AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 04:58   Link #1021
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That doesn't make much sense. If it was only from the vision then he would have said or implied it was only from the vision. You don't say you know someone when you've never met them before or even spoken to them. Unless there's a translation error he's clearly hinting at something more. And given the context within which he states it it's more likely the former than the latter.
But it was implied that it's from the vision: when he tells Mikoto that he also feels he knows Kagura and knows that Kagura is the one person he shouldn't give up Mikono to, there is a helpful flashback to the vision. (I haven't seen the sub btw.)

The only time where I felt that there might be something more to it was when Kagura was posing with his back to the sun, saying "back off, this is my bitch," and Amata was all "wtf, no." But that was a bit too vague, especially since Kagura showed no signs of recognition either. I suppose we'll see sooner or later. I'm pretty sure that there's a connection between the two so...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 05:03   Link #1022
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But it was implied that it's from the vision: when he tells Mikoto that he also feels he knows Kagura and knows that Kagura is the one person he shouldn't give up Mikono to, there is a helpful flashback to the vision. (I haven't seen the sub btw.)

The only time where I felt that there might be something more to it was when Kagura was posing with his back to the sun, saying "back off, this is my bitch," and Amata was all "wtf, no." But that was a bit too vague. I suppose we'll see sooner or later. I'm pretty sure that there's a connection between the two so...
Well he actually says it in response to Mikono saying she feels like she knows him and we both know that she wasn't talking in regards to the vision. And there's a difference between just seeing someone in a vision which he remembers distinctly and feeling like he actually knows the person. He even wonders why he he feels like he knows him which would be silly if it was simply because of the vision, since he has a flashback explicitly pointing him out.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 05:18   Link #1023
kuromitsu

Quote:
Well he actually says it in response to Mikono saying she feels like she knows him and we both know that she wasn't talking in regards to the vision. And there's a difference between just seeing someone in a vision which he remembers distinctly and feeling like he actually knows the person. He even wonders why he he feels like he knows him which would be silly if it was simply because of the vision, since he has a flashback explicitly pointing him out.
I don't know, to me there wasn't such an emphasis on Amata "knowing" Kagura. It seemed that he remembered Kagura from the vision and remembered that Kagura would make Mikono miserable (she doesn't exactly look happy in the vision), so he knew that Kagura was extra dangerous. (When does he wonder where he knows Kagura from? I don't remember that part, then again, my memory is like a sieve.)

Mikono, she's a different case since so far she's the only one who clearly knows Kagura from somewhere else than Cayenne's vision.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 05:22   Link #1024
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I don't know, to me there wasn't such an emphasis on Amata "knowing" Kagura. It seemed that he remembered Kagura from the vision and remembered that Kagura would make Mikono miserable (she doesn't exactly look happy in the vision), so he knew that Kagura was extra dangerous. (When does he wonder where he knows Kagura from? I don't remember that part, then again, my memory is like a sieve.)

Mikono, she's a different case since so far she's the only one who clearly knows Kagura from somewhere else than Cayenne's vision.
But why would he wonder the connection he and Mikono has toward the guy, it makes no sense.
Old 2012-02-07, 05:58   Link #1025
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Why does it feel more and more that I want Mikono to end up with Kagura? I mean sure I'm a HanaKana fanatic (Zessica episode next one aww yeah!), but still, more and more I'm more interested with what's up with Mikono/Kagura. Maybe because it has more mystery and/or they have this romeo/juliet vibe to them?

I mean, there IS a reason why their respective planets are named Altair (Hikoboshi - Kagura's planet) and Vega (Orihime - Mikono's planet), right? RIGHT? :grasping at straws:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 06:12   Link #1026
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I'm pretty sure Kagura couldn't give a rats ass about Altair's need for special women and is chasing Mikono purely because something about her drives him love-crazy (Mykage seems to be playing this to his advantage but Kagura is nothing more than an unwitting pawn to him). He's a pretty innocent fellow when you get down to the core of him, and it fits his motif as an tamed animal: he's driven by his desires, follows the orders of his master.
yup pretty sure kagura is being used like a dog but i also think izumo and the others don't want to lose him either though. i also think zen knows izumo.

i also prefer if apollo's reincarnation or kagura would stop with the stinky bitch statements. if silvia were to hear it, he would be six feet under right now. i prefer it if he refers to her as amazon but mikono is too delicate cause of the trauma from 12000 years of apollo's constant "amazon" references
but i guess the director of the show knows what will attract fangirls with the bad boyz in the anime.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 06:14   Link #1027
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Why does it feel more and more that I want Mikono to end up with Kagura? I mean sure I'm a HanaKana fanatic (Zessica episode next one aww yeah!), but still, more and more I'm more interested with what's up with Mikono/Kagura. Maybe because it has more mystery and/or they have this romeo/juliet vibe to them?

I mean, there IS a reason why their respective planets are named Altair (Hikoboshi - Kagura's planet) and Vega (Orihime - Mikono's planet), right? RIGHT? :grasping at straws:
Considering the type of show it is (there are most likely some kids watching this), it's unlikely that'll happen. Though the writers could always put a twist in there.
Old 2012-02-07, 07:18   Link #1028
Ypocaramel

Kids watching anime at 1:35am Monday? Not sure about that mate...
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 07:35   Link #1029
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
@mayumi you must have a different translation, I haven't seen him call her "stinky bitch" at all. Only "smelly woman" and "my woman" Also he's already said "she stinks deliciously" so it's not really an insult when he says it and Apollo also called Silvia, stinky--idiot princess, amazon, among other things... and in the OVA he told her he'd never eat her because she'd taste rotten. Seriously I think some of you are making too much out of that

@Tenchi Hou Take--Aquarion is a Seinen not a Shounen it's target audience is adult males. Trust me if they could dissect a little kid, while he's still alive, they're not thinking about children

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
This might be slightly offtopic. What is the difference between Sousei no Aquarion's OVA and its movie?
It's not offtopic...

Basically the OAV compresses the entire season, some 26 Episodes into two OVA's that were 49 minutes each. It's an alternate reality but the plot doesn't stray that far from the Original Series. It basically had all the major plot points happen in different way. The biggest change was Reika, she's not an emo-oh-woe-is-me-I-am-a-useless-bad-luck-girl-who-brings-misfortune-down-on-everything-and-everyone-I-touch-character she was in the OS. The OVA gave Reika a shot of self esteem along with visions of her a past life (one she didn't have in the series) and she was believe to be Celiane but she was a "false wing"

Reika was a reincarnation of "Scorpius" the third pilot in the union with Apollonius and Celiane. In the series he's unnamed but it's heavily implied that Fudo is the third pilot in the Series---HOLY SHIT! Where did Fudo come from? He's not dead, is he from an alternate world...Like Altea. Now that I think about it, he arrived and left through what could be a dimension gate.

Anyhoo they remade the universe because one thing that is consistent--Aquarion actually destroys the world instead of saving it . They created a parallel Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

You're not the only one I do too. Celiane and Apollonius' had that same "Romeo and Juliet" vibe was also in the OS. He was the enemy sent to hunt humans and slaughter them, but he fell in love with the "enemy" and betrayed his own kind. Right now it looks as if Kagura and Mikono are the same way. Silvia was a Shadow Angel by birth and this time Apollo was human. History repeats itself... Eh .Eh...Eh...Eh?

Silvia didn't like Apollo because he was rude and untamed, he acted like an animal. She was a bro-con who spent most of the series in-love with her brother--so it's not like her feelings can't "shift" to Kagura

There is some reason why they're meeting is "forbidden" all the forbidden, oh-no-no things in this series has to do with Love and is connected to Apollon and Sylvie.

I believe that EVOL is a retelling of Apollonius' and Celiane's story, the begining of everything--but it's using a parallel universe to do so. Because the OVA can be considered a prequel.

I really think that KaguraxMikono pairing will prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
A

What I'm waiting for is an explanation behind Kagura's intentions with Mikono or at least why he's seeking her out.
It could be because he's "in heat" --
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
A

I hope he turns to the good side because he's hot..
*high fives* Oh yeah he is...
More than likely Kagura will switch teams for Mikono. He thinks she's his mate (wolves mate for life..aww isn't that cute ).

Quote:
Just a note: Amata "knows" Kagura because he saw him in Cayenne's vision about Mikono's wedding ceremony in the first episode (or second, whatever).
You might be right-it could be Amata meant he knew him from the vision but I got the feeling it wasn't the vision, that made him fell this way.
Quote:
So far we have nothing else: in this episode
Do you mean nothing as in "reveal" or do you mean nothing that says that Kagura is Mikono's destined lover--Apollon?
Quote:
Kagura's only remark about Amata was that Amata was weird for having no scent, and going "oh hey, wings," and Amata didn't have any other reaction to Kagura aside of "must protect Mikono from him."
Yeah but what he said, was something to take note of. He asked him "what was he"? In all my years, in anime and manga--anytime a character says that to another character. They turn out to be something "other" than what they appeared to be. That was major.... as for "the wings" comment it could be because he was genuinely surprised he had wings..or because they were on his feet not his back
Quote:
Mikono is the one they both have a connection with: Kagura with his instant "she's my bitch" reaction (I wish he'd tone that down, all that "kuso onna" is starting to get grating...)
You know......I'm starting to think that you don't like Kagura

Nah it's cool, if you don't. I like it when he says "you're my woman". I like possessive bastard tsundere characters.But he's saying that because he thinks she's "his" Apollo and Apollon told their lady-loves they would never forget her scent. He's marked her as his, because of that scent--he's drawn to it. He thinks she's his...(boy that was redundant )
Honestly... I feel the same way every time Amata goes "Mikono san...Mikono-san" he's starting to remind of me of Orihime and her "Kurosaki-Kun's"

It's his nature--he is savagely awesome, just like Apollo was in the OS. It's the nature of the beast, that causes him to act this. Apollo was just as cocky and never wanted to give up or accept defeat. He would try to do it alone and no matter what they said he did what he wanted--and he had to learn that he can't always do that. The hard way.

...Kagura is the same way
Quote:
and Amata with his conviction that their meeting was fate.
It might be fate-- no matter how good or bad it may be for one of them.
Quote:
Also, Mikono said she felt she's known Amata for a long time,
When did she say that? I don't recall. Care to jog my memory?
Quote:
she also has some as of yet unearthed memories about Kagura.
I don't think she has "memories" of him. I think her soul recognized him, once she actually came into contact with him
If he continues to chase her or appear where she is--I will be very happy. Apollo was like a stalker and he would follow Silvia everywhere because it felt "natural" for him to be with her.
Quote:
As for Kagura and Amata having a dogfight, it's inevitable? ;; I'm just wondering when it will happen, that is, whether Kagura is the penultimate boss, or he will switch sides at some point.
Did you watch the OS?

More than likely we will see Kagura and Amata fight many many times before the series is over and Kagura will lose and come back again with some other weapon, if it follows the formula of the OS. It will be like "monster" of the week only the "monster of the week" will be the same monster from last week--a recurring character.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 07:37   Link #1030
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Kids watching anime at 1:35am Monday? Not sure about that mate...
It's shown at 1.35 AM, Why this show isn't particularily mature at all, heck it's probably less so than gundam. There isn't even much fanservice. Wow someone messed up.
Old 2012-02-07, 07:42   Link #1031
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
It's shown at 1.35 AM, Why this show isn't particularily mature at all, heck it's probably less so than gundam. There isn't even much fanservice. Wow someone messed up.
Fanservice doesn't make it mature--if anything it's the kind of thing that young boys can get their rocks off. The interveiw said EVOL will "take a darker turn" and people die in Aquarion..be it main characters or some random person...death is still death (Hell Apollo mistakenly destroyed a city in the first episode of the OS)

.and um, did the orgasm escape your notice? I daresay it is mature
Old 2012-02-07, 07:48   Link #1032
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Fanservice doesn't make it mature--if anything it's the kind of thing that young boys can get their rocks off. The interveiw said EVOL will "take a darker turn" and people die in Aquarion..be it main characters or some random person...death is still death (Hell Apollo mistakenly destroyed a city in the first episode of the OS)

.and um, did the orgasm escape your notice? I daresay it is mature
People dying means jack shit, every mecha in existence has people dying and loads of them. Gundam has it in streams even the ones aimed at children. It's not a very mature show and unless it starts taking an extremely drastic turn it probably won't become particularily mature though it may become standard mecha maturity.

The very shows premise is about separating boys from girls for whatever reason and them combining to become "stronger" with some cock blocking about forbidden love. Clearly the fountain of maturity. It's like they combined standard shounen mecha with some Shoujo and this is what they got.
Old 2012-02-07, 07:52   Link #1033
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
People dying means jack shit, every mecha in existence has people dying and loads of them. Gundamhas it in streams even the ones aimed at children. It's not a very mature show and unless it starts taking an extremely drastic turn it probably won't become particularily mature though it may become standard mecha maturity.

The very shows premise is about separating boys from girls for whatever reason and them combining to become "stronger" with some cock blocking about forbidden love. Clearly the fountain of maturity.

Are you under the impression that all these Anime shows you've been watching, the ones with tons of attention on forums and blogs, the ones that create memes from thin air, are aired during the day?

For a lack of a better term, these are all 'Otaku' shows target at older watchers, and they're all at night.

Gundam is an exception because it's a mainstream title.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 07:54   Link #1034
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are you under the impression that all these Anime shows you've been watching, the ones with tons of attention on forums and blogs, the ones that create memes from thin air, are aired during the day?
Neh i know typically know which ones are aimed during the day, and which aren't, Shounen jump and and standard shounens are typically shown during the day practically everything else at night except for some Mecha's I just assumed this was one of those Mecha's considering the shows content. Clearly I was wrong.
Old 2012-02-07, 07:56   Link #1035
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Quote:
People dying means jack shit, every mecha in existence has people dying and loads of them. Gundamhas it in streams even the ones aimed at children. It's not a very mature show and unless it starts taking an extremely drastic turn it probably won't become particularily mature though it may become standard mecha maturity.

The very shows premise is about separating boys from girls for whatever reason and them combining to become "stronger" with some cock blocking about forbidden love. Clearly the fountain of maturity.
Did you watch the OS? You couldn't have

I can't speak for every mecha in existence but all the anime I saw that had people dying all through them were all SEINEN

The plot is too heavy for young children. It's a SEINEN...

btw, in the 80's Gunda's target audience were ADULT MALES...they target younger ones now....
Old 2012-02-07, 07:56   Link #1036
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Neh i know typically know which ones are aimed during the day, and which aren't, Shounen jump and and standard shounens are typically shown during the day practically everything else at night except for some Mecha's I just assumed this was one of those Mecha's considering the shows content. Clearly I was wrong.
I'm pretty sure the show's contents were screaming 'Otaku Material' from the get go
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 07:58   Link #1037
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I can't speak for every mecha in existence but all the anime I saw that had people dying all through them were all SEINEN

btw, in the 80's Gunda's target audience were ADULT MALES...they target younger ones now....
The original gundam was a childrens show, it's simply those children grew up and were still interested in it. And numerous gundam shows, and super robot shows which this show is were aimed at children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm pretty sure the show's contents were screaming 'Otaku Material' from the get go
While they're were some Otaku elements heck you can find those with most main stream shounens , the majority of the show could be easily aimed at Children. I mean the most popular shounen in Japan was about a 17 (now 19) year dudes pirate adventure with his crew composing of people in their 19 and 20's. This show really isn't more mature than that.

Quote:
Did you watch the OS? You couldn't have

What do you think children are morons, most shounens have plenty of death, freaking Death Note is shounen. Most shounen animes also have a lot of death. If you think simply having death makes something seinen you haven't read much seinen. In fact most seinen animes came from shounen manga's. While writing quality plays a distinct part there's generally a very different way in which seinens are handled in comparison to shounens, there's a lot more assumed knowledge with seinen.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-02-07 at 08:10.
Old 2012-02-07, 08:19   Link #1038
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
This might be slightly offtopic. What is the difference between Sousei no Aquarion's OVA and its movie?
I didn't know there was a movie of Aquarion. I know there were 2 OVAs, Uragiri no Tsubasa and Taiyou no Tsubasa. And after googling it, apparently there were also 2 movies, Gekijouban Sousei no Aquarion Sousei Shinwa Hen and Gekijouban Sousei no Aquarion Ippatsu Gyakuten Hen. Though when I read the plot summary on MAL it sounded like the 2 OVAs

But for what it's worth, I finally know the source of Solar Aquarion's Ippatsu Gyakuten Punch on SRW Z2 Hakai Hen

That was awesome. Fudo said the lyrics of Sousei no Aquarion and Apollo-Sylvia-Reika start to sang the song too
And that dancing Solar Aquarion on the end of the video was great XD
Old 2012-02-07, 08:29   Link #1039
mayumi

Silvia is hilarious in that video. I loved it. She kept it fun.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 09:32   Link #1040
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

You guys are being silly. I agree with Tenchi Hou Take about shounen like Naruto or Bleach showing death, but shows like K-On are the most inoffensive things in the world and K-On aired at 2 AM. It isn't strictly death or sex that decides when things air. No one messed up. Aquarion is being aired in a timeslot for otaku, because the producers feel that it would appeal to otaku. It probably isn't worth buying an expensive timeslot to have more kids watching it in their minds, since they probably don't think it will appeal to children.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction