AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 11:21   Link #21
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
so now all the doubts are clear that it was obito all this time and not some other dude with long hair or such,
now looks like some real action is to begin, the fight between obito and kakashi
its still not confirmation that the longhaired tobi was obito, but given this chapter, i'd have to think that it's all obito and kishi just doesnt have very good explanations for some things.

otito not relating or caring about fighting his mentor? yep. he didn't care...as told by this chapter

obito growing his hair, cutting it, then growing it and then cutting it for no real reason? yep

not really what i was looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
So Rin was killed because?.....
we'll find out in the next flashback that will reveal madara's setup of obito.

Quote:
And apparently Tobi never thought much about Minato and didn't consider him hokage worthy till after fighting him?.....
its the opposite. after obito became madara he didnt care anymore about anything apparently

Quote:
But there's hope for Naruto's intelligence if Obito can become smart overnight so can he....right?. We can hope at least.
this is actually one of the better explanations imo. obito didnt just become smarter. it was spiral zetsu who upgraded his intelligence. this boost can also partially explain his change in character. depending on how high his iq got raised it actually does explain quite a bit about the dissimilarities between obito and tobi
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 11:22   Link #22
Xagzan

So, guess we're not going to find out how the hell this kid was able to go toe to toe with Minato like a year after fully recovering, or why he ditched the Zetsu suit, or why he said he'd been waiting a long time for this when he hadn't, or why Rin was killed.

Wonderful.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 11:40   Link #23
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
its still not confirmation that the longhaired tobi was obito, but given this chapter, i'd have to think that it's all obito and kishi just doesnt have very good explanations for some things.

otito not relating or caring about fighting his mentor? yep. he didn't care...as told by this chapter

obito growing his hair, cutting it, then growing it and then cutting it for no real reason? yep

not really what i was looking for
what is wrong with cutting the hairs when it gets too long, the change in the hair length might have been shown to show the growth of obito, but looks like some readers took it the other way

and it was obito behind the mask all along, how much more proof do you require, now every single tiny and minute details are not told in the story, because some are understandable by the readers and i bet there is not a single story in this universe that explains every single and tiniest thing in detail
Old 2012-10-24, 11:58   Link #24
james0246

I don't really have much to say anymore about the flashback...

I will say, the mokuton jutsu Madara uses is pretty cool, and Naruto going full Kyuubi was pretty sweet. Other than that, I am just battening down the hatches for the bs Kishimoto is going to throw our way when Kakashi's flashback is revealed in a few chapters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
But there's hope for Naruto's intelligence if Obito can become smart overnight so can he....right?. We can hope at least.
When did any of Obito's action seem intelligent to you? He has yet to do a single intelligent thing as far as I am concerned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Did Kakashi manage to close his eye in the last page?
Kakashi has always been able to close his eyelid, he just can't turn off the Sharingan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

its the opposite. after obito became madara he didnt care anymore about anything apparently
Save for the fact that the first thing Obito did when entering Konoha is track visit Rin's grave (or he tracked down Kakashi, it is unclear what Obito's motivation was during the scene). Then when Kakashi left her grave, Obito violently threw away the flowers that Kakashi left on the grave.

For a guy supposedly devoid of emotion he is sure emotional...

(Not to mention his complete rejection of Yahiko's words.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
So, guess we're not going to find out how the hell this kid was able to go toe to toe with Minato like a year after fully recovering,
Why is this so weird for some viewers? It took Naruto 4 days to be at a level where he could fight and defeat an opponent with 4 hearts and 100 years of experience and it took him about an approximate amount of time to be able to fight a god, and let's not forget the few hours it took for him to master the Kyuubi. It took Sasuke a day to be at a level where he could fight against (not defeat) a "perfect" Jinchuuriki not to mention a slew of Kages, and now he is at a level where he can easily defeat any Kage. So, why is it so weird for another blessed individual to be able to compete against (not defeat) Minato.

Quote:
or why he ditched the Zetsu suit,
I didn't understand this as well. He seems to be much stronger in the Zetsu suit (since it gave him mokuton), so I am unclear why he abandoned it.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-24 at 13:48.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 11:58   Link #25
Sasukemaru
Banned

My questions...

Why did kakashi kill rin?
What happened to spiral zetsu?
How did obito grow in power so quick?
Was tobi behind yahiko's death?
Why do ppl think tobi is madara when he removes the mask?
Was there any point in tobi being so interested in sasuke?
So i guess the akatsuki rings weren't important?
How did tobi know danzo?
Why did tobi want to frame the uchiha?

I can go on and on all day...the worst part is not even 1 question was answered in this flashback....This chapter did diddly shit to advance the story or do anything at all, just a bunch of useless pictures with even more useless talking...

Easily one of if not the worst chapter in this long series...wow i could have skipped this whole weeks chapter and known just as much as ppl who read it...pathetic.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 12:35   Link #26
SeanQ

Omg thank you...tired of every chapter with Obito repeating he doesn't care about this world anymore. Now back to the fight =0
Old 2012-10-24, 13:52   Link #27
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Omg thank you...tired of every chapter with Obito repeating he doesn't care about this world anymore. Now back to the fight =0
Obito: "I will prove to you that I do not care about you or the world by fighting you one-on-one! And I will not use back-up, nor will I use my one-hit kill techniques or really anything that would end the match in an efficient manner that would prove that I had no emotional attachment to you...which I obviously don't! This is our final battle!!!...And there is no emotion involved at all...I swear...cross my heart and hope to die..."

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-24 at 14:23.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 14:08   Link #28
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Obito: "I will prove to you that I do not care about you are the world by fighting you one-on-one! And I will not use back-up, nor will I use my on-hit kill techniques or really anything that would end the match in an efficient manner that would prove that I had no emotional attachment to you...which I obviously don't! This is our final battle!!!...And there is no emotion involved at all...I swear...cross my heart and hope to die..."
"... and i didn't kill you and take back my eye becuase i don't care about eyes any more! Those hundreds of sharingan eyes i have are birthday present from Zetsu, i told him that i don't care about birthday presents but he gave them to me anyway because next time i didn't care to tell him that i don't care."

Well, this chapter didn't fix any of the plot holes, it's a disappointing chapter. At least there was some nice art: the kyuubi's chakra ball fired on the hokage monument (after the flashback about Obito's goal of becoming hokage) that blacked out the entire screen to tell us that Obito doesn't care anymore was cool.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 14:47   Link #29
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
what is wrong with cutting the hairs when it gets too long, the change in the hair length might have been shown to show the growth of obito, but looks like some readers took it the other way
might have, but that would have required tobi to have long hair when he fought minato

Quote:
and it was obito behind the mask all along, how much more proof do you require, now every single tiny and minute details are not told in the story, because some are understandable by the readers and i bet there is not a single story in this universe that explains every single and tiniest thing in detail
how about the fact that the mist was called the bloody mist before obito became tobi? and the possibility that madara planned the entire rin incident using the mist? also, if you read what i said it was this: "given this chapter, i'd have to think that it's all obito" which is exactly what you are doing and saying. the bottom line is that it wasn't proven yet that long haired tobi was obito even though it most likely is and some things just won't be explained well or at all
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 15:16   Link #30
Mateus

I wonder if Obito did something to Rin's grave, maybe exhumed her body so he could bring her back to life??
Old 2012-10-24, 15:40   Link #31
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I wonder if Obito did something to Rin's grave, maybe exhumed her body so he could bring her back to life??
Now that he knows how to do Edo Tensei he could even use zombie Rin against Kakashi. But if he had to resort to that it would be complete bullshit, since he has to be much stronger than Kakashi even without using the rinnegan.

BTW Gai had blood on his head in this chapter? Was he hit by Madara's jutsu off-panel?
Old 2012-10-24, 15:57   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Hadn't he taken a few hits XX chapters ago when fighting with Kakashi as Naruto's support?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:06   Link #33
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Now that he knows how to do Edo Tensei he could even use zombie Rin against Kakashi. But if he had to resort to that it would be complete bullshit, since he has to be much stronger than Kakashi even without using the rinnegan.

BTW Gai had blood on his head in this chapter? Was he hit by Madara's jutsu off-panel?
i think Obito took Rin's body with him didn't he? Since when did Obito know how to use Edo Tensei?
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:22   Link #34
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
i think Obito took Rin's body with him didn't he? Since when did Obito know how to use Edo Tensei?
Since Kabuto showed it to him before they went to war. For the Edo Tensei he does not need the body, only a DNA sample, like a hair.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:36   Link #35
Excelion

I'm expecting Edo Tensei Rin to tell us what really happened
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 17:44   Link #36
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Flashback does not reveal anything about the Uchiha massacre. It is really surprising that Itachi couldn't notice that the person he met with was not Madara but someone else.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:39   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

...And Minato was Obi-wan.
Old 2012-10-24, 21:13   Link #38
Xagzan

I thought Kakashi/Sarutobi/Jiraiya was Obi-Wan
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:45   Link #39
Alchemist007
*Author

Obito's a perfect Vader, fights his master.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:52   Link #40
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
I thought Kakashi/Sarutobi/Jiraiya was Obi-Wan
minato is a combination of obi-wan and qui gon jin. while naruto and kakashi is luke.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion