AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 16:08   Link #2321
Blossom550

i really like to learn how to play K-On songs too i mostly know much of Azusa's part because i guessed that her part is a little easy & she's a rhythm guitarist but sometime i can't do those fast strumming like in Pure Pure Heart
Blossom550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 12:39   Link #2322
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
I believe that Azusa's part is more difficult than Yui's part on most songs...at least for the songs I can play.
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 16:12   Link #2323
P90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
Actually, I've been planning to make tutorial videos since December 2011. The problem is going about the tutorial process, it has to be brief, yet actually helpful. If you guys would have suggestions on how it would be done, I could help you all out. Videos tailored to you, by you, to help you.
I would like it if you had videos focusing on certain licks/riffs with regular and 1/2 speed demos. Like how Azusa teaches Yui the opening to Fude Pen in Training Camp Again!.
P90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 05:36   Link #2324
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Yes, making tutorials are good idea. Especially for Azusa's parts. Though not a lot of people want to learn her part and prefer the rhythm instead, which is usually Yui's part. With in-video tabs, strumming and picking patterns, and tips. Now that's good.
Old 2012-06-08, 21:54   Link #2325
Blossom550

Ichigo Parfait ga Tomarenai azusa's part. i also finally learned her part in Singing but the solo is a little hard
Blossom550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 08:08   Link #2326
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

been a while since I've posted stuff here...

http://soundcloud.com/lightmusicband...azy-lead-cover

There's actually a funny story behind this cover. Friend said I don't have the slightest idea in doing pinch harmonics, and kept on rubbing it to my face, well in fact I've learned it a year ago...

But then again, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (maybe I have to do something a bit more bullet-y, oh well)
Old 2012-06-12, 09:23   Link #2327
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
Wow, you've improved a hell of a lot since you got that new guitar tone. What ever you've done, it sounds awesome! :P

As for your pinchies, you've got the idea, but you need to put more vibrato on them. You have to use them tastefully, or else you end up with just a high pitched tone that sounds like you missed the note.

IMO pinch harmonics sound quite bad if you over use them. Unless of course, you want to sound like Dimebag:

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2012-06-12 at 11:09.
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 00:15   Link #2328
deng17
Sylpheed

@LMB

Yep, you got it but as BigSmoke said, add a vibrato on it. The vibrato on that part is not that fast but not that wide. Vibrato brings out the full potential/beauty of pinch harmonics. That's what makes your guitar cry.

Also you should apply light vibrato on the pre-chorus riff. It starts with small and narrow vibrato then gradually increases. It's not that noticeable but you should be able to if you listen to it carefully. You'll see how the emotion heightens up for each note.

Anyway, this is a very good improvement. I would like to test your tone also. It's too heavy for me but I think I might need it for some songs.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:17   Link #2329
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

I should have used a fast wide vibrato (since I'm used in doing short and fast ones). Note taken... And I guess I'll make my vibratos sound more powerful (but I am using them in the pre-chorus riff). I'll remember that technique... Thanks...
Old 2012-06-13, 10:28   Link #2330
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

I'm very nearly done with my exams. I've got one left on Friday, then I have 12 weeks of nothing but guitar and gaming

I can't wait!

Also I've nearly been on the forums for a year, so happy birthday to me! I've only ever been in this thread lol
Old 2012-06-13, 12:42   Link #2331
deng17
Sylpheed

@LMB
Tom Hess (the guitar teacher I told you before) prefers wide and slow vibrato. I think it'll be more effective to start with that since you can practice on getting the accuracy.

Now that I mention it, I still have to improve more on vibrato XD.
Old 2012-06-13, 17:29   Link #2332
Ritsuwaifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
been a while since I've posted stuff here...

http://soundcloud.com/lightmusicband...azy-lead-cover

There's actually a funny story behind this cover. Friend said I don't have the slightest idea in doing pinch harmonics, and kept on rubbing it to my face, well in fact I've learned it a year ago...

But then again, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (maybe I have to do something a bit more bullet-y, oh well)
What are the settings on your amp to get that tone?

I have a fender mustang 1
Ritsuwaifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 23:50   Link #2333
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsuwaifu View Post
What are the settings on your amp to get that tone?

I have a fender mustang 1
I don't use an actual amp. I use a virtual amp (connecting my guitar directly to PC). Poulin Legion amp head VST+ Guitar Rig 4 combo. As to the tone, I got a tip from my friend: "If you wanna play bullet (which I don't) use high mid and low gain"... Yeah, high mid and low gain/drive. If you would want the more detailed description, I'll post it later... (I'm at school now, hahahaha). Thanks

So here's what my amp head should look like:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The addition of an equalizer is a really big factor in shaping the tone (something I have only begun to understand). Hope this helps...

Last edited by LightMusicBand; 2012-06-14 at 01:57.
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 09:10   Link #2334
deng17
Sylpheed

@LMB
I tried to use your setup. It's actually good for rhythm though it's a bit heavy. It's not that good with lead guitar since the note is dying fast (low sustain). At least for my guitar.

I've tried it with Demetori's Mysterious Mountain (I just learned it and improvised some parts that I don't know how to play yet). Tried playing Pre-Chorus to Chorus (at last I have the time to play something lol).

Here's a clip of the same recording but different setup:
Legion + GR4: http://soundcloud.com/xylph/mysterious-mountain-test
My Tone: http://soundcloud.com/xylph/mysterious-mountain-test-1

I think I may try to use your setup. I'll just tweak the equalizer a bit to match what I need. Good job on getting rid of that pesky 'high gain' from Legion. I'll still use my tone for lead parts.

Last edited by deng17; 2012-06-16 at 09:21.
Old 2012-06-17, 16:16   Link #2335
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
So I was going through some of the sheet music for the songs. Damn, we need to clean some of the stuff up from the Guitar Pro files. U&I, I can't even read the drum track...

Spoiler for Ex.:

Like seriously, we need people on this... I've been doing a bit in my spare time which is almost nothing with finals approaching and college applications still going.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 18:30   Link #2336
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

To this guys doing this cover: can you give me an update on how your parts are all going?
Old 2012-06-18, 22:08   Link #2337
S332666460

hey. my part is doing well but i have a couple exams this week so yeah. but other than that i am just working out some of the parts i am not fully confident with yet so give me a couple weeks and i should be done
S332666460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:49   Link #2338
trenton_dawn
Silt

Got my drums back from my friend. Should have time to work on it this weak.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:22   Link #2339
freshoutofthepan

I should be able to get the video recording up, though the quality is quite bad lol. Not sure how satisfied are you with the piano part, any changes you have in mind just tell me~
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:24   Link #2340
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshoutofthepan View Post
I should be able to get the video recording up, though the quality is quite bad lol. Not sure how satisfied are you with the piano part, any changes you have in mind just tell me~
The audio's great, and that's the main thing Do what ever you did with that recording but get the video with it and we'll be all set. Video quality isn't THAT important. The videos are going to be tiny anyway because I'll have to cram 5 of us on the screen at once :P

Trenton - Nice to hear, send me any samples/final takes or what ever when you have them

Same for you S332666460, message me if you have any questions or recordings.