AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2024-04-22, 11:03   Link #12441
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

@Renegade. Like I said, It's like Wendy Thomas dissing the Whopper.

It really seems to me that Ulen wanted Kira to be like (for the lack of a better comparison) X (yes, Dr. Light's creation). While the Accords have set and predetermined Potentials,
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2024-04-22, 11:49   Link #12442
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post

It really seems to me that Ulen wanted Kira to be like (for the lack of a better comparison) X (yes, Dr. Light's creation). While the Accords have set and predetermined Potentials,
Spoiler for spoiler:
Wait, I remember that X was the first mechanical creation meant to have his own free will and from such humanity, the mechanical being developed sadness upon fighting. Was it like that? There was a short OVA about exactly that called Day of Sigma where X's free will is tested to be the legit thing or just something he was programmed to be with.
Old 2024-04-22, 12:28   Link #12443
cyberdemon

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Kira is the pinnacle of humanity. Biologically he’s perfect by Ulen Hibikis standards. Lacus’ mind is the pinnacle of humanity. She is everything Aura aspired to achieve. I almost fear their children if they don’t take after their parents. Perfect body and perfect mind
Old 2024-04-23, 02:18   Link #12444
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
While the Accords have set and predetermined Potentials,
Spoiler for spoiler:
I do not think the Accords are biologically incapable of walking off their biologically assigned path or that the gene editing necessarily railroads them into a single direction in life; Lacus is living proof of the absence of such cerebral hardwiring.

WW2 Nazis didn't become what they were just by dint of (purported) ethnic/genetic advantages; indoctrination played a huge part in their reinvention. It's simply that Mara - a obsessive individual with severe psychological issues that Ulen himself described as arrogant and manipulative - raised the Accords under the dogma that they were the best of the best and, because Durandal himself thought so in writing his Destiny Plan, their genes couldn't lead them to do anything wrong...or just fail. They grew up with no other moral guardrails aside from "do it for the Accord cause" and "let your genes do the talking". It's such a radically restrictive type of education that, in the end, they couldn't fathom other super-Coordinators going...biologically off-script.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2024-04-23 at 02:30.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep