AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 14:44   Link #561
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
They aren't jeopardizing their craft if this show is any indication; over the top comedy is a trademark of them since their subcontracting days. And they certainly have people that can animate action very well.

You'd be surprised.
I was responding more to the question of why they don't do action based shows not with regard to this. This looks very much like a Kyoani show through and through so no this is not them going against the grain so to speak at first glance.

Anyway not much else to say since I probably won't be watching it for that very reason (I don't care much at all for their brand of over the top comedy and slow paced whimsy, though honestly maybe if they did more movies like that I'd at least be able to at least sit through them as an experience since they'd be much shorter in length), just felt it helps to have the opinion of an outsider every now and then. I mean I very much don't care for their works at all, but I am at least starting to understand more and more what it is some people see in their shows that is appealing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 14:45   Link #562
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

is ED is cute but by some reason leave no impression.

probably because it don't use catchy song.

and i dont think it will be action heavy. all they do probably just screaming with occasional random light flash/symbol coming from no where

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 02:58   Link #563
Philos
Official Siscon Member

I've heard that promotional ED is not official one. It was made for premiere airing only.

Is there anyone can confirm about this?
Old 2012-09-21, 03:49   Link #564
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
It's too bad that this one isn't going to be full action like I firstly predicted.

Other than that "Yuki vs Ryouko" in Haruhi, we don't really get to see Kyoani do action/fight scene.
Might want to take a look at this...

They were also contracted by Sunrise to animate a lot of episodes of Inuyasha.... most of which have the best animation in the series... a lot of studio's have to start out this way.. not everyone can be a Bones and take the cream of the crop from a studio and form their own while still working on some of the biggest new properties of their former studio.

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-09-21 at 03:57. Reason: Why bother.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 04:22   Link #565
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hmm, first series Kyoani has done in the past few years to catch my attention. I don't know, from the looks of it, I think it'll be something to watch.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 05:59   Link #566
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos View Post
I've heard that promotional ED is not official one. It was made for premiere airing only.

Is there anyone can confirm about this?
This person who attended the Kyoto airings said the "OP with an ED feeling" and an ED were created for this purpose only. They meant the promotional OP linked earlier. Given that they're titling this a "promotional ED" it's easy to assume this was the ED shown.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 13:29   Link #567
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Damn, I translated this poorly .
Quote:
Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date!

So let me tell you my unfortunate story. My name is Yuuta and when I was in middle school I had teenage delusions of grandeur. But I graduated from my dark past in middle school, and was on my way to sail smoothly through high school. That should have been the end of it, but there was an accident… which I kinda expected would happen. And because of that accident, I’ve now been forced into a contract with Rikka, another victim of teenage delusions of grandeur, and now she has messed up my life! Stop encouraging my teenage delusions of grandeur!!
Also confirmed to be 12 episodes long.

Old 2012-09-21, 14:13   Link #568
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

To be honest, it's kinda weird seeing a term with a widespread connotation being translated to something that has no real meaning. It just makes the whole thing sound unrelatable and specific. Especially after they use the same phrase repeatedly.

I guess I shouldn't be saying that as someone who isn't Japanese, though. Maybe I just got used to the term chuunibyou and I'll get used to this!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 14:22   Link #569
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
To be honest, it's kinda weird seeing a term with a widespread connotation being translated to something that has no real meaning. It just makes the whole thing sound unrelatable and specific. Especially after they use the same phrase repeatedly.

I guess I shouldn't be saying that as someone who isn't Japanese, though. Maybe I just got used to the term chuunibyou and I'll get used to this!
More than anything, that title/description feels mechanical. Here's what I translated that portion to be:
Quote:
This might be a little sudden, but I have a confession to make. I, Yuuta Togashi, suffered from childish delusions when I was in middle school. But as I had graduated from middle school, so too did I graduate from my dark history. I’m currently enjoying my high school life. It’s smooth sailing. I had forgotten all about my dark history…. Or I was supposed to. Unfortunately, a sad event had to occur. Well, maybe I should say it was bound to occur. And so, beginning with that event, I was locked into a contract with Rikka Takanashi. Rikka disrupted my ordinary life! Stop stimulating my delusions!
My issues with it lie in the excessive description of the "delusions" and the latter half being about a date. We've not seen many dates in KyoAni shows, so the use of that term is very strange. The other is the POV of the title. It makes the show sound like it's from Rikka's POV, but the description is from Yuuta's. A better (fully translated) title would be She's Delusional, But I Still Want to Love Her! This allows you to keep the "delusions" while focusing on Yuuta, your POV character. Meh.

Old 2012-09-23, 13:46   Link #570
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

So megax, how was the Tokyo screening?
Well, now that you asked, I have a decently detailed report from 2ch to share!
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Other comments I've read have said it was really entertaining.

Keep in mind that I'm going off a 2ch report that omits some details. Some context was inferred which may not be 100% accurate.

Old 2012-09-23, 13:51   Link #571
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Damn, I translated this poorly .

Also confirmed to be 12 episodes long.
I like it. I prefer 1 cour anime.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 08:35   Link #572
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I have been worried about them running out of steam as they churn out some original content over more than one cour.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:52   Link #573
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It makes sense that it's 13 episodes. If it really is only covering the first book, it would have needed a lot more original content than what we've been hinted at so far.
Old 2012-09-25, 20:06   Link #574
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It makes sense that it's 13 episodes. If it really is only covering the first book, it would have needed a lot more original content than what we've been hinted at so far.
It says "12 episodes" in the official Tbs link above.
(Although it could still be 12+1, with the last ep. coming with the last Bluray, as is happening with many series nowadays.)
Old 2012-09-25, 20:17   Link #575
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
(Although it could still be 12+1, with the last ep. coming with the last Bluray, as is happening with many series nowadays.)
Not directly replying to you, but to the thread as a whole.

The last anime that KyoAni animated which had 12 episodes was Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu. Since then, each series has had either 13/14 episodes (one-cour) or 24-28 episodes (two cour). Each of the TBS series (with the exception of Kanon) had additional episodes added via DVD/BD on the final volumes/additional volumes (AIR). TBS themselves list the second season of K-On! as only having 24 episodes, so we can't trust that 100% at this moment. Once the BD/DVD solicitations arise (and believe me when I say I'm searching quite often for them), we'll have a more accurate number. The important thing is that it's a one cour series.

Old 2012-09-26, 01:31   Link #576
OkamiNoKaze

This show looks great, I get a Fuuko vibe from her, also a bit of Konata too. Yuuto's Flame Master outfit reminds me of Sword Art online, though that leather strap on the back of the pant legs makes me laugh, just like those Tripp pants from Hot Topic a few years ago. Also that promo ending song reminded me of the Op for Dokura-chan
Old 2012-09-26, 01:34   Link #577
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
I wasn't really paying attention to the specific number. I just didn't want to use the word cour because I always thought the word was cours .
Old 2012-09-26, 01:47   Link #578
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

According to the official twitter, we'll be getting another new PV tomorrow. 7 more days until episode one premier!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 04:58   Link #579
teja208
Critical fanboy

I'm so excited to see the new preview. Wonder what we'll be getting this time since all the three previous previews are totally different.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 20:22   Link #580
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I'm so excited to see the new preview. Wonder what we'll be getting this time since all the three previous previews are totally different.
I wonder, too... more happy trolling that has nothing to do with the series, or an actual preview?

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen