Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Spoiler for ep 12:
Spoiler for ep 12:
Old 2007-12-18, 17:59   Link #605
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for ep 12:
Didn't he question his feelings for Koko before answering her confession. "is this love" or something like that. He didn't know if it was romantic love or love for a friend/sibling. And since we're talking about balls/dances (winter formals, proms, homecoming, etc.) Going with someone does not mean you are obligated to them, not making any excuses or anything just saying. Sometimes you go with people you aren't interested in because you don't want to go alone. I left the person I went to dances with several times for the girl I was really interested in......ok I'm off topic now so I'm dropping it there.

Anyways, what we say doesn't matter. What happens next week is out of our control, so just sit back and relax and wait....go watch Bleach, Naruto, DGray-man, Kimikiss, etc. until next monday.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:16   Link #606
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-18, 18:29   Link #607
ThoHell

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-18, 18:40   Link #608
DanielSong39

Already awaiting Season 2 so I can see Otome in action!

I suppose this would mean Nanaka would still be in the running, though I wouldn't count Yume out either.

Season 1 was OK, I guess... but maybe that's because the other show I'm following weekly is Myself; Yourself. I'm starting to get the feeling that I chose the wrong show; maybe I should've gone with ef? None of the shows I've followed (M;Y, D.C. II, KimiKiss, Clannad) provided drama that really stuck a chord with me.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:56   Link #609
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-18, 20:38   Link #610
changeup

Most shows in this season are overrated. I think I can officially say that in general we got both fewer and interior animes this year compared with last year.

The only series this season that I might buy a DVD is Ef-a tale of memories. Clannad so far is a little bit disappointing, and Shana II is mediocre. Gundam 00 is a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Already awaiting Season 2 so I can see Otome in action!

I suppose this would mean Nanaka would still be in the running, though I wouldn't count Yume out either.

Season 1 was OK, I guess... but maybe that's because the other show I'm following weekly is Myself; Yourself. I'm starting to get the feeling that I chose the wrong show; maybe I should've gone with ef? None of the shows I've followed (M;Y, D.C. II, KimiKiss, Clannad) provided drama that really stuck a chord with me.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 22:13   Link #611
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Most shows in this season are overrated. I think I can officially say that in general we got both fewer and inferior animes this year compared with last year. The only series this season that I might buy a DVD is Ef-a tale of memories. Clannad so far is a little bit disappointing, and Shana II is mediocre. Gundam 00 is a disaster waiting to happen.
I'm not sure about fewer, but I agree with inferior. In 2006, I thought there were three masterpieces: Simoun, NANA, and Suzumiya Haruhi. This year, only ef - a tale of memories might be in that category. In the "excellent" category, I can only think of Blue Drop (which is extremely good up to today's second-last episode) and Lucky Star. But everyone has different tastes. And even when I look at an upcoming season (such as January's) and see little promise, something very watchable always seems to show up. I've just done a full preview of all the new shows in my blog (link in my sig), with info about staff, cast, and story, and a pic for each show.

To connect this with DCII, I have to say this is a show that has exceeded my expectations. The mere fact that we can have these energetic discussions means to me that they have done something right. I also find KimiKiss and Clannad very enjoyable, although it took me a while to start really liking Clannad, and KimiKiss seems to move quite slowly.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 22:57   Link #612
changeup

Hmm, I have thought I am a minority but ....

Spoiler for lol...:

I would add both Kanon and Fate/Stay Night to that list. Granted, they might not be as good as their originals, but still stand out......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not sure about fewer, but I agree with inferior. In 2006, I thought there were three masterpieces: Simoun, NANA, and Suzumiya Haruhi. This year, only ef - a tale of memories might be in that category. In the "excellent" category, I can only think of Blue Drop (which is extremely good up to today's second-last episode) and Lucky Star. But everyone has different tastes. And even when I look at an upcoming season (such as January's) and see little promise, something very watchable always seems to show up. I've just done a full preview of all the new shows in my blog (link in my sig), with info about staff, cast, and story, and a pic for each show.

To connect this with DCII, I have to say this is a show that has exceeded my expectations. The mere fact that we can have these energetic discussions means to me that they have done something right. I also find KimiKiss and Clannad very enjoyable, although it took me a while to start really liking Clannad, and KimiKiss seems to move quite slowly.
Old 2007-12-21, 10:21   Link #613
ThoHell

Out of the blue is just rewatched Da Capo 1, this may be EXTREMELY late/slow on my part, but I just realized Da Capo 2 started the same way as 1. He saw a dream of a close childhood friend who he cared for and loved him, but in the end wasn't the one for him. Who else could be a possible match? They haven't showed Yoshiyuki really bonding with anyone else besides Koko, unless you count Mihara, but I don't think that relationship is going to happen.

Also, how old is Sakura? 70? If so, she doesn't look like it......

Last edited by ThoHell; 2007-12-21 at 10:32.
Old 2007-12-21, 10:42   Link #614
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Out of the blue is just rewatched Da Capo 1, this may be EXTREMELY late/slow on my part, but I just realized Da Capo 2 started the same way as 1. He saw a dream of a close childhood friend who he cared for and loved him, but in the end wasn't the one for him. Who else could be a possible match? They haven't showed Yoshiyuki really bonding with anyone else besides Koko, unless you count Mihara, but I don't think that relationship is going to happen.

Also, how old is Sakura? 70? If so, she doesn't look like it......
That is where development comes in. We have plenty of other potential candidates going for yoshiyuki, most obvious one next to Koko is the girl saying "onii chan onii chan" all the time
When it is sure that koko is out of it, then the next pair can begin to develop.

And I wonder why sakura is still loli *wink*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 10:56   Link #615
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
That is where development comes in. We have plenty of other potential candidates going for yoshiyuki, most obvious one next to Koko is the girl saying "onii chan onii chan" all the time
When it is sure that koko is out of it, then the next pair can begin to develop.

Yeah, I thought of that "onii chan" calling candidate too. She did show a little sign of jealousy or something towards the very beginning when seeing Yoshiyuki being surrounded by all his girl friends (just friends). That would fit in with the way D.C. 1 developed. But they might have went away from the whole unrelated by blood sibling relationship, if not it's gotta be one of those Asakura sisters.
Old 2007-12-21, 11:06   Link #616
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
If he indeed ends up splitting up with Koko and gets lucky with another romance, i think it would more likely be with the "Otouto-kun" saying sister, and i think she is more "obvious" than Yume, though that doesn't say much as neither are sufficiently "obvious" . While the screentime Yoshiyuki and Otome have shared is very brief, their interactions are kinda powerful and flow nicely. All that said, we still need to see what happens with Koko ... maybe he somehow manages to fix things.

Quote:
I wonder that as well ... most likely tied to Sakura tree still being alive. I am sure we are bound to find out sometime.
Old 2007-12-21, 19:06   Link #617
changeup

There are only 2 episodes left. Barring extremely dramatic turn of event, Yoshiyuki will either end up with Koko, or maybe Minatsu......

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-12-21 at 19:27. Reason: Do not under any circumstances post <that stuff I deleted> in this thread.
Old 2007-12-21, 19:26   Link #618
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
There are only 2 episodes left. Barring extremely dramatic turn of event, Yoshiyuki will either end up with Koko, or maybe Minatsu......
Seems you missed the last few pages of this thread, where we discussed the fact that there are, in fact, more than just 13 episodes to this show. It's just split into parts.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 19:35   Link #619
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
If he indeed ends up splitting up with Koko and gets lucky with another romance, i think it would more likely be with the "Otouto-kun" saying sister, and i think she is more "obvious" than Yume, though that doesn't say much as neither are sufficiently "obvious" . While the screentime Yoshiyuki and Otome have shared is very brief, their interactions are kinda powerful and flow nicely. All that said, we still need to see what happens with Koko ... maybe he somehow manages to fix things....
On the official site's characters page, Otome is listed first, even though her seiyuu (Takagaki Ayahi) is a new seiyuu in the past couple of years, and less well known than Yume's (Horie Yui) or Nanaka's (Chihara Minori). Koko's seiyuu (Nanjou Yoshino) is also quite new, but not as popular as Takagaki Ayahi has suddenly become.

But two episodes doesn't seem enough for him to actually switch girlfriends, only enough for him to separate from Koko.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 08:08   Link #620
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
I finally watched episode 12. Did I miss something important? any spoilers?
Personally I think that the main problem with D.C.II is that the authors are trying to fit the story into 13 episode show at the expense of logic and common sense. Actually I started watching D.C.II w\o knowing the background and i felt fine but now it appears that there's a fundamental story behind this anime.
However they created a 100% nice boat situation and its only because Koko is very kind by nature Yoshiyuki lives through that day.

Speaking of our earlier talk about Sakura and sakura tree, I did some research and found quite a lot of interesting stuff. There's a lot to read and at the moment I dont have much free time.
It appears that it's easier to understand the situation around Sakura than who Suginami is.
Skyfall
Quote:
Somehow i think it would be too simple to have Sakura be behind its revival ...she has little reason to.
I think she has a lot of reasons to --> see Yoshiyuki. Only it appears it works a bit differently from what i thought before.

As a side note, Koko *always* (relentlessflame?) wears cute white knee-high socks. Is it like her lucky charm. Well in the anime it surely doesnt work.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen