AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-24, 20:18   Link #1
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Itachi's goal [Manga]

J was wandering what is itachi's goal. I mean he has already reached MS

what does he want. does he still want to test his capacity. if so why doesn't he kill everyone in akatsuki

why he should try to kill everyone

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 20:21   Link #2
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

We know that the Akatsuki leader's ultimate goal is (surprise surprise) world domination and that the bijuu are being collected as weapons to help them monopolize on war.

If Itachi is a true follower then this is also his goal. If he has an ulterior motive then we don't know it yet.
Old 2007-03-24, 20:33   Link #3
Rahan

Itachi's goal is most likely linked to the "true purpose of the Uchiha" written on the Uchiha scrolls.

Sasuke seemed to be carried away by the Uchiha leetness when he fought Orochimaru, so his new objectives (the ones he needs Oro's pets for) may actually be the same.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 20:53   Link #4
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Itachi's goal is most likely linked to the "true purpose of the Uchiha" written on the Uchiha scrolls.

Sasuke seemed to be carried away by the Uchiha leetness when he fought Orochimaru, so his new objectives (the ones he needs Oro's pets for) may actually be the same.
OOOOOHH theory!! no wonder he was smiling, Sasuke loves when a plan comes together

btw...I doubt Itachi wants world domination, he doesn't seem like the type
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 21:21   Link #5
Syndicate
Banned

I have been wondering wat that guys purpose is too for a longer time

Only thing i can do is draw some conclusions, I think
- Itachi is the type to only follow those who is stronger then him thus he he will be loyal if the person above him is stronger. Or there would be no sense in killing his family and clan

- Itachi has a secret goal within akatsuki(like oro) a tail demon which could take away his weaknesses. reason for him to work with akatsuki

- those rings they have a meaning and he wants some authority

- some hidden secret within uchiha which needs to be completed reason why he let sasuke live. dunno why since he almost like kills sasuke at times lol

but i have no idea what goes on in that dude mind

Last edited by Syndicate; 2007-03-24 at 21:47.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 21:39   Link #6
sx3
0 Gundam

it'd be interesting if itachi ended up fighting his own akatsuki to test out his skill i'd love to see that honestly
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 21:57   Link #7
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

This is what we know about Itachi's personality and ambitions.

- He does only as much as he deems necessary. (e.g. It was necessary to kill the clan; but he seems to not kill people like Asuma and Kurenai unless he needs to).

- His father doted on him and stressed that he had to become a good connection between the clan and the village

- He came to detest the clan as he felt its goals were holding him down

- He obtained a level beyond that of an normal Uchiha (Mangekyo Sharingan)

- He spared his brother to provide himself with a potential rival

- He put value in Sharingan's "True Purpose" which he revealed to Sasuke to further encourage him along the path of vengeance.

For such an independent figure it is interesting that he would follow an ORG like Akatsuki and take orders.

I suspect that he is using them because their goals are similar to his own (i.e. He may have use for the bijuu).

Has anyone else noticed that Akatsuki members seem bothered when someone takes the bijuu they were assigned to?

Sasori was discouraged when Deidara went after Naruto reminding him that the agreement is one bijuu per member.

Itachi seemed bothered by the idea of Sasori bringing back Naruto as if he had a claim to him and Sasori even taunted him over this.

The leader even demanded that Itachi tell Sasori and Deidara who the jinchurikii was.

I found that seen to be intruiguing.

I don't know if it is a novelty for each member to acquire a single bijuu or if there is a special reward for the one the acquire.

Actually this topic reveals how little we still know about how Akatsuki operates.

Kishimoto really needs to get on the stick about focusing on their goals.
Old 2007-03-24, 22:18   Link #8
Syndicate
Banned

yeah its like they all have an own agenda.

I mean WHY would the MAIN villains suddenly all want to work with each other unless they have a purpose there not the buddy buddy types like naruto dont-leave-yside-type.

oro was only in akatsuki to get itachi's sharingan. I geuss the AL would have to promise alot in order for the group to function. Its like in kenshin with shisio(forgot the name) and his group
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 22:59   Link #9
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Itachi wants to find out the truth and origin of his clan. That is why he constantly tests his strength. He wants to become what caused the start of his clan.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 08:09   Link #10
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
Itachi wants to find out the truth and origin of his clan. That is why he constantly tests his strength. He wants to become what caused the start of his clan.
I don't think he cares about the clan. He killed them after all.

He is obsessed with his own power. He has decided to make himself the sole inheritor of the Uchiha's abilities which would then become his abilities alone, but he spared his brother so that he could have a rival to test that power.

Whatever secrets the Uchiha have I think he already knows them. The Uchiha had a periodic, secret meeting place that his father had introduced him to after joining ANBU.

He revealed those secrets to Sasuke telling him how to learn about the "true purpose of Sharingan".

Whatever that purpose is I think it will become a prominent part of the story in the future.

Sasuke's ego trip against Orochimaru suggests that the Uchiha are super beings. He told him that in "the world" he is a genius but he barely passes as average next to the power of an Uchiha.

Kishi is giving Sharingan all of these incredible new abilities so it is clear that whatever Itachi's true goals are it will have something to do with Sharingan's power.
Old 2007-03-25, 09:09   Link #11
shankss
CP10

He has something in his mind using everyone on his way to make it real.Im sure Sasuke,Akatsuki,entire biju collection including naruto's kyuubi are all pawns to reach his goal.World domination and itachi? naah im sure that itachi will easily kill the akatsuki leader when all biju's are at akatsuki's hands.Itachi is more like the real villain of series...theres many things hidden with uchiha clan's secret...but that "measuring my capacity" is just a big obvious lie to make sasuke go rampage...He probably told him that to make him even more enraged, like if your brother pops out saying "im not even caring for my father and mother...and i really enjoyed while cutting their throats"..youll hate him even more rather than just for simple revenge, thinking he was acted all the time and how he betrayed everything you respected... its so obvious that he's forcing sasuke out to become a monster.

Anyway my predictions :
1)He may be using akatsuki to gather entire biju's and he will kill them all when its time to gather bijus for himself,

2)He may be trying what uchiha madara was trying to achieve..maybe origins of his clan? or something like creating the ultimate biju? As we know Uchiha Madara was already in contact with the strongest biju, respected by kyuubi to being same level as him...Being the strongest is not a true goal for itachi, hes already at that point.But he can try to become a godlike thing with the help of bijus, or simply becoming one uncontrollable demon himself,

3)He may just trying to make his great clan change to legendary status.By giving sacrifices, he may has a plan to end everything.There may be some other hidden uchihas still living out there, waiting for the chosen one dark chakra gifted Sasuke to appear, combining him with other bijus or something....Uchiha Madara,Uchiha Shisui,Uchiha Obito may be still living with fake names hiding their own identity, im talking about a akatsuki like organization simply based on uchiha's, who chose itachi to take care of things and show sasuke the way to power while others patiently waiting at somewhere.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 12:55   Link #12
majin_vegeta

Itachi's goal is to be the world's strongest. Once he eats from the tree of might, he'll destroy all that is before him. The dead fruit will push him to ssj level 5 and all will bow before his mighty sharingan power.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 19:21   Link #13
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
all hail indeed

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 21:05   Link #14
Zek
Eyebrows...

I'm reminded of the comment by Sasuke's mom that Itachi grew up in a different era, i.e. during the major wars. Maybe his mentality is still stuck in that time, and he's dissatisfied with the peacetime, so he works with Akatsuki because they're trying to bring back the warfare?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 22:16   Link #15
SpiRo
Banned

What if he dont have any goal, he is just crazy .. do what he want and stuff.. becouse that is his whim ..
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 22:30   Link #16
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
I'm reminded of the comment by Sasuke's mom that Itachi grew up in a different era, i.e. during the major wars. Maybe his mentality is still stuck in that time, and he's dissatisfied with the peacetime, so he works with Akatsuki because they're trying to bring back the warfare?
There's only a 5-year difference between Sasuke and Itachi. I doubt Itachi experienced any wars firsthand. But it is possible that Itachi wants to throw the world back into a state of perpetual warfare. He only seems to be interested in gaining power and then testing that power against a worthy opponent. War always brings out the strongest.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 22:49   Link #17
Nasuke

Send a message via AIM to Nasuke
They say Itachi eyes look sad so what if he wants sasuke 2 get stronger 2 kill him and in order for sasuke 2 do that he'll have 2 push his power pas the limit which might make him stronger than the AL
Nasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 23:26   Link #18
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
I think that was Kakashi who was said to be an elite genius because he grew up in a war time era.

Their mom told Sasuke that Itachi was "special" in the sense that he was more than a genius.

He was a true prodigy.

She was trying to explain to Sasuke that he should not feel bad because he was not progressing as quickly as his brother.
Old 2007-03-26, 01:38   Link #19
amOKchen
duel me

Itchi is lazy, but just like Hinata he is trying to change himself in his own way. Which leads to him doing wild things like killing his clan and joining orginasations where he get to walk a lot.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 02:22   Link #20
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Much as it pains me to say it, maybe he's trying to go the "The Next Level." You have Sharingan, you have Mangekyo Sharingan...maybe he's trying to find the next step? Shaolin-Monkey-Claw-Muey-Mu-Gu-Gai-Pan Sharingan, or whatever wacky name they give it. Although I don't know how they will top themselves...seeing as how Sharingan can find the end of Pi and MS can stretch diamonds back into coal.

Or maybe, just maybe...Itachi is insane. Maybe he's just completely psychotic...maybe the only reason he does anything is because that's what makes sense to him. Why kill his family? He wanted to test his power and it seemed like a perfectly reasonable way to do it. Why not kill Sasuke? Because he didn't want to. Why send Sasuke on a quest to kill him? Eh...seemed like a good idea at the time. Join Akatsuki? Well, he likes power...and occassionally killing stuff...seems like as good a place as any. I know it's a bit simplistic...but still it's no worse than any number of other guesses.

I just really hope it's not that stupid Tengu theory...
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote