AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-12-09, 18:30   Link #41
Frontier

Just wanted to get off my thoughts on the Flash half of the crossover before tonights premier with Reverse-Flash .

The Flash half felt like an episode of The Flash, with Team Arrow only coming in several minutes later, and the addition of the Arrow cast leading to some nice character moments and hopefully some good character development for Barry. And Flash vs. Arrow was as awesome as I'd hoped it'd be .

And I never knew the Arrow-Cycle could fire arrows .

Comedy highlights of the episode included Felicity's wardrobe malfunction after running with Barry, Oliver and Barry's first training session, Diggle and Cisco betting on who would win between Arrow and Flash, and Diggle reaction to Flash. Heck, I'd say Diggle's reaction to Flash sold the episode .

Rainbow Raider/Prism was pretty much just an excuse villain to get Flash and Arrow to fight, and for Barry to let loose with his emotions, as evident by how the show never bothering to show the heroes catching him before throwing him into the Pipeline. But with that purpose, I'd say he served the episode well and the way his powers were portrayed and how they led to a GL emotional spectrum reference was neat. Definitely wouldn't mind him coming back to plague Flash again, and at least the Pipeline now has an occupancy of two .

First casual mention of Captain Singh of being gay, as well as having a boyfriend, and I wonder if his boyfriend is currently Pied Piper like in the New 52?

So Oliver's son, likely the Arrow-verse Connor Hawke, is in Central City? I wonder how long into season 3 until Oliver finally learns he's a father ?

And hey, Barry calls Oliver Ollie! I could've sworn Oliver's classic nickname's has been in Arrow at least once, but this was the most notable instance I've heard it being used, and it was definitely nice to hear!

Though on a sad note, Iris seems to have become completely disillusioned with Flash after his thrashing of Eddie in this episode likely coupled with some resentment from the Clock King incident. Not only that, but Eddie has the go for a Flash task force to hunt him down though considering they're probably not going to be very successful with that, I imagine it'll change to a general Metahuman task force eventually. Pretty bad way for the episode to end for Barry, and I hope he gets the chance to prove Eddie wrong and restore Iris' faith in him soon .

And Ronnie's debut as Firestorm was pretty cool too. Though I imagine that if he eventually gets a costume resembling his suit from the comics, it'll probably be less noticeable that he's bald when using his powers .
Old 2014-12-10, 11:32   Link #42
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

my reaction to this ep was basically:

ooh, not dr. wells. to: ooh, dr. wells. haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 13:27   Link #43
justsomeguy

Eddie's anti-Flash task force went down quick. He promised Joe to keep the existence of metahumans between them, but there's no way to keep that promise. Four officers died, no sane/competent department would not investigate, and the secret has to come out soon. Whether this episode's incident combined with Barry's testimony would be reasonable doubt enough to free his father remains to be seen.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 21:51   Link #44
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Spoiler for Non-sense reflection, HUGE spoilers and comic(s) content:
Old 2014-12-10, 23:46   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a top notch mid-season finale. Brought the biggest demon of Barry's past forward and they just couldn't handle this guy. When the Flash is losing the speed battles it's all over. Though might just be that he sucks at hand to hand combat.

But the best part was all the mystery that keeps on deepening. They gave us a lot and yet they gave us more mystery. Wells has that suit (did it turn from black to yellow for some reason?), but that doesn't answer everything. He was getting beaten by the Reverse Flash so he can't be that guy. Of course possible there are multiples, but then it just gets really confusing.

So did a Future Flash come back in time to try and stop this guy? If so where is that guy? But really it's just hard to figure. Maybe Wells wasn't a time traveler and got his computer and stuff from this guy and is just working to create a suit so he can do the same? Really Wells is just a mystery. He takes all these actions to safeguard Barry, but at the same time does all these mysterious things on the side.

It's just very confusing honestly. Regardless this episode was pretty amazing. Barry's conversation with his father, dropping the bomb on Iris at last, just getting owned by this Reverse Flash in that stadium (that guy has great showmanship), etc. Just great moment after great moment.
Old 2014-12-11, 02:44   Link #46
monster

I really hope Wells isn't the man in yellow or working with the guy.

But, assuming he is, then one possibility is that the man in yellow is Wells of the future, making it possible for the red lightning to be the Flash of the future, and also ties into the disappearance of the Flash in the future. The second possibility would be that machine Wells put allows him to control the suit and do some other trickery to make it look like it's an actual human being.

That said, assuming the red lightning wasn't the Flash of the future, then I'm thinking it might be Barry's dad. I believe he claimed to be the one to take Barry outside the house.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 23:33   Link #47
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Damn, powerful episode!

Yellow suit guy is one of the most ominous villains out there in TVland of recent years.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 13:03   Link #48
Frontier

Definitely an awesome and exciting mid-season finale for Flash .

The Wells reveal was obviously pretty big, despite a lot of people guessing that aspect of his character by the end of the pilot. Still, seeing him with a Flash ring and then the Reverse-Flash suit appearing definitely had me on the edge of my seat. Of course, it could just be even more misdirection towards Reverse-Flash's real identity, though mid-season finale's in the Arrow-verse do tend to reveal the true identity of the Big Bad by the end of the episode which this would definitely coincide with. Not to mention Reverse-Flash sounding like a distorted Tom Cavanagh, from my perspective at least, before Wells used the voice at the end. Whether Wells is truly Reverse-Flash or not, the fact that he's powering the Reverse-Flash suit finally concludes, in my opinion at least, that Wells is definitely not truly on the side of good .

Going with the idea of Wells as Reverse-Flash, it was pretty clever of him to work the word into his speech in STAR Labs...likely knowing full well it would lead to Cisco using that as his Supervillain codename and ensuring he's referred to by his future title. Though it does have me curious, both whether the Professor Zoom moniker will ever get used, as well as if in the original timeline (the one where Reverse-Flash didn't kill Barry's mother) Barry still worked with STAR labs and Cisco named all his villains? It would definitely be neat if we could eventually get a peek at the original timeline and how it might've been different .

Barry's fights against Reverse-Flash were quite the spectacle, both in the stadium and at STAR labs as Flash. Though as much as Barry put up the best fight he could, Reverse-Flash with more speed and experience was able to give him a pretty thorough beating. Barry will have to really step it up, both in terms of his powers and skill, if he wants to have any hope of standing up to Reverse-Flash. Especially when Reverse-Flash implies that he and the future Flash have been fighting for quite some time, and that he was able to always stay one-step ahead of Barry's future-self .

We also get to finally see Caitlin learning Ronnie is alive, but very much changed, which obviously shook her up and possibly in a worse state emotionally than when she thought he was dead. I wonder if the reason Ronnie seemed so weird and erratic, as well as adamant about how he wasn't Ronnie, because his mind and Martin Stein's have already fused like in the comics? And he also mentioned "Firestorm," his Superhero name, though I don't that was meant in the context of Ronnie naming himself. Looking forward to seeing how all these elements come together, as well as Ronnie properly becoming Firestorm .

Though Ronnie's powers were presented as just being fire-based, so I wonder when they'll get around to showing his transmutation powers?

Well, Barry finally comes out and tells Iris he loves her. I think it's good that the show finally got that out of the way, and it's definitely good for Barry to finally vent his feelings and stop tiptoeing around to an oblivious Iris while constantly being jealous of Eddie. Of course, Iris is probably not going to respond to his feelings right away, especially after agreeing to move in with Eddie. But having Barry come out and say it seemed to really stir her emotions, and she's likely quite conflicted over how she feels about him right now. I wouldn't be shocked if this might be the impetus for her starting to reevaluate her feelings for Barry.

Though considering how oblivious Iris had been to Barry's feelings, to where she was the very last person in the entire cast to figure it out (not to mention having to be told about it), she might want improve on that if she's ever going to become a decent reporter. I don't think even Lois Lane was ever that oblivious .

And now Eddie finally knows about the Metahumans, and time will tell what this will lead to. At least the incident with Reverse-Flash might get him to start changing his opinion on the Flash, and maybe repurposing the task force to deal with or attempt to contain Metahumans instead. Though there's also the mystery of why Reverse-Flash didn't kill him, possibly because Eddie's his descendant in the future (classic Reverse-Flash is known as Eobard Thawne) and can't exist in the future if he's dead .

Glad they brought up the possibility of another speedster having been there the night of Barry's mom's death. A future Flash and Reverse-Flash were likely fighting each other at the time over Nora's life. Flash is probably the one who got Barry out of the house before his mother was murdered. I think it's a likely possibility that the finale will feature the fight in its entirety .
Old 2014-12-15, 16:58   Link #49
GDB

Was it a Flash ring? My first thought was a Legion of Super-Heroes ring and haven't been able to check since then.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 17:14   Link #50
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Was it a Flash ring? My first thought was a Legion of Super-Heroes ring and haven't been able to check since then.
Yeah it was a Flash ring as there was a lightening bolt on it.
Old 2014-12-16, 17:03   Link #51
Nerroth
NePoi!

Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-10, 01:39   Link #52
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-12, 11:38   Link #53
james0246

Mark Hamill will eventually make an appearance as The Trickster sometime soon, increasing the ranks of the Rogue Gallery. All we need is the Mirror Master to be cast, Grodd's voice actor to be chosen (if the show is going that route), and we will have a large and fun villainous cast.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 11:45   Link #54
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Hamill as in Joker's Hamill? Looking foward to hearing that voice again
Old 2015-01-12, 16:04   Link #55
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Mark Hamill will eventually make an appearance as The Trickster sometime soon, increasing the ranks of the Rogue Gallery. All we need is the Mirror Master to be cast, Grodd's voice actor to be chosen (if the show is going that route), and we will have a large and fun villainous cast.
I know that Hamil was the Trickster in the old Flash live-action show, but is he really going to reprise his role here?

I had heard the he might have a cameo just like some of the other cast members from that show.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 16:12   Link #56
GDB

It's supposed to be that he's the original Trickster, and someone else has taken up his identity. He teams up with someone (not sure if police or the Flash directly) to help take the newbie down.

At least that's what I recall reading.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 17:42   Link #57
Frontier

GDB has it right. Hamill's reprising his role as Trickster from the old live-action show and his one appearance on JLU, to serve a Hannibal Lecter type role for the police when a new Trickster turns up. I'm betting it's the new one who'll probably join up with the rest of the Rogues though.
Old 2015-01-21, 04:51   Link #58
monster

I'm really liking the family aspect in this show, especially between Barry and the dad.

Regarding the battle, I don't understand why Barry couldn't just go near the guys and grab their weapons and/or attack them. I understand he's not at this maximum speed, but he's still pretty fast already.

And speaking of speed, that poor keyboard was getting repeatedly pressed like that. So his speed also affects his reading speed? And wow, that must be some good connection/computer/browser to be able to scroll through and render hundreds of pages that fast.

Anyway, it's kind of fun to spot little things like these without getting too annoyed by them.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 08:12   Link #59
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The Scofield brothers are back! lol
Well that was a grand fight. Both Captain Cold and Heatwave know how to Ham it up.
Old 2015-01-21, 11:41   Link #60
Wandering Soul

While I enjoyed the episode the fight really bugged me. It felt like they were dead set on the whole crossing beams things when it felt like there other easier ways for Barry to snatch the guns or get a hit in. The police were weird too as they knew where the fight was but didn't do anything like post snipers.

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel