AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-20, 08:54   Link #441
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That position is Kallen's now, so she really has no purpose in this show until the end now. She hasn't demonstrated she can do anything at all. Ougi and Toudou probably do more than she does.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 08:58   Link #442
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

that kinda sucks. lol that means C.C is a pointless character other then the fact that she can talk to marianne and give people geass if not she would be like nina. pointless and nothing.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 08:59   Link #443
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, if you think about it that really is the only point to her character.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-20, 09:10   Link #444
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

true.. hmm i would think they had better make her do soemthing soon.. shes like a useless character now..
Old 2008-05-20, 09:12   Link #445
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wouldn't count on anything for a while though some scene related to V.V. or the Geass could come up I guess.

Old 2008-05-20, 09:19   Link #446
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

i hope C.C and V.V meet soon.. i wanna see what happens. hmm.. some scenes here and there... hope they're good tho
Old 2008-05-20, 09:21   Link #447
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Don't expect it till the final showdown, though I suppose he could pop up randomly. I get the impression from him that he doesn't travel very often though except when it's important.

Old 2008-05-20, 09:24   Link #448
Pathis87

Altough she doesn't really do much in the Order herself , she is an important factor to Lelouch giving him guidance how to deal with his geass properly like giving him that special lens and watching over him but that's probably why marianne keeps bugging her.
Until the day comes that kallen knows as much as CC about him and when she takes over the postion as person who he needs to find his support with (mentally) not only as LI then you could say CC is out of the picture .
I wonder if she(kallen) knows already about lelouch being a prince. Altough eclipse did implement it , i got the feeling they were more speculating then actually kallen saying it in her words .

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 13:27   Link #449
Used Can

^Kallen knows Nunally is Lelouch's sister. If Nunally is Governor of Area 11, that must mean she's part of the Britannian royalty, and if Lelouch is her brother, then he must be part of the royalty as well.

Also, while I agree Kallen has had more screen-time and relevance than C.C. in the current chapters, I do not think she has become more important than her in general. At the moments battles are being built; so, obviously, Kallen would have had more screen-time. Once the mysteries start to kick in, C.C. will start having more relevance. It was the same in the last season, although C.C. was a little more active since she had a little more freedom than the one she currently has.
Old 2008-05-20, 13:34   Link #450
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, maybe when they are out of Japan she will have a little more freedom, though we'll have to see.

Old 2008-05-20, 13:52   Link #451
Used Can

That's assuming she'll take interest in whatever Lelouch does in China. People tend to forget the OotBK is none of her business; she just got involved because Lelouch somewhat dragged her in.

Anyway, although I quite understand why would people whine a bit too much about her lack of appearances, I think there are 3 things which should be taken into consideration:

1. We've yet to see more of her past. I do not think it is a matter of if, but a matter of when they will be shown to us.
2. The mysteries at some point will start being revealed, and she'll be involved then.
3. Lelouch's Geass will go out of control again; she'll most likely will be involved in that situation too.

Kallen and other characters are getting more screen-time now because they deserve it. Also, by the time all the mysteries start getting focus, most likely, there won't be enough time to give them proper screen-time, and development; so, the time to give them the opportunity to shine is now. C.C. will get some focus eventually, but for the moment, I think it is only fair for the other characters to get their share.
Old 2008-05-20, 14:10   Link #452
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Also, while I agree Kallen has had more screen-time and relevance than C.C. in the current chapters, I do not think she has become more important than her in general. At the moments battles are being built; so, obviously, Kallen would have had more screen-time. Once the mysteries start to kick in, C.C. will start having more relevance. It was the same in the last season, although C.C. was a little more active since she had a little more freedom than the one she currently has.
There's a problem with this idea; unlike season 1, the mystery of Geass are no longer a monopoly for C2. She will have more relevance, sure, but V2 and Charles can, and probably will, fill in a large amount of what needs to told to both us and Lelouch. There's also one other thing to note, C2 disaccociated herself from Lelouch's battle in Episode 7. Meaning, that his fight is his own, after all, all she needs is for him to be alive and that'd be much easier without the Rebellion. I wouldn't be surprised if her role did continue remaining small up till we reach Charles and V2.

Quote:
1. We've yet to see more of her past. I do not think it is a matter of if, but a matter of when they will be shown to us.
I'd say a good bit of her past will remain something lost to time. That is why it is so important to her character, because she no longer remember much of anything about it. It'd be a rather cheap ploy to change something that defines her character and the 'price' of her immortality.

Quote:
2. The mysteries at some point will start being revealed, and she'll be involved then.
Again, this isn't just for her anymore.

