AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 13:49   Link #301
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So why does Hibiki need to keep her identity secret? The Noise doesn't seem to have any plan beyond, "Show up, eat people" so they're unlikely to target Hibiki's friends and family. Is the emergency response team afraid another country might try kidnapping/blackmailing Hibiki or Tsubasa?

I also find it amusing that Hibiki looks flat chested when wearing her school clothes, but going by the OP she has bigger breasts than any character save Sakura.
Because its a Japanese operation. The kid witness was warned not to tell foreign agents lest she and her mom be deemed spies.

Given there is a shortage of Relics for Symphogears other countries threatened by Noise would probably want to pluck this newbie from Japan.

Also Hibiki is probably the first case of Symphogear Relic fragment implantation. Hence an important test subject. However accidentaly it might be.

It is also implied Tsubasa was raised to fight Noise. She and likely Kanade as Attuned was trained to fight Noise. Given Hibiki herself is an Attuned and the rarity of Relics there is probably Quality over Quantity at work here.

Since Hibiki is dead at the present I have a theory that using her power constantly will eventually kill her. The Relic fragments was never removed near her heart. She could be on borrowed time with a heart condition.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 14:03   Link #302
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

All of you talking about how they might kill off Tsubasa as well makes me really nervous. Kanade's death left me so upset and angry, so if Tsubasa were to die so soon (or at all, because Tsubasa and Kanade are my favourite characters (after only one episode, ha!)), I would... uh... fly over to Japan and smash the heads of those responsible in?

Best moments in this episode for me, that left me squealing like a deranged fangirl?
Not so subtle hints at something going on between Kanade and Tsubasa.
Tsubasa looking awesome on a bike. Period.

Hopes/thoughts about third episode:
If Hibiki were to honestly defeat Tsubasa then... no. Just no. It's your singing that gives you power, so instant win for Tsubasa.
More Kanade!
An explanation for Noise attacking people; there has to be a (plausible) reason, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
sorry, but the girl in th ED was hibiki? her hairstyle looks different...
In the OP was a silver-haired girl with a similar hairstyle, if I remember correctly... might be her.
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 14:38   Link #303
King-Slayer

Really digging this anime right now. I'll hold off saying more until more episodes comes out.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 15:14   Link #304
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasirgan View Post
More Kanade!
Ugh, I hope not. As much as I love Kanade I don't want to see her in every episode in a flashback as reminder that she is dead.

And yeah, I hope they give a good explanation about Noise and their history of appearance.
Old 2012-01-14, 15:31   Link #305
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
this... thought she was going berserk
There's still time =) Something dark and bestial lurks near her heart. I admit I was slightly disappointed by the beginning of episode 2, but I'm going to give her bloodlust a chance to grow.
Old 2012-01-14, 16:52   Link #306
xizro345
King's Justice

I personally liked the episode, despite some production issues, apparent even in the opening.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 17:07   Link #307
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
As much as I love Kanade I don't want to see her in every episode in a flashback as reminder that she is dead.
Agreed.
Old 2012-01-14, 17:38   Link #308
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone who saw Gosick shouldn't be too surprised by Hibiki's singing...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 19:02   Link #309
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Ugh, I hope not. As much as I love Kanade I don't want to see her in every episode in a flashback as reminder that she is dead.
I do agree, but it's for the drama! Admittedly, it's also because I kind of don't like Hibiki that much at this point (read: not now and probably never will), so yeah.

Something totally random: is it just me or do some of the Noise look like those adorable bacteria/virus plush toys, that you can buy somewhere on the internet?
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 19:48   Link #310
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Anyone who saw Gosick shouldn't be too surprised by Hibiki's singing...
Proof of concept:

Off-Key Victorique Version

Normal Version
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:23   Link #311
Ray
Garnet

Huh, I enjoyed episode 2 a lot more than I thought I would. I loved the OP ~

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 21:39   Link #312
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Proof of concept:

Off-Key Victorique Version

Normal Version
The other song from madoka???
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 00:28   Link #313
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Finishes Episode two and i find it to be a really cool series. They really started strong with these two very well executed episodes, the battles, the colorfull suits, the overwhelming and over-the-top attacks all comprised in exciting melodies(most of them played by Nana Mizuki herself xD!). This points out to be a pretty tragic sotyr but the build up was excelent and the inital premise totally hooked me up.

I'll be waiting for the next chapter when we finally get to see how awesome Symphogears are on one-on-one battles xD!

Oh yeah, i already love Tsubasa. Poor yet awesome girl xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:20   Link #314
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I actually don't think that Hibiki's singing is that bad at all (ESPECIALLY when compared to Victorique ). I was like, "Oh, is this what people were talking about? What's the problem? It sounds cute."

Also, the OP is growing on me. I didn't think much of the song when I first heard it, but I like it the more I listen to it. The awkwardness of some of the animations in the visual sequence are kind of annoying, though...
Old 2012-01-15, 01:54   Link #315
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I actually don't think that Hibiki's singing is that bad at all (ESPECIALLY when compared to Victorique ). I was like, "Oh, is this what people were talking about? What's the problem? It sounds cute."
I thought it was cute too But at any rate, the studio had very little choice - a different VA would probably not have been able to make the crystal shards resonate to form the Symphogear.
Old 2012-01-15, 09:18   Link #316
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Dat OP....

Who else screamed ASTRAL FINISH!!!!

When Tsubasa's massive blade impaled that Noise?
Old 2012-01-15, 11:15   Link #317
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Huh, I enjoyed episode 2 a lot more than I thought I would. I loved the OP ~

Spoiler for Episode 2:
That's why the opening of ep 1 really hits home in this ep
Old 2012-01-15, 14:21   Link #318
OkamiNoKaze

This show and Another, don't happen to play back to back on the same channel do they?
Old 2012-01-15, 14:44   Link #319
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
They should have kept her.

And IMO trolling is stupid and even more so especially if you're not going to troll everybody and only troll half of your audience.
I still find it amusing that people think this is some form of trolling as opposed to a calculated decision to generate some controversy and provide for a passing of the torch type storyline at the same time. I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to explain that the business word does not equate to the tendencies of bad internet forums and posters.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:20   Link #320
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
a calculated decision to generate some controversy
This is what trolling means, you know.

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy