AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-12-04, 22:03   Link #4221
ijuinkun

The "all three of them head to the past" is really only for the prologue part--it's still not mentioning that the main part of the story involves a Mikuru from eight days in the future who needs to be kept hidden from Haruhi and the "present" Mikuru.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:54   Link #4222
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Top selling book on Amazon Japan in 2011: Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku (Limited Edition set)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 20:02   Link #4223
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well if that doesn't give the television producers ideas, nothing will.
Old 2011-12-19, 10:47   Link #4224
bantayso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
If you looked at the first page of the anime thread (also known as the peaceful times before the anime aired and brought with it a swarm of new fans), you'll know that there are two different manga adaptations for Suzumiya Haruhi.

The first manga adaptation, which serialized on the comic magazine Shonen Ace back in 2004, was drawn by Mizuno Makoto. Unfortunately, the manga was received poorly among the fans because both the drawing style and the thiet ke website storytelling were too different from the original novel. The manga was cancelled after only a single tankoubon release in September of 2004 (The cover is shown in Neosam's post above). For most people, this manga has been swept into kurorekishi (dark history). In other words, "it never existed".

The second (current) manga adaptation is drawn by Tsuganogaku, and began its serialization on Shonen Ace back in November of 2005, and is currently still ongoing. The first tankoubon (volume) of the manga is due to be released on April 26, 2006.
I doubt most people in this thread actually wait for the official English releases anyway. I buy them to support the series, but it'd be crazy to wait 3+ years to read something that's already available online.
bantayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 10:28   Link #4225
Solachinx
is a myth

So, I was looking at the cover for Intrigues and it looks like the cover for Waverings is placed behind the cover for Intrigues. Particularly in the lower left corner where you can see a bit of what looks like Haruhi's red arm band. Is this just me, or do you guys see it too? And if so, do you think it'll be cleaned up before release?
Spoiler for Large-ish image:
Old 2011-12-20, 12:46   Link #4226
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
So, I was looking at the cover for Intrigues and it looks like the cover for Waverings is placed behind the cover for Intrigues. Particularly in the lower left corner where you can see a bit of what looks like Haruhi's red arm band. Is this just me, or do you guys see it too? And if so, do you think it'll be cleaned up before release?
It appears that they cleaned the top part of the image, but no other part as the sailor uniform and part of Haruhi's hair is also visible. Since it will be published in June, it's highly improbable that copies have been printed already, so there would be a decent chance that it will be fixed. I'll tweet and e-mail this to Yen to alert them of this mishap. Thank you for finding this and bringing our attention to it.

I checked, and the JP cover does not have this issue, so it is a Yen problem.

Old 2012-01-15, 22:03   Link #4227
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post

A bit late in noticing, but they have replaced that image with a fixed version. The listings still use the version from September, which has the problem, but if you click on the image, it uses the fixed version. The other listings on Amazon et al may not be corrected though.

Old 2012-01-16, 01:35   Link #4228
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well if that doesn't give the television producers ideas, nothing will.
it will happens. is just matter of time

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:05   Link #4229
Dokuro-Chan.

Two questions...

1) The Light Novel came before the manga correct?

2) Where can I find Haruhi Suzumiya Light Novels 10 & 11 (English)?
Dokuro-Chan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:46   Link #4230
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is based on a series of Light Novels, yes.

They have not gotten up to translating Books 10 and 11 (officially) yet. They are still on Book 7, I think.
Old 2012-01-17, 20:07   Link #4231
Dokuro-Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It is based on a series of Light Novels, yes.

They have not gotten up to translating Books 10 and 11 (officially) yet. They are still on Book 7, I think.
Well I have the Light Novels 1-9 they are in full English so... I figured that 10 & 11 would be out or out soon.
Old 2012-01-17, 20:35   Link #4232
Javiersansano

they've ben out for a while, at least the unnofficial translations

search for them
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 20:58   Link #4233
Dokuro-Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
they've ben out for a while, at least the unnofficial translations

search for them
Thanks any way I have acquired both 10 and 11 now
Old 2012-01-18, 03:36   Link #4234
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well I did say "officially"

To other things, Nagato-chan is still cute even if she's not quite like she was before (Chapter 29). She's becoming less like the Haruhi-chan version mixed with the Disappearance Nagato and more the normal universe Nagato...mixed with the Disappearance Nagato. Though I do like the gamer girl Nagato we had before...this is looking like a possbile perfect fusion. We'll see he her emotions work...since she is displaying a little here and there...even if she seems more like the Bookworm (alien) Nagato more than the Shy Nagato from Disappearance.

