AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-09, 09:52   Link #24301
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
I think you broke someone Kyral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
@Kyral
Nice pic XD. Interesting story as well. So we have Hayate, Keroko, Vivio, Vice?, and the two others at the bottom that are OC's? Very cool
Yeah! Thank you! xD
Well... not Vice but his sister Laguna.
And the two at the bottom are Xgouki's Shamsel on the right and my Elric on the left.

Edit: BELKA CLAIMS ANOTHER PAGE!!
Old 2008-05-09, 10:35   Link #24302
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
@SpaceBrotha
Well this is getting interesting. Your final OC wouldn't happen to be the wall and it's children would it
Well i figured that most would miss that one, let me tell you this: beginning of chap 2 saw a piece of the wall, and beginning of chap 3 saw several more. The hints are obscure, but that's my problem, not yours
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-05-09, 11:27   Link #24303
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I see...

Spoiler for uhoh:

And this is what Yui's smirk would look like
*runs*
Hmm...makes me wonder if I should include Keroko should I ever work on a sequel for this little Vivio fic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Yeah! Thank you! xD
Well... not Vice but his sister Laguna.
And the two at the bottom are Xgouki's Shamsel on the right and my Elric on the left.
Kekekeke
Old 2008-05-09, 20:54   Link #24304
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Okay, I have serious crack. The Concept is called Magical Library Wars.

Taking place 5 years after StrikerS, and not part of any canon, the TSAB passes a law that allows it to censor anything it so wishes. The Infinity Library on the other hand, refuses to submit to the TSAB authority, and led by Yuuno, begin working to stop the TSAB's Media Cleansing Force by grabbing books and data that the TSAB wants before the MCF can get to them.

This war for the most part played out on Mid itself, as the Infinity Library forms the Library Task Force, librarians based in libraries throughout Mid, which act as firebases in the censorship war.

Sides are drawn in this battle; the Saint Chuch is almost totally on the side of the TSAB and the MCF, particularly Anita's Inquisition, which forms a sizable element of the MCFs ORBAT; the Navy is for the most part ignoring this whole censorship squabble, and the Aces are being good soldiers and following the TSAB.

This is where the lines of the OCs are drawn.

Now at this point this is just brainstorming, okays?

- Kay joins the ILTF as an independant observer, chronicaling their exploits
- The Belkas quietly support the ILTF with cash and stuff, covertly, since all three of them are filthy rich and it makes more sense for them to be on the outside supporting the libraries - I may or may not imply that the Belkas are bankrolling the libraries
- Since the Libraries don't have that many mages short of the mages who defected to them, they use guns. Because of that, Gil has ended up being a firearms instructor, using guns from earth.

- Alternatively, the Erusians, looking to give the TSAB a black eye for general principles - and because they don't like whily-nily censorship of children's books - covertly supply the ILTF with body armor, weapons and ammo.

- the OFM: I'm thinking of having them on the MCF side, training MCF troops in how to counter people with guns. They are doing it half-assedly, however, since they're not too happy with the whole idea of the MCF.

Anybody else wanna suggest/expand? This is what I get from a 4-ep marathon of Toshokan Sensou (Library Wars).

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-09, 22:00   Link #24305
Jimmy C

If that's what the Bureau wants, why not start by punching out the IL's staff before their task force even comes online? Not to mention, the IL has a terrible position in this case, litterally. It's inside Main HQ after all.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:20   Link #24306
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
If that's what the Bureau wants, why not start by punching out the IL's staff before their task force even comes online? Not to mention, the IL has a terrible position in this case, litterally. It's inside Main HQ after all.
I wouldn't think too much on it; it's supposed to be crack, after all
Old 2008-05-10, 00:37   Link #24307
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
That occurred to me an hour ago as I was driving (dear god the driving I do these days); yep, it'd be a rather bad position to be.

Actually tying things into Toshokan Sensou even more, the IL's closure by the Bureau (with lots of Cleric-Knight KILL MAIM BURN and Inquisition KILL IT WITH FIRE), henceforth known as "The HQ Nightmare" forces the scattered Librarians to regroup on Mid, and provides a greater impetuous for them to arm themselves for self-defense. With the loss of the Infinity Library and a fuckload of research and stuff and things, it becomes a rallying cry for the LTF: "Remember the HQ Nightmare!"

(In Toshokan Sensou, the first library to get it's shit fucked up was Hino Library, which was razed to the ground by a terrorist group affiliated with the Media Cleansing Force. They burnt down the Library and 12 people were killed in the attack, including the wife of Commander Inamine, the Commander of the Kanto Library Force (though Inamine was just a lowly guy on the totem pole then. He got shot, crawled to his dying wife, and held her as the flames surrounded them... uh nevermind). After the Hino Nightmare, as the incident was known, the Libraries armed themselves, forming Library Forces in each prefecture, and getting guns, lots of guns, as well as proper gear: BDUs, kneepads, elbow pads, body armor, helmets, commo gear... even Blackhawks. Yes, Blackhawks. US Army most recent uber digital pimp Blackhawks. Though apparently they only have one or two per prefecture.)

So now, about say...hmmm. Okay lets say it's around 10-15 years post StrikerS, and the Library Forces and MCF are in a stalemate... hmmmm...

I'll need to watch some more Toshokan Sensou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
I wouldn't think too much on it; it's supposed to be crack, after all
Uh....yeah.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-10, 00:57   Link #24308
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Finally figured out a name for this guy in the Shock Enfs...

Spoiler for Thanatos 4:
Old 2008-05-10, 02:20   Link #24309
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Talking

USB500 lurks in and swaps Reiji & Goose's head with harisen he borrowed from Hayate. Stop the fight and don't start arguing with me, okay? It won't do you any good.

@ FlameSparkZ: has Yui turned evil and learned the secret art of blackmailing?

Hey, it's OC thread's birthday? Congratulations! And even though I'm a bit late in this celebration, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Spoiler for birthday presents for those who are concerned:

And yes, considering Mother's Day is around the corner, I should do an Mother's Day OC tribute story. Hmm.... I wonder-

Minutes later, USB500 is found burnt to crisp after he was kicked to reason by the angry ladies who claimed he had breached their privacy right and stole the pictures.
Old 2008-05-10, 06:39   Link #24310
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Hmm...makes me wonder if I should include Keroko should I ever work on a sequel for this little Vivio fic
>_>
I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
@ FlameSparkZ: has Yui turned evil and learned the secret art of blackmailing?
No...She just likes to tease the people she likes the most

*runs*

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2008-05-10 at 12:11.
Old 2008-05-10, 15:05   Link #24311
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Okay, back from friends places and maratoned the last few Angelic Layer anime (which firmly solidified my belief that I need to bring Hikaru to the OC-thread) and back to backlog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Fine, here you goes :3

The latest chapter :3

Spoiler for MGLN Riot Force 6:
Ouch... His device blew up in his hands? That's gotta sting, both physically and emotionally >_<

And dragons? Now I'm really interested. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
So the OC is one year old eh I’ve been here like half that time, but it stills seems to have flown by awfully fast… So we managed 24,256 posts in a year let’s break that down:

That means we averaged:
2021 post a month
70 Posts per day
2.7 Post and Hour
Or 1 post every 21 minute

That’s either something to be proud of or slightly scary…

Anyway since I felt the need to acutally put up some content to mark the day I decided to do a little short side story… that ended up being 4,000 words. This needs a bit of set up it takes place during the as yet unpublished Chapter 3 of my fic and is a bit a side story/background/intro fic. In the end it turned out to be a sort of Izumi intro fic more then anything else… basiclly I wanted a break from what I was doing and felt like writing a car chase and this was the result.

Spoiler for "Drabble":
You call this a drable? But a rather captivating one at that. Then again, we don't see that many car chases in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Aurion: Huh?
Aaron: They keep confusing me for you. -_-

I AM NOT MY OC, DAMMIT!!!!

Aurion:
I think its because Aaron and Aurion aren't that different on a casual glance. That, and you're pretty much the voice of reason in this thread, much like Aurion.

Quote:
Work fastah!!!
I'm currently putting a lotf creative juices into making Hikaru work. The last thing I want is to create a character out of her that I'll abandon shortly after creating, but the main problem is I don't really have a 'role' for her yet. All of my characters have links to at least one CC, but I'm not sure whom I should link Hikaru with.

Quote:
Quoted for truth. She doesn't fit in any one stereotype. Keroko is Keroko!!!

Quote:
@___________________________@

SHE DID?!?!?!
Oh yes, she did.

Quote:
*smirks with EBIL smirk in a corner at Kha's predicament*

XD
There's more then one reason we are called 'traps' after all :3

Quote:
I don't mind, personally.
It's not a requirement anyway.
I know, and I don't order people to write with my OC's either, but still, its awkward.

Quote:
I don't mind. Do can keep that title. It sounds really cool!
Then Keroko would be switching jobs. Nah, I'll switch to SAFA. Heck, it'll give me a chance to explain Rogue Squadron, which is a Squadron filled with elite mages.

Quote:
Nanoha is the Heart of the Aces. Naturally, she can do that.
*nod nod* without her Divine Intervention, the Aces wouldn't even be together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Ah, it's the thread's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Well, I didn't buy cakes for you today, but here, you can have this.

*chucks BLUECHEESE NUKE and flees*

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha GuardianS

Chapter Eight—Rain and Sacrifice
Whoogyaaaah! Long read! Action, drama, did the others survive? Will the Templars manage to escape? Questions questions.

Quote:
Thanks! But I must apologize: I didn't even used one of your characters, I also mentioned another.
Dakara, I told you I don't care if you don't ask for my permission. The surprise was pleasent, really.

Quote:

Laguna is a character that isn't used often in other works, so I thought it would be nice to use her.
And it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
@Liingo: Thanks for the comments . I'll get to them later and tell you why. Hopefully it's understandable, or you may already find your answers here (one of them, in any case).

@Kyral: Yep, the Belkan Scriptor's magic is showing here! Going to do a big backlog buster later. Haven't read your stuff yet, but from the outlook, it's superb!

Anyway, third round! BLUECHEESE NUKE, AWAY!

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha GuardianS

Chapter Eight—Rain and Sacrifice
Needless to say, the best part in my eyes is of course the awesome Signum/Tesla battle against Grandia. And it was ended with true finishers. Definetely has my Seal of Aproval. :3

Quote:
Hmm...does this mean that Tesla sneaks off to Yaoi Con with Vivio?

*RUNS*
If you mean Keroko, then yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
[cough cough]On the SAFA thing, it's pretty much hinted that Nanoha is perhaps the most powerful or at the very least, among the highest tiers in her unit. That doesn't demean the strength of other SAFA instructors though, since they're supposedly the elite air mages among the elite air mages who are already an elite of their own. Presumably, they're all probably AAA rankers and above. Nanoha did say Vita would fit in quite nicely among the instructors after all. There's probably minimal gap.

All the more reason I'd say the threat levels in Nanohaverse is still :eyeroll: especially when the incidents can be solved by 10 to 20% of the elites alone.
Personally, I believe using the Aces as judges for 'elite' is flawed in itself. I mean, even among elite they're the elite. Concidering the wall for most mages is B-rank, I think A-rank and above is generally already elite-ish. If someone has the skill to back up the rank, then they really are elite.

Quote:
I see...

Spoiler for uhoh:

And this is what Yui's smirk would look like
*runs*
Yui can be scaaaary.

Quote:
Who do you think talked her into going there in the first place? :3

Quote:
No...She just likes to tease the people she likes the most

*runs*
And she knows where to hit them for maximum effect. Yet one more reason I like Yui.
Old 2008-05-10, 18:10   Link #24312
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yui can be scaaaary.

Quote:
Who do you think talked her into going there in the first place? :3
I see

Quote:
And she knows where to hit them for maximum effect. Yet one more reason I like Yui.
Yup
Old 2008-05-10, 21:06   Link #24313
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Personally, I believe using the Aces as judges for 'elite' is flawed in itself. I mean, even among elite they're the elite. Concidering the wall for most mages is B-rank, I think A-rank and above is generally already elite-ish. If someone has the skill to back up the rank, then they really are elite.
That's the wall for generic mages. AAS has been said to be elites themselves amongst regular mages, and SAFA by itself are elites of AAS. Nanoha just happens to be even more elite or at least, one of the most powerful if not the most in SAFA.

I don't believe that SAFA members are all S+ or anything, but at the very least, I range their average from highly experienced AAs (( like that old grandma who decimated Fate/Nanoha )) to AAA+/- and such. And maybe one or 2 Zest-ish veteran S-rankers.

You've got to take into account that the Aces, while known for their skills, are also young, being the cream of the crop. AAA is extremely unnatural for a 9 years old, and S+ rank at 19 seems like a very high accomplishment even for geniuses.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-05-10, 23:55   Link #24314
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
That's the wall for generic mages. AAS has been said to be elites themselves amongst regular mages, and SAFA by itself are elites of AAS. Nanoha just happens to be even more elite or at least, one of the most powerful if not the most in SAFA.

I don't believe that SAFA members are all S+ or anything, but at the very least, I range their average from highly experienced AAs (( like that old grandma who decimated Fate/Nanoha )) to AAA+/- and such. And maybe one or 2 Zest-ish veteran S-rankers.

You've got to take into account that the Aces, while known for their skills, are also young, being the cream of the crop. AAA is extremely unnatural for a 9 years old, and S+ rank at 19 seems like a very high accomplishment even for geniuses.
You can always have the pool of greatly experienced mages up in the thirties and forties.

And you can have those who are just so good at their area of interest that it makes up for lack of power or general skills.... and makes the youngin's shit bricks.

"Good morning ladies the temperature's eighty five degrees..."

"Holy SHIT IT's VIPER!"

"Viper's up here... greaaat... Oh SHIT!"

"What's got you two on edge?"

"Ask again in five minutes..."
Old 2008-05-11, 01:27   Link #24315
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Actually it went more like this:

"Good morning ladies it is a nice sunny day, the temperature is 120 degrees..."

"HOLY SHIT IT'S VIPER!!!"

"Greeeaaat, Viper's up here... oh shiiiiiiiit...

Anyway, on to Magical Infinite Library Wars.

The main difference between the Library Task Force and Kha's Astartes Libranicus is that the Libranicus use mecha and take to the field for no good reason, engaging in offensive interventions. The LTF, meanwhile, are essentially heavily-armed security guards with a defensive purpose: their primary role is to defend the Library and Library Force personnel.

Now, backstory.

In the current Era - note: I'm playing hard and fast with canon here - the TSAB High Council passes a law called the Media Cleansing Act, which allows the TSAB Media Cleansing Force to ban and censor anything it doesn't like, a way of controlling freedom of expression and stamping out criticism. The TSAB's directors manage to pass another law, the Library Freedom Act, which allows Libraries to safeguard works that the MCF would otherwise censor. The Infinity Library's staff, lead by Yuuno Scrya, take the point position, trusting in the rule of law to secure them.

Then the HQ Nightmare happens.

The MCF moves in and closes down the Infinity Library, located within Main HQ. At the end of the day, the Library is in ruins and under MCF control, and 16 librarians are dead, with a few survivors - one of them Yuuno, who loses his left leg in the attack. The survivors retreat to Cranagan City's Main Library, and all across Midchilda, the central libraries in each prefecture equivalent become strongpoints of resistance against the MCF in this censorship war, and form the Library Task Force as their paramilitary protection forces. While some members of the LTF are from defecting TSAB mages, the LTF is force to rely on conventional weapons to even the gap against the numerically superior MCF.

The MCF meanwhile abosorbs a large number of Ground Forces units, as well as detachments from the Saint Church which are sent to aid the MCF; Carim was not one of the TSAB directors who signed the Library Freedom Act into passing, and Kha and Anita have become convinced of the need for censorship. The MCF quickly takes on influences of Anita's Inquisition, censoring and seizing even the most innocent of materials - children's books - as well as belligerantly attacking Libraries to seize banned books.

The lines are drawn. The Aces remain loyal to the TSAB, and Nanoha is torn up inside on how Yuuno-kun is misguided and misled, and doesn't understand his motivations. The Belkarangers secretly use SGS to launder money that is then sent to the Library Forces, in effect bankrolling Yuuno. Contractor Group O, a group of Erusian mages, is hired and seconded to the MCF to train MCF troops in how to fight against people using guns, seeing as how they're from a planet that recently used guns. Splinter elements of the Erusian government and the Gardai quietly support the LTF with shipments of banned conventional weapons and ammunition and body armor. Kaylin Mathis parts ways with Glock Heckler to embed with the LF and tell their side of the story.

Equipment: The LTF is generally supplied with gear of good quality. All LTF members use the best Erusian body armor available, and most libraries have 1 helicopter ready, though fuel is a problem. Most Libraries use SMGs instead of rifles, since they're engaging in CQB. Limited heavy weapons.

Organisation: The Library Force refers to the Library staff as a whole; the Library Task Force is the Library's military arm, which primarily operates defensively, protecting libraries.

Yes, I've gone outside Nanoverse. I had to write this down.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-11, 02:26   Link #24316
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
*snip*
Ya know, every time I read this over I can't help but think about Patchu-con! Defend the Library!

But in any case...

Inspired in a way by Keroko and me being too damn restless at times, I've done my own version of the fall of Belka. Of course, this is only another interpretation of what may or may not have happened so long ago.

Spoiler for Scripture:
Old 2008-05-11, 05:33   Link #24317
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Ya know, every time I read this over I can't help but think about Patchu-con! Defend the Library!

That's game is way too cute.

*spawn more Chinas and Sakuyas*
Old 2008-05-11, 05:47   Link #24318
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
That's game is way too cute.

*spawn more Chinas and Sakuyas*
Actually...she's called Hong Meiling

I love the "Sakuya-san, Sakuya-san, cleaning stop! Room cleaning stop!?" part

~~~~
Yeah...still tweaking the next chapter...also considering doing a sort of flashback chapter of Koji and Yui doing a Mage rank exam together, like Subaru and Teana did in ep 1 of StrikerS

*runs*
Old 2008-05-11, 23:17   Link #24319
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Spacebrotha!!!

Phoenixg!!!

Wake Up And Fix This Mess On Irc!!!!!!! ><
Old 2008-05-12, 01:47   Link #24320
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Spacebrotha!!!

Phoenixg!!!

Wake Up And Fix This Mess On Irc!!!!!!! ><
What, don't tell me the spambot attacks are back...-_-;

Yeah, I've been busy the past few days, but I'm still alive. :3 Will do a proper breaker sometime tomorrow...[I]*yawns[/]
Closed Thread