AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-02-04, 01:13   Link #141
coded321
He Who Games

anyone have any tips on how to manage excess common blades? i want to start opening new cores for the last rare blades, but i've hit the max # of blades at merc rank 5. at the same time i'm not sure which commons i should keep(all my commons have at least two field skills) any tips or advice?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 05:18   Link #142
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
For Chain Combos, it is difficult to do it by yourself. You usually need two people to do a combo.
Thats what I’m talking about. That’s why I said my other characters aren’t building their up their specials. For some reason they just aren’t getting any specials ready in time anymore and the chain meter ends before they have a special ready to continue the chain.
Old 2018-02-04, 20:29   Link #143
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

New post for time gap.

What’s the best way to get the boosters for bonding? I know you get plenty if you do plenty of salvage, but is that the only good way to get them?
Old 2018-02-05, 20:32   Link #144
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
anyone have any tips on how to manage excess common blades? i want to start opening new cores for the last rare blades, but i've hit the max # of blades at merc rank 5. at the same time i'm not sure which commons i should keep(all my commons have at least two field skills) any tips or advice?
Have each character have at least two of each element?
To be honest, once you get to grinding for your last Rare Blade, it's just a pain to manage them, so I just discarded all of the most recent ones. It's not like you really have a use for them, whether they are 1 or 4 stars, outside of field skills. (Yes, there is that Ball Maker ability, but you don't need to use that to beat the game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Thats what I’m talking about. That’s why I said my other characters aren’t building their up their specials. For some reason they just aren’t getting any specials ready in time anymore and the chain meter ends before they have a special ready to continue the chain.
Sometimes they build up really fast, sometimes they don't. Not sure what is up there.

Quote:
New post for time gap.

What’s the best way to get the boosters for bonding? I know you get plenty if you do plenty of salvage, but is that the only good way to get them?
The boosters that you use when opening up crystals?
The easiest way is to just release Common Blades of the element of the booster you want.
So like, if you are opening Epic/Legendary Crystals:
Open all Rare Crystals.
Release all Common Blades NOT of the element of the booster you want.
Release Common Blades OF the element of the booster you want, until you max out how many you have of that booster
Switch to Epic Crystals and use up all Boosters.
Release some more Common Blades OF the element of the booster you want, until you max out how many you have of that booster
Use them up on Epics.
Repeat.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 07:31   Link #145
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So what’s going on with my mercenary missions? For the past several days, many of my blades have stopped clearing nodes in their affinity charts from finishing mercenary missions. Their levels have all been unlocked, but after several whole days they just stopped developing their charts. It’s happening to both rare and common blades, and I know you can finish the whole affinity chart through mercenary missions because I’ve done it with many other blades before this started.
Old 2018-02-17, 08:15   Link #146
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You cannot clear every single affinity chart node with mercenary missions for some blades. Unique monsters, crafting, quests and stuff like that must be cleared the "normal way".
Old 2018-02-17, 09:28   Link #147
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

That’s odd because it did clear such nodes on several of my blades both common and rare for chart completion before a few days ago. I expected I’d have to clear them myself but the missions filled them out.
And there are many nodes on my blades that aren’t any of those (using _ special so many times and such) that the mercenary missions have stopped filling out.
Old 2018-02-17, 09:36   Link #148
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Regular nodes like use X specials or deal X damage can be filled in mercenary missions, but they are chance based, and fill progressively. They aren't as easy as kill X regular mobs.

But nodes like unique monsters and craft cannot be filled at all with merc missions, be it completely or partially.
Old 2018-02-17, 09:42   Link #149
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I’m talking about all nodes not filling, not just Special nodes. And this is after two days of mercenary missions with the same blades.

And I’m saying this is all odd because like I said, it has been filling unique monster/quest/etc nodes for me until now. But it’s not just those; it stopped filling almost all nodes on most of my blades unless it’s a new freshly summoned blade.
Old 2018-02-17, 10:24   Link #150
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm pretty sure you are mistaken about special nodes, because that has been thoroughly tested and confirmed in the official complete guide. It is especially true for quests because affinity progression for some blades is hard locked behind those.

