AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-02, 23:23   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 730 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The break is over, so here's the goods, courtesy of AP's Redon:

Quote:
- Zoro and Kinemon tries to save Law but Fujitora stops Zoro and Doflamingo attacks Kinemon.
- Luffy tries to help them but the railing are made of Kairoseki.
- Doflamingo takes Law to the Palace with Fujitora. The Marines start chasing Zoro, Kinemon and Luffy.
- "We must hurry. I can still hear Law's voice." Luffy says.
- At this moment Big Mom ship appears in back of Thousand Sunny for seizing Caesar.
- Nami analyzes that there are three cards: Caesar, SMILE factory and Momonosuke. Doflamingo has his unspoiled factory and Law. Now Big Mom wants Caesar. They have to protect Caesar and Momonosuke for Law and go to Zou. Franky, Usopp and Robin destroys factory. Luffy, Zoro and Kinemon goes to the Palace for rescuing Law and kicking Doflamingo's ass.

End of chapter.

Er.... my, things sure seem to be proceeding fast this chapter. So Big Mom's involved in this now too, eh? I guess that's Pekoms and that Baron guy on board that ship. And Sanji's group ARE heading to Zou after all? Geez guys, make up your minds already!

Anyway, looks like Zoro has a brief clash with Fujitora this chapter (still strongly doubt he's capable of beating him at this stage, though). And I'm unsure if that line about Franky's group destroying the factory means they already succeeded in destroying it, or it's a screwy translation and they're setting off to destroy it. Eh, I'll wait for the full chapter to clarify that matter. I also find it interesting that there's no indication of the tournament ending prematurely despite Luffy ditching the stadium to chase after Dofla. Well, guess that means Rebecca may have a somewhat better chance of winning the mera fruit now that Luffy's dropped out, lol.
Old 2013-12-02, 23:48   Link #2
danielevo

Seriously, this chapter was really great..
Can't wait to see the full chapter..
And btw, we still dont know that big mom is on the ship, maybe that ship just big mom alliance or pekoms group..
And i dont see any relationship beetwen big mom and caesar,, can anyone explain possible theory why big mom want to seize caesar ?
And if franky really destroy the factory already, then the remaining key is caesar and momonosuke..
Old 2013-12-03, 00:06   Link #3
marvelB

Y'know, I think I can kinda see where things will go from here: If Kaidou discovers that Big Mama is interested in Caesar (which basically means she's interested in the SAD/Smiles), then he'll get pissed and send his forces after HER. Then the whole thing will escalate to a war between two emperors, which will most definitely weaken both sides' forces (especially if the factory's been destroyed by that time). And of course, THAT would lead to the supernova alliances taking advantage of the situation and taking down said emperors when they've exhausted most of their resources. At the very least, I can see that as one of the most plausible ways for Luffy and co. to combat the Yonkou at this point (since, as I already said a fair few times for a while now, I don't see them lasting long against the full might of an emperor's crew at their current strength).

....And for the record, I'm not counting Blackbeard's crew here since there's been no indication that they're interested in anything but the Mera Mera fruit. But going back to Big Mama, if she didn't send the Pekoms/Tamago combo, I wonder who else she'd send? Perhaps her first mate or vice-captain? Or else Koala the three-eyed girl (who may be the aforementioned first mate)....?
Old 2013-12-03, 03:49   Link #4
JonSnow

Hmm... I got a feeling that Sanji's about to become a punching bag again.

I can already see 2 scenarios happening here: The sunny team gets captured and the sun pirates will be forced to help them escape, severing his ties with big mom, or CC gets taken away and the sunny team ends up retreating.

Either ways, the vivre card that Lola gave Nami will finally be useful.
Old 2013-12-03, 06:59   Link #5
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, I think I can kinda see where things will go from here: If Kaidou discovers that Big Mama is interested in Caesar (which basically means she's interested in the SAD/Smiles), then he'll get pissed and send his forces after HER. Then the whole thing will escalate to a war between two emperors, which will most definitely weaken both sides' forces (especially if the factory's been destroyed by that time). And of course, THAT would lead to the supernova alliances taking advantage of the situation and taking down said emperors when they've exhausted most of their resources. At the very least, I can see that as one of the most plausible ways for Luffy and co. to combat the Yonkou at this point (since, as I already said a fair few times for a while now, I don't see them lasting long against the full might of an emperor's crew at their current strength).

....And for the record, I'm not counting Blackbeard's crew here since there's been no indication that they're interested in anything but the Mera Mera fruit. But going back to Big Mama, if she didn't send the Pekoms/Tamago combo, I wonder who else she'd send? Perhaps her first mate or vice-captain? Or else Koala the three-eyed girl (who may be the aforementioned first mate)....?
You're forgetting something else. Caribou has been captured, and he'll surely want to save his life. There's only one way he may quench Kaido's wrath, and that's the secret only he knows. And it happens the island where that secret lies is currently Big Mam's territory.

Things are escalating quickly.
Old 2013-12-03, 12:18   Link #6
II Maestro

Um so Luffy can't escape because he is holding is made of sea stone so why didn't he just destroy the wall or Zoro could've cut the wall he did cut mermaid palace like nothing after all.
Old 2013-12-03, 13:13   Link #7
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Um so Luffy can't escape because he is holding is made of sea stone so why didn't he just destroy the wall or Zoro could've cut the wall he did cut mermaid palace like nothing after all.
They didn't think of that at the time. Plus Luffy was holding onto it for a while so it could have taken up most of his strength.
Old 2013-12-03, 13:54   Link #8
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

When Sanji asked for authourization to attack Big Mom ship, was he talking to Luffy or Franky?

It's Showtime
Old 2013-12-03, 14:05   Link #9
animeisinteresting

This is getting interesting! is this the last chapter for the year?
Old 2013-12-03, 14:12   Link #10
Rainbowman

Another confusing chapter. Big Mam arriving instead of Kaidou.
Old 2013-12-03, 14:13   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

B-b-but...Mera mera fruit =/ This is turning into quite the mess for...well, just about everyone.
Old 2013-12-03, 15:21   Link #12
SeanQ

Don't think Big Mom is on the ship lol too many big characters for Luffy's crew to deal with then ...

Fujitora too op stopping zoro with little effort.
Old 2013-12-03, 15:43   Link #13
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

What a cluster fuck...I love it!
Old 2013-12-03, 16:13   Link #14
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
When Sanji asked for authourization to attack Big Mom ship, was he talking to Luffy or Franky?
Obviously he is asking Luffy the captain, why would he ask Franky?
Old 2013-12-03, 16:51   Link #15
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Man, that chapter was just amazing!

I have no idea how Sanji will do against Big Mom's crew, they are going to be strong. Without Zoro and Luffy to back him up, guess will see what he can really do now. Hope he's finally redeemed and can take a few of them out, either way it'd be some thing. If not, I can see Kid and his team coming into the picture at the right moment, I mean they are after her too so. Wouldn't that be crazy if they came into this arc too? Awesome!

I like that both groups have different problems to deal with, Luffy's team V.S Dof's crew, Sanji's V.S Big Mom's, this is intense. Zoro did a pretty good job against some one like that, guess will see what level he's at now. If he can defeat this guy at the end of this arc that will really say some thing, safe to assume though that both Luffy and Zoro will get a bounty up date. Maybe Usopp / Robin / Franky too since they'll likely take down a few of Dof's men. Don't know about Sanji's group though, poor guy if he doesn't get one too.

Can't wait to see how things turn out

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-12-03, 16:57   Link #16
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

WTF happened to Zoro when he attacked Fujitora? It looked as if Zoro fell into some kind of "nothingness" and suddenly he reappeard from nowhere.

Regarding the chapter: Well boy, that escalated quickly. And congrats for all of those who whished for a "SH split up between distant islands arc" again. Wasn't the last time this happened, aside from "Luffy's solo adventure", the Don Krieg - Arlong arc?
Old 2013-12-03, 18:08   Link #17
marvelB

Huh, chapter's out early, eh? Too bad they're horrible Panda scans, though.... well, the better scans should follow soon.

Anyways, neat chapter. Looks like Pekoms and Tamago WERE on that ship after all (also LOL at Caesar for apparently swindling her). As far as Sanji fighting those BM guys goes, it's possible that he doesn't aim to defeat them, but rather distract or incapacitate them somehow so they don't follow them to Zou. Because once again, I have my doubts that he can suddenly take out a yonkou's elite troops when he barely lasted against Doflamingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
WTF happened to Zoro when he attacked Fujitora? It looked as if Zoro fell into some kind of "nothingness" and suddenly he reappeard from nowhere.

Think it's pretty clear that Fuji hit him with his gravity powers. Notice how in the next page he's struggling against the pressure from the gravitational field. Not that it's any surprise that Zoro would struggle against an admiral anyway, lol. I still kinda want to see him or Kinemon take on Bastille, though.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
You're forgetting something else. Caribou has been captured, and he'll surely want to save his life. There's only one way he may quench Kaido's wrath, and that's the secret only he knows. And it happens the island where that secret lies is currently Big Mam's territory.

Things are escalating quickly.

I haven't forgotten about Caribou, but if my theory proves true and the two emperors go to war with each other, I rather doubt that Kaidou would have the time and energy to verify Caribou's information. But of course, there may also be a certain bearded emperor who may be interested in that information.....
Old 2013-12-03, 18:24   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't say I expected Big Mom to get involved in this arc as well. This is getting more and more exciting. This is the most complex arc we've had in a long time, if not ever. There are so many different factions at work. The marines, Doflamingo, Law, Big Mom, Kaidou (in the background for now), Blackbeard... speaking of which, will the mera mera fruit fall in the hands of Blackbeard now that Luffy has left the tournament, or will something unexpected happen? It's hard to predict what's coming next, and I love it.
Old 2013-12-03, 18:47   Link #19
Homura7

Luffy hasn't yet left the tournament.
Old 2013-12-03, 20:07   Link #20
adriankhoo153

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

Regarding the chapter: Well boy, that escalated quickly. And congrats for all of those who whished for a "SH split up between distant islands arc" again. Wasn't the last time this happened, aside from "Luffy's solo adventure", the Don Krieg - Arlong arc?
Hmm, if it is another split up will be very boring. I mean they have split up for 2 freaking years and dun tell me again they lost like in Sabaody Achipelago arc. If this really happen, their 2 years splitting doesn't prove anything. I would in the other hand expect at least a good fight
Closed Thread