Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-29, 17:40   Link #81
Mr.Minou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
I just saw episode 16 and it was another great one... I especially liked:

Spoiler:

This show is always damn interesting! just like Trigun!
do you remember ep 1 ? mika says who is her mother's murderer...
about ep 16

Spoiler:

and about the brandon/blandon thing : it's the same pronounciation for japanese ppl
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 23:47   Link #82
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Quote:
Is it "Brandon" or "Blandon" ..... I meant to ask that in my previous post... but forgot...
Officially, it would seem to be Blandon if you check the tombstone in episode 15, and the opening as well, but I'm NEVER going to call him that... I don't know why they changed it anyway. The spelling on the wall in the opening of the first few episodes was Brandon. Oh well...

Also, the tombstone seems to be another hint that this is indeed taking place on the same planet as Trigun. If the date is correct, it would put this extremely far into the future of the planet Gunsmoke.

I never did get around to putting up a summary of episode 17... oh well, in a nutshell:

Spoiler:

Oh, and I finally got around to buying the Gungrave OST -righthead- this week and got a nice poster with it. It's got some fantastic tracks on it. Highly reccomended. I love the poster... "He's here to kick ass!" is written in english... heh.

EDIT: It's not really a spoiler if you were paying attention in the first episode, but:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Seifer_us; 2004-01-30 at 01:12.
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 18:38   Link #83
Go-lytely

It seems the Japanese dont care about correct spelling. In a Planetes episode the computer monitor said "status clitical".
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 21:19   Link #84
Tboz

Spoiler:
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 22:46   Link #85
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Spoiler:
Yeah and the fact in Harrys eyes Brandon chose Big Daddy over his childhood friend. But Big Daddy was the father figure he never had and Harry was coming this power hungry dog, only wanting more power.

Spoiler:
westsideplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 01:17   Link #86
thegreatjason

Quote:
Spoiler:
I agree, they were supposed to be "brothers", but I guess when Brandon didn't tell Bunji the truth(when Bunji took that mission a few eps ago alone), Bunji probably thought that Brandon was looking down on him.
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 01:22   Link #87
Go-lytely

Harry has planned every little detail to become the head of Millenion. Does anyone think Harry actually loves Sherry or is she just a pawn to keep Bear Walken in check.
Old 2004-01-31, 01:24   Link #88
thegreatjason

I definitely think she's a pawn, just like everyone else is to Harry. Although when they first started going out I thought Bear would make a move on Harry, oh well.
Old 2004-01-31, 18:17   Link #89
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatjason
I agree, they were supposed to be "brothers", but I guess when Brandon didn't tell Bunji the truth(when Bunji took that mission a few eps ago alone), Bunji probably thought that Brandon was looking down on him.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Harry has planned every little detail to become the head of Millenion. Does anyone think Harry actually loves Sherry or is she just a pawn to keep Bear Walken in check.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-31, 20:35   Link #90
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I dont think he will go crazy if they start dying. Their all a means to an end.
westsideplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 05:26   Link #91
Mr.Minou

I hate Bunji since ep 16 for his behaviour.
Spoiler:

ep 17 :
Spoiler:
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 15:01   Link #92
thegreatjason

Wow, was anyone else dissapointed with Harry's voice actor in episode 17? He sound's a little too much like Big Daddy, well, he just sounds too damn old really.

Other than that episode 17 kicked much ass.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-01, 19:35   Link #93
Tboz

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-02, 11:58   Link #94
Soul Bro Ryu
Your Neighborhood Newtype

Send a message via ICQ to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via AIM to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via MSN to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Bro Ryu
Quote:
Spoiler:
If you want a shock to your system, there seems to be a very BIG reason a certian character was added to the anime, because this person is a MAJOR player in "GunGrave O.D." when it comes out in Japan (on March 4, 2004). And on the Opposition too - and with good reason. ^_^

Although, I don't think that game could make a series as well as the original "GunGrave" is playing out to be, I pray to God Madhouse dosen't wait too long before blessing us with that.

Go to GunGrave.com, go to the "O.D." section, and check out the LAST character of the Character section. You'll be plesantly suprised.

BTW, this person even has the same Seiyuu as it's anime counterpart not to mention one other distinguishing feature...
Soul Bro Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 12:13   Link #95
Go-lytely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Bro Ryu
If you want a shock to your system, there seems to be a very BIG reason a certian character was added to the anime, because this person is a MAJOR player in "GunGrave O.D." when it comes out in Japan (on March 4, 2004). And on the Opposition too - and with good reason. ^_^

Although, I don't think that game could make a series as well as the original "GunGrave" is playing out to be, I pray to God Madhouse dosen't wait too long before blessing us with that.

Go to GunGrave.com, go to the "O.D." section, and check out the LAST character of the Character section. You'll be plesantly suprised.

BTW, this person even has the same Seiyuu as it's anime counterpart not to mention one other distinguishing feature...
Whoah, that's pretty cool. I wonder when thats going to happen.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-02, 12:34   Link #96
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

WOO! Just watched episode 18:

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, there was a new commercial for Gungrave O.D. this time as well. I really wish I could download these somewhere...
Old 2004-02-02, 12:37   Link #97
Soul Bro Ryu

Send a message via ICQ to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via AIM to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via MSN to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Bro Ryu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer_us
Also, the tombstone seems to be another hint that this is indeed taking place on the same planet as Trigun. If the date is correct, it would put this extremely far into the future of the planet Gunsmoke.
I was thinking that too...at first. Then in Ep. 17, those three guys standing on the pier mentioned about conflicts still going on in the Middle East. Now, the Planet Gunsmoke could have a "Middle East"-type region too (although that whole planet looks like the Mid East. ^_^), but chances are GunGrave still takes place on Earth.

Next thing you know, we might start specualting that Rocket Bill RedCadillac (in "O.D.") is in fact "Vash the Stampede" in disguise. ^_^
Old 2004-02-02, 12:50   Link #98
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Bro Ryu
Next thing you know, we might start specualting that Rocket Bill RedCadillac (in "O.D.") is in fact "Vash the Stampede" in disguise. ^_^
Nah, Vash wouldn't go on a "HORRIBLE RAMPAGE OF DEATH!!" (patent pending) Oh well, maybe Jyuji is really a certain gun-toting preist revived and taught sword techniques! (You know all the fangirls are dying to see it... *is filled with disgust at the thought...* )

Another theory then: Gunsmoke was formed after the humans were forced to leave their original planet in Trigun, right? Let's say then, that planet was Earth, then this would make Gungrave a prequal. In that case, maybe the technology used in Gungrave to raise the dead and make humans more powerful will give birth to the plants, and that moves the world into destruction!! It all fits!!

I love making up silly theories...

EDIT: This is a little off topic, but...

NEVER go to a Trigun convention in Japan. You will find yourself utterly disgusted... The main body of the participants are women, and almost the only things there for you to buy are tons upon TONS of yaoi doujinshi... I feel like I'm the only male Trigun fan in Japan... >_<
Old 2004-02-02, 12:51   Link #99
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Whoah, that's pretty cool. I wonder when thats going to happen.

Spoiler:
Maybe she just goes nuts.... cuz maybe Brandon will take out Harry... and maybe she'll want some sort of revenge.... just guesses though...
Old 2004-02-02, 15:41   Link #100
Soul Bro Ryu

Quote:
Maybe she just goes nuts.... cuz maybe Brandon will take out Harry... and maybe she'll want some sort of revenge.... just guesses though...
Don't forget there's another one that she's connected to that'll be on "Beyond the Grave's" hitlist. I actually feel sorry for her, since by series Brandon will about have ripped her heart out by obliterating the two men she cares for.

Gad damn, I love this show. ^_^

Tags
action, crime, drama, science fiction