AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-11, 15:25   Link #141
Peppermint
Mentha x piperita
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Peppermint Send a message via AIM to Peppermint Send a message via MSN to Peppermint
Maaan i want Eibon to appear more than just in one panel per chapter Q___Q
I really want to know more about him *bawls*
Old 2008-12-20, 20:47   Link #142
3point5

whats the name of Sid's buki, the dagger ? Ive only seen her in one episode but she looks badasss !!
Old 2008-12-20, 20:49   Link #143
3point5

is kurona a guy or a girl ? I thought s/he was a guy for the longest time, but after watching episode 20 medusa-sama refers to "her"

does Ragnarok's screech gamma / alpha remind anyone else of the Rolling Stones lips logo ? lol, makes me think of it everytime... also that old skateboard company logo with a hand with a mouth screaming.
Old 2008-12-20, 21:22   Link #144
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
is kurona a guy or a girl ? I thought s/he was a guy for the longest time, but after watching episode 20 medusa-sama refers to "her"
Crona's gender is unknown. In Japanese they never use any gender specific pronouns and it's not listed in any stat page or anything. Any gender specific pronouns you see are translator errors.
Old 2008-12-21, 07:09   Link #145
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
whats the name of Sid's buki, the dagger ? Ive only seen her in one episode but she looks badasss !!
Sid's Weapon is named Mira Nygus.
Old 2009-01-06, 19:29   Link #146
dantman
Daniel Friesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Crona's gender is unknown. In Japanese they never use any gender specific pronouns and it's not listed in any stat page or anything. Any gender specific pronouns you see are translator errors.
I wouldn't say error, rather opinion. Translator sees the word and interprets the word with a gender according to their own opinion of Crona's gender and decides to go and mistranslate it in their translation.
Old 2009-04-11, 00:10   Link #147
NickelXenon

Has anyone read Chapter 60? That pose Chrona makes...now I think Chrona is a girl! I used to think it was a guy...
Old 2009-04-11, 06:57   Link #148
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
Has anyone read Chapter 60? That pose Chrona makes...now I think Chrona is a girl! I used to think it was a guy...
I agree. Now I'm pretty sure Crona's a girl. I doubt a guy would make such a pose.
Old 2009-04-11, 10:07   Link #149
NickelXenon

Unless the mangaka is trying to confuse us. I didn't really see a chest...but then again...I've never seen Chrona look so femanine
Old 2009-04-11, 16:17   Link #150
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
well Chrona has always been exceedingly feminine, and while he/she does look a lot like a chick there, im reserving judgement until the author and/or character says outright that he/she is indeed male or female.
Old 2009-04-11, 20:11   Link #151
NickelXenon

That's a wise move. It could be another trick.
Old 2009-04-12, 02:55   Link #152
Haladflire65
*Artist

Probably, sometime later, Ohkubo would draw Crona looking completely like a boy. Just to drive us crazy.
Old 2009-04-13, 12:39   Link #153
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

I would have never imagined an animal could be a technician. It's really cool, actually. Someone on another form suggested that maybe Enrique had simply been turned into one, but I think him being an actual monkey and having always been a monkey would be better...

My personal opinion on the Chrona gender argument is that Chrona was female at birth but had any feminine organs removed by Medusa. Can't have your Kishin wanting a child now... or bleeding out its weapon every month eh?
Old 2009-04-13, 14:10   Link #154
NickelXenon

Oh! You know what no one's mentioned...Chrona could be both female and male! Maybe he looks female on the outside but is male on the inside or vice versa. That would also prevent periods and Chrona wouldn't be able to have children. It could also be that Medusa prevented Chrona from getting certain hormones to stop puberty if Chrona was a girl and Medusa didn't want him/her to have children.
Old 2009-04-14, 05:48   Link #155
Hisago

That reminds me of the Schrodinger's box theory. Until we see concrete proof, Chrona is both male and female.

I guess it would be the Schrodinger's blanket theory in this case... whatever that thing is Chrona's using to cover itself.
Old 2009-04-14, 08:08   Link #156
NickelXenon

Ragnarok seems to be touching Chrona rather intimately too in that picture...
Old 2009-04-15, 21:41   Link #157
deadlatios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post
well Chrona has always been exceedingly feminine, and while he/she does look a lot like a chick there, im reserving judgement until the author and/or character says outright that he/she is indeed male or female.
I agree...I always though Chrona was a guy..before this...Now..I don't really know anymore~...I hope eventually it's a guy though~
Old 2009-04-19, 13:10   Link #158
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
A bit strange, isnt it? Crona looks too sexy, what happened to her? xD
Old 2009-04-20, 13:57   Link #159
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From Crona's flashbacks, I deduct it's a female, going by the dark dress with frills...ah, also, when Ragnarok was teasing Crona he was pulling up Crona's dress:P
Old 2009-04-20, 15:07   Link #160
Hisago

Evil makes you sexy?

Also, I don't think the dress has much to do with it. When Medusa's your mom, you wear whatever the heck she wants you to wear. Also I can't think of many guys who would want someone pantsing them, let alone someone as shy as Chrona.
Closed Thread