AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 15:59   Link #21
Fox

It's Uchuu Keibitei(sp), not Keisatsu, though. More like the National Guard or Army than police, is the way I've seen it described, like here: http://www.osk.3web.ne.jp/~stein/brave/1991/justice.htm although I can see where you're coming from if you're comparing it to the Japanese SDF.

Now the Kaisers on the oher hand, they're police. Uchuu Keisatsu. The Dagwons also fit under that, but apart from those two teams and J-Decker, which is human-built AI robots, there aren't any other police teams. You can take a look around that BraveBots site to see just what all the teams are.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 17:05   Link #22
baangaan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Might Gaine is plainly in its own universe though. I haven't watched Goldran so I don't know if there were any cameos there. As far as Dagwon, none stick out in my mind, but it's been a while since I watched it. And lastly I haven't noticed any cameos yet in GGG, but I haven't watched ahead of the fansubs.
That's interesting! I didn't know there were those sort of cameos in the older shows.

I know of some mecha cameos, though I'm not sure if they'd count. In Might Gaine, one of the enemies in the second half of the series is basically Draias without the animal heads. He even mutates like Draias does IIRC. In J-Decker, the British Brave Police are just recolored versions of the Divers from Might Gaine. In Goldran, a robot called Revivalon (or Revi Baron.. it's hard to maintain the pun in English), appears briefly and is composed of Red Geist's head, Hiryu's body, and Goryu's jet nose. Also, IIRC, the names given by Wolfgang to Hiryu and Goryu are "Sonic" and "Altas", respectively, shortened versions of their corresponding Transformers names ("Sonic Bomber" and "Dai Atlas")........... hehe.
baangaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 17:54   Link #23
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Wooo, first GGG thread ever

Way too much to possibly reply to it all... Hrm.

ComXERO:
Lune/Rune/Rene (not sure how we're gonna romanize it yet, no, I don't always follow the official names) only appears in GGG Final, and possibly manga/radio drama/etc... no mention of her in the TV series that I remember.

Keitaro:
You can find GGGF on HK DVD that I know of, currently (aside from the R2s)

Invoker:
Glad you like it, it's probably my favourite show of all time. How else do I work on it for 3 years+ now without getting sick of it?

Radd:
I keep hearing new rumours and stuff, and thus far it never pans out. We can hope tho!

Melazoma + exedore already settled things...

Invoker:
Wahhh... it gets nuts soon. Get ready for some backstory on Soldat-J, and the Trinary Solar System in general coming up

Baangaan:
Yeh, I guess they're also referred to as the Brave Saga (independantly of the games). Also, the cameos in GGG mostly have to do with the little in-jokes of the staff, similar to what they do in most shows. You won't really find any REAL cameos that I can remember.

Everyone:
Sorry for the long delay between 36 and 37! I expected to have timed scripts to work on while in Europe and the guy bailed on me, so I had to start alot later than planned. GGG 37 will be here ASAP! (just waiting on final edit and QC)

Ciao everyone, glad you're enjoying the show!
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 03:14   Link #24
Trickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb
Wooo, first GGG thread ever
This is why I'm quite disappointed that there isnt a series overview in the first few posts. I know most people will just zelously state I should have gone to animeinfo.org etc, but all the wows and meca comments in the first few posts lead me to think it was worth risking a 700+meg 1-4 download on this.

I'm used to disappointment. I dislike most anime. Its normal not to be interested in all types. I'm just annoyed that about the only comment so far to distinguish this as a children orientated anime was the "care free" comment above.

I like my meca series, but I like them much more serious than this.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 06:53   Link #25
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
I watched Gaogaigar until episode 37 and I really want to see the last episodes
but I coudlnt find them and here in germany its not possible to get the dvds
Wolfslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 09:59   Link #26
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickle
I'm used to disappointment. I dislike most anime. Its normal not to be interested in all types. I'm just annoyed that about the only comment so far to distinguish this as a children orientated anime was the "care free" comment above.

What can I say. It takes a while to get to the more adult-oriented area of the show, but then again, it's also a Super Robot show, and a classic hero-story at heart, so it'll never appeal to everyone.

I liked it from the beginning, but it was latter half to two-thirds of the series that cemented it as my all-time fave.
Old 2004-09-05, 02:04   Link #27
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Gaogaigar is truely a bible of "brave"/"courage".

Each time your hear Guy screaming moves, your blood boils. Soon you'll get hooked with it.

OP is sooooo damn rocking good.

I look forward to have more installment of Gaogaigar.

