AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-08-05, 23:25   Link #1
Zertz

Gundam SEED - EAF Uniform Question

So, on the OMNI Enforcer uniforms at chest level on the tunic is a strip of the same size across all uniforms regardless of rank.

Example:

Is this supposed to be the place for a name tag / name tape?
Zertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 10:20   Link #2
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Might be. We never actually see any names on the characters, but it is possible.

I would assume so. Depending on why you need to know this, it probably won't matter if you script in a name.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-08-06 at 10:47.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 10:37   Link #3
Zertz

Just curious.
Old 2007-08-06, 10:49   Link #4
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I don't think it even really matters, as we know the plot-runners of GS/GSD were a bunch of teenagers, who had little to no experience in warfare (before they signed up or participated) and decided the course of mankind by naively overriding power-wielding adults who were supposed to be more experienced than they!

But I still like the show.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 17:15   Link #5
Zertz

Whoa ho ho, lets not have this discussion again :P.
Old 2007-08-08, 11:32   Link #6
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertz
So, on the OMNI Enforcer uniforms at chest level on the tunic is a strip of the same size across all uniforms regardless of rank.
Is this supposed to be the place for a name tag / name tape?
No. It's used to designate rank - different ranks have different colors and number of stripes. Strangely enough, both Orb and ZAFT use a similar designator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't think it even really matters, as we know the plot-runners of GS/GSD were a bunch of teenagers, who had little to no experience in warfare (before they signed up or participated) and decided the course of mankind by naively overriding power-wielding adults who were supposed to be more experienced than they!
To be fair, while the Cosmic Era shows aren't that good at depicting how militaries work, they're still vastly better at it than all of the other Gundam TV shows. The only possible exception is Turn A where the soldiers were supposed to be completely clueless.
Old 2007-08-08, 18:32   Link #7
Zertz

Er, 4tran, I mean the single yellow strip at chest level on the white and black EAF uniforms. It is white on the blue and pink uniforms. You are thinking of ZAFT when I am talking about the EAF/OMNI Enforcer.
Old 2007-08-08, 19:32   Link #8
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertz View Post
Er, 4tran, I mean the single yellow strip at chest level on the white and black EAF uniforms. It is white on the blue and pink uniforms. You are thinking of ZAFT when I am talking about the EAF/OMNI Enforcer.
Nope, I'm referring to the OMNI uniforms. The only reason why they're white on the blue and pink uniforms is because they're worn by junior, and their ranks (privates?) mandate that color (both of uniform and of the stripe). Higher ranking OMNI officers can have as many as four stripes.

I only brought up the connection to Orb and ZAFT ranks because they all seem to use a similar scheme for denoting rank. (Perhaps this can be attributed to the pervasiveness of the OMNI military trappings. As an example, in the late nineteenth century, the IJN adopted their military dress from the USN and Royal Navy, the predominant navies of their day.)
Old 2007-08-08, 22:15   Link #9
Zertz

Okay, so I rewatched the episode where the Archangel joins the 8th Fleet.

I need to admit I was horrible wrong and you're right. It must be rank as well, since it only starts after Captain/Colonel. Man, I havn't been this wrong in a while.