. From there he gradually starts to recover, becoming a new matured Shirou that vaules his life (Illya's last gift) that had given up on saving everyone, but will still do his best to save the people he cares for.
For what he does in between the HGW and the Jewel Seed incident, he maily works as a freelance magus, hunting down Dead Apostles and things along the lines (His abiliteis are more combat related and he uses them to earn a living, and habits are hard to die), while travelng around the world to find something tha makes him feel realized and happy.

I duuno why but i like this scenario a lot.

Yeah, I can make the Tsukimuras some other type of beings, but i just wanted to give a TH3 reference. Or else i can say that are humas white rare abiliteis that have been misunderstood for DA or something like that. But then again, i'm here to see if i can get some suggestions to start writing up the while thing.

Well, the magi tends to be quite good at hiding, and I immagine that the TSAB is only familiar with ther own kind of magic, so it would make detecting someone who uses magic circuits instead of a linker-core more difficult for them.
As for the two magic systems, I see them as two separate entities that are not incompatible, one can have a linker-core, magic circuits or booth, what it's needed is the training and knowledge to use them, but i admit that i'm still working on that.
As for the teaching part, i see Shirou more as physical combat teacher, leaving the magical side to the TSAB academy, and maybe having her and the rest of the gang teach him something about their style if I decide to give him a linker-core. In the case someone wants to learn about magecraft, I think that in more than a decade he managed to pick up something from Rin and the other people he might have seen during that time, extending his skill set a bit, but then again what i have are only notes at the moment.

Well, thanks, I'll see what i can come up with.
Fair note, have him use Saber Alter's Excalibur, not the regular one. Shirou can't trace the regular one because it was forged by fae and only after it was contaminated by the evils of mankind did it become feasible. Shirou traced something like Excalibur, maybe even Caliburn, but not it exactly, because he was literally going brain dead and just pulled out something from Archer's Arm that could get the job done being an Anti-Fortress NP. Not to mention he doesn't have the prana to fire a shot off of Excalibur either way.

As for the Tsukimuras, you can have them have some kind of inhuman blood (not vampire) like the Tohnos, Arimas, etc.

Linker-cores are linked to the body, which means that if he did have one as a human he doesn't now, while Circuits are engraved on the soul, even through reincarnation or being shoved into a puppet body. Ilya didn't actually have Circuits since she didn't have a soul, being an artificial being, but she had something similar that could handle Heracles.

As for the TSAB, remember, they have access to the Infinite Library and far more styles than the Mid-Style magic (I think it's considered the standard though), so you can probably get away with blaming it on bad organization research wise since Yuuno doesn't work there yet.

You make comparisons for conversations though, such as the difference between both settings familiars and such. Like I said, it's a fairly interesting idea. Try asking around on Beast Lair if you need more information on the Fate side of things.
Old 2013-04-08, 19:24   Link #37802
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

There's no reason for the Bureau to establish dedicated research on a backwater planet, not when they barely have enough resources to search for lost-logias on their territories. They have bigger things to prioritize
Old 2013-04-08, 19:45   Link #37803
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
There's no reason for the Bureau to establish dedicated research on a backwater planet, not when they barely have enough resources to search for lost-logias on their territories. They have bigger things to prioritize
The reason earth is considered backwater is because they lack magical potential and the necessary technology though, correct? Yet they have (very rare) people like Aoko, who can literally manipulate time and Zelretch that can operate in parallel universes. Yes, the TSAB is also an infantile organization of what, 50+ years (In all honesty I should double check this) and may lack the resources, but you'd think that they'd at least make thoroughly sure that any world they visit for first contact or so they'd scan for other mages in addition to assessing the threat level.

Granted, what Tiresias said can be used as a great excuse, Earth is an non-administrated world after all. I'm just poking around and seeing if I find any holes in his boat so he can patch it before setting out to sea. The more we prod around the more ideas he can get and improve his story potential.
Old 2013-04-08, 20:02   Link #37804
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Nasu magi are very good at not getting noticed, by necessity. Adding that Bureau scanners failed to detect the humongous Belkan super battleship on their capital world, them failing to properly assess the magical capacity of backwater worlds is not unsurprising.

Besides, it's not like magi throw spells every minute, allowing for easy observation. Assessing the capacity of at
least ninety seven backwater worlds would be time and resources consuming. Right now they have better, more urgent things to do, like securing archaeotechs of potential mass destruction.
Old 2013-04-08, 20:04   Link #37805
Twi

Quote:
Nasu magi are very good at not getting noticed, by necessity. Considering Bureau scanners failed to detect the humongous Belkan super battleship on their capital world, them failing to properly assess the magical capacity of backwater worlds is not unsurprising.

Besides, it's not like magi throw spells every minute, allowing for easy observation. Assessing the capacity of at
least ninety seven backwater worlds would be time and resources consuming. Right now they have better, more urgent things to do, like securing archaeotechs of potential mass destruction.
Fair enough, but consider this: How did the TSAB remain hidden from Nasuverse mages during the period they came to gain information on Earth in order to rate it as an non-administrated world?
Old 2013-04-08, 20:05   Link #37806
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Have to agree with Tiresias on that assessment. At most, the greatest likelihood of the Bureau detecting Nasu-type mages would be during the Holy Grail War, given the flashy capabilities of Servants, like Saber's three uses of Excalibur in the fourth War. While there's two organizations with vested interests in keeping that sort of thing secret, neither of them would likely expect being detected by the Bureau in such an instance.

But otherwise, I don't really think what happens in Type-MOON is enough to get detected by active scanning.
Old 2013-04-08, 20:16   Link #37807
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Fair enough, but consider this: How did the TSAB remain hidden from Nasuverse mages during the period they came to gain information on Earth in order to rate it as an non-administrated world?
They just scry from orbit for a few month. Or better, from D-space. Nasu magi might be able to sense something, but will be unable to figure out the true nature. The event would probably be recorded as an anomaly in some library, but not enough basis for concrete action.
Old 2013-04-08, 20:18   Link #37808
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Fair note, have him use Saber Alter's Excalibur, not the regular one. Shirou can't trace the regular one because it was forged by fae and only after it was contaminated by the evils of mankind did it become feasible. Shirou traced something like Excalibur, maybe even Caliburn, but not it exactly, because he was literally going brain dead and just pulled out something from Archer's Arm that could get the job done being an Anti-Fortress NP.
Yet Shirou was able to project Caliburn in the Fate route, and in the UBW route, Archer could project Excalibur. He didn't do it, but he used the threat of it to keep Saber from interfering with his duel with Shirou.

It doesn't matter who or what made a sword, so long as the origin is Earth. Ea can't be traced because it is made of alien materials, not because it is Rank EX.

Shirou can project the Rank EX Avalon because it was made on planet Earth by Terran creatures from the stuff of planet Earth and the dreams of Terran creatures. He could do that even if it hadn't been part of his body for so long; rather, that condition is why he can avoid Rank Down when making a copy. He knows the sheath well enough that he can generate a near-exact replica. (His magical bond with Saber, and her concurrent activation of the sheath, may also have helped.)

Quote:
As for the Tsukimuras, you can have them have some kind of inhuman blood (not vampire) like the Tohnos, Arimas, etc.
Especially as, like Akiha, they have no aversion to sunlight.

Quote:
Ilya didn't actually have Circuits since she didn't have a soul
No, she had a soul. It's why she dies early, because her soul is falling apart. (Presumably from the abuse of sustaining Berserker before the Grail's support kicked in, and from the "training" to control his rage, and then from serving as a Grail herself and being forced to contain so many Servants.)

Really, you've got it totally backwards. Humans are creatures who grow Circuits as they grow in the womb, but Homunucli ARE Circuits who are given bodies. Homunculi are explicitly more powerful magi than humans.*

The trade off is their poorer physical health. They're not as hardy or long-lived as natural humans.

* It's like the difference between Nanoha and Agito. Nanoha was naturally concieved, and she developed a Linker Core. Agito is a Linker Core for whom a body was developed.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:21   Link #37809
Twi

Quote:
They just scry from orbit for a few month. Or better, from D-space. Nasu magi might be able to sense something, but will be unable to figure out the true nature. The event would probably be recorded as an anomaly in some library, but not enough basis for concrete action.
...Fair enough. If they did it from there, only Zelretch would really have a chance of sensing it, maybe.

But anyway, Kireen, just remember to assess as many facts as you can if you decide to weave the story together and keep Shirou from being overpowered if you can. Even if you say he was a body that weakens if he uses a lot of prana, you'll be hard pressed to not explain why he doesn't just trace Gae Bolg and pierce hearts to kill an enemy.

It's easy to say something is weak on paper, it's another to show it.

@ Sunder
He can trace Caliburn, I never denied that in fact I offered it as an alternative, and Archer threatened to trace Excalibur (never shown or proved BTW) but Archer isn't Shirou (human), but a Counter Guardian who can probably handle the output if he could manage it. Shirou can trace Avalon because it's been in him for years and after ten years without it he can't remember it properly, it was made by the fae and Shirou can't trace something as alien to human nature as the fae otherwise. As for Ea...well, I'm not touching that with a ten-foot pole. The Beast Lair debate over that ranged from the fact that he can't trace Ea because there can only be one, since there are other swords in UBW made from space metals such as in norse mythology and he can trace those.

As for the Ilya, you're probably right, but a homunculus system is different than a human's for the aforementioned reasons.

Last edited by Twi; 2013-04-08 at 20:33.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:26   Link #37810
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Oh shit. Incoming "Archer can trace Excalibur" argument.

Also, Shirou can only project Avalon because it was inside his body for so long. Nasu explicitly state that with time, even the image of it will disappear from his mind.
Here's the paragraph from an interview:

Quote:
Q: Archer's greatest defense is "Rho Aias", but if he were the same person as Shirou, shouldn't his greatest protection be "Avalon"? In the Rin route, Archer knew that the holy sword's sheath was inside Shirou, so wouldn't the Heroic Spirit form of the Shirou that "knew" that the sheath was merged with him be Archer?

A: Avalon’s power won't work if Saber's not connected to it. It's a different story during the Grail War, but all it does when Saber isn't around is make Shirou's magic attribute into "sword". Also, after the Grail War is taken apart, the line between him and her will be gone, so it's best to think that his image of "Avalon" also disappeared.
... Illya have even more powerful Circuits than Shirou did. This is her Command Spell: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...lyacommand.png

Another note: Akiha isn't a Vampire. She's a half demon.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:53   Link #37811
NTFTH

Shirou traced Avalon? I thought he just removed it from his body like Kerry and Irisviel did in Fate Zero?

Skimmed through the last couple of pages, whose idea was the recently mentioned FSN/Nanoha crossover?
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:56   Link #37812
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Oh shit. Incoming "Archer can trace Excalibur" argument.
No, we're not having that argument.
Not in a Nanoha board...
Heck, this exchange alone probably took too much space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH View Post
Shirou traced Avalon? I thought he just removed it from his body like Kerry and Irisviel did in Fate Zero?

Skimmed through the last couple of pages, whose idea was the recently mentioned FSN/Nanoha crossover?
No, Shirou returned it to Saber before she went to face Gilgamesh.

Kireen mentioned the current crossover topic while the guy they call and Eldretch Abomination did the first.
Old 2013-04-08, 20:57   Link #37813
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

^ Shirou traced Avalon in Fate route end.

The FSN/Nanoha cross were Andarkoshi/Tentacle Monster and ... Kireen's ideas.
Old 2013-04-08, 22:00   Link #37814
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
On the Nanoha side of things, you'd have to explain how the TSAB, an agency that manages mages managed to overlook an entire society when they have advanced technology upon arrival. Not to mention integrating the two styles of magic, considering they don't have the same ranking system and you'll have to get the power levels right during combat. Remember, Shirou is a Spellcaster, which is a magus who doesn't follow the norm or have formal training, so he'd be a horrible teacher without counting in the fact that he's only good at being a Faker, while Fate uses Mid-Style, which specializes in bombardment and mathematics.
I wouldn't be surprised if Mid-style is too far to the tech side of things to comprehend or be comprehensible by Nasuvian magecraft.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 22:13   Link #37815
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Is Suzuka really a vampire? I really got to check the wiki.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 22:16   Link #37816
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

^ The Tsukimura were vampires in the original Triangle Heart story.
Old 2013-04-08, 22:19   Link #37817
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
^ The Tsukimura were vampires in the original Triangle Heart story.
well, at least we can have Suzuka meeting Satsuki as they rage about their lack of screentime in the Nanoha and Tsukihime franchise.

Old 2013-04-08, 22:32   Link #37818
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Mid-style is too far to the tech side of things to comprehend or be comprehensible by Nasuvian magecraft.

On the flip side, the freakier parts of Nasu magic will drive midchildan mages nuts.
Old 2013-04-08, 22:34   Link #37819
blitz1/2

Quote:
On the flip side, the freakier parts of Nasu magic will drive midchildan mages nuts.
well in Nasuverse, magic/magecraft has a price to pay. Nanoha is like screw the law of balance, everything is MASSIVE output.

Old 2013-04-08, 22:40   Link #37820
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh? Look where MASSIVE output got Nanoha when she was 12. I daresay there's still a law of balance in place.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha