AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-20, 06:44   Link #1
Casshern

Question Piano tune also in Sailormoon

In the beggining of episode 7 there is a piano tune on the tv that Hikari is watching. The tune is also played again when it starts snowing.

The very same tune is also heard in Sailormoon from an episode in the "Dead Moon Circus" arc. In the episode, Ami is coresponding with a musician (nicknamed N.T, I think) over the internet and he sends her this song.

I only remember this tune because I would tape every episode and keep the ones with nice music, lol...a bit embarasing

But there is definetely no mistake, it is the exact same tune in both animes.

Maybe they took the song from Sailormoon, or maybe it is from an old movie (the movie that Hikari is watching on tv, if it's from a real-life film...) and both animes borrowed it. What do you think?

Does anyone know the origin of the song?
Old 2004-05-21, 03:37   Link #2
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
yah I checked on this after i saw the thread, but I have no idea as to the origin of the song. It's definetly the same song, but I have no idea where they got it in either case. Sorry I couldn't help any
Old 2004-06-27, 10:38   Link #3
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Yea, your right, but the inportant thing is fan service. I dont see your saliormoon with any. And if im wrong about the saliormoon fan service, then please tell me right away!! Btw, i still want to know how to get into the Hikari fan club
Old 2004-06-27, 14:30   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Wouldn't surprise me if gainax borrwed some songs from other series. They often reuse their own. I noticed a few from eva in konomini. It's cheaper to borrow old music than pay to have new songs composed, especially if the song is public domain or from an older Gainax series, which of course means they own the rights and can use as they see fit. I would guess the song in question from sailor moon was from something else and public domain, since gainax would be too cheap to pay to use a song.
Old 2004-06-28, 00:18   Link #5
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Yea, ur right, Gainax has been around for a long time, its not a surpize that they r running out of ideas. but the fan service is still cool =)
Old 2004-07-01, 06:56   Link #6
Casshern

Thanx for the tip Kamui!

And yes Psi, as irrelevant as fanservice is to the topic, we all like a bit of it here and there...
Old 2004-07-16, 14:16   Link #7
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

A bit? what about a copious amount!
Old 2006-05-09, 13:38   Link #8
hoshino_crimsonwings

I wouldn't be surpised, since in the end Hikari and Akari sang the sang didnt they?