AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-12, 19:28   Link #2401
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
Someone said something about repeated scenes in Saki 22?

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-3832.html

Yare, yare.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 19:38   Link #2402
Ayanami Erika

My opinion for best 3 in individual tournament [ all school goes to Tokyo scenario]

1. Mihoko
2. Momo/yumi << this depends how serious Saki will crush nodoka when they meet and Momo crush saki to the dust as she get hers revenge
3. Hajime/Jun << Most possible candidate from Ryoumonbuchi

i think this individual tournament just take total +- point from players in all hands to make best player list
so if one players get very big - point in one or several game it is enough to put her out of best 3
[not quite sure ... correct me if i am wrong about the rule]

pardon my bad english ...
Ayanami Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 20:09   Link #2403
bayoab

Quote:

Nanika okashii. Nantonaku sono ki ga shita.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 00:08   Link #2404
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

*glasses shine*
Heh, well what do you know...

By the way, the art near the end of the post (after the comments) was hilarious too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 11:53   Link #2405
M.Marangio

episode 23

The 23rd episode airs today in 8 minutes.

Link to the 2chan thread - deleted -

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-09-14 at 12:36. Reason: deleted 2chan link
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:54   Link #2406
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

*grumble* *grumble* not that the matches were bad (though the execution felt quite lacking), but the end result felt a little... underwhelming I guess... (I'm going to think in the way that those lot of 6-7 games taught me!)... and the results weren't what I was expecting though that's just personal preference... aw well... (though they were some nice snippets, like Kaori finally having some mahjong insight. )

Last edited by Proto; 2009-09-13 at 13:08.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:58   Link #2407
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hisa's last scene in the final game is by far the best scene in the whole series upto now.

Oh and thanks for another Saki footshot~
Old 2009-09-13, 13:15   Link #2408
einhorn303

Reusing animation on random non-descript scenes is alright, (as in http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-3832.html), but on stuff like Saki's "tsumo-after-a-kong-with-flowers" and Hisa's tile shooting?

Other things wrong with this episode:

1. Random and non-dramatic pacing. Just randomly showing the ron/tsumo of each round, then going to the next round...that's not really all that interesting. The splitting up of the different games really didn't work.
2. An excessive amount of "LOL NANPO-TYPE CREATURES GET A +2/+2 BONUS ON A FOREST TERRAIN SQUARE" mahjong magic.
3. Miharu's voice actor is really bad.
4. Rinshan kaihou, I automatically win. Always.
5. Why did they have to make Touka cry?
6. Why did they have to make Momoko :depressed:?
7. "Didn't I already tell you that during the team tournaments?" Didn't a lot of things here already happen during the team tournaments?
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 14:41   Link #2409
orangejuicetang

God dammit Saki, win with something other than Rinshan Kaihou. Stop being such a 1 trick pony. "I get 1 kong=automatic victory. I get 1 pon=I'll get the kong on the next turn=automatic victory." Saki had a godly hand, and was complaining "I can't get any kongs. Oh no. I'm lost for I can't do anything. Oh wait, if I remember online mahjong I'll win, because looking at the board a different way makes my opponent discard exactly what I need. YOU HAD A GODDAMN CONCEALED THREE COLOR STRAIGHT WITH AT LEAST ONE DORA HAND AND WAS IN TENPAI! and your still talking about your damn kongs. Throw a fucking riichi and first round tsumo off that. You'll get the same number of points, no I lie, you'll get more points because you still flip up another dora indicator, but you get 3 extra fan for keeping your hand concealed, the riichi, and the first round tsumo, instead of the 1 extra fan for the Rinshan Kaihou.

Another thing. Trying to show three games at once failed epically. I didn't really the "I win (switch to a different game) I win, rinse and repeat" format. Hell, I think it would even be better if they just focused on one game, and just announced the results of the other two.

Yes, they established that random new girl Nanpo was like the anti-Yuki, who was good on south round. But really, that good on the south round? Good enough to give an Koromo style invisible gust of fear and power felt by other players? Able to do Koromo-Saki monster level manipulation of the tiles?

And does Kiyosumi really need 2 players going to individual nationals as well? Their already all going to the team tournament. What's the point of giving us the all the reason that the other teams need to win "must take koromo to restaurant" and "last year I'm able to play". Poor Touka and Yumi. Is it so absolutely urgent that they get both Nodoko and Saki there? They couldn't have randomly changed the number of players going to 4? Or had Koromo play?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.

Last edited by orangejuicetang; 2009-09-13 at 15:03.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 14:48   Link #2410
maplehurry

Hisa got matchup with too many strong players. Nodoka totally had it easy.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:26   Link #2411
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Somehow I know I subconciously noticed that, which is probably another reason why I haven't been so fond of this arc.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:48   Link #2412
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, you do get the feeling that we are completely in overtime and the TV producers are just praying for the end to come before the $ runs out.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:54   Link #2413
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Somehow I know I subconciously noticed that, which is probably another reason why I haven't been so fond of this arc.
The only problem i have with this arc is the fact that the show will end once it's finished.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:53   Link #2414
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep23:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:02   Link #2415
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
Yes, Kagurazakura Asuna most certainly has heterochromia. o_O
Uh in the images I saw from her she most certainly has 2x blue eyes. But this is a great reason to watch Negima! (both of them)
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:47   Link #2416
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, you do get the feeling that we are completely in overtime and the TV producers are just praying for the end to come before the $ runs out.
Ah, the Hideaki Anno approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The only problem i have with this arc is the fact that the show will end once it's finished.
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion, but what I'm really hoping they don't end it on the note of Kiyosumi high school all losing and having to go home until next year, (the easy and lamest way out) which is where the show seems to be heading right now. As long as they end it on the note of the important characters (Saki, Nodoka, Koromo) advancing and then have a second season to show the nationals then I think it will be decent if a little boring and predictable. My other worry is that they might try to cram a Saki vs. Teru match into one episode right at the very end, which of course would just be awful.

Personally though I think they should have just ended it with the showdown between Saki and Koromo. Go out strong instead of going out boring.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 19:02   Link #2417
orangejuicetang

How many episodes was this scheduled for? I thought this series was almost finished.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-09-13, 19:09   Link #2418
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
How many episodes was this scheduled for? I thought this series was almost finished.
It is almost finished. 25 episodes in all, at least for this season. One presumes a sequel may come, some day...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 19:11   Link #2419
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Uh in the images I saw from her she most certainly has 2x blue eyes. But this is a great reason to watch Negima! (both of them)
Erm, no, don't watch the anime. Negima! is terrible, Negima!? goes very weird places. The Negima! OADs by SHAFT are actually good, though, so watch those.

But seriously, read the manga.

</derail>

Also, dammit Saki. =/
Old 2009-09-13, 19:27   Link #2420
orangejuicetang

How did Saki manage to make it to third place after going four games +/- 0? Going into her last two games, she didn't win by that much either, but she suddenly jumps into third? And I know I mentioned this before, but would it have killed her to win any hand not by rinshan kaihou. I think I mentioned it before, but she would have gotten more points if she had just called a reach with that godly hand and won instead of going for her kong.

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen