AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-30, 17:34   Link #21
CptChaos

I loved this first episode. Extra is my favourite installment of the series and the SHAFT adds so much to it for me. Also Red Saber's entrance was so great. Hopefully we'll get her theme song from the games as well.

Meanwhile everyone over at MAL is going all Shinji and stabbing it with all they have. I don't have the slightest idea why. Some Ufo elitist? I never was a fan of their works, so I really can't grasp it.

Spoiler for And my little theory on why I think Hakuno could take so much damage:
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-01, 10:38   Link #22
Jaden

You can count on SHAFT to capture the "reimagined holy grail war within an ancient alien supercomputer" aesthetic.

It's actually more grounded than I thought it would be. I was expecting some total post-modern eye rape. Still, there is the sense of a "zero fucks given" kind of production without much pandering.
Old 2018-02-03, 10:59   Link #23
shadow1296

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/959805019787739136 Last encore's OP
it's simplistic but still very good
Old 2018-02-04, 00:13   Link #24
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

New keyword in website in episode 2 section. Will (probably) help in making sense the ending of episode 2.

Spoiler for 死相:
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 20:22   Link #25
darkofficer
just a devil

ahh fate extra episode 1

Spoiler for ....:

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 03:04   Link #26
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I got impatient again, so I went in without subs again. And I'm like... U wot m8? Have we been deceived from the beginning? This story is completely unlike anything that happened in the games. I mean I don't necessarily mean that as a bad thing, but I have no effing clue what's going on anymore.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 04:24   Link #27
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Everyone is mostly confused as well, even players of the game. Still, the episode was mostly infodump which puts you up to speed in some aspects of it so you should wait for subs. And it's still similar in that you still face Shinji and his Servant there. The circumstances around it are just different. And they provide explanations for some keywords in the official website. Aside from what I mentioned a few posts above, there's a bit more.

Spoiler for Moon Mile Ladder:
Spoiler for Newly Established Ocean City Cape:
Thanks to an fgog anon for the TL. The other keywords were Spiritron Hacker and (Servant) Class which are old info.
Old 2018-02-05, 05:15   Link #28
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I think I follow what's happening so far.

Last Encore diverged from the game version of Extra when girl Hakuno lost to Buddha.
With no winner all this time, the Holy Grail War eventually stopped. Then the first layer ended up the way it is.

On the other hand, Priest Mapo, for whatever unexplained reason, appeared at the bottom layer and is looping the preliminary round again and again using the memory that were recorded down there. And as he had stated himself at the end of ep.1, his goal is to produce another contender of the war from this memory of the past.

Thus naturally, Nero, who was sealed away ever since she lost, and male Hakuno, who is newly produced by Mapo through using old memories, have no idea what has became of Moon Cell right now.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 11:41   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So I watched one of the first subs (not a very good one, but at least it made me able to deduce things from context).

It's wonderful just seeing Saber being Saber.
Old 2018-02-05, 12:37   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok this is pretty interesting. Definitely an experience fresh for those new to Fate/Extra and yet fresh for those who knows what should be happening. Really get to relate to the confusion that Saber is experiencing . It does allow for some interesting speculation.

Though on another level it is just fun having this Saber around . A very over the top personality, but that helps with Hakuno being a muted character at this stage. Though clearly his personality and mental state is actually plot relevant and not just ignored by the story. Either way it was pretty darn fun watching Saber loving the cute female police force . Though she may not be a huge fan depending on Hakuno's condition when she gets to him.

A lot of interesting elements. Shinji not appearing to recognize Hakuno or at least choosing not making their history a conversation point. Plus the odd kind of time gap. But hey pretty good second episode and fairly interesting in general.
Old 2018-02-05, 13:25   Link #31
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A lot of interesting elements. Shinji not appearing to recognize Hakuno or at least choosing not making their history a conversation point. Plus the odd kind of time gap. But hey pretty good second episode and fairly interesting in general.
Or Shinji simply does not know male Hakuno at all.
The male Hakuno might be an entriely new existence born from Mapo's trial of loops.
The real Hakuno who surive the original preliminary might be the female Hakuno who eventually lost to the Buddah.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 14:40   Link #32
Belgaesh

I died of UMU overdose in the second episode, this season has plenty of Sakura Tange for fans.

But can't really say I understand what's happening at all, leave it to Shaft to mind blowing so soon.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 15:16   Link #33
Wandering Soul

Having Nero around provides some much needed levity for the other wise confusing atmosphere they have going on. Her reaction to the female officers was pretty funny. While his blank slate nature seems intentional at this point, I do want to see Hakuno become more expressive over time so he can bounce off of characters like Nero better.
Old 2018-02-05, 15:39   Link #34
CptChaos

I really liked the design of the city and the lightning. Also if I'll have the space for a bathroom of that size, I should definitely hire someone from SHAFT to design it.

Never thought I'd see a Shinji head tilt. That had me laughing out so loud.

Also I'm so happy to finally see Red Saber animated. Sakura Tange is doing some magical stuff to my ears this season with all the UMU, hanyaan and hoe~.
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 16:11   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Or Shinji simply does not know male Hakuno at all.
The male Hakuno might be an entriely new existence born from Mapo's trial of loops.
The real Hakuno who surive the original preliminary might be the female Hakuno who eventually lost to the Buddah.
Yeah, partly what I meant in terms of not recognizing him. Although I wonder about that quick scene we saw in the elevator with Shinji standing over what looks like Hakuno's body. Maybe that was just how the scene in episode 1 looked without the fantastic background visuals . Or maybe it was how this Shinji got up there.

It depends I suppose on just what this Hakuno is. Is the guy a regular person suffering from memory loss? Is he an NPC who miraculously broke the system? Is he some accumulated body of anger and frustration of all those who have died?

Regardless it is an interesting thing that he didn't acknowledge Hakuno as someone he knew. It allows plenty of speculation on just what that signifies. Not that this show has any lack of things to speculate about . There is so much we are unsure about.
Old 2018-02-05, 19:20   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So many differences from the game. Nice to see that Saber has remained the same though. They wasted no time revealing she is bisexual, and very comfortable with showing off her naked body. The differences (including two very big ones) between her and Artoria were made very clear. They might share the same face, but they're completely different. I like that she's as confused as the rest of us. Interesting that she doesn't know Hakuno is the 129th master, she thinks there are 128 masters in total just like in the game.

This turn of events is pretty shocking. For some reason, it looks like Hakuno and Saber experienced a big time skip. The war is seemingly as good as over, with masters selling their servants to ensure their safety. At least that's how it started, but once Shinji gathered enough power, he forced them to do it. I wonder what will happen once he's defeated. Rin being on this level is pretty intriguing, because I'm pretty sure she hasn't given up her servant.

And of course, there was that ending. Holy crap, Hakuno. Can't wait for next week.
Old 2018-02-06, 00:05   Link #37
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sassy and classy with just enough tolerable talkative egocentrism wrapped in a cute package. That's Nero alright.

That said this feels more like a bad end restart than the actual game. Much of the details weren't even revealed until the latter half of the game, and I'm almost sure some of the details weren't even revealed until Umbral Star.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 01:57   Link #38
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
New keyword in website in episode 2 section. Will (probably) help in making sense the ending of episode 2.

Spoiler for 死相:

Spoiler for ??:
Old 2018-02-06, 03:46   Link #39
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Spoiler for ??:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-02-06, 04:57   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I already said this but I can't stress enough how wonderful it is to just watch Saber doing what she does best. Being shameless and gushing over beautiful things. Umu. This is my biggest reason why I like the Extra universe.