AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2006-02-12, 18:19   Link #41
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunny
Well, sorry for my stupid question but is there any English translation for the game so far?
No, and there probably won't be.
Old 2006-04-06, 02:24   Link #42
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
actually there is a site that is doing the translations here http://www.geocities.com/kgnetranslation/main.html

However, it'll likely be done when pig grows wings or when hell freezes over but its better then nothing.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 17:57   Link #43
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunny
Well, sorry for my stupid question but is there any English translation for the game so far?
no..it's impossible for a fan to translate because of how the game was coded by the designers
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 04:03   Link #44
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
no..it's impossible for a fan to translate because of how the game was coded by the designers
Actually, if you look at that page, it is possible. Just a lack of TLs.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 08:28   Link #45
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
Actually, if you look at that page, it is possible. Just a lack of TLs.
Actually, still highly doubt anyone will complete this seeing as it's script file is still around twice as large as most other titles of comparable length. As per the translation project linked, on average with native translation abilities, you're looking at about 4 months straight of translation and localization and then maybe another 6-7 months just to re-encode it back for in-game use formatting.

Now, gauging in the type of game and the inaccessability of the title legally outside of Japan overall, it'll be a bit more difficult to find any large scale group doing such work.
Old 2006-05-01, 08:55   Link #46
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Indeed while it's not totally impossible, a game of this scale is just too huge for any common fan group to complete. All the members of the group would have to have a ton of confidence, time, and determination to actually translate the entire game and those three qualities can be EXTREMLY hard to come by. Believe me I would like nothing more than to have this game translated in English, but at the moment this seems completely out of our league as fans to translate.

Who knows, maybe if "Rumbling hearts" is successful enough here interest in the game will raise and the games, both the ps2 and PC versions will be translated by professionals.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 12:31   Link #47
idofgrahf

I doubt professionals would do it as peach princess doesn't work with age. Like others said, the script is massive, its acutally very easy to extract and reinsert it but it'll take a long time to translate a script that is several megabyte in pure tex. (considering my long final paper is only in the kilobyte range)

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-05-03, 13:34   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
even though the chances are slim for the translation of the game i would love to have an english copy of it...but for the time being i can just play the game and just treat it as a VERY complicated story/picture book and randomly press stuff hehe...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 14:40   Link #49
idofgrahf

The dvd version works well with oh text hooker, even better if you have altlas v.11 installed on your computer

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-06-19, 16:32   Link #50
martino
makes no files now

So there are 17 endings to the game right?
Old 2006-08-09, 19:26   Link #51
TsubasaSeraphina

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
The dvd version works well with oh text hooker, even better if you have altlas v.11 installed on your computer
What is atlas v.11, and where do you get it?

I got text hooker, and I think I'm download the game, that is "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ~DVD Specification~", that is the dvd version of the game, right?

I really want to play this game, so I'm really hoping someone will be able to tell me what to do, like once the torrent finishes, how do you use text-hooker with it- or anything else I might need to know?
TsubasaSeraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 21:30   Link #52
Ace_Starleaf

Well, I'm sorry for being a devoited fan. If some people would get off their collective asses and give it a shot who knows what they can acomplish.

Don't knock a project just because of its size.

Once i get a year of study under my belt I should actually start produsing some results, so far it is VERY hard to translate using a dictionary, and no it has not discouraged me one bit, just made me more determined to actually finish it.

(and yes my spelling sucks, i'm not using a spell checker)

Last edited by Ace_Starleaf; 2006-08-09 at 21:40.
Ace_Starleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 02:48   Link #53
dogfaja

All I Can Say About The Series Specially The Ending........damn Its So Sad!! T_t
dogfaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 02:36   Link #54
NaruAc

just wondering ... how do you get to Mitsuke's timeline. Does it just come to you? or... do you have to work towards it? I'm currently at where we see Takayuki's work place the first time

o and how do you get the akane time line
NaruAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 13:50   Link #55
Question
Crossdresser

Tsukihime was eventually translated and a lot of people said it was impossible as well. It took a few years but the vast majority of it was because they had to re-do a whole lot of work (too many translators translating in different ways, etc). Same for Wind. I dont believe this to be impossible, but this guy may want to try and get others to help him...editor, testers, so on so forth. There is a site dedicated to visual novel translations. Im not sure if hes still checking his email but i will email him about it.
Old 2007-02-09, 19:47   Link #56
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Tsukihime was eventually translated and a lot of people said it was impossible as well. It took a few years but the vast majority of it was because they had to re-do a whole lot of work (too many translators translating in different ways, etc). Same for Wind. I dont believe this to be impossible, but this guy may want to try and get others to help him...editor, testers, so on so forth. There is a site dedicated to visual novel translations. Im not sure if hes still checking his email but i will email him about it.

Comparing KimiNozo's dialog file to that of Tsukihime is like comparing a Curious George book to a Tale of Two Cities.

KimiNozo, for a long, long time, had one of the largest dialog files in any game and it proved rather daunting for the 'professional' translators to do, which is why it had never been completed in the many years since it's release, despite wide-spread popularity.
Old 2007-02-11, 09:34   Link #57
Codine

ahh come on dark think positive about this translation, a lot of people are hoping for it to be finished so just route for it to be completed!
Codine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 11:27   Link #58
Majic
Haibanologist

Babel On

Hey, no worries! Just use Babelfish and you can get 'er done in a few days, tops!

"Haruka, only moon can be blender for cabbage in my pancreas."

Oh yes, that's the stuff.
Old 2007-02-11, 11:45   Link #59
Aradni

I wouldn't trust something that translates Taiyaki from Kanon as burning.
Aradni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 13:36   Link #60
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codine View Post
ahh come on dark think positive about this translation, a lot of people are hoping for it to be finished so just route for it to be completed!
I kinda lost hope on this when the 4th person to state that they'd work hard to complete it and wouldn't stop until it was done...that was around 3 years ago.

Tags
âge, bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, pc game, romance, visual novel