(An embarrassed "Normal/alien" Yuki is fine too)

That and since this isn't (mostly) in the Haruhi-chan style...Nagato shows off some leg for sports...I keep forgetting how good they draw her legs to look.
Old 2012-02-05, 19:13   Link #4235
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Hatchette's sites aren't up yet, but a search for "Haruhi" on their main site leads to two new listings for Indignation. The 8th English novel will now be released on November 20th, 2012.

Edit: Summary from Amazon listing:
Quote:
Two stories continue the adventure in Volume 8 of the Haruhi Suzumiya series.

Editor-in-Chief, Straight Ahead!
Since the beginning of the year, the SOS Brigade has been masking as the Literature Club to be recognized as an official high school organization. But when the new student council president threatens to disband the group, the members must write a collection of literature. Naturally, Haruhi assume the role of editor-in-chief and leads the team to publication with hilarious results.

Wandering Shadow
From writers to detectives, the SOS Brigade does it all. When fellow classmate Sanaka comes to the club seeking help, the team (well, Haruhi) is up to the task. A well-trodden popular park path has suddenly begun to terrify the neighborhood dogs, and Haruhi suspects that its being haunted by animal spirits. It looks like the SOS Brigade is about to perform its first first canine exorcism!
It's real; we have a mistake in Sakanaka's name. The JP version uses さかなか beside her name, so it is that.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-02-07 at 09:35.
Old 2012-02-09, 20:47   Link #4236
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
It's real; we have a mistake in Sakanaka's name. The JP version uses さかなか beside her name, so it is that.
Um, who was mistaken, the official translation or the unofficial?
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 21:46   Link #4237
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Um, who was mistaken, the official translation or the unofficial?
It's gotten to be a habit that the back cover of Yen Press's novels have at least one mistake, so it's the official translation that's wrong (though the inside will be correct). In the past Yen has messed up volume numbers and the back cover of the first novel has Kyon sitting behind Haruhi. Of course the inner portion is translated well.

(I've seriously double-checked the JP editions. Both novel 8 and the fanbook have it as Sakanaka.)

Old 2012-02-12, 10:29   Link #4238
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It's gotten to be a habit that the back cover of Yen Press's novels have at least one mistake, so it's the official translation that's wrong (though the inside will be correct). In the past Yen has messed up volume numbers and the back cover of the first novel has Kyon sitting behind Haruhi. Of course the inner portion is translated well.

(I've seriously double-checked the JP editions. Both novel 8 and the fanbook have it as Sakanaka.)
Maybe you should contact they about it:

http://www.yenpress.com/about/

I guess that the novel isn't all printed yet...
GardenAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 12:32   Link #4239
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

It probably got mentioned before, but i'm really tired by now (been lurking the forum for the past few hours):

Is there a website (that can at least be translated from jap to eng) where i can find new informations about the release of the 12th novel? And ye, classic question: is there already an approximate(no there isn't lol) date of the release of the 12th novel? Perhaps, even a clue will do (will it be released in 2012 or 2036?)

Sorry for the bother, i'm just too sick of backpaging ._., understand my feelings.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 12:47   Link #4240
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
It probably got mentioned before, but i'm really tired by now (been lurking the forum for the past few hours):

Is there a website (that can at least be translated from jap to eng) where i can find new informations about the release of the 12th novel? And ye, classic question: is there already an approximate(no there isn't lol) date of the release of the 12th novel? Perhaps, even a clue will do (will it be released in 2012 or 2036?)

Sorry for the bother, i'm just too sick of backpaging ._., understand my feelings.
Nothing has been revealed since the fanbook for the novels came out in June of last year. That simply said Tanigawa was working on it last April. We've had nothing said since then.

Edit: For the Eng. releases, RightStuf is holding a Yen Press sale starting today until Feb 27. Novels 1-7, Manga volumes 1-13, Haruhi-chan 1-5, and Yuki-chan volume 1 are all included at 33% off retail price.

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga