AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-06, 02:56   Link #2881
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Connect the HDD to your PC and right click on the drive letter, there should be a "format" option, choose the NTFS format. It should be as simple as that
You don't need to re-format the drive since there is a dos command that allows you to convert it from FAT32 to NTFS
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 04:12   Link #2882
Sides

PSP remaster series coming soon ! read more on andriasang.com
To make it short, sony confirmed that some psp games will be released remastered for the PS3. Remastered means not only HD res, but also new PS3 features, like 3D and DS3 rumble support.
Capcom announced that Monster Hunter Portable HD (Portable 3rd) will be part of the series. Personally i'm hoping that Sega will be remastering Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3, for the PS3.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-05-22 at 12:13.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 09:51   Link #2883
Westlo
Lets be reality

The best thing about this is that the high profile PSP games that are coming out or already out like MHP3 now have a much bigger chance of coming to America. It's also a way to keep bringing PSP games out in the Western markets after the arrival of the NGP without worrying about the dead PSP market.

Also gives a chance to shine for some PSP games that have been completely overlooked, the God of War PSP games deserve a bigger audience, especially the more recent one. And than you have the big titles like PeaceWalker and Birth By Sleep.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 12:13   Link #2884
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also gives a chance to shine for some PSP games that have been completely overlooked, the God of War PSP games deserve a bigger audience, especially the more recent one. And than you have the big titles like PeaceWalker and Birth By Sleep.
Could not agree more. A lot of PSP games should have been home-consoles games in the first place. But if these re-releases prove to be success, some devs would question why on earth do they have to develop game with ps3 level of graphical complexity, if ps2/psp/wii levels rendered in 1080p is enough to satisfy gamers.
Personally i have mixed feeling for this, but if the price, say sub £20, i wouldn't mind repurchasing some titles.
To be really honest an official psp emu, that can render games at a higher resolution, on the PS3 would be enough for me.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 13:40   Link #2885
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Sony Confirms Playstation 4 Is In Development

Quote:
In a conference call with shareholders today, Sony CFO Masaru Kato explained away increased costs to research and development by confirming that a next-gen console was already in the works. “For the home equipment the PS3 still has a product life, but this is a platform business, so for the future platform – when we’ll be introducing what product I cannot discuss that – but our development work is already under way, so the costs are incurred there.”.

I'm not surprised !
Old 2011-05-27, 13:44   Link #2886
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

^ everyone created new console straight after the current been released

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 13:50   Link #2887
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Exactly i'd be scared if they hadn't started yet
Old 2011-05-27, 18:14   Link #2888
Valkyrur

I dont want to sound like im moaning but ...well its gonna sound like it lol

Im angry with sony atm ....
Im currently on my 4th ps3 ....
i had the first edition 60GB ..its yloded after 2 years ..then i payed to £130 to get a refurb ...it lasted 2months and 11days ...since it was in warrenty i got it replaced for free ...the next died after 2months and 4days .... so yeh ...(and before anyone says its reli airated and im not a massive user maybe 2 or 3 hours a day max) ......

At some point do u think sony might offer me a new one cuz this is just getting retarded ...and i wonder how much it costs them to
Pick up the console
and do the "Repair" lol if you can call it that

At some point surely it would be cheaper to give people a new console
What do you's think ?
Valkyrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 05:38   Link #2889
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Is anybody else having a problem getting into the Japanese PS Store? I've tried getting into it with my JP PSN accessing account, but it says "This service is not available in your country/region." If the JP PS Store was just still down from the hacks, I would think it would say "Under maintenance" like the US PS Store did.
Old 2011-06-13, 05:43   Link #2890
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrur View Post
I dont want to sound like im moaning but ...well its gonna sound like it lol

Im angry with sony atm ....
Im currently on my 4th ps3 ....
i had the first edition 60GB ..its yloded after 2 years ..then i payed to £130 to get a refurb ...it lasted 2months and 11days ...since it was in warrenty i got it replaced for free ...the next died after 2months and 4days .... so yeh ...(and before anyone says its reli airated and im not a massive user maybe 2 or 3 hours a day max) ......

At some point do u think sony might offer me a new one cuz this is just getting retarded ...and i wonder how much it costs them to
Pick up the console
and do the "Repair" lol if you can call it that

At some point surely it would be cheaper to give people a new console
What do you's think ?
How much did each of your PS3's last on average? I've only had the one for about a year and a half now and I haven't had any problems with it (even took it on a plane, albeit as hand-baggage) apart from the hacks, but that can't be blamed on the console itself.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 06:56   Link #2891
yeahitschris

damn im still on my first ps3, since i've got mine in 08'. do you guys clean out your ps3? i have mine standing vertical and once in awhile i use a dust sprayer and de-dust the vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Is anybody else having a problem getting into the Japanese PS Store? I've tried getting into it with my JP PSN accessing account, but it says "This service is not available in your country/region." If the JP PS Store was just still down from the hacks, I would think it would say "Under maintenance" like the US PS Store did.
i think Japan PSN is not up yet.
Old 2011-06-13, 07:11   Link #2892
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
di think Japan PSN is not up yet.
Japan PSN is up.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 10:41   Link #2893
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The PSN is, but not the store, yes?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 19:24   Link #2894
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So is the JP PS Store still down? Because the message says "This service is not available in your country region," not "Under maintenance."
Old 2011-06-13, 21:50   Link #2895
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So is the JP PS Store still down? Because the message says "This service is not available in your country region," not "Under maintenance."
Well, I navigated the website, and when I attempted to go into the store or something else (have no idea what I clicked) there's a notice of "under maintenance" and I can't login with my PS3 too (there's a notice after I reset my password, and the login failed).
Old 2011-06-14, 20:29   Link #2896
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Well, I navigated the website, and when I attempted to go into the store or something else (have no idea what I clicked) there's a notice of "under maintenance" and I can't login with my PS3 too (there's a notice after I reset my password, and the login failed).
yeah i tried to reset my password, it takes a day for them to send you your confirmation that you would like to reset your password
Old 2011-06-14, 22:46   Link #2897
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
^ everyone created new console straight after the current been released
It is because the PlayStation system is so popular
Old 2011-06-15, 16:50   Link #2898
Valkyrur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
How much did each of your PS3's last on average? I've only had the one for about a year and a half now and I haven't had any problems with it (even took it on a plane, albeit as hand-baggage) apart from the hacks, but that can't be blamed on the console itself.
The new ones are fine (mine lasted 2 years) its the refurbs ...they suck
my friends gave up on his second refurb and bought a slim but why should i fork out £220 for a problem that seems to occur in a majority of the original consoles ... but the refurbs, one would think they would fix the problem but its more like they just plaster it up.

Im worried about playing it as i dno wen the next time it will die ...but i know it will its just a matter of time.

I just wish sony would at least give me a discount on a slim cuz im tired of this crap lol :<
Old 2011-06-15, 16:59   Link #2899
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I've got an almost four year old 40GB PS3 with loud (very loud) fans. They come on after about 10 minutes and never shut off. I used to keep it dusted and used a vacuum every few weeks on the vents, and for the first six months or so it was blissfully quiet (especially compared to the 360 before you could install games to the hard drive). After those loud fans started though, the system makes me angry due to the noise, so I rarely play games on the PS3. A shame too since I really liked it up to that point and was using it as my main media player (it's still my only Blu-Ray player). Nothing like hurricane force winds to accompany my anime on Blu-Ray.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 17:10   Link #2900
Valkyrur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
I've got an almost four year old 40GB PS3 with loud (very loud) fans. They come on after about 10 minutes and never shut off. I used to keep it dusted and used a vacuum every few weeks on the vents, and for the first six months or so it was blissfully quiet (especially compared to the 360 before you could install games to the hard drive). After those loud fans started though, the system makes me angry due to the noise, so I rarely play games on the PS3. A shame too since I really liked it up to that point and was using it as my main media player (it's still my only Blu-Ray player). Nothing like hurricane force winds to accompany my anime on Blu-Ray.
Reli ? ...well like 4 weeks ago i got my Third ps3 (2nd Refurb) and its done the same ...like within 10 minutes of turning it on just sitting on the XMB it would goto Honestly MAX fan speed forever ...untill id turn it off ..so like after 2 days i phoned sony asking if this was a problem as id rather not get ANOTHER replacement ....

No joke they said

"Well it doesnt appear to be a problem but however we will replace it for you" ...
i was stunned so its a problem in its own as its not meant to do that but they wont admit it lol

Tags
console, ps3, sony