Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-27, 23:27   Link #81
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Did Ichigo just say that he "told Chad, Inoue and the others" about his shinigami powers while he was asleep?

I thought Urahara already said he wouldnt mess with their memories back in chapter 422
Don't forgrt Ichigo says "Don't worry Urahara I'm for them to know everything"
Old 2010-10-27, 23:28   Link #82
Fran~
floating away...

Well, Keigo was talking openly about the events at KT...
Old 2010-10-27, 23:37   Link #83
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
1.5 years in earth's time, how many is in SS?, like 2 weeks?
supposedly time is relatively the same, just that aging works slower on other side. We at least have proof about the slow aging.

if Kubo is smart...when they peek into Soul Society, we should have clarification.
Old 2010-10-27, 23:38   Link #84
Fran~
floating away...

yeah, you're right... thanks
Old 2010-10-28, 01:19   Link #85
lucasd

If this was animated I would tell it is a filler
Old 2010-10-28, 01:46   Link #86
christinemarie
Crazy One

For some reason it's like Yuyu Hakusho's Shinobu Sensui arc (Urahara ordered a group to intimidate Ichigo, etc. Another problem that involves the merging of the town and some other realm), then Ichigo will die, later on turn into the most powerful shinigami ever, then fights the final boss.

I want Ichigo's two little sisters and the young spirit girl that resides in Urahara's shop become the main characters of this series. Let it become Nanoha-like.
Old 2010-10-28, 02:09   Link #87
Langus
Optimus Prime

One final post before I peace out for a bit - this chapter wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
Spoiler for Spoilers for 424:
Old 2010-10-28, 02:21   Link #88
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
We'll, Ichigo does acknowledge that they might give him a hard time about it, but he is just one Quincy, so I doubt they'd really care how many Hollows he destroys.
I'm not talking about what Soul Society think. As far as I'm concerned they're all a bunch of idiots.

I just wonder if it's okay from a moral standpoint. They maybe hollows but Shinigami can purify them and send them to Soul Society. Ishida just outright kills them. Seems a bit morally ambiguous to me. The thought of even one hollow being killed that way makes me worried. I can understand Soul Society not caring because of Kubo's recent idiot attemtps at making Soul Society randomly do dickish things for no reason just to make them appear grey. But Ichigo doesn't even bat an eyelid. It's like we're not supposed to care.
Old 2010-10-28, 02:39   Link #89
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Oh god, I feel like Bleach is being Hollywoodized,

The young hero heads on a epic journey to recover his identity of heroism >.>

Well, not a complete disappointment like I expected. The opening comedy was refreshing.

Now, just to backtrack a bit, there's a question I haven't had answered in quite a bit. Is the changing of design on Ichigo's Hollow mask during the Deicide arc ever explained? I know it was likely the cause of his transformation, but I don't think they ever discussed the topic in detail. Like if it gives him more power, takes more energy etc etc.

Meh, it probably wasn't, we know Bleach and it's plot holes.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-10-28, 04:01   Link #90
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm not talking about what Soul Society think. As far as I'm concerned they're all a bunch of idiots.

I just wonder if it's okay from a moral standpoint. They maybe hollows but Shinigami can purify them and send them to Soul Society. Ishida just outright kills them. Seems a bit morally ambiguous to me. The thought of even one hollow being killed that way makes me worried. I can understand Soul Society not caring because of Kubo's recent idiot attemtps at making Soul Society randomly do dickish things for no reason just to make them appear grey. But Ichigo doesn't even bat an eyelid. It's like we're not supposed to care.
Ichigo doesn't care. Back when he was still thinking about being a shinigami, he'd told Rukia he'd protect those within his reach, and so far that's all he's done (save RUkia, save Orihime). Hollows ain't his buddies...
Although considering the history of quincy and the SS treason that got them killed, exterminating the last one should be one of their top priorities, with Aizen gone.
Old 2010-10-28, 05:10   Link #91
JustRob

Just to make things clear, what Ichigo said was "Inoue and Chad told the others about my shinigami powers while I was asleep". With others, I presume he means Tatsuki, Keigo, Mizuiro, and any other classmate that matters.

I for one didn't like this chapter. It's like some others said, it looks a lot like chapter 1. And it also feels like we're back at the beginning of the manga without having made any progress at all. The only thing that's changed since the start of Bleach is that Ichigo no longer has any reiatsu, but he does have the skills of a bodybuilder and the speed of a cat.

Gin is dead, we still have no idea how Isshin got his Shinigami powers, what rank he was, and if even still has his shinigami powers, we also don't know how Kisuke knows him and how Ryuuken relates to all this. Next, Aizen said a while back he's known about Ichigo since he was born, and that all his battles were in the palm of his hand, we still don't know what that means.

And finally, Aizen disappears sentenced in an underground prison, because he is apparently immortal. So when did he get this immortality? Did he make a wish with the Dragonballs? Am I supposed to accept that one of the most powerful shinigami to have ever lived, who is even immortal, who almost comletely crushed the 13 Squads, is going to be locked away into some underground prison with no possibility of escape?

I for one hope we haven't seen the last of Aizen, and I don't mean his retarded butterfly or hollow form, I mean his clever manipulative provoking personality that we have grown to love over the Soul Society and Arrancar arcs.

This chapter was about as interesting as Naruto fillers
Old 2010-10-28, 06:12   Link #92
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I just figured something the netire Bleach series is like Yu Yu Hakusho

Ichigo- Yusuke
Hueco mundo which is translated meanning "Hollow World - Demon World
Hollows- Demons
This arc is when Ichigo meets the new substitute shinigami around town who is with a little team of powerful foes who Ichigo will have to fight
After ichigo defeats them his next battle will be when he returns to Hueco Mundo for the final battle
Old 2010-10-28, 06:24   Link #93
Mr. Anime

poor orihime wasnt even mentioned in this chapter
i hope she is still in the same school as ichigo or told him how she feels, seriously all shounen main characters are just dumb and gay
Old 2010-10-28, 06:38   Link #94
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Just to make things clear, what Ichigo said was "Inoue and Chad told the others about my shinigami powers while I was asleep". With others, I presume he means Tatsuki, Keigo, Mizuiro, and any other classmate that matters.

I for one didn't like this chapter. It's like some others said, it looks a lot like chapter 1. And it also feels like we're back at the beginning of the manga without having made any progress at all. The only thing that's changed since the start of Bleach is that Ichigo no longer has any reiatsu, but he does have the skills of a bodybuilder and the speed of a cat.

Gin is dead, we still have no idea how Isshin got his Shinigami powers, what rank he was, and if even still has his shinigami powers, we also don't know how Kisuke knows him and how Ryuuken relates to all this. Next, Aizen said a while back he's known about Ichigo since he was born, and that all his battles were in the palm of his hand, we still don't know what that means.

And finally, Aizen disappears sentenced in an underground prison, because he is apparently immortal. So when did he get this immortality? Did he make a wish with the Dragonballs? Am I supposed to accept that one of the most powerful shinigami to have ever lived, who is even immortal, who almost comletely crushed the 13 Squads, is going to be locked away into some underground prison with no possibility of escape?

I for one hope we haven't seen the last of Aizen, and I don't mean his retarded butterfly or hollow form, I mean his clever manipulative provoking personality that we have grown to love over the Soul Society and Arrancar arcs.

This chapter was about as interesting as Naruto fillers
This....this is why I drink.

No but honestly Bleach is full of unanswered questions and a load of BS mixed with crack and dipped in potential.

Along with all the points you made, the three Hollows that sent Grand Fisher after Ichigo are still unknown. How in God's name he escaped death and took a incredibly new powerful form in unknown. Why his Hollow mask design changing had a greater burden on him, is unknown. What Aizen meant when he said Ichigo was Half Human half-(Hollow most likely) is unknown. Why Orihime didn't just restore the Captain Commander's arm is unknown. What happened to Grimmjow really, is unknown. And of course, where the new Central 46 came from, is unknown.

I wonder what still hooks me...

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-10-28, 06:41   Link #95
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
poor orihime wasnt even mentioned in this chapter
i hope she is still in the same school as ichigo or told him how she feels, seriously all shounen main characters are just dumb and gay
Bleach is bad with many things, especially romance. I gave up on that long ago. And it is a shame, it would have made rescuing her all that more powerful and all.
Old 2010-10-28, 06:41   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I just figured something the netire Bleach series is like Yu Yu Hakusho

Ichigo- Yusuke
Hueco mundo which is translated meanning "Hollow World - Demon World
Hollows- Demons
This arc is when Ichigo meets the new substitute shinigami around town who is with a little team of powerful foes who Ichigo will have to fight
After ichigo defeats them his next battle will be when he returns to Hueco Mundo for the final battle
Finally caught on have you? It's been a running gag for several years now...
Old 2010-10-28, 06:42   Link #97
JustRob

Grimmjow, I forgot all about him. Are we seriously supposed to assume he died offscreen from the wounds Noitra gave him?
Old 2010-10-28, 06:51   Link #98
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Grimmjow, I forgot all about him. Are we seriously supposed to assume he died offscreen from the wounds Noitra gave him?
No one dies in Bleach. Everyone who "died" will return at some point.
Old 2010-10-28, 06:57   Link #99
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
No one dies in Bleach. Everyone who "died" will return at some point.
You know just in case some fans didn't want that person to die >.>

- Lashloseus

Last edited by Hsadman; 2010-10-28 at 07:23.
Old 2010-10-28, 08:19   Link #100
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

This is essentially Kubo retconning the entire manga, It's basically back to square one with everything, Ichigo's powers, Villains.

This might be the most lazy ass way to continue a manga, Most of the previous plot is deemed irrelevant, And Kubo can write his way anywhere he wants now.

I can already see 200 hundred chapters in the future where the 'dead' hollows return to 'save' Ichigo again. This is so sad.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion