AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Muv-Luv - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 11 22.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 38.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-29, 21:45   Link #41
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
This episode really made me happy in a way. When there was that crazy "warly" discussion in the anime thread which goes on an on about Yui vs Yuuya and how they're both an ass and a bitch and what not, one thing that kind of bugs me was that I felt Yuuya was being an ass almost like for the sake of being an ass. Yui however was being a bitch yet at the same time, I felt that it seems like she also cared for Yuuya and in fact, it was similar to "tough love". She was being tough and harsh on him but her true intentions was trying to help him. It was a bit more clear when she earnestly explain what he could have done during the mock battle.

That aside, I'm glad that Yuuya was able to quicky understand Yui's point she was trying to make. From now, he's going to be even better and... is Yui going to join his little harem next? Lol!
Well, as the franchise is an eroge, I'm sure that if a VN is ever made, the answer would be yes.

I'm still not sure that this anime is going to have any blatant eroge elements, other than an implied harem, and bouncing boobies.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-07-29, 21:46   Link #42
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

its not really a harem, more like a love triangle.
Old 2012-07-29, 22:06   Link #43
DarkRaven
GOD

yep i think so too ..a love triangle .. you know Yui-Yuuya-Cryska and it was a nice episode i liked it!
Old 2012-07-29, 22:37   Link #44
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Exzcellente Posto, Dezo! Suddenly, the arguing on screen seemed less annoying.
Old 2012-07-30, 00:07   Link #45
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Also interesting to note that Yui lists the "fighting spirit" (bushido) of the Japanese soldier as positive, when in reality it turned out to be a negative for the Japanese during WW2. The IJA's faith in the "spiritual superiority" of the Japanese soldier led the IJA to continually underestimate its enemies and fail to learn from its mistakes. For example, after losing decisively to the Soviets in 1939 border wars, due in large part to the IJA's underestimation of Soviet abilities at maneuver warfare and combined arms, the IJA failed to learn any lessons or adopt new strategies, relying instead on their continued (mistaken) belief in the spiritual superiority of the individual Japanese "warrior."
This is one of the factors that doomed the Japanese in WW2 (aside from the fact that they were a few islands against first the biggest nation by population, then the biggest nation by land area, then finally the biggest nation by industry, not a good idea...), but that was against human opponents and not the BETA.

With the BETA they are mainly a problem because of their numbers, not because of any tactics or wonder-weapons that they use, lasers aside. In this case, you want a mech that can fight as long as possible, with the best efficiency as possible. It's a battle of attrition, and in this case, it might not be the best idea to just blast everything away American-style, but instead focus on perfecting the operational art for which highly-efficient and maneuverable mechs, in other words, the "warrior concept", would be useful. Firepower is nice, but what about that bigass supply train, or those dwindling resources to produce the requisite ammunition? Waste not, want not.

From what I gather, eventually the war against the BETA turns into one of those endless scrolling shooters where you don't even really think as you jump around and dispatch enemies.
Old 2012-07-30, 00:22   Link #46
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
This is one of the factors that doomed the Japanese in WW2 (aside from the fact that they were a few islands against first the biggest nation by population, then the biggest nation by land area, then finally the biggest nation by industry, not a good idea...), but that was against human opponents and not the BETA.

With the BETA they are mainly a problem because of their numbers, not because of any tactics or wonder-weapons that they use, lasers aside. In this case, you want a mech that can fight as long as possible, with the best efficiency as possible. It's a battle of attrition, and in this case, it might not be the best idea to just blast everything away American-style, but instead focus on perfecting the operational art for which highly-efficient and maneuverable mechs, in other words, the "warrior concept", would be useful. Firepower is nice, but what about that bigass supply train, or those dwindling resources to produce the requisite ammunition? Waste not, want not.

From what I gather, eventually the war against the BETA turns into one of those endless scrolling shooters where you don't even really think as you jump around and dispatch enemies.
The American Army ussually has good logistics chain.
Old 2012-07-30, 00:45   Link #47
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
The American Army ussually has good logistics chain.
In a war against places like Vietnam and Iraq, yeah. Where we have total superiority and at least a parity in numbers. The BETA, while they can be fought, require lots of advanced mechs that expend 120mm shells like machine gun rounds. Plus they need to be repaired, maintained, etc, all of which need more and more logistics that, in the face of millions of massive armored BETA, will begin to strain even if you dedicate a WW2 level of effort to it.
Old 2012-07-30, 01:14   Link #48
Nyat

Quote:
Also, I imagine every military force has a 'special' class.
Special "class" should be for those with skill and/or potential. In this world Japan still uses a fucking feudal system. All those girls ended with royal guard TSFs only because they were born to the "right" family.
Quote:
Funny how Chobi is basically a drunken ball of rage most of the time, and that her breasts seem to change size . . .
In other words she is the most delicious thing that exist in Total Eclipse next to tank-class beta (seriously, does someone sell tank-class plushies?).
Quote:
what do u guys think of tarisa as a cat eared maid (i think shes cute but annoying )
You have to embrace the annoy...delicious side. Tarisa is a 100% delicious flat-chested cutie.

Besides:
-Inia stalking the rest of the crew is getting boring. I want some real character development!

And the most important:
From this moment I will use Takamura instead of Yui.
1) She damages the ego of my beloved chocolate loli.
2) She damages my beloved Active Eagles.
3) She used a real sword for that "lesson". What? You say she is a member of imperial guard so she obviously won't hurt anybody thanks to her MAD SKILZ? I call that bullshit. Send her back to Japan!
Old 2012-07-30, 01:18   Link #49
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyat View Post
3) She used a real sword for that "lesson". What? You say she is a member of imperial guard so she obviously won't hurt anybody thanks to her MAD SKILZ? I call that bullshit. Send her back to Japan!
Obviously near the end it sounds like their Command are well aware of her intentions and where all in on it. So i guess they approves of her action.

though i gotta feel sorry for the maintenance and ground crew back at the hangar. I mean look at all the extra work they got to do now to fix the damage yui caused.
Old 2012-07-30, 01:26   Link #50
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Special "class" should be for those with skill and/or potential. In this world Japan still uses a fucking feudal system. All those girls ended with royal guard TSFs only because they were born to the "right" family.

In other words she is the most delicious thing that exist in Total Eclipse next to tank-class beta (seriously, does someone sell tank-class plushies?).
You mean destroyer class plushies right?

They are produced by the Hives on a case by case basis, as needed.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-07-30 at 01:49.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:09   Link #51
Nyat

@Angrypokstick
Yes, it looked like the whole deal was approved, but this makes this whole event even more ridiculous. One mistake made by Takamura and we would have a funeral.
@grevierr
No.
While the idea came from that destroyer class plushie article from the wiki, I'm thinking about tank-class plushie (which probably doesn't exist). Tank-class is my favorite BETA strain.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:12   Link #52
Enternal

Quote:
What? Yui does have the skills. It's not like "oh, you're born in the right family that means you can ALL use these ultra high performance TSF". It's more like "oh, you're born in the right family AND you have high skills so you can ALL use these high performance TSF".
Old 2012-07-30, 02:13   Link #53
LystAP

Quote:

You have to embrace the annoy...delicious side. Tarisa is a 100% delicious flat-chested cutie.
I highly doubt Tarisa is going to be eaten anytime soon. You don't just let those kind of people die in Muv Luv, you let them live after killing everyone they care about and crushing their dreams utterly after a brief hope spot.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:18   Link #54
Enternal

Quote:
@Angrypokstick
Yes, it looked like the whole deal was approved, but this makes this whole event even more ridiculous. One mistake made by Takamura and we would have a funeral.
I'm actually glad that they did the sink or swim method. Otherwise... we're going to continue to have a "YUUYA'S AN ASS AND YUI'S A BITCH" discussion that goes on until the end of time.

Also, she tried to get Yuuya to understand over and over again but it keep failing so although this method was really risky, it actually worked. Also true that one mistake could be a problem but at the same time, I think they were trying to show that she's really skilled enough to not hurt them. Kind of like how extremely skilled people are able to subdue an opponent without hurting them while the "normal" people ends up hurting the opponent until they can't hurt you. Lol.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:27   Link #55
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@Angrypokstick
True enough. Regardless of her "good" intentions regarding Yuuya, putting the life of another test pilot at unnecessary risk was taking it too far. Yui may have the skills and purposely skewered the Active Eagle without hitting the cockpit block, but that was still a perilous situation where a slight mistake could've ended Tarisa's life. Not to mention it was an issue between her and Yuuya only....

Quote:
What? Yui does have the skills. It's not like "oh, you're born in the right family that means you can ALL use these ultra high performance TSF". It's more like "oh, you're born in the right family AND you have high skills so you can ALL use these high performance TSF".
I don't think Nyat was referring to Yui specifically, but the system itself. There are exceptional pilots within the Imperial Army that deserves better machines, but they are limited to the Type-94 and below due to their heritage. Sometimes, they deserve the exclusive units more than those of the upper social class.

Quote:
we're going to continue to have a "YUUYA'S AN ASS AND YUI'S A BITCH" discussion that goes on until the end of time.
Oh, c'mon. It's thanks to that discussion we got a sub-forum. haha.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-30 at 02:56.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:53   Link #56
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
True enough. Regardless of her "good" intentions regarding Yuuya, putting the life of another test pilot at unnecessary risk was taking it too far. Yui may have the skills and purposely skewered the Active Eagle without hitting the cockpit block, but that was still a perilous situation where a slight mistake could've ended Tarisa's life. Not to mention it was an issue between her and Yuuya only....

I don't think Nyat was referring to Yui specifically, but the system itself. There are exceptional pilots within the Imperial Army that deserves better machines, but they are limited to the Type-94 and below due to their heritage. Sometimes, they deserve the exclusive units more than those of the upper social class.

Oh, c'mon. It's thanks to that discussion we got a sub-forum. haha.
At the same time, it did make her look a bit badass? "Come here you little asses. Let me show you who is boss!" Just really amazed how easily she took down Taria. What sort of shocked me was how she used the sword to knock down the other two... it seems she hit them with the sharp edge but other units look fine?

Ah I see what he means now. Then I agree.

Oh! I completely forgot that we got a sub-forum because of that. I'm curious to what the moderators thought when they start to see the amount of posts started going up like crazy!
Old 2012-07-30, 03:12   Link #57
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Ep 5 plot is all about one thing.

ORE WA SHIRANUI!!!

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:33   Link #58
Destined_Fate

Yui trashed them pretty hard and if she was out to win she would have easily. Glad that instead she was just there to reach Yuuya a lesson and to get him to finally start focusing on learning to use the TSF.

Tarisa seems to be the target of a lot of fan service. Is it because of the power of moe/tsundere?
Old 2012-07-30, 04:39   Link #59
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yui trashed them pretty hard and if she was out to win she would have easily. Glad that instead she was just there to reach Yuuya a lesson and to get him to finally start focusing on learning to use the TSF.

Tarisa seems to be the target of a lot of fan service. Is it because of the power of moe/tsundere?
Would Yuuya be a Soldier-Warrior now?
Old 2012-07-30, 04:42   Link #60
Destined_Fate

No, Yuuya still has much to learn before he can embrace his Warrior Spirit!
Closed Thread