AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 14:50   Link #12941
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
The OP for episode 2 or the second OP for episode 7?
There is no second opening for EP7. So what do you think?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:52   Link #12942
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
2nd OP for Episode 1. (at least i think it got released with EP1? it wasn't EP2 OP for sure, it doesn't appear in the game, you can only view it in the musicbox)
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:52   Link #12943
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
There is no second opening for EP7. So what do you think?
Well, I think you need to be a little less rude, whenever I post anything you have no polite way of posting back. "2nd OP" is ambiguous, so I just wanted to clear it up. In all seriousness, I am tired of you trying to start a flame with me every time I post.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:52   Link #12944
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Almazluverdis3
Man, I don't feel like discussing EP7 anymore. I want to discuss older games. No offence.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:53   Link #12945
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
2nd OP for Episode 1. (at least i think it got released with EP1? it wasn't EP2 OP for sure, it doesn't appear in the game, you can only view it in the musicbox)
Really? It doesn't work in my music box. Someone said it was because .avi files don't work with Onscripter. So I just assumed that was why it wouldn't play.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:54   Link #12946
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almazluverdis3 View Post
@ Oliver- Exactly. The work place. Besides, George will not be able to hold it for three years.

Eva: George, there are (insert cost of ring here) missing off your bank account. Why?
TWO HOURS LATER

Ushiromiya George was found dead in his father's office.
Please don't be too silly, there are limits. George is 23. He may be living with his parents, but he is legally an adult, works for his father's company, and quite definitely has his own money. Eva definitely isn't counting the coins in his purse because she simply can't.

But imagine that no mystery murder happened.

George, Eva and Hideyoshi come home after a long and unpleasant talk wherein George declared he's up to marry a maid of the head house. After being badgered for hours by her husband and the other adults who see nothing wrong with that... so the guy has a maid fetish, who doesn't... except Natsuhi, that is, who thinks it's a blow to the honour of the Ushiromiya family, Eva finally said she has nothing against this marriage, and even hugged her son's future bride... hard enough to break a rib or two... but is she actually happy with that? Oh hell no. She can't say anything openly now, but she starts communicating to George with written notes on the fridge which are dripping acid instead of ink...

This can go very bad very quickly, and Hideyoshi would be very unhappy. This cannot get discharged by Shannon slowly getting Eva to like her, for the simple reason that Shannon is not around just yet.

On the other end, back on the island, Natsuhi thinks about it. She is very much against Shannon jumping so much above her station. She can't simply fire Shannon because then there's nothing stopping Shannon from ratting out the Kinzo Phantom Conspiracy, she can't punish her for the same reason, and she can't condone that.

The first thing that will happen is Shannon being prevented from any contact with Jessica, lest Jessica also gets any of those silly ideas and declares she wants Kanon in the family. That can't end well.

And George can't be stupid enough not to anticipate that. He needs a plan to deal with this mess. My plan would be presenting Eva with an inarguable fact - a marriage certificate - and starting a new household immediately, however small it might be. Eva can then accept her role as the future grandmother or ...not. After all, doesn't Shannon have enough money saved up? More than enough to play housewife for three years.

Quote:
Do we actually know he lives with his parents though? I don't remember anything implying that.
Yes we do. Battler says this is so, George does not contradict.

EDIT: To be precise:

Quote:
"To me, Dad and Kyrie-san, ......were people I would eventually split up with when I grew up and became independent. Since they're parents, it is fated that they would die before their children. ...It's just that it happened a little early...! ....But it's different for you, Aniki. You wouldn't have split up with your parents someday. ...You should have lived your whole lives together, ...and you've even lost Shannon-chan too, right...?!!"
Emphasis mine. I say this heavily implies George does not live alone right now.

EDIT EDIT: Ooh, more from the same scene:

Quote:
"Aniki, you were engaged to Shannon-chan, right? You promised that you'd build a life and a home together in the future, right?!
I wonder who exactly told him and when.

Quote:
He did say at one point in the episode 2 pre story that if people threw stones he'd treat as celebratory confetti. So I guess he takes criticism like a pro wrestler. Shannon and George would have to had a talk to plan all this stuff out or it wouldn't make any sense.
They need a detailed plan regardless of whether they want to announce their impending marriage in three years, or just announce that they married last Sunday, that's my point. I don't see a plan, or even recognition of the inevitable problems.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:58   Link #12947
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Quote:
Really? It doesn't work in my music box. Someone said it was because .avi files don't work with Onscripter. So I just assumed that was why it wouldn't play.
hmm weird, it does work in mine. well you can view it from the game folder anyway. doesn't change the fact that it doesn't appear in the game itself.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:59   Link #12948
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Yes we do. Battler says this is so, George does not contradict.
Battler says a lot of things that aren't true.

Quote:
They need a detailed plan regardless of whether they want to announce their impending marriage in three years, or just announce that they married last Sunday, that's my point. I don't see a plan, or even recognition of the inevitable problems.
Then we just have to assume one is there since it hasn't been written out for us.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:00   Link #12949
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

@Oliver- Jessica being influenced by Shannon. I can see a hangover coming from Natsuhi.
I don't think Krauss minds though, he thinks Kanon a good kid. But they have to dodge the bullet with Natsuhi, and they're good to go.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:04   Link #12950
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
I went back and installed my Umineko EP2. That OP .avi is in the directory with the movies so we know it existed at least as of EP2. It did not show when playing the game though. I didn't get the music box, unfortunately.

I think I did see it somewhere though, not just digging it out from the movies directory. Maybe it was posted as the new OP of EP2 on websites that announced the game along with the new portrait and screenshots back then.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 15:05   Link #12951
Oliver

Quote:
Battler says a lot of things that aren't true.
So he does. But that George goes crying after that makes me think he is correct in this case.

Quote:
Then we just have to assume one is there since it hasn't been written out for us.
Do we? It's not that it hasn't been written out, George doesn't even say he anticipates living past his announcement.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-07-05, 15:09   Link #12952
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Do we? It's not that it hasn't been written out, George doesn't even say he anticipates living past his announcement.
For all we know going into details about it might reveal something malicious about George's intentions and that's why it's never brought up.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:10   Link #12953
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Has anyone noticed that in the op for 7 in that one instance you see all the portraits; all 8. The 8th is extremely darkened, but there is something there. I wonder if we play around with the screen shot if we would see something.

Edit: If no one has done it yet. I'll give it a try.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 15:14   Link #12954
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Aren't we being a bit off-topic with music box thing? That can be posted in the merchandise or music thread.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:16   Link #12955
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

i tried, it's pretty much all black.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:16   Link #12956
Oliver

Quote:
For all we know going into details about it might reveal something malicious about George's intentions and that's why it's never brought up.
Well, maybe by pulling at this thread we might figure out what George might be up to, then.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-07-05, 15:18   Link #12957
Raiza Sunozaki

Seems like in the weekend I'v been gone, a whole bunch of shit happened. Dammit, I always miss the good stuff.
Anyway, the new Episode adrenaline has hit me hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm
I'm really interesting in seeing who these two new characters are. I don't mind if the guy is Dine and the other is his partner, or Beatrice. But to be honest I would love to be surprised and have it turn out to be completely different people.
I think because of the LIG discovery in the Episode 6 text, most people are assuming there's going to be an introduction to a Dine character in Episode 7. It would work, since Bern's probably going to need a new ally to do her bidding.
I'm more partial to the theory that it's actually Kinzo and Beatrice back from when they first met, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did get dragged into the fantasy mess, like how Ronove and Virgillia look like what Genji and Kumasawa might've looked like back when they were young.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 15:18   Link #12958
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
Has anyone noticed that in the op for 7 in that one instance you see all the portraits; all 8. The 8th is extremely darkened, but there is something there. I wonder if we play around with the screen shot if we would see something.

Edit: If no one has done it yet. I'll give it a try.

Good eye. The portrait on the right is completely black. And the other one that you can't see from this angle is the suit Beatrice portrait. So I think that's a frame for a portrait that hasn't appeared yet.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:19   Link #12959
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
I really think it's impossible to be Kinzo. Different eye colour, no eagle at all on his clothes.

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 15:23   Link #12960
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

call me insane but i thought it might be Kawabata. he has an anchor pendant and kinda looks like a sailor lol.

Spoiler for 8th portrait:
completely black.