AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-16, 08:16   Link #1681
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

To those that don't know, Riki in the VN sounds like one of those kids you find in Xbox Live and you have simply no idea if it's a boy or a girl :ProfessorOak:

And there's no way that she even sounds "boyish" in the visual novel, it sounds like a girl no matter how you look at it.

This voice is a bit of an improvement.

Then again it all is subjective.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact

Last edited by Arturia Polaris; 2012-09-16 at 09:29.
Old 2012-09-16, 08:49   Link #1682
tsunade666

Well doesn't Naoya's voice actor the same as Rin in the VN?

I remember his voice only when he got hit by the ball.
Old 2012-09-16, 08:54   Link #1683
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
To those that don't know, Riki in the VN sounds like one of those kids you find in Xbox Live and you have simply no idea if it's a boy or a girl :ProfessorOak:

And there's no way that she even sounds "boyish" in the visual novel, it sounds like a girl no matter how you look at it.

This voice is a bit of an improvement.

Arty
I agree with you that his voice sounds like an improvement over the original. But only because I think the lower pitch of his new voice is a bit more appropriate for his age. However, I disagree that his original voice sounds completely like a girl. I have heard pre-pubescent boys in real life with similar high-pitched voices. So I stand with boyish. I do not use boyish to mean masculine or manly.

Before you ask, I have played the VN. I have finished two full routes, and I never turn off the battle or baseball practice minigames, so I've heard Tomoe Tamiyasu's rendition of his voice countless times.

You yourself said in your first statement that upon hearing his voice, it is difficult to determine if the speaker was a boy or a girl, so that contradicts with your second statement that he sounds exclusively like a girl.
Old 2012-09-16, 09:05   Link #1684
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Taking your own experience is nothing close of a solid evidence for negative statement that general. I can tell you that Asian young'uns can look deceivingly younger than they actually are, which include of course the voice. And no, not all boys have their voice break at a set period. I for one got mine around 17, and I sometimes got mistaken as a girl through the phone prior that point...
Old 2012-09-16, 12:57   Link #1685
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm the most worried about Sasami's anime VA. Her voice in the VN was very distinct from Rin's, despite them sharing the same VA. I can't see why they would change it, and it would even mean one less person to pay if they didn't.
Old 2012-09-16, 13:01   Link #1686
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I can't see why they would change it, and it would even mean one less person to pay if they didn't.
Because videogame acting is generally done individually, and anime acting is generally done as a group. It's a lot more tricky to act as a group when the same person is playing two characters; granted, it has been done in a few cases, but it's rather unusual.
Old 2012-09-16, 15:28   Link #1687
OPN

The more i listen too hocchans voice of riki the more i like it. Infact i kinda prefer it over tamiyasus voice she used in the VN.
Old 2012-09-17, 00:06   Link #1688
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

I'm most worried about Mio's voice personally. While the other changes were informed decisions, Mio's change of VA was a last minute change, so I worry that the replacement just won't do it for me. Only time will tell though.
Old 2012-09-17, 00:47   Link #1689
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
I'm most worried about Mio's voice personally. While the other changes were informed decisions, Mio's change of VA was a last minute change, so I worry that the replacement just won't do it for me. Only time will tell though.
100% agreed. Im not worried about sasami but mios voice was perfect in the VN. Im hoping her original VA comes back after she gives birth and settles in.
Old 2012-09-17, 19:49   Link #1690
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
I think don't be too much pessimistic. We still don't know how Mio's voice in the anime gonna be. In fact, I believe in the potential of Japanese CV to voice those character even he or she might be new in this industry.

Who knows, we might like Mio's new voice rather than the original one
Old 2012-09-17, 19:54   Link #1691
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
Who knows, we might like Mio's new voice rather than the original one
Well, generally speaking, I've noticed a lot of people have a bias towards the voice they first heard, and that makes sense because your brain associates that voice with the character. This is why, for example, some people have a hard time watching dubbed anime, because their brain can't reconcile the character they see with the voice they hear. So unless there's a really clear and obvious difference between one and the other (which I sort of doubt), it wouldn't surprise me if people are mostly biased towards whatever one they hear first. Other than that, all you can do is try to keep an open mind.
Old 2012-09-18, 00:50   Link #1692
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

I somehow think they won't be including the EX routes anymore, because it's really suspicious that there is no promotional material of saya, other then her short scene in the firt trailer
Old 2012-09-18, 00:51   Link #1693
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
I somehow think they won't be including the EX routes anymore, because it's really suspicious that there is no promotional material of saya, other then her short scene in the firt trailer
I actually think that's a good IMHO. That way, I still have some kind of hope that KyoAni will adapt this as LB! -EX ver.-.
Old 2012-09-18, 07:39   Link #1694
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I actually think that's a good IMHO. That way, I still have some kind of hope that KyoAni will adapt this as LB! -EX ver.-.
For me, I don't think Kyoani won't adapt any of Key works into Anime anymore.

From Clannad to LB anime, the gap is 5 year which I think is very long. If Kyoani wanna do it, there are a lot of chances that they can. but they just go for K-ON SS2, Haruhi, Nichijou and Hyouka instead. I don't care anymore whether Kyoani in the future might remake LB or not since they have made me wait for a very long time.

If somehow J.C. can adapt LB anime as good as what Kyoani can do with Kanon or Clannad, why bother with Kyoani anyway? And at this moment, there is nothing said that it might or might not have an ex-routes

P.S. personally, rather than LB remake, I seriously want to see Rewrite adapted into anime. So I hope when LB is end, Rewrite might be the next one soon.
Old 2012-09-18, 08:25   Link #1695
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
If somehow J.C. can adapt LB anime as good as what Kyoani can do with Kanon or Clannad, why bother with Kyoani anyway? And at this moment, there is nothing said that it might or might not have an ex-routes
even if J.C. somehow make LB anime as good or even better than what kyoani could ever do. kyoani will always be better in fan's eye, there no way J.C. can win here.
Old 2012-09-18, 09:04   Link #1696
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
For me, I don't think Kyoani won't adapt any of Key works into Anime anymore.

From Clannad to LB anime, the gap is 5 year which I think is very long. If Kyoani wanna do it, there are a lot of chances that they can. but they just go for K-ON SS2, Haruhi, Nichijou and Hyouka instead. I don't care anymore whether Kyoani in the future might remake LB or not since they have made me wait for a very long time.

P.S. personally, rather than LB remake, I seriously want to see Rewrite adapted into anime. So I hope when LB is end, Rewrite might be the next one soon.
I think I'm speaking amongst one of the many many Key KyoAni fans out there: as long as there's a chance for a Key work to be re-adapted to KyoAni, I'll always hope, even on a 0.000001% chance.
Old 2012-09-18, 20:26   Link #1697
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Any Natsubura listeners out there~?
Old 2012-09-20, 18:09   Link #1698
Serphirs

Wow, It seems the mower went through here.

Anyway.
Leaked storyboard, guess it could be fake also.

Spoiler for What scene is? xD:
Old 2012-09-20, 19:57   Link #1699
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
Spoiler for What scene is? xD:
Spoiler for Guessing:

P.S. Sorry for being off the topic yesterday again
Old 2012-09-21, 00:21   Link #1700
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Twitter start tweet! https://twitter.com/litbus_anime