AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-30, 18:51   Link #1
Kunagisa

Aquarion EVOL - generic discussion thread

ANN.

Quote:
According to Kawamori, the story will take place 12,000 years after the first Aquarion television series at a city modeled after Hong Kong — which is the reason Kawamori decided to announce the project details there. A new cast of characters, piloting a new Aquarion robot, will fight enemies from another dimension. However, Kawamori hinted that the characters might be reincarnations of Apollo, Silvia, and the other characters from the first series.
Staff Info:

Quote:
Chief Director:
Shoji Kawamori

Director:
Yusuke Yamamoto

Series Composition:
Mari Okada

Original creator:
Shoji Kawamori

Original Character Design:
Chinatsu Kurahana
Kana Ishida

Character Design:
Kana Ishida
Hirotaka Marufuji

Theme Song Production:
Yoko Kanno

Animation Production:
Satelight x 8-bit
Website

Few new faces, but Okada's probably the one that drew in the most attention at this point. Also joint Satelight and 8-bit's pretty good news as well (although probably expected by many).

Something to chew on while suffering Macross withdrawl from re-watches and waiting for 2nd movie's BR release?

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-06-30 at 19:40.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 19:15   Link #2
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
HOLY SHI-

They're really making it 12,000 years after the first series? I always suspected that they might given the theme line on the main webpage "A new series passing 12,000 years,", but I always wondered how the heck they would handle the technology difference? And yeah, looking at the main webpage, it's obvious at least Apollo and Touma are coming back in some way.
Old 2011-06-30, 19:32   Link #3
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Man they really can't let this show die in peace. Kawamori should come with something new already.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 20:15   Link #4
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Strange we didn't get a thread till now, but then again this is Aquarion after all, so I don't think there is that much interest around here.

My experience with the first Aquarion wasn't a memorable one to be perfectly honest. I can't say it left much of an impression on me, but it was okay for the most part I guess ... I mean I'll most likely watch this since the designs seem interesting, the location choice is pretty cool (as cool as a Pokemon movie modeling it's location on Venice, but still cool) and there is Yoko Kanno and 8-Bit and stuff.

On the other hand, lots of stuff to be weary off for myself. Aquarion like I said wasn't the biggest fan of, Okada is ... Okada so this might end up ... not being that ''clever'' to say the least. And Kawamori is ... Kawamori.

So on cautious mode for now.

Quote:
Something to chew on while suffering Macross withdrawl from re-watches and waiting for 2nd movie's BR release?
Yeah it might work for that, though we can always just go through the Macross catalog and then spend hours just listing to Yoko Kanno's score!

Oh, wait, I already done that ... Aquarion EVOL it is then ...

Last edited by Arabesque; 2011-07-15 at 06:33. Reason: spelling -_-
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 20:51   Link #5
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Hmm, considering when this was first announced, it could air in the fall.
Old 2011-06-30, 21:05   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm... The best thing that came from Aquarion... Is probably... The Opening song...

...Erm, yeah
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 21:12   Link #7
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Glad they do this, though I have mixed memories of Aquarion. The music was haunting and easily it's most memorable feature. I liked the story and characters and it had an overall good start, apart from the horrendous and silly transformation sequences. As the series went on the story became a bit dull and things generally went down the drain but it was enjoyable throughout.

I'm glad, really glad they do this 12'000 years after the first one. For one because it was a recurring theme throughout the series and more importantly because of the ending. My god, I raged at the ending. Not only was it overall not very satisfying but there was one thing I particularly couldn't stomach. I was waiting all series long for it to happen and when it finally did he's all like "Yo, Ima sacrificing myself. See ya in another 12'000 years. Maybe."

I really hope they conclude it this time, for good. And they have another shot at Aquarion. Maybe they'll make something amazing out of it this time.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 09:24   Link #8
tsunade666

Unexpected turn of events. They really plan to do another project and a 12 000 years after <.< by that time it should be enough time for academy city to conquer the solar system or universe.
Old 2011-07-09, 06:33   Link #9
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Stepping into this thread with the following statement: Calling the comedy option of Toma and Apollo being the girls.
Old 2011-07-09, 17:40   Link #10
Westlo
Lets be reality

Silvia is the purple haired girl, Apollo the guy and Toma the green haired girl.

I called it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 19:00   Link #11
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Silvia is the purple haired girl, Apollo the guy and Toma the green haired girl.

I called it.
I think the green haired girl could possibly be Reika.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 13:42   Link #12
Nayim

New pic if someone didn't post:

http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show?md...07ceda51df465d
Old 2011-07-10, 14:06   Link #13
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The negative replies on this thread are probably people who don't play SRW.

More Aquarion = more awesomeness for SRW.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 21:42   Link #14
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The negative replies on this thread are probably people who don't play SRW.

More Aquarion = more awesomeness for SRW.
Hahaha, that's the best way to look at things. "Hey, at least it'll help make a kickass game!"

I found the original Aquarion pretty... average, but my sister really liked it so I'll probably watch this together with her.
Old 2011-07-12, 11:39   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm... The best thing that came from Aquarion... Is probably... The Opening song...

...Erm, yeah
I wonder who said that since I can agree with them there

Will give this a look just out of curiosity on how it will turn out. Although expectations do seem low for me.
Old 2011-07-13, 11:47   Link #16
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post

why does this picture remind me of macross frontier. With the purple haired girl Sherry and the green haired Ranka .... though the mc guy is no where near Alto.
Old 2011-07-13, 15:40   Link #17
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
why does this picture remind me of macross frontier. With the purple haired girl Sherry and the green haired Ranka .... though the mc guy is no where near Alto.
Same person who create Macross F, i think.
Old 2011-07-14, 02:58   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

Really pointless to go for a LT here... As if Apollo v1064:5 is going to go "remember how I said we'll hook up in 12000 years? I lied!" only way it would be believable is if one of those girls is touma reincarnated lolol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 15:47   Link #19
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
My only experience with Aquarion so far is Super Robot Wars Z and the cast didn't really do much for me. I kind of found Apollo annoying and the brother and sister incest duo equally so. Then of course theres' the whole docking and having orgasm thing. The show just seems like it must be really weird from what I saw there and what I've heard the MAHQ crew discuss. Mid to Late 90's Tomino shows come to mind actually.

I don't know, I think like Tomino, Kawamori is one of those directors who just got weird for some reason as opposed to creative and interesting in how he directs his shows. He was rock solid during the 90's, but then everything since has been....weird. I honestly can't think of any other word to describe his later work.

Sadly his shows seem to be the only chance that we get to hear Yoko Kanno anymore (since other weird director Yoshiyuki Tomino seems to have called it a career....funny how these two guys have worked with Kanno more than perhaps any other director and both are famous for their earlier work and people have mixed feelings about their later stuff) so I'll be looking to this soundtrack if nothing else to see if it returns her work to her stronger days after the Macross Frontier OST which I found below average for her standard. I guess when you set the bar so high it's hard to keep reaching that level, but I'd love to see her reach those heights again.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 16:26   Link #20
KBTKaiser

more aquarion is nice, as a SRW player. You really can't say no to a 120 morale access 1-14 MUGEN PUNCH and the 130 morale access Element System(Main pilot gets the better pilot stats from the other two)

The only issue with SRW is that it doesn't do justice to its plot. Because the out of combat parts are by far the more crucial developments.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction