AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 17:02   Link #81
Undertaker

I also think it depends on whether WG is going after Domflamingo. However with story direction lean more and more toward that WG is "evil", I'm starting to get a feeling that maybe, just maybe that everything Domflamingo is doing behind the scene is with permission from the upper echelon of WG. WG In essence, he himself is CP10...

The flip side with Law keep his position would be WG is going after Domflamingo, but somehow I find that hard to picture. I mean while Domflamingo has shown disregard with Marine, at same time he was shown to have close relation with top echelon of WG. From appearing with Kuma, to knew about details of Pacifista projects, secret order to eliminate Moria, running slave ring with knowledge at least from WG. All these are showing that Domflamingo is perhaps the most trusted Shikibukai as well.
Old 2012-07-06, 19:46   Link #82
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
They treat each other like family really, although Sanji would probably argue with me on that one. Besides, Oda has always said that there is no romance in one piece. Unless he changes his mind, and when he does we will know, I seriously doubt any of the straw hats would hook up. And why are you talking about rape all of a sudden? lol
Indeed Sanji will argue with you on that theory. In fact, I bet Sanji is going to argue with Oda on why he's not getting any romance to his satisfaction. As for the talk on rape, there have been too much doujinchi novels that are not to my satisfaction. Some of which has Nami and/or Robin becoming pregnant with the child of a World Noble or worse. Robin can bear anyone's child for all I care (even Franky if not Sanji), but I'm reserving Nami for Luffy no matter how subtle the hints.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:58   Link #83
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Hancock has killed multiple marines and she has never been questioned or otherwise reprimanded (at least not until the Marineford War). It was only when she was going to refuse a direct order from the WG that she had to fall in line with the Marines.

A Shichibukai is only as good as his or her reputation. Killing marines as well as pirates only helps their rep, so I doubt Law would have his status revoked even if he had killed all the G-5 marines as so long as he took down (or helped take down) Caesar.
^
I forgot about that. I thought hancock only went because Luffy wanted to get ace out of Impel Down?

Undertaker Link#84
I never thought about that way. I would not be surprised if your right. If that is true then Smoker's report might not matter after all. If someone on the top sees Smoker's report they will just destroy it or just order it covered up. With Sengoku, Garp, and Akoiji leaving there does not seem to be any honest people left in the Marines or the WG. Kong is the only gut left that seems remotely honest on the top.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-07-06 at 21:17.
Old 2012-07-07, 00:00   Link #84
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
I forgot about that. I thought hancock only went because Luffy wanted to get ace out of Impel Down?
All of the warlords were given mandatory summons to attend the war at Marineford. Hancock went because had she refused her title would have been stripped away and the treaty between Amazon Lily and the WG would have been broken resulting in her nation being a victim of a Buster Call.
Old 2012-07-07, 00:21   Link #85
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Indeed, it would be nice to have Haki as the main weapon for a change. The previous generation seems to have gotten by just fine without DFs, although the fights were probably less interesting .

I wonder if Haki can be used to subdue one person - for example, we know that Luffy can take out ~50K weak pirates - could he focus all that strength on one person, to bring him to his knees or knock him out? Just a random thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Eh, it would be cool if Vergo really didn't have any powers, just a great Haki user.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:30   Link #86
marvelB

And back on the subject of the ramifications of the WG discovering Law's alliance with Luffy, remember that Law could easily tell them that the alliance is a pretext for him to spring a future trap on Luffy. I mean, what better way to take out a threat like Dragon's son than by lulling him into a false sense of security up until the last second? See, there's many ways for Law to deal with all these hurdles thanks to his warlord status.....
Old 2012-07-07, 14:34   Link #87
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Would you trust a pirate who made an alliance with your enemy, when he is supposed to be on your side? If the WG has the rationing and thought process of buggy the clown then it would work. It is time to start replacing the shichibukai with special robots like Bartholomew Kuma. You get a devil fruit user, Shichibukai level fighter, loyalty, huge reputation, mindless robot who will do you bidding, and they never stab you in the back.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-07-07 at 15:13.
Old 2012-07-08, 08:00   Link #88
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
Would you trust a pirate who made an alliance with your enemy, when he is supposed to be on your side? If the WG has the rationing and thought process of buggy the clown then it would work. It is time to start replacing the shichibukai with special robots like Bartholomew Kuma. You get a devil fruit user, Shichibukai level fighter, loyalty, huge reputation, mindless robot who will do you bidding, and they never stab you in the back.
sorry to interrupt your little debate but here's my two cents, i don't think the WG completely trust any of the shichibukai, nor do they expect them to act like obedient dogs. as someone else said, their arrangement is purely business. as long as the other hold their end of the bargain then why cut a mutually beneficial business arrangement? if trafalgar law, in any case, betrays them, then i don't doubt the WG would do something about it. as for the threat that you speak of, i'm sure they're aware of it, they have no control over any of the warlords so i think they all see them as potential threats. but i would bet that an organization as powerful as the WG would have so-called "safety nets" in case any of them went out of line. law is powerful, yes, but nothing they can't handle if push comes to shove. even the straw hats can be disposed of if they truly wanted it. but the WG has bigger fish to fry, there are the yonkou to contend with and the revolutionaries, etc.

as for replacing the shichibukai, well there's a reason why privateers have always existed in the world of pirates. the shichibukai are chosen for their reputations and their knowledge of the pirate world. robots may inflict fear but they don't carry the name and pride of these "bloodthirsty" shichibukai. robots are predictable too and can be easily destroyed if you know which buttons to push. they don't have the smarts and resources of real people. they make good soldiers but would make poor political allies in a world of cutthroats.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:41   Link #89
marvelB

This is a bit off-topic, but here's some interesting news: Recently a new summer OP event started in Universal Studios Japan,, and Oda actually created a new character for it! And so, ladies and gents, I present to you Chameleon:

Spoiler:

So far the only translated info we have is that the guy has a 300 million bounty, is related to Whitebeard somehow, and has the powers of the Copy Copy no Mi (which seems to be a power that can copy DF abilities/techniques, unlike Bon Clay's power which can only copy a person's appearance). This guy sounds (and looks) really cool, so here's to hoping we'll see him in the manga at some point!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-07-08 at 14:00.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:35   Link #90
itachi-san314

looks interesting! thats a pretty powerful df as well, but he wouldn't have the experience of the original of course. i'd really like to see him in action. only qualm is that the name isn't quite up to par. should be like maximillion chameleon or something
Old 2012-07-08, 12:35   Link #91
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Your image can't load for some reason lol so here's a fix:

Spoiler:

He looks really fabulous with a rainbow trench coat lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-07-08, 12:38   Link #92
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
How is he related to Whitebeard?
Old 2012-07-08, 12:54   Link #93
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

In the back view image at the bottom, the description tells us that he was from a former pirate crew of White Beard and is terrorising the New World

He has a chameleon mark on his back and is worth 300 million beri. Now that White Beard is dead, he has left the crew to claim a piece of White Beard's territory for himself. He is targeting a former territory called 'Sanba Island'.

Old 2012-07-08, 13:07   Link #94
marvelB

Thanks for the fixed image link, C.A. Dunno why it wasn't working now when it worked fine earlier.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
How is he related to Whitebeard?
Edit: Ah, missed C.A.'s post up there. So apparently he's a former Whitebeard pirate, eh....?

Anyways, a couple more details appeared. First, the guy has a distinctive laugh (Gijigijigiji), and he has drawings of the jolly rogers of pirate crews he defeated/stole techniques from under his coat. Sounds like a real interesting dude. I definitely want to see him in the manga even more, now.....

Oh, and about his name: Apparently, it may actualle be spelled Chameleone since in Japanese the name is spelled as カメレオーネ rather than カメレオン.
Old 2012-07-08, 17:16   Link #95
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
This is a bit off-topic, but here's some interesting news: Recently a new summer OP event started in Universal Studios Japan,, and Oda actually created a new character for it! And so, ladies and gents, I present to you Chameleon:

Spoiler:

So far the only translated info we have is that the guy has a 300 million bounty, is related to Whitebeard somehow, and has the powers of the Copy Copy no Mi (which seems to be a power that can copy DF abilities/techniques, unlike Bon Clay's power which can only copy a person's appearance). This guy sounds (and looks) really cool, so here's to hoping we'll see him in the manga at some point!
Chameleone, actually.
Also it seems he's a former White-beard pirate, and is wrecking havoc in what used to be WB's territory.

EDIT: whoops, nvm. It would help if I refresh the page.
Old 2012-07-08, 17:25   Link #96
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

There's more to him actually, he can also copy appearance and seem to steal powers permanently.

The actual line that describes his ability says "He doesn't just copies appearance, but the abilities of the person. Underneath his coat are drawings of flags of pirates whom he has stolen their abilities and defeated."

You can see scribbles of flags under the coat behind the legs.

Also I was talking to my bro who has every single One Piece book there is and he showed me Epoida in the book Green, who has the Caterpillar Fruit. Seems like Oda did include an insect Zoan, hopefully more to come.

Old 2012-07-08, 18:02   Link #97
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
There's more to him actually, he can also copy appearance and seem to steal powers permanently.
So he has a pimped up version of Mr 2's fruit?

That's a bit lame.

Copying powers is fine, but if he can copy appearances as well, then Mr 2 becomes a bit redundant.
Old 2012-07-08, 18:43   Link #98
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
sorry to interrupt your little debate but here's my two cents, i don't think the WG completely trust any of the shichibukai, nor do they expect them to act like obedient dogs. as someone else said, their arrangement is purely business. as long as the other hold their end of the bargain then why cut a mutually beneficial business arrangement? if trafalgar law, in any case, betrays them, then i don't doubt the WG would do something about it. as for the threat that you speak of, i'm sure they're aware of it, they have no control over any of the warlords so i think they all see them as potential threats. but i would bet that an organization as powerful as the WG would have so-called "safety nets" in case any of them went out of line. law is powerful, yes, but nothing they can't handle if push comes to shove. even the straw hats can be disposed of if they truly wanted it. but the WG has bigger fish to fry, there are the yonkou to contend with and the revolutionaries, etc.

as for replacing the shichibukai, well there's a reason why privateers have always existed in the world of pirates. the shichibukai are chosen for their reputations and their knowledge of the pirate world. robots may inflict fear but they don't carry the name and pride of these "bloodthirsty" shichibukai. robots are predictable too and can be easily destroyed if you know which buttons to push. they don't have the smarts and resources of real people. they make good soldiers but would make poor political allies in a world of cutthroats.
Potentials
You are not interrupting at all, this argument is open to anyone. The WG couldn't handle Black Beard when he betrayed them. Black Beard was given access to Level 6 and he got an extra devil fruit all thanks to the WG. Look at Croc, jinbi, and Daflamingo. They are proof that if you play with fire you can get burned. The purpose of the alliance between Law and Luffy, is to take down a Yonkou. Has for the Shichibukai there already is a mindless robot among them, his name is PX-0. His performance has Marine Ford war should not be overlooked. He brought ore Jr. to his knees with one move. He survived the fight and held his own among many of the top players. Kuma also kept the Straw Hats ship in one piece during the two years time skip. Kuma (PX-0) is the only one of his kind because he has a devil fruit. That devil fruit alone already separates him from the other kuma bots. Imagine a logia fruit in another Kuma bot. There are strong potentials for this idea and they have proven they can survive in wars with the big players. I personally hope that PX-0 was a test run for Kuma 2.0 production.
Old 2012-07-08, 19:11   Link #99
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
So he has a pimped up version of Mr 2's fruit?

That's a bit lame.

Copying powers is fine, but if he can copy appearances as well, then Mr 2 becomes a bit redundant.
I'm a bit more interested in the permanent power stealing thing - that's a potentially devastating ability right there...
Old 2012-07-08, 20:31   Link #100
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
I'm a bit more interested in the permanent power stealing thing - that's a potentially devastating ability right there...
It is incredibly powerful. Like a pseudo Blackbeard power stealing ability.

I was just concerned with how it overlaps with Mr 2's power.

Last edited by paradox13; 2012-07-08 at 22:06.
Closed Thread