AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-10-23, 17:35   Link #4021
nanafan
horo fan

that's good to know. i wonder how much bigger the number of unemployment will be. all candidates say they will do what they can to create new jobs, i hope they do. at first i was okay with the bailout now i am not sure where i stand with it. anyone got an opinion on it?
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:18   Link #4022
Luminisk

"Once there were two brothers. One ran away to sea; the other was elected vice president of the United States. And nothing was heard of either of them again." -Thomas Marshall

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_137030.html

I fear for my country.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:23   Link #4023
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, if the case gets big enough, it could reach the Federal Supreme Court. What happens there will then be final.
It has to become a state's rights issue or something that is actually a federal issue to enter the US court system. (And the US 9th Circuit stands in the way of the SCOTUS.) Otherwise, it's a state issue and the California supreme court is the highest court possible.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:47   Link #4024
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Gosh, i've been skimming over the posts, wondering how you guys are fairing with 2 weeks left, would I be far off the mark thinking that this is just all one huge big entertainment circus for all the media fanfare that's flying around and flimsy statements from the politicians i'm seeing some of you guys paste into here?
(I'm just thinking of UK political campaigns are run, it's kinda like the BBC vs Fox news if i had to pick an anology in terms of the way America becomes during election year.)
US Election: A serious, respectable campaign to determine the next person to step into the role of the 'most powerful man in the world', to try to lead one of the most influencial countries of the world for the next four years?
(perhaps not)
But hey, at least with this video, it kinda shows what americans can do extremely well:
Provide good entertainment, enjoy.
I watched this and actually forget this and actually can forget that these peeps are running to be president of the United States, lol.

ps:
GOP? - what does that stand for/who are they?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:03   Link #4025
Luminisk

Times like these I remember and understand the reason why the Found Fathers did not want the President of the U.S. to be directly elected by the population.

Last edited by Luminisk; 2008-10-23 at 19:15.
Old 2008-10-23, 19:03   Link #4026
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Gosh, i've been skimming over the posts, wondering how you guys are fairing with 2 weeks left, would I be far off the mark thinking that this is just all one huge big entertainment circus for all the media fanfare that's flying around and flimsy statements from the politicians i'm seeing some of you guys paste into here?
(I'm just thinking of UK political campaigns are run, it's kinda like the BBC vs Fox news if i had to pick an anology in terms of the way America becomes during election year.)
US Election: A serious, respectable campaign to determine the next person to step into the role of the 'most powerful man in the world', to try to lead one of the most influencial countries of the world for the next four years?
(perhaps not)
But hey, at least with this video, it kinda shows what americans can do extremely well:
Provide good entertainment, enjoy.
I watched this and actually forget this and actually can forget that these peeps are running to be president of the United States, lol.

ps:
GOP? - what does that stand for/who are they?
I check some sites it it says Grand Old Party, it could be wrong. Another one was Government Over People. Those are the ones I saw. It would be better for someone else to provide better info.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:07   Link #4027
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
Times like these I remember and understand the reason why the Found Fathers did not want the President of the U.S. to be directly elected by the population.
one of the smartest thing they did.

@Lumini, happy now.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2008-10-23 at 19:19.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:14   Link #4028
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
smartest thing they did.
*edit* directly elected by the population.

Give them more credit:

Separation of Powers
Separation of Church and State

*looks at Palin* -------->>>>>> I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Last edited by Luminisk; 2008-10-23 at 19:30.
Old 2008-10-23, 19:50   Link #4029
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
It has to become a state's rights issue or something that is actually a federal issue to enter the US court system. (And the US 9th Circuit stands in the way of the SCOTUS.) Otherwise, it's a state issue and the California supreme court is the highest court possible.
Hence, the "big enough" condition. As long as the federal courts don't come in, the state courts are the highest authority.

Well, remember that the original Constitution even barred direct elections of Senators, until 1913.
Old 2008-10-23, 19:54   Link #4030
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
*edit* directly elected by the population.

Give them more credit:

Separation of Powers
Separation of Church and State

*looks at Palin* -------->>>>>> I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.
For all the stuff that Palin been saying lately, can make anybody cry including McCain for making that choice for VEEP.

http://innovation.cq.com/cabinet_mak...,3,3,1,2,2,2,1

CQ Politics has made up a Cabinet Maker, so you can make up your own version of Obama or McCain Cabinet. So have fun!
Old 2008-10-23, 21:20   Link #4031
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
"Once there were two brothers. One ran away to sea; the other was elected vice president of the United States. And nothing was heard of either of them again." -Thomas Marshall

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_137030.html

I fear for my country.
we just hope that she and mccain doesn't win. what doesn't make sense is they always call her president, they know she is going for the vp, right? mccain is old i admit, but i don't see him dying that easily..feel bad i said that.
Old 2008-10-23, 22:54   Link #4032
Xacual

Its partly because McCain's father and grandfather both died around this age due to disease I believe. I'll admit Palin even being the VP scares me for who possibly running for Pres in the future.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 23:01   Link #4033
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Its partly because McCain's father and grandfather both died around this age due to disease I believe. I'll admit Palin even being the VP scares me for who possibly running for Pres in the future.
That is not good news for electing a president.
I will really question if she is actually president when Palin gets the role.

Speaking of which, in history, are there any good examples of good VP that actually understand the role in crisis or otherwise?
Old 2008-10-23, 23:03   Link #4034
nanafan
horo fan

what does mccain have i never heard about it, so i am the odd one out...i still think it's sad she didn't know what the vp does, and her foreign relations with russia she also says she has more executive experience than obama....wth?
Old 2008-10-23, 23:15   Link #4035
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
what does mccain have i never heard about it, so i am the odd one out...i still think it's sad she didn't know what the vp does, and her foreign relations with russia she also says she has more executive experience than obama....wth?
Sarah Palin experience is always questionable in her extended knowledge of the issue.
Old 2008-10-23, 23:21   Link #4036
Thingle
Banned

Gore. If the global warming craze were 10 years earlier.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 23:28   Link #4037
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So what's all this I'm hearing about a "Real America"? Have I been travelling to a fake America all of this time to visit family?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 23:28   Link #4038
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Sarah Palin experience is always questionable in her extended knowledge of the issue.
tooo true biden's experience blows her out of the water. anyway what does mccain have anyway diabetes or something?
Old 2008-10-23, 23:31   Link #4039
Luminisk

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_137399.html

I laughed so hard.
Satire to the rescue, not that much is needed.

Old 2008-10-23, 23:32   Link #4040
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So what's all this I'm hearing about a "Real America"? Have I been travelling to a fake America all of this time to visit family?
I have no idea, unless them mean regarding the people into different groups. It would be dividing to find the blue collar people I think. If not that, it could might as well be the mask of the American citizens or something like that.

Tags
debate, elections, politics, united_states