Quote:
3. Lelouch's Geass will go out of control again; she'll most likely will be involved in that situation too.
Why do you think such? The only foreshadowing we have is that the contact will eventually be unable to supress Geass, not that it will evolve further. You'll notice in S1, the event where his Geass became permanent was foreshadowed with Mao and various other little hints from C2. There's been no such foreshadowing as of yet... and time is not limitless.

Quote:
Kallen and other characters are getting more screen-time now because they deserve it. Also, by the time all the mysteries start getting focus, most likely, there won't be enough time to give them proper screen-time, and development; so, the time to give them the opportunity to shine is now. C.C. will get some focus eventually, but for the moment, I think it is only fair for the other characters to get their share.
I'd imagine Kallen is being developed now because she is a microcosm of the Order and Japan's emotions and views, though far more personal. This is the arc of Japan and once it ends, and once we move to China, Kallen's role will have to change unless she simply drops out of the story... which is highly unlikely. She can no longer go to just obedient follower, especially not after Episode 7 where she seemed ready to take up the mask if need be, and especially not if they finally finish the mini-subplot of Lelouch is the person while Zero is the idea. But I digress as this is for Kallen's thread more...
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 14:10   Link #453
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, her past is linked to the Geass and would likely answer a lot of questions so I am not expecting anything on that really until near the end. I hope they don't keep having random moments where he gets into her head though.

I suppose that argument makes sense for everyone else though. They'd have to wrap up most of the plotlines by that time before we move onto that part of the plot.

Edit: Nevermind, Var's absolutely right about all of that so she'll just remain where she is now.

Old 2008-05-20, 15:12   Link #454
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
There's a problem with this idea; unlike season 1, the mystery of Geass are no longer a monopoly for C2.
Care to point out where did I say it would only involve C.C.? As far as I know, all I said was she'd get more relevance. And since this is the C.C. thread, I'll talk about her, not about the Emperor, V.V., Marianne, or whoever else may show up.

Quote:
I'd say a good bit of her past will remain something lost to time. That is why it is so important to her character, because she no longer remember much of anything about it. It'd be a rather cheap ploy to change something that defines her character and the 'price' of her immortality.
Once again, you're reading too much from my post. I didn't say, nor do I expect to get every single detail from her past, just key points that would shed more light into her character.

Quote:
Why do you think such? The only foreshadowing we have is that the contact will eventually be unable to supress Geass, not that it will evolve further.
Indeed, but we do not know what she meant with it becoming stronger, nor the implications of it. The more Lelouch uses his Geass, the stronger it'll become (I think something like that was mentioned once). We're yet to see what will occur once that happens.

Quote:
You'll notice in S1, the event where his Geass became permanent was foreshadowed with Mao and various other little hints from C2. There's been no such foreshadowing as of yet... and time is not limitless.
And Mao didn't appear until episode... 13? 14? Also, before he showed up, we didn't have any idea Geass could go out of control. Now that we know it, we do not need another Mao.

Quote:
I'd imagine Kallen is being developed now because she is a microcosm of the Order and Japan's emotions and views, though far more personal. This is the arc of Japan and once it ends, and once we move to China, Kallen's role will have to change unless she simply drops out of the story... which is highly unlikely. She can no longer go to just obedient follower, especially not after Episode 7 where she seemed ready to take up the mask if need be, and especially not if they finally finish the mini-subplot of Lelouch is the person while Zero is the idea. But I digress as this is for Kallen's thread more...
I didn't say she or other characters wouldn't get any (or very little) development at all afterwards (which would have been stupid from me, since Kallen is an important character), just that, unlike the current episodes, by the time the mysteries start getting focus, they won't get as much focus as they are getting now.
Old 2008-05-20, 15:28   Link #455
Var
Banned

Quote:
Care to point out where did I say it would only involve C.C.? As far as I know, all I said was she'd get more relevance. And since this is the C.C. thread, I'll talk about her, not about the Emperor, V.V., Marianne, or whoever else may show up.
I never said you said it would only be her, the purpose of my remark was to take note of the fact that her relevance increase purely from the Geass side wouldn't be as large as it was in, say, Season 1. I am simply putting out a contrast.

Quote:
Once again, you're reading too much from my post. I didn't say, nor do I expect to get every single detail from her past, just key points that would shed more light into her character.
Such as? Most everything has already been covered that doesn't involve things she doesn't remember herself. And again, anything in her past related to Geass can also, again, be revealed by V2 as he did in S1.

Quote:
Indeed, but we do not know what she meant with it becoming stronger, nor the implications of it. The more Lelouch uses his Geass, the stronger it'll become (I think something like that was mentioned once). We're yet to see what will occur once that happens.
Stronger is fine, but there's no indication that it will evolve further or mimic anything that may have occured in S1. Stronger may mean he can simply geass more people at once. One thing I can almost guarantee not happening is him aquiring the ability to geass more than once; that's the limit on his ability and changing that is a rather skeptical manuever. So, while it can become stronger, there's no real evidence to suggest it will do anything radical as in S1.

Quote:
And Mao didn't appear until episode... 13? 14? Also, before he showed up, we didn't have any idea Geass could go out of control. Now that we know it, we do not need another Mao.
We also had another season so episode 13 wasn't late; we don't have said luxury and as such, we can't assume the same timescale. Given only 18 more episodes, developments akin to Mao need occur much sooner than they did in S1. And, if I recall correctly, we had hints prior to Mao about Geass's ability to become something more powerful.

Quote:
I didn't say she or other characters wouldn't get any (or very little) development at all afterwards (which would have been stupid from me, since Kallen is an important character), just that, unlike the current episodes, by the time the mysteries start getting focus, they won't get as much focus as they are getting now.
I'd imagine those mysteries will continue to fall into place as they have been, sporadically through the episodes. I do not expect to see the plot ever shift anywhere near entirely from Lelouch's Battle to the secrets of Geass. They're a nice addition to the plot, but this story is about Lelouch's battle mainly, and the geass as a side dish. This isn't Lelouch and the Mysterious Geass. It's Lelouch of the Rebellion, for whatever a series' title is worth. So, again, I do not see their importance or screen time dropping given the actual plot of the story.
Old 2008-05-20, 15:30   Link #456
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So why is C.C. still even around then?

Old 2008-05-20, 15:31   Link #457
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So why is C.C. still even around then?
Because she's the antithesis of V2 and the connection to Marianne. That is where i expect to see her become important.
Old 2008-05-20, 15:36   Link #458
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, so that's the only reason she's even around anymore. Okay.

Old 2008-05-20, 15:50   Link #459
Used Can

Quote:
I never said you said it would only be her, the purpose of my remark was to take note of the fact that her relevance increase purely from the Geass side wouldn't be as large as it was in, say, Season 1. I am simply putting out a contrast.
Obviously, but that doesn't mean she won't get a large role. She is still one of the main characters in this anime.

Quote:
Such as? Most everything has already been covered that doesn't involve things she doesn't remember herself. And again, anything in her past related to Geass can also, again, be revealed by V2 as he did in S1.
Her identity? How did she end up as witch? What is it that she wants? Character development?

Quote:
Stronger is fine, but there's no indication that it will evolve further or mimic anything that may have occured in S1. Stronger may mean he can simply geass more people at once. One thing I can almost guarantee not happening is him aquiring the ability to geass more than once; that's the limit on his ability and changing that is a rather skeptical manuever. So, while it can become stronger, there's no real evidence to suggest it will do anything radical as in S1.
This is why I said we do not know what will happen once it becomes stronger. All we can do is speculate, but we barely have anything to base those speculations on.

Quote:
We also had another season so episode 13 wasn't late; we don't have said luxury and as such, we can't assume the same timescale. Given only 18 more episodes, developments akin to Mao need occur much sooner than they did in S1. And, if I recall correctly, we had hints prior to Mao about Geass's ability to become something more powerful.
Did we know there would be a season 2 back in the first episodes (I'm asking since I never looked at all these kinds of information back then)? Also, I do not remember any important hint before Mao's appearance. Anyhow, we do not need another Mao. We haven't even reached the half of the season to see what will happen with Lelouch's Geass. C.C. hinted it'll become stronger; let's see what happens.

Quote:
I'd imagine those mysteries will continue to fall into place as they have been, sporadically through the episodes. I do not expect to see the plot ever shift anywhere near entirely from Lelouch's Battle to the secrets of Geass. They're a nice addition to the plot, but this story is about Lelouch's battle mainly, and the geass as a side dish. This isn't Lelouch and the Mysterious Geass. It's Lelouch of the Rebellion, for whatever a series' title is worth. So, again, I do not see their importance or screen time dropping given the actual plot of the story.
Isn't the name of the anime Code Geass (which, technically, started when a mysterious girl gave Lelouch that power)? That, and, all these battles are not as important as the Geass and all the mysteries around it. Lelouch started this rebellion precisely because of those mysteries.

Obviously, at the beginning, we'd get information little by little, but at this point, when the mysteries should be solved, I do not think that will happen.
Old 2008-05-20, 15:58   Link #460
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The show was concieved as a 50 episode series so everything was planned out in advance with them changing things here and there as they saw fit.