AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-06, 15:54   Link #1
Nameless

Something to hold me out til Filler's over :P Any tips?

I've checked first and second page threads that might have suggestions that could help me with this.

I'll try my own thread. Currently on my watch list:

Naruto, Bleach, Fate Stay/Night, One Piece

The thing is, Bleach and Naruto are in filler. Fate Stay/Night takes a week for an episode to come out and I'm already watching as much One Piece as I can.

I want something else, but:

I don't like Berserk, Samurai Champloo or InuYasha. I dont like romantic anime either... Like at all. I hate them with a passion cuz the male characters in them NEVER get the girl they want and they're too ignorant to be main characters. I watched Love Hina and wanted to kill myself.

I'm looking for something action based, preferably recent. Not really into sports anime, it's just not my niche.

I also didn't like Airmaster.

I appreciate any suggestions
Old 2006-05-06, 16:22   Link #2
jedinat

Try Trigun or Rurouni Kenshin.

Those are a couple of my favorites... but they've both got a similar theme where the main character doesn't want to kill. Dunno if that might bother you. The protagonist in each of them are two of my favorite anime characters, though.

Hellsing would be a nice change of pace from those two. Lots of bloody goodness (err, badness).

I'll also have to recommend Juuni Kokuki, which I seem to be recommending in every thread
It's just too good.
Old 2006-05-06, 16:23   Link #3
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

My faves that spring to mind are-
Full Metal Alchemist-Mostly Serious with amazing plot and action
Hunter x Hunter- how to describe it? very entertaining but not recent
Initial D-Racing, really cool racing but not recent
Old 2006-05-06, 16:33   Link #4
Nameless

I've seen all of those except Juuni Kokuki

Maybe I'll check that out.

I'm old school. I've seen it all... Initial D, Hajime No Ippo, Tenjou Tenge, Rorouni Kenshin, Samurai X, DragonBall entire series (didn't like GT or the long drawn battles in Z), Lotoss Wars, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam, Evangilion... What haven't I seen lol... That's what I"m trying to figure out.
Old 2006-05-06, 16:39   Link #5
jedinat

Ahh, I see what you mean by recent.

Check out these:
Blood+ - really awesome, the recent episodes just keep getting better and better
Black Lagoon - only a couple episodes so far. the gun weilding girl is awesome. and i love her seiyuu
Witchblade - only first episode out so far, but i'm more excited about this anime right now than any other. i love transforming killer girls
Juuousei - three episodes out. really, really looking good so far
Utawarerumono - this one looks like it may turn out interesting. and the girls have tails and cat ears... always a plus
Old 2006-05-06, 21:11   Link #6
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
watch GTO

there is so many good animes that are listed above already that i don't even need to name. that'll give you enough time till fillers are over i hope. cuz ontop of that don't you have work too?! like school work or work in general?!
Old 2006-05-06, 23:25   Link #7
domino
デレデレ

Go for the recent shounen stuff: Air Gear and Gintama. It'll fit right in with your Shonen Jump diet.

Gintama is from Shonen Jump itself, and makes frequent references to Shonen Jump and other Jump titles (in episode 1 the main character complains because he can't do a Bankai...)

And I wouldn't call Love Hina a romance anime. There's a biiig difference between romance and harem... sample a real romance. :P Harem shows always have the cliche lame main male character who never gets anywhere...
Old 2006-05-07, 10:38   Link #8
Isamu Daisen

If you want action check out this.

Black Cat
Tsubasa Chronicle
Hunter x Hunter - the best!
Full Metal Panic
Old 2006-05-07, 10:42   Link #9
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
I've checked first and second page threads that might have suggestions that could help me with this.

I'll try my own thread. Currently on my watch list:

Naruto, Bleach, Fate Stay/Night, One Piece

The thing is, Bleach and Naruto are in filler. Fate Stay/Night takes a week for an episode to come out and I'm already watching as much One Piece as I can.

I want something else, but:

I don't like Berserk, Samurai Champloo or InuYasha. I dont like romantic anime either... Like at all. I hate them with a passion cuz the male characters in them NEVER get the girl they want and they're too ignorant to be main characters. I watched Love Hina and wanted to kill myself.

I'm looking for something action based, preferably recent. Not really into sports anime, it's just not my niche.

I also didn't like Airmaster.

I appreciate any suggestions
shaman king is good
its story is all action based (ie no story lol)
Old 2006-05-07, 11:51   Link #10
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If recent anime is count .. then

Series that already end
a) Black Cat
b) Shakugan no Shana
c) Mai Hime and Mai Otome
d) .. Rozen Maiden? (really.. its a good .. no scratch that really good story in it... Just dont let it fools you because its a doll story >.<

Current running
Jedinat have said listed 3 action anime currently in infant stage (less then 5 episodes aired)
a) Black Lagoon .. really, really nice... And Revi seiryuu actually played as Mirilia in Gundam Seed/S Destiny .. really really different personality unless you look up her CV .. And Talia seiryuu is here as well ^^
b) Utawarerumono. Fox girls .. =3
c) WitchBlade .. ep 1 not dissappointing at all.... Still waiting for ep 2 >.<
and I'll add another one
d) Kiba ... A bit pokemon like (summon something to fight for you ) but definitely a keeper as far as up to episode 5 is concerned

e) Air gear is air skating.. but you not really into sport anime so not gonna advice to you ...
f) Ray the Animation is also nice ... but it lack of any real action but the story is quite nice for the earlier phases ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Closed Thread