AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 20:59   Link #1121
commando

I just finished reading Tomoyo Dear Shining Memories, it was great. it's the same as Tomoyo Dearest, right? They are not two different managas.
commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 12:04   Link #1122
zaraki255

to get tomoyo's light in the visual novel do you have to have koumura's light if so then doy you have to do most of tomoyo's route and then save befor you complete it, but if you do koumura's route can i do it out of order as in not the last third because i want to finish tomoyo's route not stop just before (i just want to confirm what the walkthrough say's)
zaraki255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 12:10   Link #1123
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraki255 View Post
to get tomoyo's light in the visual novel do you have to have koumura's light if so then doy you have to do most of tomoyo's route and then save befor you complete it, but if you do koumura's route can i do it out of order as in not the last third because i want to finish tomoyo's route not stop just before (i just want to confirm what the walkthrough say's)
Um... Tomoyo's light doesn't have any parallel requirements, IIRC. You do, however, have to do Tomoyo's route right after Misae's if you want Misae's light (or was it vice versa?). I'm not sure how best to manipulate saves to do this the quickest.

Koumura's light doesn't have anything to do with Tomoyo's light.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:46   Link #1124
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Um... Tomoyo's light doesn't have any parallel requirements, IIRC. You do, however, have to do Tomoyo's route right after Misae's if you want Misae's light (or was it vice versa?). I'm not sure how best to manipulate saves to do this the quickest.
You need to do Misae's route first then during the festival part of Tomoyo's route you will pick up Misae's light then continue on with Tomoyo's route. I don't think there's a requirement for Tomoyo to be right after Misae, just Misae's route must be completed when you do Tomoyo's route.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:53   Link #1125
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
You need to do Misae's route first then during the festival part of Tomoyo's route you will pick up Misae's light then continue on with Tomoyo's route. I don't think there's a requirement for Tomoyo to be right after Misae, just Misae's route must be completed when you do Tomoyo's route.
I've never done testing on it myself, and guides tend to recommend doing them back-to-back so as to not "risk it". I'd love if someone could confirm/refute that requirement through personal experience/experimentation.
Old 2011-03-07, 13:28   Link #1126
zaraki255

ah thanks it just the guide says to save if you havent done komura's light which made no sense to me and i did just do misae's route so it looks like iam good thanks for the help

i resorted to using the guide because my first play through i ended up with no one because i was too back and forthe with every one.
zaraki255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 19:55   Link #1127
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

I haven't tested Misae's light, but I expect that you don't need to play her route back-to-back with Tomoyo; you can even play Tomoyo's route first, then play other routes, then play Misae's route, then play other routes, then go back to Tomoyo's route again to get Misae's light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraki255 View Post
ah thanks it just the guide says to save if you havent done komura's light which made no sense to me and i did just do misae's route so it looks like iam good thanks for the help
That's not a compulsory part of the game, but if you go back to that point after getting Koumura's light, you'll see something cool. Clannad has a few "easter eggs" like that.

Here's a list of easter eggs that I'm aware of:
  • Koumura's awesomeness (part of Tomoyo's awesomeness)
  • Jet ski in school
  • Sunohara's face getting deformed
  • Fuko Ninja
  • Laser tag + Baseball match
  • Zombie game book
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 21:17   Link #1128
shadyone

Location: The Ended World (but seriously, I live in Australia!)
I have no idea what these routes are supposed to mean but I think I'll just go through it until I can see Nagisa's route

Solid Beat: Music / techno styled RPG with complex combat requiring you to think carefully about the songs you equip.

Red Souls: A Dark Knight is thrown into chaos as a Demon King destroys his home. Can you save the world from a ever near apocalypse?
shadyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 02:57   Link #1129
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

You can see it from the beginning...

But to get to After Story, you have to do all of them.

Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 02:58   Link #1130
commando

I've been playing the Clannad game recently and a question came to my mind...

I just finished the Fujibayashi twins routes, (in the order listed in a walkthrough). It was intimate moment when Tomoya finally called Ryou by her first name and not by "Fujibayashi". But Tomoya calls Kyou by her first name all the time, what's the reason behind this?
Old 2011-03-17, 03:32   Link #1131
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Because it gets confusing if he calls both Fujibayashi.

Kyou asked him to call her Kyou so that there's no confusion.
Old 2011-03-17, 12:33   Link #1132
commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Because it gets confusing if he calls both Fujibayashi.

Kyou asked him to call her Kyou so that there's no confusion.
hehe yeah that's what I thought. thx
Old 2011-03-27, 01:16   Link #1133
commando

just finished Kotomi's route for the game, can someone please translate the ending?

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7738/25662578.png

THANK YOU!
Old 2011-03-27, 07:35   Link #1134
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
just finished Kotomi's route for the game, can someone please translate the ending?

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7738/25662578.png

THANK YOU!
Congratulations! That's my favourite route, after Nagisa+After Story.

Spoiler for Suitcase scene:

Spoiler for After the suitcase:

You might also be interested in:
Spoiler for Handwritten note on violin (CG):

I plan to get the graphics translated in-game eventually. If you subscribe to this thread, you'll be notified of improvements as they slowly roll out over the next several months.

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-03-27 at 08:30. Reason: Add violin note + translation project
Old 2011-03-27, 10:53   Link #1135
commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Congratulations! That's my favourite route, after Nagisa+After Story.

Spoiler for Suitcase scene:

Spoiler for After the suitcase:

You might also be interested in:
Spoiler for Handwritten note on violin (CG):

I plan to get the graphics translated in-game eventually. If you subscribe to this thread, you'll be notified of improvements as they slowly roll out over the next several months.
awesome thanks, Kotomi's route is definitely one of my favorites. So aside from the suitcase the rest is the letter? I thought the bottom half was different since the top right picture says "dont grow up so fast". Isn't that the end of the letter?
Old 2011-03-27, 11:06   Link #1136
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
awesome thanks, Kotomi's route is definitely one of my favorites. So aside from the suitcase the rest is the letter? I thought the bottom half was different since the top right picture says "dont grow up so fast". Isn't that the end of the letter?
Yep, what you posted was suitcase + 2 letters:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-29, 11:03   Link #1137
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Is the game licensed in the States?
From what I hear if it's not then it's legal to torrent it. Is that true?
Thanks
Old 2011-03-29, 19:47   Link #1138
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Is the game licensed in the States?
From what I hear if it's not then it's legal to torrent it. Is that true?
Thanks
It's not licensed, but downloading it without buying it is still illegal. If you really want to play it, you can buy it from an import site.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 22:48   Link #1139
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

xBTAx is right. Torrenting (and any other type of downloading) a game unpaid is legal only when the rights holder allows free distribution.

Even if we don't care about laws, I reckon the decent thing to do is to compensate someone for the hours, weeks, months, maybe years, they put into a game, if we play it.

If I'm not mistaken: If no American company has a license for the game, it just means that no American company is allowed to edit and sell it -- it doesn't mean that the game is unprotected in America (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 2011-03-30, 03:04   Link #1140
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

International Copyright Laws.

i.e. You can't torrent it.