AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-23, 00:06   Link #761
Snuffle
likes cute things

LOL, actually I wanted Otome too but she wasn't there (in the store) . But since I'm a friend of the store owner, he is gonna try to get her for me and the rest of the chars, I told him I wanted the whole set . Koko was there but well... ahem, she wears black if you know what I mean, not really fond of black. But! don't get me wrong, I will eventually get her as well as the rest
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 00:30   Link #762
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
LOL, actually I wanted Otome too but she wasn't there (in the store) . But since I'm a friend of the store owner, he is gonna try to get her for me and the rest of the chars, I told him I wanted the whole set . Koko was there but well... ahem, she wears black if you know what I mean, not really fond of black. But! don't get me wrong, I will eventually get her as well as the rest
Apparently I'm a bit slow tonight -- it took me a good few minutes to realize what you meant by "she wears black". I was like, "wait a minute, they're all wearing their school uniforms, aren't they?"... and then it hit me...

(I can say, though, that they're only being true to the game in that respect too... It's somewhat of an in-joke in the game and industry nowadays about that character archetype. )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 04:38   Link #763
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I don't get it black, like black leather, or what.(maybe Im to tired at the moment.)
Could you post a link to that pic please.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:48   Link #764
Snuffle
likes cute things

Ya they are staying true to the game lol .

I don't know where I could find a pic to show you what relentlessflame and I are talking about, maybe he would know? (I personally took that pic of Yume btw, that's my wall and you can slightly see Company of Heroes game there ) Hmm maybe a hint would be NSFW?
Old 2008-02-23, 13:01   Link #765
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I don't know where I could find a pic to show you what relentlessflame and I are talking about, maybe he would know?
The easiest is to grab an example from the game. Though it's hard to find one that works without being too... um...

Spoiler for Koko in D.C. II S.C. (NSFW):
It's not exactly what's modeled on the figure, but you'll see what he means...

Anyway, this side-topic brought to you by Kotobukiya in their quest to keep their figures as true to the original as possible down to the little (important?) details.
Old 2008-02-23, 13:07   Link #766
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I find myself staring...

Curse you

(I like black though )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 13:30   Link #767
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I find myself staring...

Curse you
Nice boat, huh?

You probably already know, Deathkillz (<_< >_> ), but in case anyone else wants to know...
Spoiler for why Koko wears black ("the joke")...:
Clearly, this is critical knowledge that will greatly benefit you as you seek to better understand the D.C. II anime. Yes, clearly.
Old 2008-02-23, 13:39   Link #768
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
It is quite a common, running cliche for romances that osanajimi types are...*cough*

Well, we do know that most shy characters have split personality disorder - some more severe than others actually, but koko does well to hide that fact

I can only imagine her inner thoughts...S&M and such...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 18:29   Link #769
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Wooooooooooooooooot

Rap* me, hit me, kick me, give me animal and street names.
Old 2008-02-24, 01:12   Link #770
Snuffle
likes cute things

/me curses power supply that dies on me and making me have to go buy a new (but better!) one.

@relentlessflame: lol, interesting pic you chose there, I think that's actually the "safest" one to show

@mangalowres: dude, I have no clue what you're saying but it sounds funny

BTW, is there a date for the second season? I only remember that it's in April.
Old 2008-02-24, 02:54   Link #771
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@relentlessflame - Nice pic *runs off to stem nose bleed*
Old 2008-02-24, 03:00   Link #772
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
BTW, is there a date for the second season? I only remember that it's in April.
Because they mention Chiba TV on the website, I'm going to bet on Sunday, April 6th at 11:30pm. That would be taking over the timeslot that D.C. II last occupied on that station, and is now being filled by Starchild's Zetsubou-sensei s2. There's a possibility that it might air a bit sooner on another station, but it'll almost definitely air by that time.
Old 2008-02-27, 10:41   Link #773
KBTKaiser

What I fear, though, is that they're gonna stuff in the D.C.II P.S characters in somehow...another 3 characters and their support cast all of a sudden might wreck the pace.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 15:46   Link #774
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
What I fear, though, is that they're gonna stuff in the D.C.II P.S characters in somehow...another 3 characters and their support cast all of a sudden might wreck the pace.
I could see maybe a few little cameos, but I doubt they'll spend much time on them. They've been pretty clear in establishing that the D.C. II anime would focus on the six main heroines, and the castlist still only lists the main crew (with a key exception!). I guess you could say "they're keeping it a surprise", but I don't know... I certainly agree that they have enough to deal with by focusing on the main six.
Old 2008-02-27, 17:54   Link #775
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I just prefer black lingerie....... maybe its best I just don't try to analyze that.

Well, I've actually managed to stick with the series though I don't know how I'd rank it compared to, say, KKPR or True Tears yet (or that I'd even rank it --- not really much for ranking). Well definitely keep an eye on the "second act" though.
Old 2008-02-27, 18:02   Link #776
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I was like 'KKPR'? What the heck is that? Then it dawned to me... KimiKiss. First time I've seen it abbreviated like that, which is weird since I hang around that show's forum a lot. lol

And I do agree as I said before, DC2 was just lost in a sea of good romance anime. It's a decent show in its own right, but IMO no chance at all agains the heavy hitters of that season (Clannad and KimiKiss).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 18:13   Link #777
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

They've made a good work till now, so I'll hope for the best.
And we will see it in a few month so be patient
Old 2008-02-27, 18:20   Link #778
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And I do agree as I said before, DC2 was just lost in a sea of good romance anime. It's a decent show in its own right, but IMO no chance at all agains the heavy hitters of that season (Clannad and KimiKiss).
Yup, I really feel that it'll only be in considering the second season that we'll get a good sense of the overall quality of the show. The first half was quite decent, but it certainly gives the sense that "the best is yet to come" (considering that the Da Capo ties have yet to be addressed). Actually, I suppose it wouldn't be all that different than if Kimikiss had gotten arbitrarily cut up at the 12/13 episode mark. In general terms, the first half of 2-cour shows are okay, but it's the second half that really makes the show. So, I will certainly consider things in that light.
Old 2008-02-28, 02:14   Link #779
CooKie D.

Nice pics as always relentless, let's hope Otome isn't sad on the calendar pic cuz she got shafted again for the second season (which does start on April lol)

Here's more images,I'll just spoiler tag 'em

Spoiler for more pics:

I'm also looking for larger versions of these anybody got 'em?
Spoiler for looking for these:
CooKie D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 13:27   Link #780
Snuffle
likes cute things

What's Miharu doing with Minatsu?

Must... Have... Higher res version of Naughty Nanaka (would be perfect if those were cat ears lol).

Something I noticed about that first pic... All of the main girls poses are the same pose they have in their figurine . Well... I've only personally seen Koko and Yume, but since they are the same, I would asume the rest of them are .

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen