AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-04, 08:23   Link #261
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Chaos just so you know the one you have posted as chapter 23 is actually chapter 24 and your chapter 24 is chapter 25
Old 2008-11-04, 08:55   Link #262
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Chaos just so you know the one you have posted as chapter 23 is actually chapter 24 and your chapter 24 is chapter 25
That's odd, because when I click on 23 the last time, it got me no where. Only when I click on chap 24 did it give me something, so I had assume that there was an error in the link and that 23 was in 24
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 09:23   Link #263
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's odd, because when I click on 23 the last time, it got me no where. Only when I click on chap 24 did it give me something, so I had assume that there was an error in the link and that 23 was in 24
That's because no one has scans of ch 23.
Old 2008-11-04, 10:01   Link #264
Dark Mage

so we have scans until chapter 21 right? So have the group scanlating this manga stopped working on it or is it because they dont have raws?
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 19:13   Link #265
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
woohoo, ecchi swordfighting etc. manga once again, thumbsup, hope the scans will keep on rollin, and not turn into a 3 month wait like Pastel
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 22:43   Link #266
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The newest chapter, 25 I think, has another potential flag raised!! Yuuto is a pimp. Or at least an irresistable boytoy.
Old 2008-11-20, 04:37   Link #267
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Cover for novel, volume 2:

Spoiler:

Wolf?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 06:51   Link #268
Nemesis

ether we cant get any more scans for now.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 07:30   Link #269
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Bah i wish someone would pick up Omamori himari.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 08:10   Link #270
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Cover for novel, volume 2:

Spoiler:

Wolf?
He's still using his old H-manga designs.... Draw something new damn it.
Old 2008-11-20, 08:13   Link #271
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Bah i wish someone would pick up Omamori himari.
we cant, there is a lack of raws.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 14:12   Link #272
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
He's still using his old H-manga designs.... Draw something new damn it.
You are a strange man. Matra Milan's art style is one of the sexiest I've ever seen.
Old 2008-11-20, 22:02   Link #273
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
You are a strange man. Matra Milan's art style is one of the sexiest I've ever seen.
Yes Matra Milan's art style is sexy, but I want him to draw a new character that's not based on his old shit.
Old 2008-11-21, 00:12   Link #274
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Meh he's art is decent, maybe it's because I seen through a crapload of hentai manga/doujins but there's a crapload of sexier art then this guys art.

Bosshi for example:

Spoiler for .:

*waits for someone to post "art is subjective" making my post worthless*

Anyways also love Naruko Hanaharu, Gunma, Fukudahda/Kensoh Ogawa, Distance, Takeda Hiromitsu, Yuki Seto, Tsukino Jyogi, Saigando, Amatarou, Jingrock, Yonekura Kengo, Yamatokawa. Google or use mangaupdates website search in mangaka section and see how awesome their art is, most of their work has been scanlated.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 08:47   Link #275
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Actually I believe that if people are being honest that for the vast majority of us art is not subjective, good is good and crap is crap. People say art is subjective because they want to feel inclusive. In your case the flaw I see is that you are arguing one good artist is better than another good artist fo me as long as it meets a certain level of enjoyment (I look at it I like it) then I don't really care which good art is better. I'll even go one step further and say that I think sometimes people support crappy art because they want to be different.
Old 2008-11-21, 19:19   Link #276
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Yes Matra Milan's art style is sexy, but I want him to draw a new character that's not based on his old shit.
I don't care. Old or new, it's the specific kind of shit he draws and I like it so I like his old shit.

His technical skill has evolved from Palladium Garden to Omamori Himari though.

Art is both subjective and objective anyway. Objectively you judge on technical execution. You can come to tell when an artist draws his characters weird on purpose or because he's just not good. Subjectively it's the style and look.

Some people love Felis Ovum. I don't, but only because the style is a little freaky for me; but the skill is good.

There is mediocre art though, and it's usually when it's supposed to have a deep meaning or be "open to interpretation." Almost every single one of these things mean nothing..... until you read the artist's statement next to it, or some critic's "interpretation" of the work. And then you supposedly "see" the meaning or the nuance of the work. I think it's silly.

These things fail both objectively and subjectively. Objectively they just do not show that much technical skill and effort. These people draw/paint a few giant lines and call it a masterpiece. Subjectively these things just convey absolutely diddly squat, and need a written statement or "intepretation" to give it meaning and substance, and that's just weak. The so-called "artist" is relying on the possibility that he can hoodwink audiences into seeing something that isn't there. He has nothing to say with his work so he has to have his audience do it for him. These pieces of "art" are just retarded. The artist has nothing of worth to convey or teach to the audience.

I think these people get famous because deep inside critics know they can't do art (and most can't) and so they see these artists as a way to express their desire to be good at art and to salve their insecurities. Maybe, maybe not.

Ehem, that's that.
Old 2008-11-21, 23:41   Link #277
ellifeedn
Thinker

Found out that ch. 22 is out. And apparently I'm resistant to any temptation that is loli in nature. Sorry Shizuku.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 08:38   Link #278
DeotoxSlayer

For anyone who is reading the Japanese versions, how far behind are the Scanlations???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 08:44   Link #279
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

in the pic that was linked (felis ovum) the skill was obviously good even if the content was (to my taste) strange i was speaking more of stuff that becomes famous even though it is complete crap. I remember a few years back a guy ran a sheet across a bunch of hills and called that art..... my grandmother always called it laundry.
if we focus in on manga I am not a big fan of rumiko takahashi's art or those who are similar and for a long long time I thought that is why i disliked ranma so much, after reading kimagure orange road (very very similar art) i can say that writing can cover up for art that is lacking because i loved kor.
In the case of OH i have to say it is mostly the reverse, the art is good in this manga and i don't just mean the eye candy it is just generally good and it makes up some ground for an average story, otherwise the overuse of fanservice might get old and it doesn't.
Old 2008-11-22, 11:02   Link #280
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
For anyone who is reading the Japanese versions, how far behind are the Scanlations???
Now that Ch 22 is out in english, the scanlations are 2 or 3 chapters behind.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, licensed, romance, shounen