AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 12:45   Link #781
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

*stops lurking*

Incredible episode.

This show really has some fantastic ways to end an episode. This completely topped last week's cliff hanger.

I'm slightly conflicted here on if I want to see either one or both of them survive. I know that's a bit of a terrible thing to say, but to see how one or both of their deaths effect everyone else would really be something to watch unfold.

Though I really do want them both to survive. If only the beetle could reach there a bit faster than the calculated time!
Old 2013-01-13, 12:52   Link #782
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow. That was real edge of seat stuff, when Hibito was walking away from Damian and you had the flashback with Damian's wife and son, I was thinking surely he's going to come up with a plan...

Before the ending, I had been wondering if the rips in the surface of the suit they kept showing would be significant.

Why can't it be next week already?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 12:52   Link #783
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode has to be one of the best of the series. First time there is so much dramatic tension in Space brothers. They even ended the episode on a cliffhanger worse than last week's. Can it be next week already?

Incidentally, is this the first episode that didn't feature Mutta?
Old 2013-01-13, 13:09   Link #784
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I thought of this too, but then they gave us a clever technological solution. Evidently future voice-to-text can recognize commas and capitalization?
And can translate Japanese into English.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 13:11   Link #785
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Aww come on! You build up our hopes, make me believe that they're going to be all right, then you drop that bombshell on us at the end!

Gaahhh!! I need to know what happens now!
Old 2013-01-13, 14:22   Link #786
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
And can translate Japanese into English.
If the general trend on the ISS is being followed, probably everyone defaults to English first since most of the crew is American, but the others have learned some Japanese to make it easier to work with Hibito.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 14:30   Link #787
Kirarakim

I am assuming Hibito can speak English.

Darn good episode but with what happens in the preview I am not sure how they can both get out alive.
Old 2013-01-13, 15:07   Link #788
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow, that was an amazing ep. Figures that Gibson is stuck in the same place as them. The voice to text tech was pretty cool. Of course Hibito wouldn't leave Damien like that. THough i was wondering how he was going to bring him up considering how he even got to Damien's location, and low and behold he falls himself. Why can't it be next week. Last week's cliffhanger was enough, this week's is too much.
Old 2013-01-13, 20:27   Link #789
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am assuming Hibito can speak English.

Darn good episode but with what happens in the preview I am not sure how they can both get out alive.
Yeah, come on - it seems self-apparent that Hibito would exclusively be speaking English in his situation. There's no way NASA would have picked him unless his English was fluent and not likely to cause any communications issues on a mission.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:33   Link #790
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

All I gotta say is....

I will seriously f**king cry if one of them dies. Hell, I was seriously crying when Damien told Hibito not to worry about him.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:45   Link #791
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
If the general trend on the ISS is being followed, probably everyone defaults to English first since most of the crew is American, but the others have learned some Japanese to make it easier to work with Hibito.
I know that. I was making a joke about how the show depicts everyone speaking Japanese 100% of the time, but they opted to make the chest display show the dialogue in English.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 10:37   Link #792
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy shit... just... Holy shit...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 18:35   Link #793
kitten320

Wow... stuff got serious... really did not expect that. I wonder what happens next. It is hard to believe that one of them dies but at the same time how will they fix air box?
Old 2013-01-17, 12:29   Link #794
Gravitas Free Zone

When I see the news about the Boeing 787's current maintenance woes, I can't help but think about how the aircraft is shown in Space Bros every time they fly to/from Japan. Figure by 2025 they'll have the kinks all worked out, but for now it creates a very small Funny Aneuyrism Moment.
Old 2013-01-20, 01:01   Link #795
Gravitas Free Zone

Considering how this series has often taken its time to explore its storylines from different angles, the most recent episode actually moved along at somewhat of a brisk pace.

It actually would have been a nifty for them to do it in real time, but there's only about 18 minutes of content per episode...
Old 2013-01-20, 01:30   Link #796
mpt37

Ahhh!!!! such a nail biting set of episodes. When an anime is this good the episodes end in no time but the week long wait is so long.

Spoiler for ep. 41:
Old 2013-01-20, 06:33   Link #797
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And so the lives of two astronauts are hinging on Mutta's understanding of his brother's nature of always wanting to be proactive and moving forward. Whether or not NASA will bet on an astronaut trainees hunch might very well be the determining factor.

Twenty minutes of oxygen left. In the end it almost feels like a Sophie's Choice scenario.
Old 2013-01-20, 07:07   Link #798
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And so the lives of two astronauts are hinging on Mutta's understanding of his brother's nature of always wanting to be proactive and moving forward. Whether or not NASA will bet on an astronaut trainees hunch might very well be the determining factor.

Twenty minutes of oxygen left. In the end it almost feels like a Sophie's Choice scenario.
If I were Houston, I wouldn't reroute the Beetle based on one astronaut trainee's hunch. If Hibito were following orders he'd stay put, and they have a flare to confirm the location of at least one living astronaut. It makes no sense to send the Beetle anywhere else.

I expect the Brian 3 to save the day. Hibitio will find it, and with it find O2, and thus be able to get Damian into the sunlight. Don't forget that once they're out of the canyon, he'll be in radio contact again.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 07:20   Link #799
ookamigirl

OMG! This was the most nerve racking episode ever!
Hibito and Damian just can't catch a break.
Those two were going through really tough times.
Hibito was very impressive and was giving it his all.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 07:51   Link #800
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If I were Houston, I wouldn't reroute the Beetle based on one astronaut trainee's hunch. If Hibito were following orders he'd stay put, and they have a flare to confirm the location of at least one living astronaut. It makes no sense to send the Beetle anywhere else.

I expect the Brian 3 to save the day. Hibitio will find it, and with it find O2, and thus be able to get Damian into the sunlight. Don't forget that once they're out of the canyon, he'll be in radio contact again.
Well protocol wise the instruction is to stay and wait for rescue, but that was the situation before the tank rupture. Getting out of the canyon is the only option for Hibito to get both of them out.

Obviously NASA doesn't know that and we can't blame them. On the other hand we the viewer can't help but know that chances are they'll have to break protocol to save the two's lives.

Tags
science fiction, seinen