Spoiler:
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 20:34   Link #28
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

BTW - for everyone who cares, just came to my attention that MAHQ is adding a Brave Saga section...

http://www.mahq.net/animation/brave/brave.htm

First up I guess are reviews of GGG 1 and 2.

~~~!
Old 2004-09-08, 15:55   Link #29
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
This is why I'm quite disappointed that there isnt a series overview in the first few posts. I know most people will just zelously state I should have gone to animeinfo.org etc, but all the wows and meca comments in the first few posts lead me to think it was worth risking a 700+meg 1-4 download on this.

While Takara probably wanted a show aimed at children who would buy their toys, the show is of such quality that I have a hard time pinning it as a 'children's show'. Most of the people I know that love GGG are oldschool Transformers fans the youngest of wich are in their mid 20's. I see it as more of an all-ages sort of show. I imagine others feel the same way.
Old 2004-09-08, 17:35   Link #30
Trickle

I'm an old school Transformers fan myself (first couple of series + the movie at least), but didnt quite get the same sort of feeling from the first two eps of this series.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 15:45   Link #31
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
I'm an old school Transformers fan myself (first couple of series + the movie at least), but didnt quite get the same sort of feeling from the first two eps of this series.

Unfortunately, if you go back and watch the original G1 Transformers show these days, it doesn't really hold up to how one might remember it. There are some good episodes, but most of them are even more childish than stuff you'd see in GGG, minus the humour, drama, style points, and most definitely minus the animation quality.

This is even more pronounced in the Japanese Transformers shows, wich were aimed at a much younger audience than it's American counterpart.

There are differences, of course, GGG has an over the top theme of heroism, and it is a 'monster of the week' show, though one that has an ongoing story that is built upon with every episode. The result is a show that feels very episodic, but actually isn't.

You do get more of that Transformers 'feel' later on, as more of the Braves are introduced, however it remains a different show, just in the same genre.
Old 2004-12-29, 20:36   Link #32
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
wow, people are so negative about one of the best Super Robot series ever created! They just can't apretiate a genre like this.

Anyways, yay for a new episode!
EV|RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 09:42   Link #33
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV|RockLee
wow, people are so negative about one of the best Super Robot series ever created! They just can't apretiate a genre like this.

Anyways, yay for a new episode!
Yay for new combinations of Rescue team and Buliding team counterparts!(Through it will be in the next episode......)

Yay for the Goldion Hammer action, too!(Hammer them straight to hell!)
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 18:48   Link #34
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
GaoGaiGar by Mediablasters

What many thought to be impossible has now come to pass. Does this open the floodgate of Brave Saga shows? Express your hot blooded passion in this thread and dream of what might be. Vol 1 comes out later this Fall in R1.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 19:54   Link #35
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chicken!
What many thought to be impossible has now come to pass. Does this open the floodgate of Brave Saga shows? Express your hot blooded passion in this thread and dream of what might be. Vol 1 comes out later this Fall in R1.

My spirit is burning! Will be buying the shit out of this.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 20:06   Link #36
KBTKaiser

DVD release, SHOUNIN!!!!

If this allows all the other shows and even the Eldran into the US, we have a winner!
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 20:53   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Huh, I dunno why, but Media Blasters is the last company I expected to get the licensing to GaoGaiGar.
Old 2006-04-19, 21:26   Link #38
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
At least we know:

FIANL FUSION.....APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 03:15   Link #39
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

OH MY GOSH they need to DROP this title. they are already struggling financially i assume. they need to hurry and release school rumble to get back in the black.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 09:27   Link #40
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

I'm really guessing Banrise and Takara decided to drop the stipulation of a package deal.

Mostly because no other announcements have been made, but also because IMO it really is a stupid stipulation that maybe only Bandai USA and Geneon USA could afford to handle at this point, and AFAIK they've shown no interest at all.

But even if the stipulation wasn't dropped, I'm unsure if the deal also states that the other shows have to be RELEASED. They could just be sat on.

Finally, Hasbro an Takara have a long toy relationship *cough*Transformers*cough*, and I could imagine that Hasbro might've chimed in on this to get the ball rolling. As much as I love the show, I don't know how big the market for it is without kids and toy support?

And a TV showing? Eh... I'd generally say no to this. But if they're supporting it with toys, that's something else. Yes, it's fairly US-friendly in the way that there isn't much blood or person-to-person violence, but who knows if it would be something that kids here would watch?

Much to think about, however vol 1 hits just in time for back to school >.>

Tags
action, mecha, super robot