AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-22, 20:52   Link #1581
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

I just picked this up because I didnt want to study for my upcoming exams... and...

Its good! Unexpectedly good! I dont really like some of the character designs... but overall, !!!!!!

I just finished episode 7, and im already that theres only 5 more episodes to go.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 10:11   Link #1582
hai_san

can someone tell me the name/track of the BGM of ep 11 when Chihiro and Renji break up and she throws the letters of her diary away? i dl the original Soundtrack ~espressivo~ but cant find the track... someone help me please?
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 10:56   Link #1583
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
can someone tell me the name/track of the BGM of ep 11 when Chihiro and Renji break up and she throws the letters of her diary away? i dl the original Soundtrack ~espressivo~ but cant find the track... someone help me please?
Go back a page and you'll find out why, though i may as well tell you.

The first soundtrack features tracks from the first 4/5 episodes, where the second soundtrack that will be released in April will feature the rest of the score from later episodes.
Old 2008-02-27, 11:35   Link #1584
hai_san

thx very much
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 05:58   Link #1585
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

watched all episodes in a row :s
no clue about yuu and yuuko..
Eyepatches are cute
How come everybody suddenly have sex. especially the girl with the mind of a 12 year old and the 14/15year old guy. I'm used to anime where they are all shy about doing that stuff
Stalker Telephone scene in ep 7... wow
Lover telephone scene later ep with the countdown from 100 nice.
I can be wrong but the film-guy sometimes really felt like best friend kimi ga nozomu eien especially when the purple haired girl got ditched by main guy and got a bit closer to film guy.

Did chihiro didn't get cured in the end right? i mean i saw links breaking but that could have been something else like being prepared to love again? :S

and i wanted to see the awfull cooking incident XD
Old 2008-03-01, 09:19   Link #1586
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
watched all episodes in a row :s
no clue about yuu and yuuko..
Eyepatches are cute
How come everybody suddenly have sex. especially the girl with the mind of a 12 year old and the 14/15year old guy. I'm used to anime where they are all shy about doing that stuff
Stalker Telephone scene in ep 7... wow
Lover telephone scene later ep with the countdown from 100 nice.
I can be wrong but the film-guy sometimes really felt like best friend kimi ga nozomu eien especially when the purple haired girl got ditched by main guy and got a bit closer to film guy.

Did chihiro didn't get cured in the end right? i mean i saw links breaking but that could have been something else like being prepared to love again? :S

and i wanted to see the awfull cooking incident XD

-No clue about Yuu and Yuuko either. From what I see (have not played the game), theres definitely something supernatural about them (the fact that they never meet even though they wait at the same spot, and the significance of the key to the rooftop of the school), but really I dont know.

-Eyepatches are a cruel reminder of a horrible accident...

-Well, as the girl said, since it was their last day together... (at least thats how she planned it)

-<3 both telephone scenes too.

-No comment on Kyousuke, he is a supporting character that is not that useful to the plot imo.

-Chihiro did not get cured. There is no cure for her problem. However, she did manage to overcome her fate of being at most 12 years and 13 hours mentally, because her love for Renji made her think about him constantly, that the memory of him did not have a chance to be lost. Their love will still be hard, (what if Chihiro slept for more than 13 hours?), but at least now they have HOPE, where before there was none, symbolized by the chain breaking.

-I wanna taste Keis cooking, it cant be that bad! <3
Old 2008-03-01, 09:46   Link #1587
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
I wanna taste Keis cooking, it cant be that bad! <3
Yes it can, we've seen the outcome.
Old 2008-03-01, 12:56   Link #1588
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

in the game Kyousuke is a main character of one of the parts. i believe his main purpose is to get with Kei.

the heroine for the first arc i think is Yuu and Yuko. if there's an english translation for the game, i'll get my friend to play it and see whats up.. haha

so yeah, best song on the OST: Euphoric Night
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 14:33   Link #1589
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
in the game Kyousuke is a main character of one of the parts. i believe his main purpose is to get with Kei.

the heroine for the first arc i think is Yuu and Yuko. if there's an english translation for the game, i'll get my friend to play it and see whats up.. haha

so yeah, best song on the OST: Euphoric Night
Yup, but I was talking about in the context of the anime.
Old 2008-03-01, 19:25   Link #1590
DanielSong39

Kei's blond friend is a good cook, however. I suppose there's a limit to how much a person can learn...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 09:13   Link #1591
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
-No clue about Yuu and Yuuko either. From what I see (have not played the game), theres definitely something supernatural about them (the fact that they never meet even though they wait at the same spot, and the significance of the key to the rooftop of the school), but really I dont know.

-Eyepatches are a cruel reminder of a horrible accident...

-Well, as the girl said, since it was their last day together... (at least thats how she planned it)

-<3 both telephone scenes too.

-No comment on Kyousuke, he is a supporting character that is not that useful to the plot imo.

-Chihiro did not get cured. There is no cure for her problem. However, she did manage to overcome her fate of being at most 12 years and 13 hours mentally, because her love for Renji made her think about him constantly, that the memory of him did not have a chance to be lost. Their love will still be hard, (what if Chihiro slept for more than 13 hours?), but at least now they have HOPE, where before there was none, symbolized by the chain breaking.

-I wanna taste Keis cooking, it cant be that bad! <3
-i prefer aproaching eye patches positively they were hot really ^_^

- Well it was already known she could remember 1 or 2 things if it was important. Like the diary to look in it every day. she said so in one of the earlier eps as well.

The chain was the chain that kept the sheep in the lawn right forcing it to stay in that circle without the chain she'd be able to remember stuff outside of the patch of grass.
However it would be a bit miraculous that by love she could overcome such a strange and horrible afliction
Old 2008-03-06, 10:10   Link #1592
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
However it would be a bit miraculous that by love she could overcome such a strange and horrible afliction
I dont think this anime tries to be really "realistic". The theme of memories that you do not want to forget, and chasing down your dreams, are both ideals imo. The direction, the artstyle, all serve to give impact, but some scenes are not that realistic. Consider the paper throwing on the roof, one throw and the papers fly all around so beautifully? Consider the paper airplane in the last episode, could renji realistically run down the stairs, and follow the airplane in flight, and catch it as it falls? Each scene is miraculous in that sense. Consider again the emotions imparted during each scene, the feeling of hopelessness versus the feeling of hope. And the wish for a miracle from that glimmer of hope. Can pure love overcome such huge and seemingly insurmountable obstacles? The audience wishes to believe. And at the end, during the epilogue, we once again explore the theme of dreams and memories, and we leave with the feeling that as long as one has a dream and chases after it, one will succeed; as long as one holds precious memories and cherishes them, one will find the motivation to live. Is the theme realistic? I think its an ideal, but I like it anyway.

Sorry for being incoherent, im not very good at expressing my thoughts. Hopefully I make at least -some- sense.
Old 2008-03-06, 14:47   Link #1593
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I dont think this anime tries to be really "realistic". The theme of memories that you do not want to forget, and chasing down your dreams, are both ideals imo. The direction, the artstyle, all serve to give impact, but some scenes are not that realistic. Consider the paper throwing on the roof, one throw and the papers fly all around so beautifully? Consider the paper airplane in the last episode, could renji realistically run down the stairs, and follow the airplane in flight, and catch it as it falls? Each scene is miraculous in that sense. Consider again the emotions imparted during each scene, the feeling of hopelessness versus the feeling of hope. And the wish for a miracle from that glimmer of hope. Can pure love overcome such huge and seemingly insurmountable obstacles? The audience wishes to believe. And at the end, during the epilogue, we once again explore the theme of dreams and memories, and we leave with the feeling that as long as one has a dream and chases after it, one will succeed; as long as one holds precious memories and cherishes them, one will find the motivation to live. Is the theme realistic? I think its an ideal, but I like it anyway.

Sorry for being incoherent, im not very good at expressing my thoughts. Hopefully I make at least -some- sense.
You make a lot of sense to me. I think this is not a "realistic" show but maybe even a spiritual one. In fact, I think it's usually a mistake to expect realism in anime. I usually think anime is better at fantasy and live action better at realism. But everybody responds in their own way.

I agree with both you and outcast_within about the eyepatch. Yes, it's an awful reminder of her terrible accident. But it's also totally hot. I didn't really get the hotness of the eyepatch until Chihiro. And then, a couple of months ago, Hirano Aya had conjunctivitis:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 14:54   Link #1594
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
It makes perfect sense to me too, and I agree. The show wasn't necessarily trying to be realistic since it was focused on delivering a message (and a generally uplifting one at that). That being said, it's neither so idealistic/romantic that "the power of love" caused everything to right itself auto-magically. Chihiro still has her condition, and Kei still has to come to terms with a love lost.

And to further the specific point, though, I agree that Chihiro was not magically cured from her physical condition, but she was sort of cured "symbolically" by accepting her relationship with Renji -- that she couldn't make herself forget it, and so it was "more real" than just another memory that could be disgarded. That's why she felt that she was no longer a prisoner to her condition, and the chain broke. At least, that's certainly my interpretation.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 19:44   Link #1595
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That's why she felt that she was no longer a prisoner to her condition, and the chain broke. At least, that's certainly my interpretation.
About my miracle comment i made it because i think there was this scene where the guardian talked to the mr doggyhair, and said no way is it possible that she could recover from her illness that would take a miracle and they do not happen as convenient (i think maybe it was around the rememembering the sandcastle part)

So it's hard to believe in a miracle when the show gave me a feeling like this miracle wouldn't take place.

so i'd go with the quote about the broken chain.
Hope she writes it down before she forgets.

.... :3
Old 2008-03-06, 20:09   Link #1596
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
And to further the specific point, though, I agree that Chihiro was not magically cured from her physical condition, but she was sort of cured "symbolically" by accepting her relationship with Renji -- that she couldn't make herself forget it, and so it was "more real" than just another memory that could be disgarded. That's why she felt that she was no longer a prisoner to her condition, and the chain broke. At least, that's certainly my interpretation.
Yup thats what I think too!

As for eyepatches. I never found Chihiro's eyepatch to be hot. Never. But Aya..

:3

*goes to find a larger pic*
Old 2008-03-07, 02:40   Link #1597
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great post by relentlessflame. That sounds exactly right. No cure, no miracle, but the power of acceptance and relationship. In my own opinion, good fantasy is often more real than what we normally think of as reality.

Quote:
...*goes to find a larger pic*
From Hirano Aya's diary for New Year's Eve. Click thumbnail for full size. She says it makes her look like Garnet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 19:09   Link #1598
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Out of curiosity, does anyone know which volumes of the Japanese DVDs has the non-credit ED sequence of Chihiro or even the non-credit OP sequence? Or has those not been released yet?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 21:48   Link #1599
spudman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone know which volumes of the Japanese DVDs has the non-credit ED sequence of Chihiro or even the non-credit OP sequence? Or has those not been released yet?
I've not yet seen the clean OP, but the current non-credit sequences are:
Prologue : Prologue
Vol 1: (none)
Vol 2: Kei (Ep 3, 4)
Vol 3: Chihiro (Ep 5, 6)
Vol 4: Miyako (Ep 1, 7)
spudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 05:58   Link #1600
alimpiiskiymishka

[link fixed by a moderator]
alimpiiskiymishka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags