AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-03-05, 10:15   Link #261
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I am kinda getting annoyed with Democrat race, really they should flip a coin or something to decide who will win (I am only joking). At these rate I think that Republican might win, as the Democrats slowly kill each other. Still at this point I kinda lost interest in this race, I am beginning to think that South Park was right when they said it's always between Douche and a Turd .
Old 2008-03-05, 11:16   Link #262
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Puke?! Why?
It's the way he acts, he's being very deviant in this election. He knows the main reason why he's winning. Playing into the hopes in people's hearts with his "CHANGE." He gets much of the ignorant vote, the votes of people who don't really know anything about politics.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 12:33   Link #263
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I just wanted to voice my opinion that mcain or whatever his name is looks like a bad guy from some movies I watched(can't remmber which) so I'm really scared. I have no problems with obama(don't know much about him) but I fear that if he should win this election he will be assasinated by the KKK. and that will cause a lot of havoc, so its safer if he doesn't win.

Seriously I think there is some kinda conspiracy here to make sure republican party stays in power, in such a crucial time period the only democractic candidates is a black guy and woman, whos chances are winning are very slim....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:21   Link #264
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I just wanted to voice my opinion that mcain or whatever his name is looks like a bad guy from some movies I watched(can't remmber which) so I'm really scared. I have no problems with obama(don't know much about him) but I fear that if he should win this election he will be assasinated by the KKK. and that will cause a lot of havoc, so its safer if he doesn't win.

Seriously I think there is some kinda conspiracy here to make sure republican party stays in power, in such a crucial time period the only democractic candidates is a black guy and woman, whos chances are winning are very slim....
Before I run with this... before I further increase risk of an aneurism...

Are you serious? Are you really, truly serious that your objection to one of the candidates is that they look like a movie villain?

The Democratic part is running who they are because those are the people who got the support of the party. How they got to the front is a much longer story about politics, media practices, the fact that the Republican party has never had so little support from inside and outside its voting base, and a little more... But these are the "celebrity figures" in the Democratic party that are getting the party support. In the end, it comes down to that simple fact.

But are you REALLY serious about the other part?

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:40   Link #265
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's the way he acts, he's being very deviant in this election. He knows the main reason why he's winning. Playing into the hopes in people's hearts with his "CHANGE." He gets much of the ignorant vote, the votes of people who don't really know anything about politics.
That's how it has been since Andrew Jackson.
Old 2008-03-05, 14:10   Link #266
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave
McCain ftw! ^.^
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 14:48   Link #267
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post

I'm scared by the fact that people like you are able to vote.
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 14:52   Link #268
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
We could fix this problem by making people need to own a home or be married.
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 15:12   Link #269
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post

relax...I was joking anyways I don't vote so don't be scared

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 16:23   Link #270
Pacify

Considering that GWB was somehow, beyond all concepts of what I would consider rational, re-elected, I honestly cant feel certain that the democrats are actually going to win this time around. Still I suppose one should have some hope due to the high turnouts so far...

I've started to dislike Hillary, I used to be rather impartial to her but the last month or so my opinion of her has taken a nose dive. Imo she should just quit already, even with winning Texas and Ohio.... I don't think in the end she can win at this point.

American political system = lolsauce^10. Is it possible to have a more drawn out contest?
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 22:37   Link #271
Xacual

Between Hillary and Obama, I honestly can't see either of them being good in the White House. I can't stand either of them and definitely not McCain either.

I'll probably end up voting for a third party candidate just to show some kind of support. I really think we need more parties instead of two anyway.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 03:54   Link #272
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Wonderful. A Nader voter. We certainly do need a third party, but so far there isn't a credible alternative.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 04:56   Link #273
cyth
Banned

I was first exposed to Nader through yesterday's The Daily Show. I was somewhat impressed by his approach to specifics, but I believe the majority of voters can't connect to that.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 15:14   Link #274
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Nader would be most effective in the Justice department .... he really doesn't have a clue about foreign policy. Here's a scary ticket fantasy (or hilariously scary to certain factions:
Noam Chomsky and Ralph Nader........
Old 2008-03-07, 15:28   Link #275
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
In all seriousness guys, we cannot deny about the possibility of an assassination if a certain candidate were to become president.

And like Vexx said, even though Nader might know a lot about national policy, I believe that this is a time where foreign policy is very important, so that's where my vote will go to in the presidential election. It's just my interpretation of the risk management problem, assuming the extremes.

But on the other hand, the democrat candidates are really killing each other. Huckabee and Romney didn't really have a chance to talk smack about McCain, but Clinton and Obama will continue to exploit each other's weaknesses so that in the end, whoever wins will have his or her weakest link thoroughly examined, which I think, in theory, leaves McCain with the upper hand.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 15:58   Link #276
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If an assassination occurred it'd probably set off a race issue (or a gender issue, although you're probably not thinking that Hillary would be assassinated). I think that's a terrible reason to not vote for Obama, though. Democracy is supposed to work in that you vote for who you think would be best. If you're voting based on fear that your candidate will be assassinated, isn't that a "the terrorists win" sort of scenario?
Old 2008-03-07, 16:23   Link #277
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If an assassination occurred it'd probably set off a race issue (or a gender issue, although you're probably not thinking that Hillary would be assassinated). I think that's a terrible reason to not vote for Obama, though. Democracy is supposed to work in that you vote for who you think would be best. If you're voting based on fear that your candidate will be assassinated, isn't that a "the terrorists win" sort of scenario?
I never said that. I was merely making an objective statement about assassination, because I later on specified that I'm voting based on foreign policy. Personally I don't think people should not vote for someone they like because they fear he or she might get assassinated either. Judging from the numerous guards a specific candidate has throughout this campaign, I would say that person knew about the risks involved and I also that if the candidate's determined enough, then it shouldn't be our problem. I was just throwing the thought out there as a possibility.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 17:11   Link #278
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Considering that he has said back in '00 there is no difference between Al Gore and GWB, all I will say about Nader is that he's an ego-driven dumbass.
Old 2008-03-07, 17:31   Link #279
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I never said that. I was merely making an objective statement about assassination, because I later on specified that I'm voting based on foreign policy.
You're right. My reply was in response to the point brought up in your post, but I was really thinking more about this statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin
I have no problems with obama(don't know much about him) but I fear that if he should win this election he will be assasinated by the KKK. and that will cause a lot of havoc, so its safer if he doesn't win.
Sorry if you felt accused.
Old 2008-03-07, 17:40   Link #280
Xacual

I wasn't aware of this but apparently McCain supported the idea that immunizations can cause autism. That idea has been so discredited and disproved by all medical researchers that I can't believe a presidential candidate would say that.

Also I'm not sure who I'd vote for out of the third parties. I admit to being very liberal so I do tend to agree with Nader but I don't think I'd vote for him either.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, elections, politics, united_states