AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 07:01   Link #1841
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Kirito was also having a hard time thinking of how to thank her, so maybe he was making it awkward :/
M1sFyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:34   Link #1842
willx
Nyaaan~~

And jumping onto another topic, I re-read Volume 1 and recalled that during the final fight against Heathcliff, Kirito's left hand sword broke..

Doesn't this mean that "Dark Repulser" broke and nearly got Kirito killed? Liz! If you ever found that out...!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:36   Link #1843
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
And jumping onto another topic, I re-read Volume 1 and recalled that during the final fight against Heathcliff, Kirito's left hand sword broke..

Doesn't this mean that "Dark Repulser" broke and nearly got Kirito killed? Liz! If you ever found that out...!
His left hand sword was Elucidator. When he got the weapon from Lisbeth, he told her he would use it as his main weapon, which presumably means he uses it in his right hand.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:44   Link #1844
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
His left hand sword was Elucidator. When he got the weapon from Lisbeth, he told her he would use it as his main weapon, which presumably means he uses it in his right hand.
Hm, it's not that clear in Volume 1, but I think you're wrong. When he fought "Gleameyes" the "new" sword he pulled out, was equipped in his left. As far as I'm aware, he always wields the black sword in his right.

EDITED: Just looked at the illustrations for Volume 1, he's wielding Dark Repulser in his left. So I'm right. Liz would beat herself up so much! :O

Also in Volume 2, during the Liz SS, when he demonstrates Dual Blades to her, he wields Dark Repulser in his left hand as well.
Old 2012-08-14, 10:47   Link #1845
Algester

hmmm I had to brush through my DLed copy of SAO vol 10 heres what I'm getting with using teh_ping's trnaslated first part
Spoiler:

so far thats what I can decipher awaiting volume 11
and this is where I'll be asking the question for what purpose does making an ultimate AI net Kikouka I mean we know the end result that Alice joins Kirito's Harem but why was she chosen to be the ultimate AI if its covered in volume 10 my understanding of Japanese is quite shallow still so it may take time for me to understand it all
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:58   Link #1846
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
hmmm I had to brush through my DLed copy of SAO vol 10 heres what I'm getting with using teh_ping's trnaslated first part
Spoiler:

so far thats what I can decipher awaiting volume 11
and this is where I'll be asking the question for what purpose does making an ultimate AI net Kikouka I mean we know the end result that Alice joins Kirito's Harem but why was she chosen to be the ultimate AI if its covered in volume 10 my understanding of Japanese is quite shallow still so it may take time for me to understand it all
I think it's a little too early to say that Alice will join Kirito's Harem. While it is technically a harem, it's not there isn't any indication who he has chosen considering up to this point no one can challenge Asuna's right to Kirito's "sword". Judging from vol 9 it is just as likely for Alice to choose Eugeo.
Old 2012-08-14, 11:17   Link #1847
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hm, it's not that clear in Volume 1, but I think you're wrong. When he fought "Gleameyes" the "new" sword he pulled out, was equipped in his left. As far as I'm aware, he always wields the black sword in his right.

EDITED: Just looked at the illustrations for Volume 1, he's wielding Dark Repulser in his left. So I'm right. Liz would beat herself up so much! :O

Also in Volume 2, during the Liz SS, when he demonstrates Dual Blades to her, he wields Dark Repulser in his left hand as well.
After he demonstrates his duel wielding and chases her down to thank her, this scene happens:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN
Kirito smiled as well, giving a deep nod. Next, he swung his left hand, opening a window. Just as I wondered what he was up to, the «Elucidator» was removed from his back, stored into the inventory. Following that, he manipulated his equipment figure, materializing a new sword in its place. «Dark Repulser», the white sword filled with my emotions.

"From today onwards, this sword will be my partner. The bill will... be settled for in the other world."
So apparently he promised to use her sword as his main sword that would be the one materialized on his back. So if it turns out that he wasn't, I think she'd be more annoyed that he broke his promise to her.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 11:26   Link #1848
Algester

it just hits me the fact that a machine that plays like a video game is the only thing that's letting Kirito survive reminds me so much of the basic concept of Assassin's Creed especially to Desmond during Revelations
Old 2012-08-14, 12:27   Link #1849
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
After he demonstrates his duel wielding and chases her down to thank her, this scene happens:

So apparently he promised to use her sword as his main sword that would be the one materialized on his back. So if it turns out that he wasn't, I think she'd be more annoyed that he broke his promise to her.
Hm, interesting.. I'm not sure that I would usually be so nitpicky about this kind of stuff, but I thought it was interesting. Here's the image I was referring to in Vol 1.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-14, 12:27   Link #1850
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I think it's a little too early to say that Alice will join Kirito's Harem. While it is technically a harem, it's not there isn't any indication who he has chosen considering up to this point no one can challenge Asuna's right to Kirito's "sword". Judging from vol 9 it is just as likely for Alice to choose Eugeo.
read "there is but one ultimate way"... non canon story written by the author
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:39   Link #1851
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
read "there is but one ultimate way"... non canon story written by the author
That SS ruined my dreams of a happy non-harem ending xD, but I think it was more of a joke and not really what he intends, I hope.
Old 2012-08-14, 12:41   Link #1852
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
That SS ruined my dreams of a happy non-harem ending xD, but I think it was more of a joke and not really what he intends, I hope.
you hope but I don't -_-... I'm desperately wishing that its canon
Old 2012-08-14, 12:46   Link #1853
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
Huh? SAO has already ended.. (web novel), so some of us know what the ending is like. He said himself that it (that harem end) wasn't canon on Twitter, I believe.

Quote:
It's not. Sorry. :<
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:46   Link #1854
Javiersansano

Quote:
Sorry, but i disagree... after getting injured by Johnny Black, and spending the yet to end adventure that's surely gonna become hell in UW, I can't imagine that Kirito's proposition to Asuna isn't resolved positively... I mean, come on, re-read volumes 3 and four, and you'll see in their soul that they are destined

Kirito X Asuna forever

... Man, I can't believe I'm spoting such cheesy crap
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:46   Link #1855
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
U want him to spend around 6 years getting married then going onto a giant bed with all the girls that would mean no one is left over for me
Old 2012-08-14, 13:10   Link #1856
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Huh? SAO has already ended.. (web novel), so some of us know what the ending is like. He said himself that it (that harem end) wasn't canon on Twitter, I believe.

It's not. Sorry. :<
:< indeed but we will just see I just hope someone read the web novels since they are taken down with the side stories being the only one present in Reki's site you know when a publisher says why not then it will happen but I think Reki is currently fixated on fixing the SAO arc to his original manuscript and liking
Old 2012-08-14, 16:58   Link #1857
lossofwordhishz

Ok well I'm not sure if anyone has posted the ending to Alicization (since the web novels are actually done), but luckily on tumblr I found someone who recently looked at some Chinese Blogs that already discussed what happens at the end of Alicization. Thanks to that person. I would post the link of the tumblr page also, but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate to just "advertise" that person's page.. Meh

Spoiler:

Last edited by lossofwordhishz; 2012-08-14 at 19:48.
lossofwordhishz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 17:04   Link #1858
Awrya
U mad?

@lossofwordshishz I have to say, you fail at making spoilers
You put the text between [.SPOILER] and [./SPOILER] (without the . ).
Old 2012-08-14, 17:05   Link #1859
Ray
Garnet

You might wanna fix up your spoiler tags.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 17:19   Link #1860
lossofwordhishz

Meh. Sorry for being a neophyte~
lossofwordhishz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality