AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-20, 09:34   Link #141
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Alright, I have a question here:

Why can't people see what's happening in episode 1? I mean those who watched the entire episode and still don't know that its an amateur student film. Its worse for those who deleted the video after watching 5 minutes or something.

Its good that theres people who didn't enjoy episode 1 but still watched and enjoyed episode 2. But the effect is totally different, without fully understanding the brilliance of episode 1, you miss a large portion of the story. Its one of the reasons why some people who have followed the show find the show confusing and hard to understand.

Why can't people see the brilliance and importance of episode 1? I'm sure those who understood episode 1 would rank it as one of the best, if not the best episode so far.
this haruhi's way of weeding the exciting special people from the boring normal ones

if they are turned off by ep 1, haruhi don't need them.
Old 2006-05-20, 09:37   Link #142
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Alright, I have a question here:
OK people this has gone on long enough.

Please have a look at the purpose of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
This thread is for those with questions about the Suzumiya Haruhi (also known as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) anime, novel and manga. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime, novel or manga.
Your question "Why can't people see what's happening in episode 1" isn't something that can be answered based on facts. While it may be a valid point of discussion, this thread isn't the place to do it.

Plus, the recent discussion has been centered around the posts from Kaioshin_Sama, which in all honesty in the context of this thread (and I must say, in the context of this forum), should be just treated as flame-bait or trolling. All I can do is suggest everyone stop replying and posting concerning the comments made. If someone doesn't like the show, fine, but it has nothing to do with the Q & A thread.

If there are further posts of this nature, they are going to be deleted since they are off-topic.
Old 2006-05-20, 17:41   Link #143
arias

Damn.. I wanted to post a new topic in this board but I don't have the privileges. This a sad day.. I wanted to pose a question and a poll to all of you fans out there, particularly those who have read the novels:

Quote:
Do you think Suzumiya Haruhi will be a tsundere?
Word definition of "tsundere" is given here (by kj1980): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29911
Old 2006-05-20, 18:40   Link #144
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Damn.. I wanted to post a new topic in this board but I don't have the privileges. This a sad day.. I wanted to pose a question and a poll to all of you fans out there, particularly those who have read the novels:
Hi ya.

Feel free to post a request for a new thread/poll here -- Requests for new threads -- Hope that helps. Cheers.
Old 2006-05-25, 16:57   Link #145
martino
makes no files now

Hi,

I live in UK and my Japanese is more like non-existent I'm so limited to the fansubbed releases and I want to know which way is it best to watch the series? In chronological order or the way it was shown on TV???

Thanks
Old 2006-05-25, 17:05   Link #146
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Hi,

I live in UK and my Japanese is more like non-existent I'm so limited to the fansubbed releases and I want to know which way is it best to watch the series? In chronological order or the way it was shown on TV???

Thanks
anyway you like.

I personally watch mine in the bathroom. but then again, im lazy.
Old 2006-05-25, 17:07   Link #147
Adigard

Quote:
Hi,
I'm so limited to the fansubbed releases and I want to know which way is it best to watch the series? In chronological order or the way it was shown on TV???
Well, if you don't enjoy the scatter-shot way that KyoAni is releasing the episodes, you're perfectly welcome to store the fansubs until the entire show has been released and then watch them in the correct order.

No one is forcing you to watch the show out of order after all ^_^
Old 2006-05-25, 17:17   Link #148
martino
makes no files now

Tempting to store them and not watch them!!!

What's up with this strange order anyway???
Old 2006-05-25, 17:50   Link #149
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Tempting to store them and not watch them!!!

What's up with this strange order anyway???
Most likely a homage to the original novel, since the novel also featured non-linear story arrangements (see here).

I'd just watch the anime in the order that they're aired. If you watch them in the correct chronological order, you'll end up finishing the main story halfway through and stuck with a bunch of filler stories.
Old 2006-05-25, 18:00   Link #150
martino
makes no files now

But will it make sense to me if I watch it that way as sometimes it takes a bit longer for me to figure out that the hell is going on?
Old 2006-05-25, 18:03   Link #151
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

That's a question nobody knows the answer to atm since the story has not been fully presented yet... I will try to watch the series in Haruhi order and see how it goes.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-25, 18:24   Link #152
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
But will it make sense to me if I watch it that way as sometimes it takes a bit longer for me to figure out that the hell is going on?
only way for you to truly understand it, is to look to the source. The novels.

*shameless Novel Translation Project plug*

Old 2006-05-25, 21:28   Link #153
Adigard

Quote:
That's something only you can answer. The show's half way over... has it made sense thus far? If you can't figure it out from watching the next episode previews, then maybe storing up the episodes isn't such a bad idea.

Personally I think most people in these forums would argue you'd be better off watching it in the method the creator's had intedned... but that's up to your personal preferences.
Old 2006-05-26, 05:56   Link #154
martino
makes no files now

So far I watched all the fansubbed ones in chronological order, which is kinda weird...well anyway it made sense so far. I guess I'll go and watch them in the "normal" order as you suggested. Thanks!!!
Old 2006-05-26, 06:56   Link #155
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
The best way is to put all episodes in windows media player and turn on 'shuffle' function.(you can do it with other video players as long as they can mess up the orders)
I do that everytime a new episode is out(of course, after watching the latest first)
Old 2006-05-30, 07:10   Link #156
passin'gass
Cropduster

Second Season?!?

This snippet in another forum really got me exited:

"...And clearly it was not the “last” episode as was intended in the number count.(Oh, KyoAni is so doing a second season, the sneaky bastards.)"...

Question is, can someone verify?
Old 2006-05-30, 07:13   Link #157
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass

"...And clearly it was not the “last” episode as was intended in the number count.(Oh, KyoAni is so doing a second season, the sneaky bastards.)"...

Well, I think the opinion here is quite divided. Some of us think that it is indeed a hint, others say that kyoani doesnt have time for another Haruhi season yet, they are busy with other new anime.

But personally I think theres a high chance for a 2nd season, as the show is very popular and theres enough material in the novels for at least 2 more seasons.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-05-31 at 12:50.
Old 2006-05-31, 06:55   Link #158
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:56.
Old 2006-05-31, 12:52   Link #159
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
So is she really an alien?
Who are you refering to?

So far the anime has revealed one alien and that is Yuki.

But there are other aliens in the novels, we will see one in episode 10.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-31, 16:52   Link #160
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass

I don't really understand that quote, but the last anime episode (timeline wise) is "Someday in the Rain", which sets the limit of the anime coverage to late November in the novel (any events occuring after that, such as December's Shoushitsu, Snow Mountain trip, etc. and beyond, are out of the picture). The director (Ishihara Tatsuya) himself confirmed that "Someday in the Rain" is indeed the final episode in the timeline series, so we know that the season is definitely ending with 14 episodes.

As for a second season, that's definitely a possibility. The "ending" of this season was quite open ended (then again, every story in the novel was open ended), so a second season featuring Shoushitsu (maybe even Inbou) as its main is perfectly plausible.

But possible or not, it's not going to happen anytime soon. With the Kanon remake coming up in Fall and lasting 2-cours (24-26 episodes) (Kanon will also be using key staff members from Haruhi, such as the director), Kyoani's probably not going to have the resources to work on a "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Season 2" anytime soon. Like I mentioned in another post, if they're going to announce something, they'll most likely do it at the end of broadcast (like JC Staff did with the Shana movie) (it'll be funny if they do announce a Haruhi movie though, 2007 will become an Itou Noizi movie festival ^^; ). Otherwise, you probably won't hear anything about Haruhi again until Kanon's nearing it's end (early 2007), if at all.
Closed Thread