And as I said, for regular nodes, it is chance based, and it isn't surprising the later nodes take a while to progress, or even not at all at times.
It took me like 20 3h expeditions to partially fill 1 damage node for a rare blade in their last affinity chart level. It could take 1 run or 30, it is just RNG that becomes increasingly harder over time.
If your blades are barely half filled and still don't get any normal node progression in merc missions, all I can say is that you were pretty unlucky, that's about it.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-02-17 at 10:43.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 18:49   Link #151
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Nope, definitely not mistaken. I’ve gotten many Nodes unlocked through missions including on my rares, and I even went back and compared them with the wiki info to make sure. I’ve completed many charts thus way, including question nodes which had expected to be done yourself.
I’ve never had to take that long for any nodes; the way I’ve been doing it is by spamming the 30 minute ones. Every other mission or so I wouldn’t get any progression on a blade, but I’d get a node or two (or three) on the next mission or two.

Maybe it was some kind of weird glitch? But now I have zero progression on any nodes from blades that aren’t brand new, so maybe the glitch went the other way. -_-
Old 2018-02-17, 23:12   Link #152
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

As far as I know, "X Damage in One Hit" is the only one for Common Blades that can't be filled with the missions. Blade Quest, Talks, and Defeat Unique are ones that cannot be filled for Rare Blades.
As for glitch or not, I think the only thing you can really do is record a video and upload it to show it. Otherwise, it only can be assumed you are mistaken somehow.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-02-23, 18:19   Link #153
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Merc mission node clearing is back to normal now, but now I have another issue. (not a glitch or anything)

After yet another round of crystals exhausted with no real results, how has everybody who has gotten all the rare blades done it? I’m using common blades with luck boosts and luck accessories to get my luck up as high as possible, though I barely have any luck booster blades because they just won’t pop from my crystals either. I’ve been using just enough boosters to make my desired element type higher.
So what did you guys do? Did you max out the Thought Chart first, wait til you had 3x luck booster blades?
Old 2018-02-24, 03:45   Link #154
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Merc mission node clearing is back to normal now, but now I have another issue. (not a glitch or anything)

After yet another round of crystals exhausted with no real results, how has everybody who has gotten all the rare blades done it? I’m using common blades with luck boosts and luck accessories to get my luck up as high as possible, though I barely have any luck booster blades because they just won’t pop from my crystals either. I’ve been using just enough boosters to make my desired element type higher.
So what did you guys do? Did you max out the Thought Chart first, wait til you had 3x luck booster blades?
For me:
Equip a character with 3 Luck-boosting Blades
Equip two Luck-boosting items
Open Rare Crystals without Boosters until you have no space left
Release all but the ones that give you the Booster you want to use
Open Legendary Crystals using 5 Boosters each time
Once you run out of boosters, release the remaining Blades you just got from Rare Crystals until you max out your Boosters again.
Repeat.
Common Crystals is just a waste of time, but if you run out of Rare Crystals, you can get Boosters by releasing Common Crystal Common Blades too.
Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat.

Old 2018-02-24, 06:36   Link #155
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot after I farm more legendary crystals. If only more luck blades would drop.......I’ve gotten only three luck blades (one on one character and two on another) in the entire time I’ve played this game. -_-
Old 2018-03-26, 18:48   Link #156
Applehell

I-I did it...

...After suffering for a month and half, 900+ rares and over 100 legendaries, going stir crazy throughout much of it, RNGoddess finally smiled down on me...

There was no way KOS-MOS anything was worth this much trouble nail-bitting madness, but I can finally put this all behind me. It still feels like a dream through somehow especially how close I came having to grind all those core crystals for her again until I got her with only 5 rares left...
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 19:27   Link #157
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I-I did it...

...After suffering for a month and half, 900+ rares and over 100 legendaries, going stir crazy throughout much of it, RNGoddess finally smiled down on me...

There was no way KOS-MOS anything was worth this much trouble nail-bitting madness, but I can finally put this all behind me. It still feels like a dream through somehow especially how close I came having to grind all those core crystals for her again until I got her with only 5 rares left...
great now get the NG+ blades
Old 2018-03-29, 12:42   Link #158
Applehell

I'm still on Ch 7, so it will be long time before get there.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 01:23   Link #159
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Homura and Hikari now both have their figures out for pre-order, coming out in December and February ‘19, respectively.
Old 2018-04-24, 01:50   Link #160
shadow1296

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/stat...13377046953985

we are getting t-elos