AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-04, 06:55   Link #121
idont

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
That's not so different from real life, is it? There are plenty of stories of people killing for unjustifiable reasons, although it could also be argued whether or not you can justify murder (depending on each individuals beliefs of course.)
yeah but

Spoiler for example:

the episodes aren't too bad though. not very interesting but they aren't too bad. Having watched a few episodes I can now tell 8 out of 10 times who committed the murder.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 08:12   Link #122
Sol Falling

whoa, so there's actually a detective conan thread here. I haven't watched much of the anime though. Actually, I haven't even watched movie 13. The manga's where it's at for me, I guess.

Speaking of the movies though, my favourite is still the first. It had the most epic and movie-like climax, imo. I am a pretty huge fan of Ran, though, so maybe that's just me. I liked movies 5 and 8 for the Ran scenes as well >_>.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 12:51   Link #123
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
yeah but

Spoiler for example:

the episodes aren't too bad though. not very interesting but they aren't too bad. Having watched a few episodes I can now tell 8 out of 10 times who committed the murder.
Don't get me wrong, I do agree that there are a lot of ridiculous reasons for murder in Detective Conan but I believe that there are cases like that in the real world as well (as rare as it may be.)

Well Detective Conan is full of filler episodes but it isn't too bad since this type of anime can kind of benefit from them. Still, if you watch the canon episodes, they are far more interesting.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 14:42   Link #124
GDB

Quote:
Still, if you watch the canon episodes, they are far more interesting.
Actually, the one he referenced is a canon episode. It's the Holmes Freak Murder Case, ie: Heiji's second appearance.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 15:56   Link #125
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, the one he referenced is a canon episode. It's the Holmes Freak Murder Case, ie: Heiji's second appearance.
Ah, I see. I'm at episode 530-something, excuse my vague memory since it's been a while

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-04, 18:31   Link #126
GDB

Quote:
Ah, I see. I'm at episode 530-something, excuse my vague memory since it's been a while
Only 530 something? You're falling behind! It's up to 557 now!
Old 2009-12-05, 00:49   Link #127
DeX-kun

Quote:
Only 530 something? You're falling behind! It's up to 557 now!
I know, I purposely did that I felt that I was catching up too quickly and since there's no end in sight for this series I want to reach a point where I can go on those amazing Black Organization runs which seem to be so exciting to watch every time something happens that includes them

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-06, 20:40   Link #128
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Movie 14's first promo pic: Looks like it's gonna be exciting: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2q0_piDdod...kq4q57h9k1.jpg
Old 2009-12-06, 21:39   Link #129
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Movie 14's first promo pic: Looks like it's gonna be exciting: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2q0_piDdod...kq4q57h9k1.jpg
Is that real? Well I'll be damned if it is, it looks interesting as hell if that's on the poster Thanks for the update.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-06, 21:42   Link #130
GDB

It is, but just remember that movie 13's promo poster featured the Mask of the Phantasm. And I think movie 10 had Ran in a wedding dress or something.
Old 2009-12-06, 21:46   Link #131
DeX-kun

Quote:
It is, but just remember that movie 13's promo poster featured the Mask of the Phantasm. And I think movie 10 had Ran in a wedding dress or something.
Trolls anyone? Yeah, but I hope they make it interesting.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-24, 04:10   Link #132
Azuma234
Red-Haired Snow White Fan

Quote:
Ha! That's great I'm looking forward to it but isn't Kuroba Kaitou with Inspector Nakamura's daughter? (I forgot her name.)
Old 2009-12-24, 13:58   Link #133
Sol Falling

Aoko. And it's Nakamori, actually :P.

I'm kinda pissed at the way they've been portraying Ran recently (wtf, since when do you stop pwning purse-snatchers all because of some stupid love fortune?!), this promo pic with Kid thing doesn't help at all.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 10:14   Link #134
nina-antalk
Keep Smiling :)

I'm really looking forward to this movie. Hopefully it will have an interesting story.

Last edited by nina-antalk; 2009-12-31 at 15:31.
nina-antalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 17:13   Link #135
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Yo guys any news on when is this goin to end?!?

It has 500+ episodes atm right? so before I go even further (Im at ep 23 atm) I would like to know if this anime loses it "touch" as it progresses, Does it became crappier and crappier as it goes on? or is it good throughout the last episode as of the moment?

I dont wanna spend my money on buying the other season at the moment cause I might regret it after so I would like to know your opinions guys

But I must say so far its really interesting - mostly because I love the "codes within codes" part in some cases Ive watched

EDIT: Oh and one more thing - I live in canada so mostly I get the DVDs of this anime with an English Dub so does anyone know where I could get a DVD with a Jap Dub and an English sub - Im more into this

English Dub = Sucks a*s (The characters sounds gay)
Jap Dub with Eng Sub = WIN

I dont care if Im gonna pay more - I just want the Japanese Dub with an english sub version of this

Thanks in advance
Old 2010-01-16, 15:54   Link #136
Preacher

Back to never ending "Whos the Boss" speculations.

Considering a tips given by the manga and mangaka ("youŽll know instantly whos the boss of BO if you knew the real name of organisation") the most realistic theory is imho the following:

The boss of Black organization is... Sharon vineyard

We assume that Chris Vineyard and Sharon vineyard are the same person, and the death of Sharon was a fake.

It was a fake. However why do we believe that Chris and Sharon ARE the same person?

So, Sharon took herself out of the picture, while being the real BO ruler in the shadows - while Chris continues to go on BO missions and being involved with Conan and CO.

"youŽll know instantly whos the boss of BO if you knew the real name of organisation"
Organisation whose all members has name related to Alkohol. Woudnt it be logically to think that a place where that alkohol is stored/assembled being...

"Vineyard", http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vineyard

Kinda obvious tip.

- she is old enought to lead the organisation
- explains the riddle when Jody sensei ask her in episode where she kidnapped AI "why you dont age". Because its not "her", its her daugther.
- if shes a Boss it explains "special" relationship between Boss and Vermouth. Because Vermouth IS her real daughter.
- She was shown in the show is directly related to most misterious plot device from the past - the "magician" wich trained both her and Conans mother relation with whome probably triggered founding of Black Organisation.

Basically, the author played a smart trick on audience by making us believe that she and Chris are the same person (ironically, because she did a similar trick to remove herself from a board by staging own death).
Old 2010-01-17, 11:41   Link #137
nina-antalk
Keep Smiling :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
Yo guys any news on when is this goin to end?!?

It has 500+ episodes atm right? so before I go even further (Im at ep 23 atm) I would like to know if this anime loses it "touch" as it progresses, Does it became crappier and crappier as it goes on? or is it good throughout the last episode as of the moment?

I dont wanna spend my money on buying the other season at the moment cause I might regret it after so I would like to know your opinions guys

But I must say so far its really interesting - mostly because I love the "codes within codes" part in some cases Ive watched

EDIT: Oh and one more thing - I live in canada so mostly I get the DVDs of this anime with an English Dub so does anyone know where I could get a DVD with a Jap Dub and an English sub - Im more into this

English Dub = Sucks a*s (The characters sounds gay)
Jap Dub with Eng Sub = WIN

I dont care if Im gonna pay more - I just want the Japanese Dub with an english sub version of this

Thanks in advance
You can watch Japanese dub with English sub on youtube. I don't know if there are all episodes with sub but there are many with. You should check it out.
Old 2010-03-14, 21:34   Link #138
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
What I can't stand are the US mangas of this series. I don't care about the title change, but the changed the names of the characters.

Get how silly this is.

Haibara's Alteration
Japanese Manga: Ai Haibara
FUNimation: Vi Graythorn
VIZ: Anita Hailey

The Black Organization
Japanese Manga: Gin
VIZ: Melkior

Japanese Manga: Vodka
VIZ: Kaspar

What VIZ has done to Detective Conan is like what 4Kids did to One Piece. At the very least FUNimation offers the Japanese dialog with the proper names in the subtitles.
What VIZ makes is utter bile. How do people let them get away with that?

Could you image if they had done these kind of changes to Naruto or Bleach. Say, renamed Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke into Nate Sarah and Steve?
Old 2010-03-15, 00:20   Link #139
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Haibara's Alteration
Japanese Manga: Ai Haibara
FUNimation: Vi Graythorn
VIZ: Anita Hailey

The Black Organization
Japanese Manga: Gin
VIZ: Melkior

Japanese Manga: Vodka
VIZ: Kaspar
RIDICULOUS!!!!
It seems that only in the U.S. does this!
I talked to VIZ about this, but they wouldn't change it back.
This is THE reason I don't buy DC manga/anime in the US.
But there's hope: I heard that the UK is publishing DC, too, true to the original.

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2010-03-15 at 00:39.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 06:15   Link #140
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
RIDICULOUS!!!!
It seems that only in the U.S. does this!
I talked to VIZ about this, but they wouldn't change it back.
This is THE reason I don't buy DC manga/anime in the US.
But there's hope: I heard that the UK is publishing DC, too, true to the original.
Detective Conan true to form and in English. Oh, Lordy. Don't tease me with something like that. lol Where did you hear this?

That is something I'd certainly look into. I also wonder if they would distribute in Canada?

Tags
shonen