AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-18, 17:58   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah... the Enishi season really didn't advance the plot much (outside of Tina's thread) and mostly was just a pastiche of short stories. No sign of any further work planned for a couple of years now.

The Tokyopop translation is in its last few books ... their adventures can be followed there .... though it seems to be losing steam in the manga as well (I've been spoilered a bit on the ending from the japanese edition but I'm trying to avoid TMI for myself.
Old 2006-07-31, 11:10   Link #122
starmoonie77polly

Smile spice aya up!

Kaoru is so hot..i wish that they had spiced up more the hotel episode of enishi..dang..there also should have been an episode to a change in that...i mean aoi is so innocent and kaoru is new to all this too so if they did have a intimate moment wouldnt they act a little different after that?...lets have an episode dealing with that...and i know that if i had just had a night with a kaoru i would have been skipping down the street! wheres the passion?!

i wish aoi would tell those girls to shut up once in while..that would be sexy..

please season 3...why doth thou teaseth me?!
starmoonie77polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 11:15   Link #123
starmoonie77polly

oh and while im at it...why havent the other girls figured it out yet i mean aoi and kaoru go on dates right? someone has to seem them holding hands right?

i love the episode in enishi where kaoru has that dream of aoi and he says he will have dinner and..do you know what im talking about?...that was so great...oh and the episode where they play tennis..that really showed his desire of being alone with her and his desire for her in general...it was awesome..
Old 2006-07-31, 12:33   Link #124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In some subconscious way I think (in the anime) Tina kind of knows (re: the onsen bath and amusement park episode). The others are just too hyperactive to notice.
Old 2006-08-03, 20:28   Link #125
starmoonie77polly

Aya

I think i remember reading someone saying why dont they just tell people they are engages, no big deal, nothings gonna really happen. COme one its not going to cause problems cause only their friends would know...well anyways i was thinking the same thing..just tell..that way we can see more scenes of them being intimate but now that i of it..i think if they did tell their friends it would cause trouble because i think mayu would do something, out of angery and jealousy..she seems like that kind of person..she would do it
Old 2006-08-03, 21:34   Link #126
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

1) Because the scandal would affect the Sakuraroba Business.

2) Because there wouldn't be much of a story.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 11:52   Link #127
starmoonie77polly

there wouldnt really be a scandel because they would only be telling their friends..if they said..hey dont tell anybody..they wouldnt...except mayu..she might spill...

on of the things that annoy me about aya is that ai..apologizes for everything...oh and she says kaoru sama for like every action she makes *turns face to kaoru* "kaoru sama", watches him walk away "kaoru sama", hears him start to say something "kaoru sama"....geez..stop saying his name so much.
Old 2006-08-04, 22:24   Link #128
chompromp1

ai yori aoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2kid
Do you think that this anime will have a third season ? Coz I think the 2nd season doesn't have anything new at all except introducing two new girls and now that Tina has graduated.

It will be nice if this anime ended in Kaoru & Aoi finally getting married.

it would make it a whole lot better if they make a third season where they find out aoi and kaorus secret at the same time they get the permision from miyabi san and the rest can be about the life of aoi and kaoru with a little added silliness from everyone else i think it would calm everyones frustratio twoards the second seasonand how it was moslty fillers and fanservice for almost every character tina and chika the most but thats my opinion please forgive my bad spelling kinda got tired of typing
chompromp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 22:32   Link #129
kauldron26
Med Student

i just started watching the first season today... and i have to say after episode 5 i was ridiculously pissed off during the whole introduction of Tina... i was soooo angry because the first 4 episodes were just absolutely breathtaking and amazing romance and drama and then it all went to shit. fortunately i decided that instead for the series to be ruined i read the episode recaps on tv.com and watched it this way so the show could maintain its greatness. eps 1-4, eps 15, and eps 20-24. after seeing it this way i have to say i love it. i wanted to see season 2 but after reading this board i have to say im glad i didnt see it because Tina has to be one of the most annoying characters in Anime.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 03:36   Link #130
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished watching Enishi.... and dang, i was left disapointed. There is little to none plot progression at all, second to none character development. This almost felt like 12 unrelated episodes. A question - would anything change if i would watch them in a completely random order? I think not. (provided that both Tina eps have to be seen together)

We have no progression in their relationship what so ever - ok, so they had sex in the hotel.... whoope - happened at the end of season 1... and don't tell me that nothing happened during those two years...which brings forth the next point - how did the characters manage not to age one bit (at least judging from looks).

