AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-17, 10:39   Link #181
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I don't feel sorry for Shu at all!
Cut the guy some slack.
He was used by people all his life. Each and every person he knew stabbed him in the back one way or another. His sister, his mother, his friends, his squad, his schoolmates, every one just added one of their marks to his back.
Shu was still positive he wanted to help everyone by throwing away his identity. His tyrant act may have been looking bad, but he was nowhere near a tyrant level. He did prison people and create a system (by Yahiro and Co advice) but still he wasn't a tyrant. If he was even a semi dick like people make him be, then Argo wouldn't be alive this ep. Souta would be already long dead, and Shu wouldn't give a damn about anyone on school dying as Cannon Fodder.
What is interesting is where does this guy really have a breaking point, Hare incident shattered most of his resolve and *character* but this betrayal is one of its own level, unimaginable. If it was me then I would ask Inorimana to kill them all, or just move out of Japan and kill each and every person that got in my way trying to stop me.
But that would be a REAL person behavior, but this is anime so Shu will probably martyr himself becoming a secon Jesus of the show. Gai is Reincarnation bitch who just doesn't want to stay deaad, and Shu is moral Jesus forgiving everyone.

The only quirk I had about this ep was students pulling Assault rifles from air. The trio standing there and then pulling assault rifles from behind their backs was O_o. How did they take it out so fast from Arisa truck is beyond me, especially considering that Shu didn't see anything.
Old 2012-02-17, 10:40   Link #182
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
Hey Arisa is fine. I don't know who you mean by red-haired fag but I think every undertaker member except Shu and Inori needs to die.

I don't want Arisa dead until she tries the same thing with Shu in a desperate attempt to save her useless life. Then Inori could skin her slowly with virus-blade thingies.
No, it will be more awesome if she tried with Gai then Gai literally used her as a human shield. I actually half-expecting Gai to finish Arisa off when he appeared. Sadly, that wasn't the case. *Sigh*
Old 2012-02-17, 10:46   Link #183
Soji

Iwa Ite@ Good eyes.
Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2012-02-17, 10:50   Link #184
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Iwa Ite@ Good eyes.
Spoiler for just in case:
Watch opening carefully you can easily take the meaning out of it.
I already said it before, so did people post screens.
He sits there holding his hand.
Then Inori hugs him,
They get crystallized while he touches her with his right hand, then the crystals break and he becomes badass.

Same goes for ending.

Shu is groveling on ground, each and every of his *friends* disappear, then Inori shows up hug him, and run with him while pulling his hand, then getting to the end of ending Shu takes the lead and he is the one pulling her.
Also song text have a lot of meaning.

You have almost all story quirks in op/ed.

What I don't like is Haruka in opening, it gives me a feeling she will be somehow forgiven by her *I'm so sorry* laying on her back look.
Old 2012-02-17, 10:52   Link #185
Soji

Xaturas@ Yeah i know this about op and ed. the thing I wonder is how...I mean cristal=mana Inori well you say for yourself and then Shu. well anyway will be interesting see how all this will play out.
Old 2012-02-17, 10:55   Link #186
Crontica

Flawnalyst has already said all that i've wanted to say and more.

Hooleey shieet this episode was an out-of-control free fall of epicness, whatever the authors are drinking i want to have some of it!
Old 2012-02-17, 10:56   Link #187
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Xaturas@ Yeah i know this about op and ed. the thing I wonder is how...I mean cristal=mana Inori well you say for yourself and then Shu. well anyway will be interesting see how all this will play out.
You cannot be sure with GC, this story is a rollercoaster, it can be anything from Mana creating a hand from her crystals, to her cutting her own hand and placing it on shu arms, while she regrows another. To Shu getting crystallized and then breaking with new hand.
There just to many ways this can develop. We know the main story points but how it will get there is what the story is for. After all GC always had this *random plot device* poping left and right.
How he will get his hand depends on his mental status next ep. If he becomes a shell of a human then Inorimana will do something to take him out of it, if he doesn't then he will himself try to get the hand. Who knows they may even go try to get another void genome for him. (hmmm but thats not possible there was 3, 1 shu, 1 eybrow, and 1 visual novel character).
Old 2012-02-17, 11:20   Link #188
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Translated preview for episode 18 is up in the speculation thread from 4chan by TheEroKing. a couple of shockers in there.

Xaturas has a point about the opening and i fully believe it now after this episode. Everyone who has been crystallized fully shatters in dust and disappears. If the op shows Shu being hugged by Inori/Mana crystallizing then reappearing that could mean that he has in fact turned into what he was truly suppose to be, which means loosing his arm was necessary and Inori/Mana is the key and Shu is the lock. Like a butterfly enters its chrysalis and emerges a butterfly. It could be that crystallization kills normal humans because they do not have the right genome to evolve. But Shu once fully crystallized with the help of Inor/Mana will emerge a different being.

well i will stop there since this is really for the speculation thread.
Old 2012-02-17, 11:20   Link #189
prototype_sky

Turning on Shu at the end makes no sense since he wasn't going to be ruling over them once they were free . I hope the mood swing ends once he rebounds from this
Old 2012-02-17, 11:23   Link #190
inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow X View Post
Yes, most likely... since he needed an arm and he is the main character.
woah is that what everyone refered to when they said he'd get a new arm? lolol clearly i missed it when trying to see shu's new red hair and scarf lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And then the charging towards the tower scene...
Everyone had the same Boyd. There goes your creativity. Even the wrench was better.
And then, Shuu talks about not losing people.
HAH?!
There are students dying here!
And what is worse, from what is shown, he could have clearly destroyed all of the enemies on his own. What was the point of the blind student charge? He doesn't need backup. At least balance Shuu out a little so the scene makes sense, please.

My ARRRMMMmM!
MY KING"S POWERRRRRR!!!
Eh? That's more important than your arm? As expected of Shuu-sama~ (snort)
yea
that was the part of the show that made absolutely 0 sense.. we all knew from the beginning of the lock-down that shuu and his Funeral parlor Buddies had the power to destroy the tower thingy from the beginning so what waste time doing the unnecessary scheming/plotting/new world order crap when they could have
escaped way before Hare died?

clearly disappointed with the creativity of the episode cause all shuu needed was inori's void and he could've just wiped those mecha's out single handedly like we've seen him do countless times.

i really just want shuu to get his arm back and escape with inori to leave the rest to suffer at the hand of neo gai.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-17 at 23:11.
Old 2012-02-17, 11:43   Link #191
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Translated preview for episode 18 is up in the speculation thread from 4chan by TheEroKing. a couple of shockers in there.

Xaturas has a point about the opening and i fully believe it now after this episode. Everyone who has been crystallized fully shatters in dust and disappears. If the op shows Shu being hugged by Inori/Mana crystallizing then reappearing that could mean that he has in fact turned into what he was truly suppose to be, which means loosing his arm was necessary and Inori/Mana is the key and Shu is the lock. Like a butterfly enters its chrysalis and emerges a butterfly. It could be that crystallization kills normal humans because they do not have the right genome to evolve. But Shu once fully crystallized with the help of Inor/Mana will emerge a different being.

Sounds good, I want
Old 2012-02-17, 12:02   Link #192
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwa Ite View Post
Spoiler for Opening screens:
Thanks for these. I kinda had a hard time seeing what everyone else was seeing cuz the scenes in the OP go so fast and I couldn't find a version with sharper quality.
Old 2012-02-17, 12:08   Link #193
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
anyone notice that the shape and color of the sword are different once he pulls the sword using (Gods Hand) thats what im calling it till we get a real name lol
Old 2012-02-17, 12:08   Link #194
Soji

Quote:

This really make sense if we think about all this. Anyway we will probally see next ep afterall the op show that new arm + Inori void again the endlave ghost so.

Quote:
anyone notice that the shape and color of the sword are different once he pulls the sword using (Gods Hand) thats what im calling it till we get a real name lol
You're right and both of them seem to had the same color (minus the green thing) ...maybe they connect they own hearts?
Old 2012-02-17, 12:12   Link #195
Xaturas

Quote:
Yup was already mentioned in this thread.
Its sharper and less bend. Probably ultimate sword version.
Same as the different sword he pulled at the "shoot down satellite" episode.
Old 2012-02-17, 12:13   Link #196
Soji

^ Maybe Inori + Mana? lol I mean from this anime we can aspect everything.
Old 2012-02-17, 12:29   Link #197
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Yup was already mentioned in this thread.
Its sharper and less bend. Probably ultimate sword version.
Same as the different sword he pulled at the "shoot down satellite" episode.
i would seriously LOL if Shu pulled out the sword with his new hand then Gai showed up and before Gai could even open his mouth Shu says

"Ill be with you in moment"

Then looked up the sky and just threw the new sword into space destroying the orbital death ray satellite. Then proceeds to pull another sword out of Inori and then lookeds at Gai and says

"what now bitch"
Old 2012-02-17, 12:36   Link #198
Soji

^Inori/mana shue endless sword maker lol.
Old 2012-02-17, 13:03   Link #199
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

OMG, please, kill all these bastards....Poor Shu and Inori. The only one that I still like (except Shu and Inori of oucrse) are Segai and Ayase. Eveyone else can die and I really hope it will be the case.

The best end would be : Shu, Inori, Segai and Ayase alive while the other are dead. HAPPY END.

Oh and please, if there is a god here, kill this fucking Triton definitly, please...
Old 2012-02-17, 13:51   Link #200
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

There's not enough Segai lately, I don't like it...