AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2006-02-07, 18:20   Link #1
NeoSam

true tears (old generic discussion thread)

Broadcast: Winter 2008

Its based on a bishoujo game.

Site of the game: http://lacryma.info/ (its the site of the company)

The game will be released on 31/3/2006

There are two versions of the game; the regular edition and the limited edition, both of them will be released on the same date 31/3/2006.

Nothing objectionable in the following links:

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=222545 (limited edition)
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=222565 (regular edition)

Very very moe~ >.<

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-08-18 at 08:33.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 19:01   Link #2
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Nothing objectionable in the following links:
Except for thew ad banners (getchu changes them frequently based on whichever companies are their top sponsors at the time or whatever ones are releasing to-watch-for titles) but not that I mind. They're all so cute

As for the translation, I can't read japanese (only understand the spoken stuff in certain situations) but I'd wager that the game goes off a points system. Many "timed" dating sims (where you have so many time points to visit the locations on a map) employ this method. The most famous is likely the Sakura Taisen games, only I think this is in reverse. Basically, it's not much different than any normal dating sim. It just means that you'll likely be able to see their progress (forward or backward) whereas in most dating sims it's hidden.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 21:22   Link #3
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I have never heard of this one the art is adorable ^-^ I'll check it out for sure!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 22:15   Link #4
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Very cute indeed. One thing though: is that just the girl's hairstyle? Or is she Neko/ Kitsune style? Kinda looks like your traditional foxgirl from that pic, but probably just the funky hair style
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 22:27   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

An anime based on a game that won't even be out until the end of next month? Seems a bit premature to announce it. Though given how cute the characters are, I'd say it'll likely be fairly popular. I'll be looking foward to it.
Old 2006-02-08, 01:38   Link #6
NeoSam

There's something weird happening here >.<

The anime is listed to begin in 2006 on MoonPhase anime list, but on the front page there's news about it, and it says the animation is scheduled for Spring 2007 thats too far away

News about the anime is here (plus more pictures from the game):
http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/art...8/news007.html

This is what it says: (from MoonPhase)

Quote:
ブロッコリー×サーカスが挑む、王道純愛アドベンチャー「true tears」はここから始まる――発表会。
http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/art...8/news007.html
TVアニメは2007年春予定らしい。
Translation (crappy translation):

Quote:
The royal road true love adventure "true tears" to which broccoli x circus challenges begins from here. -- It is an exhibition. http: Seemingly //plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0602/08/news007.htmlTV animation will be a schedule in spring of 2007.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-02-08 at 02:34.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 02:02   Link #7
rale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Very cute indeed. One thing though: is that just the girl's hairstyle? Or is she Neko/ Kitsune style? Kinda looks like your traditional foxgirl from that pic, but probably just the funky hair style
Just the hair style, she looks a bit more normal in some of the other pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
An anime based on a game that won't even be out until the end of next month? Seems a bit premature to announce it. Though given how cute the characters are, I'd say it'll likely be fairly popular. I'll be looking foward to it.
The character designer is Rei Izumi, who did the art for the ".Hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet" manga, and "Kanon & Air スカイ".

I'm guessing it also has a lot to do with who's behind the game. It's a collaboration between Broccoli (Galaxy Angel, etc), Circus (Da Capo), and GameCRAB (True Love Story: Summer Days, and yet...).

From the story description, it looks to be another school romance, and of course, all the girls have some sort of darkness in their hearts that the protagonist has to unravel.

It's also worth noting that the game is all-ages, not an ero-game. I wonder how often it will end up being called an 'h-game anime' when the discussion picks up later in the year... (edit: make that next year...).

It appears theres also a manga version of true tears being serialized in Broccoli's magazine, Comi-Digi.
rale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 02:36   Link #8
NeoSam

Wow, thanks rale for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by rale
It appears theres also a manga version of true tears being serialized in Broccoli's magazine, Comi-Digi.
Also worth noting that Comi-Digi is a new seinen(young men's) manga magazine.

It has cute moe~ manga for young men.
Old 2006-02-08, 08:07   Link #9
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
That's the same type of hair that got Saya from Song of Saya branded as a catgirl She's not a catgirl... more of a... ummmmm... anti-existance girl.

Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 16:12   Link #10
Kensuke

Very cute indeed, there is always room for bishoujo anime for me so I'm sure I will check this. But so long time to wait.

I wonder, is there a demo available for download, at least I couldn't find anything at game's site.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 05:40   Link #11
NeoSam

Tears in snow audio CD:

http://www.7andy.jp/cd/detail?accd=C1035029
Old 2006-03-19, 17:14   Link #12
ZeRoGravity

I think i came across this sometime ago, sounds very familar. The art looks nice, so yea i might give it a shot when it gets subbed.

Her hair sure looks like cat ears, very cunning indeed.
Old 2006-03-19, 18:12   Link #13
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

I already have the game preordered a while ago, even if it's for nothing but Izumi-sensei's art. ^^;

The trial version was interesting as well, the story progresses based on your own schedule (kind of like old-school dating games), and you can adjust your schedule to accomodate specific characters that you're after.

true love is not an ero game, there are no 18+ contents, but it promises touching stories that would "make you cry", so it's probably somewhere close to pure love/nakige games like CLANNAD.

The two I'm particularly interested in are Rui-chan (the main heroine and a classmate, her dream is to become a veterinarian), and Katsura-san (the cool and serious student council president). Oh and that odd little girl who talks like an obaasan, Gion.

For a game that hasn't even been released yet, getting an anime is quite something (although I suppose it can also be seen as a tool to add hype). I'm looking forward to playing the game when it comes out.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 07:01   Link #14
DaFool
Resident devil

As kj has stated, nowadays many erogames / visual novels are produced with anime serialization in mind.

And yeah, this announcement is too early.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 11:45   Link #15
NeoSam

Yay! insani group has translated the demo version of the bishoujo game true tears
Old 2006-07-31, 13:34   Link #16
DaFool
Resident devil

Now you get to play the game before watching the anime! That's a first for the English-speaking community!
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 14:48   Link #17
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
is this anime separate from Galaxy Angel 2 now?
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 15:02   Link #18
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzfurrball
is this anime separate from Galaxy Angel 2 now?
Was there ever a connection, other than the involvement of game planner/developer Broccoli? I know that there was a marketing campaign that promoted the two games together (along with D.C. II), but I don't think the two are otherwise connected.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 16:35   Link #19
Seive

As for the translation, I got:

As for this game degree of good impression fluctuates with advance of the story with the choices which appear on the middle.

The “Tears point” is inscribed as for degree of good impression of the heroine as a standard.
When the tear accumulates to maximum, it becomes capture impossible.

That was with a FireFox plugin I have and Wordlingo. Best I could do. =(
Seive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 23:41   Link #20
relentlessflame

*Administrator

As for that translation, it seems to me that they're saying that each heroine in the game has a "tears point" level that changes according to your in-game choices. If you hit the heroine's maximum "tears point", you can't continue down her story path anymore. There's a screenshot here that shows the "tears" meter.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life