AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-04, 08:54   Link #261
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Come on guys, get real, if you are offended by scantilly dressed girls slashing unflagged bombers, what should those poor arabs, japanese, germans, etc. feel when they see their ancestors massacred in very realistic depictions by war films? This is not a documentary or anything! On the statements that foreigners are barbarians or demons, etc. it is how every culture that is ignorant of the rest of the world views it.

On the introduction's ink blots vs weapons used (since I rewatched the episode), they show slashes for:
  • Yukimura using a warfan (blunt)
  • Matabei using a spear (piercing)
Also Hanzo's oversized shuriken blew up a couple of planes Minor point really

Also, the OP is really nice except that recurring urge to throw an irrelevant and incoherent english sentence ... even worse use it as song's title

Finally, who the hell is/are KOBUN
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 08:58   Link #262
tsunade666

sanada in that twisted introduction of samurai girls slicing down planes looks like an adult one than the one in the op or the sanada of the show.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:55   Link #263
Nerroth
NePoi!

I was seriously thrilled to see a reference to the Moko Shurai Ekotoba (Mongol Invasion Scroll) in the opening propaganda reel; what I would give to see a series based on the battles of Bun'ei and Kouan!

Not quite so hot on the scene set in the 20th century, but then I don't know what the alternate history in this world is supposed to be post-not-Meiji.

(Based on what they show on the map, I'm guessing there must have been some sort of equivalent to the Meiji-era colonisation of Hokkaido... unless the island was put in there without too much thought as to its pre-Meiji status as Ezogashima.)

Character-wise, I don't particularly like some of the costume designs (or lack thereof), though the overall art style is very interesting.

Oh, I'm guessing that Jubei is meant to be some sort of Servant-alike?
Old 2010-10-04, 14:25   Link #264
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
im waiting a couple of days hopefully itll be like ichiban and an uncensored one will come out in 2 days or so, nothing worse than watching an anime and they black out half the screen
The AT-X version starts next Monday. Not sure how uncensored it will be, but maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
The very idea of a feudal government leading a 1st world power in 2010 is completely absurd and mildly offensive.
Like I said, don't take it too seriously. Of course it's absurd. "Mildly offensive"? Lol.

But if you want to get serious, I wouldn't be surprised to see world society drifting further toward some kind of corporate and/or religious feudalism as we go further into the global village era, in which we falsely imagine that we have personal contact with people far from us, and respond to distant leaders as if they were our feudal lords. It won't look like this show, but it may have more similarities than we think possible right now.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:46   Link #265
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Finally, who the hell is/are KOBUN
KOBUN is Hyakka Ryouran director's alias.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:05   Link #266
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
KOBUN is Hyakka Ryouran director's alias.
OK, let me be clearer, whose alias ... that was the point of the question
Old 2010-10-04, 23:19   Link #267
chaos_animagic

>_< just watched the first episode (subed)...

And yea, it's censored... stupid "black ink" blocking out all the good parts... I wanted my big boobies. (especially when the "black ink" makes it look like the girl's parts is leaking out the "black ink"... now that doesn't look right at all...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 23:44   Link #268
ZeKeR
Superbad

ep. 2... im gonna wait for Sanhime to lol
Old 2010-10-04, 23:56   Link #269
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
...Finally, who the hell is/are KOBUN
I've been looking everywhere I can think of, in English and Japanese, and I still haven't found out. Does anyone else know?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-10-05, 20:37   Link #270
Johnny
Working the bags...

Seen the PV from the DVD, uncensored. Looks very nice without the ink blots...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:29   Link #271
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

i liked the animations style, the intro was great, but the ink blots ruined it for me
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 12:23   Link #272
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for OYZ 02 - DaiShinken, Samurai Giri!:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 13:09   Link #273
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The ink is an interesting way to censor...but I think I'll be waiting for the uncensored version for this series as well.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-10-10 at 13:33.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 13:45   Link #274
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep2 was fun.
Spoiler for ep2:
Terrific seiyuu work, even aside from Yuuki. Kotobuki Minako was particularly good, but so were Hirakawa, Gotou Saori, and Kugyu. And I still find the visual style extremely pleasing.
Old 2010-10-10, 15:07   Link #275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The ink is an interesting way to censor...but I think I'll be waiting for the uncensored version for this series as well.
Does this show even air on AT-X? I've noticed they seem to put a lot of effort into animating and drawing the breasts; of course it's hard to tell for sure with the censorship.
Old 2010-10-10, 15:16   Link #276
Malkuth
Banned

It should air on AT-X in just about now (schedule). Though it's the first episode

Anyway, second episode was great, I loved the fight at the beginning, as well as the servicy exposition. Also Nia is much better than the mouthfull シャルル・ド・ダルタニアン

Art is still suberb, and non-censoring sumi works fine for me.

EDIT: Oops! the AT-X broadcast is tomorrow ... my bad.
Old 2010-10-10, 16:24   Link #277
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Episode 2 was great. Didn't expect them to use the ink in the fight, but it looked good. All characters are interesting and well made so far, which given recent seasons, is a plus. Wished Juubei would have used her badass voice a little more.
Old 2010-10-10, 16:52   Link #278
iceyfw

hm i wonder who are the girls with the master samurai marks in the OP. i'm willing to be Yagyuu will have something do it
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 17:12   Link #279
dark998

The beginning of the OP changed, it looks better now (animation > still images).

Good episode, really liked the first real battle of the series, especially the ink usage and the slow motion. But not everything has to be action and fanservice, so a good amount of story info was revealed as well.

Comedy bits were enjoyable too. Jubei's "normal" form is adorable. And also Sen's tsun-tsun mode

But I wonder why Muneakira was so scared or Jubei? Something related to his samurai code, perhaps?
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 17:18   Link #280
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
i liked the animations style, the intro was great, but the ink blots ruined it for me
The problem is Japan is obsessed with exploding clothes and ecchi. I swear, every well-animated new action series seems to have this theme and it's getting extremely frustrating. And to make it worse, they exploit it by leaving the uncensored versions for DVD releases.

What's wrong with mild ecchi and fight scenes that aren't choreographed around a female character's breasts?! There is plenty of other ways to make a woman sexy other then blatantly flopping her boobs and showing panties in every damn frame.

Tags
action, ecchi, light novel adaptation, seinen, shounen