Er....how exactly does every one manage to remain clueless about their relationship? They are living under the same roof for 3 or so years...(ok, it seems Tina knows by now...whoopee - only took 3 years to notice). I mean...they hug/kiss/hold hands almost every time they are together... do not tell me no one aside from Miyabi notices this during 3 years....

Sometimes i wonder why they simply do not tell every one in the house... sure, problems with Sakuraba family bla bla bla.... but come on - it is going in to the light sooner or later... besides it would be their friends only that would know... Ok, maybe Mayu would try to stirr up some trouble... but then again that would lead to Kaoru hating her and i don't think she wants that... besides that would stop all the girls from chasing him.... it certainly is not easy on Aoi... sometimes i wish she would just stand up and tell all the girls to lay off and get out of her house... (and god, did i want to punch Kaoru when he 'accepted' Mayu's date. He needs to grow some spine... even if he can not reveal his relationship with Aoi (for an utterly dumb reason) it does not prevent him from turning down <insert girl>... sometimes i wish Aoi would simply get prgnant so they can get this orderal over with :P

Besides... at the end of 1st season Kaoru and Aoi allready got the permission to do whatever they want to - when Miyabi told Kaoru to take care of Aoi and started to walk away... and then Aoi and Kaoru suggested they all go back to that big home to their 'family' .... they actually regressed the state of their relationship. And i did not know that Aoi's fathers idea of her daughter smiling is to live in a house with her fiance, with a lot of ather girls after Kaoru, and them having to hide their relationship....

And honestly - what was the point of enishi ? We have a nice amount of Chika and her friends... we have a fair amount of Tina.... lets face it - we could not care less about it - we watch this show to see the relationship between Aoi and Kaoru, not some completely unrelated crap. (ok, it was not crap nor bad, but it mostly holds no significance in Aoi x Kaoru which is the main theme of the show... and when about 80% of the second season does not contribute to this i question the usefulness of the season).

Sounds like i'm hating the show ? Not even close - the first season is one of my favorite series ...it had everything it needed to have ... but the second season does not contribute to the show... you could take the eps from second season and throw them in random spots during the first season and no one would notice...

Seriously - i know they can produce a decent closure to a series... they should just hire me to write the final arcs/eps ... and i am sure i could come up with a decent closure to almost any story without butchering the characters and plotline... and what's worse - i don't see a 3rd season on the horizon... oh well, time to write another fanfic i guess... with a proper ending this could easily make it in to my top5 anime list

</rant>
Old 2006-11-16, 03:50   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Unfortunately (much as I like the manga) it didn't do so well in merchandising I'm guessing. And the Enishi season didn't seem to have a focus outside of Tina's issue. I will say I was reasonably happy with the latest Tokyopop release of the manga ... the previous two volumes had kind of drifted around like the Enishi anime and the artwork had gone to shit. I've not checked the timeline but I bet volume 12 and 13 were the latest the animators had to work with for the Enishi season. Its too bad because volume 14 would have really helped them tie things up for a second season and then finish it with some OVAs. This latest volume (14) ties up some threads and sets up for the climax arc of the manga series.

The japanese series edition has been finished for quite a while now and I think AYA's possibilities just missed the timing as other properties rushed in.

Perhaps someone will take on the series as a remake down the road? That seems to be popular lately
Old 2006-11-16, 03:57   Link #132
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Perhaps someone will take on the series as a remake down the road? That seems to be popular lately
Would be nice if that would happen The series was not bad and Tina is not bad, but that is not what the vast majority(i would assume) wanted to see when they picked up the second season, so i could easilly imagine a fair amount of fans disapointed with the series.... i mean...if they were not planning on a 3rd season why not deliver a propper closure to the anime? By this time i think half the town knows about their relationship....(except those closest to them ofc)
Old 2006-11-16, 11:53   Link #133
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

The first season is fantastic. The artwork, the backgrounds and the music. The themes are timeless. The boobgrabbing is distracting but not too bad. The manga has a deeper storyline and since it is in black and white, the art can only tell so much. In the anime, they do a fantastic job showing the passage of time by the backdrops and moon phases. The sound effect are excellent and the music is stunning. They did a good job on season one. Season 2, Enishi is a a bit weaker on the main story line but has its good points. From what I hear, there will be no more anime. (I hope I'm wrong.)

If I had read the manga first, I don't think I would be so taken by the series. Since I have seen the anime first, I can run the manga in my head using the anime as a reference. This makes the manga that much better.

Plus, I have the soundtrack on CD. That is great stuff.

Enjoy the anime and the manga. Its a good story.
Old 2007-01-23, 17:38   Link #134
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Just finished watching Enishi.... and dang, i was left disapointed. There is little to none plot progression at all, second to none character development. This almost felt like 12 unrelated episodes. A question - would anything change if i would watch them in a completely random order? I think not. (provided that both Tina eps have to be seen together)

We have no progression in their relationship what so ever - ok, so they had sex in the hotel.... whoope - happened at the end of season 1... and don't tell me that nothing happened during those two years...which brings forth the next point - how did the characters manage not to age one bit (at least judging from looks).

Er....how exactly does every one manage to remain clueless about their relationship? They are living under the same roof for 3 or so years...(ok, it seems Tina knows by now...whoopee - only took 3 years to notice). I mean...they hug/kiss/hold hands almost every time they are together... do not tell me no one aside from Miyabi notices this during 3 years....

Sometimes i wonder why they simply do not tell every one in the house... sure, problems with Sakuraba family bla bla bla.... but come on - it is going in to the light sooner or later... besides it would be their friends only that would know... Ok, maybe Mayu would try to stirr up some trouble... but then again that would lead to Kaoru hating her and i don't think she wants that... besides that would stop all the girls from chasing him.... it certainly is not easy on Aoi... sometimes i wish she would just stand up and tell all the girls to lay off and get out of her house... (and god, did i want to punch Kaoru when he 'accepted' Mayu's date. He needs to grow some spine... even if he can not reveal his relationship with Aoi (for an utterly dumb reason) it does not prevent him from turning down <insert girl>... sometimes i wish Aoi would simply get prgnant so they can get this orderal over with :P

Besides... at the end of 1st season Kaoru and Aoi allready got the permission to do whatever they want to - when Miyabi told Kaoru to take care of Aoi and started to walk away... and then Aoi and Kaoru suggested they all go back to that big home to their 'family' .... they actually regressed the state of their relationship. And i did not know that Aoi's fathers idea of her daughter smiling is to live in a house with her fiance, with a lot of ather girls after Kaoru, and them having to hide their relationship....

And honestly - what was the point of enishi ? We have a nice amount of Chika and her friends... we have a fair amount of Tina.... lets face it - we could not care less about it - we watch this show to see the relationship between Aoi and Kaoru, not some completely unrelated crap. (ok, it was not crap nor bad, but it mostly holds no significance in Aoi x Kaoru which is the main theme of the show... and when about 80% of the second season does not contribute to this i question the usefulness of the season).

I just finished it and felt the urge to rant here a bit but...
as what you said is EXACTLY the way I feel, there's not really much to add.

After the ending of the first season, where Aoi's and Kaoru's relationship still is yet to be revealed, I hoped for enishi to solve this.

But already after watching the first episode of enishi...I mean what the...? Two years passed by since season 1 and their relationship has not changed one tiny bit, they failed to let anyone know, not to mention nobody managed to notice anything by themselves after almost 3 frickin' years of living together.
Unfortunately everything stayed the same throughout the show. Basically it was just a bunch of fillers.

But...
Quote:
Sounds like i'm hating the show ? Not even close - the first season is one of my favorite series ...it had everything it needed to have ... but the second season does not contribute to the show... you could take the eps from second season and throw them in random spots during the first season and no one would notice...
(...) with a proper ending this could easily make it in to my top5 anime list
Yet again, exactly my thoughts. I LOVED the first season, the non-existent ending of it all in enishi really upsets me though.
Old 2007-01-24, 16:01   Link #135
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
I just finished it and felt the urge to rant here a bit but...
as what you said is EXACTLY the way I feel, there's not really much to add.

After the ending of the first season, where Aoi's and Kaoru's relationship still is yet to be revealed, I hoped for enishi to solve this.

But already after watching the first episode of enishi...I mean what the...? Two years passed by since season 1 and their relationship has not changed one tiny bit, they failed to let anyone know, not to mention nobody managed to notice anything by themselves after almost 3 frickin' years of living together.
Unfortunately everything stayed the same throughout the show. Basically it was just a bunch of fillers.

But...

Yet again, exactly my thoughts. I LOVED the first season, the non-existent ending of it all in enishi really upsets me though.
Quote:

Seriously - i know they can produce a decent closure to a series... they should just hire me to write the final arcs/eps ... and i am sure i could come up with a decent closure to almost any story without butchering the characters and plotline... and what's worse - i don't see a 3rd season on the horizon... oh well, time to write another fanfic i guess... with a proper ending this could easily make it in to my top5 anime list

</rant>

we have the same mind I think.
I feel just the same way as you guy's do.
I was so disapointed with Enishi, when the first series had a really good ending.

and since it's like 0.00001% chance of someone to make a 3. series of Aoi Yori Aoshi and I really wanted to know the ending I've ordered all 15 Volumes of Manga that is out so far (English) and expecting them to be in my maibox any day know. cant wait!!

but I still hope that someone will find the will in theyre hearts to finish the Anime and give it a worthy ending

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 03:51   Link #136
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I know this is a double post but it's been over 1 week since I last posted here so...

anyways I think the reason why there hasn't been made a season 3 of Ai Yori Aoshi yet is because the manga is not finished.

so far there is 15 Volumes out of the manga (in english) and nr 16 is due to come out in June this year. and nr 17 even later this year.
Haven't heard anything abut an nr 18 yet. but I think nr 17 is the last.
anyways I think they wont make a 3 season before the manga is finished.
and since the last nr 17 ( I think) will be out close to November/December this year, I think we will have the 3 season in beginning of 2008
(if there is to be a 3 season that is)
But I think it will be because Ai Yori Aoshi is really popular in Japan and in the whole world even.
(It's my favorite Anime and Manga story)
I really hope they make a 3 season because the ending in Enishi really sucked.
though Enishi was closer to the Manga than I though.

anyways, I pray that there will be a 3 season in the beginning of 2008 or sooner.

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 03:59   Link #137
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Well that's up to the Mangaka and JCStaff. If they can agree on a price, it will be made.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 08:48   Link #138
eQko_x

Ai Yori Aoshi

maybe i havent looked hard enough yet but it doesnt seem to be a thread group discussing this particular anime (Ai Yori Aoshi or enishi) . is it just not popular around here??
eQko_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 08:55   Link #139
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~

well the anime isn't really new but there is a discussion thread for enishi here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=2406
Kai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 10:36   Link #140
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by eQko_x View Post
maybe i havent looked hard enough yet but it doesnt seem to be a thread group discussing this particular anime (Ai Yori Aoshi or enishi) . is it just not popular around here??
I don't know about everyone else, but it's one of my favorites. It probably doesn't see a lot of discussion becuase its a few years old and both seasons have already been licenced and completely released in the US. Just a heads up that Geneon recently released a special package deal on both seasons of the anime that's a real steal (all 8 DVDs for less than $50US), if you like the series.

I really like the fact that despite the typical harem anime conventions (lots of girls, one guy, embaressing situations, ecchi physical humor, etc.), it still manages to be a great love story. I think the original season (Ai Yori Aoshi) was a little better than the second (Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~), but mainly because it had a better season finale than ~Enishi~ did. I will say that Tina's subplot in ~Enishi~ was one of the most moving scenes in any harem anime I have ever seen.

Right now I'm waiting (impatiently) for the last two volumes of the manga to be released in English. Ai Yori Aoshi was actually the first manga I started reading, because I loved the anime so much that I wanted to get more Kaoru and Aoi.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-05-05 at 11:18.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen