AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 18:48   Link #8241
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Looks like no one cared WCS NA. Can't blame them, compare to EU it was horrible. They need some audiences in that studio or just more enthusiasm.
Old 2013-06-04, 14:29   Link #8242
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I have been losing interest in MLG since some time last year.
A few days ago I read something about MLG wanting to boost revenue by 50%. In my head I screamed wtf.

WCS NA production has been terrible. As much as they want to support their homeboys axeltoss+axlav, a lot of people hoped MLG can bring in additional casters with better synergy and experience.

They spent money in a fancy studio in downtown manhattan, but they are not some high class business. They need a proper studio somewhere accessible with some seats for the local crowd.

Hell, they can just take a page from takesen and rented a big house and use it as an officer+studio. Would even have room for the players.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 16:17   Link #8243
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Already lost interest in Starcraft 2 again. Will just wait for Legacy of the Void just to get things over with for plot and story.
Old 2013-06-04, 20:32   Link #8244
Wigwams

http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/10...ft_II-6_4_2013

can anyone help me with the spawning thing for sc2? i need a WoL player to party with in NA and SEA.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:12   Link #8245
oompa loompa

Damn, soulkey vs sos again in the semis, and innovation is also there. soulkey vs innovation wcs final? YES PLEASE.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 16:40   Link #8246
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I picked Innovation to win, but I would like to see Mvp win it for some strange reason.
Old 2013-06-08, 23:26   Link #8247
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 00:00   Link #8248
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Ha, Carbot is always awesome .

And that Mvp vs Innovation. The second game was epic.
I feel like Mvp could have won if he had all of his helion in his base, or at least most of them, instead of in the middle of the map. With Helion on his base he could have fend the drop and then pushed out and do some damage to Innovation.

Anyway that was really good match.
Old 2013-06-09, 00:45   Link #8249
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Ha, Carbot is always awesome .

And that Mvp vs Innovation. The second game was epic.
I feel like Mvp could have won if he had all of his helion in his base, or at least most of them, instead of in the middle of the map. With Helion on his base he could have fend the drop and then pushed out and do some damage to Innovation.

Anyway that was really good match.
That video was made in response to the introduction of the new Spawning feature in SC2. The video shown zergs in the pool as "paid players", while the marines as starter edition players, and the pool itself as the "spawn party".

Cloaken did an astonishing job for the social feature of online multiplayer in SC2.

BTW, you got the video of that match?
Old 2013-06-09, 00:54   Link #8250
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

The match just happened so I don't think there is a vod yet, they might release one soon though.
And the final will be on soon.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:54   Link #8251
oompa loompa

godayum bogus 4-0. Hmm.. I'm going to go ahead and guess that soulkey got lucky. This guy is the real deal, i haven't seen anyone roflstomp so much. Except that 1 time nestea won without losing a game.
Old 2013-06-12, 05:14   Link #8252
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quick question on terminology, what's the difference between a cheese and an all-in?
Old 2013-06-12, 09:10   Link #8253
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Quick question on terminology, what's the difference between a cheese and an all-in?
Fairly subtle I think.. quite a lot of threads about this on TL, with no one agreeing on anything. Most probably, people just label stuff as 'cheese' when they're frustrated about a new creative all in strategy, (doesn't need to be all in, apparently there's economic cheese as well, like a lot of terrans 3CC builds are called cheese, but I think that's BS).

A cheese is a super risky strategy that will only work if the opponent hasn't figured out how to beat it yet, or doesn't scout. If you prepare for a cheese, or figure out how to beat it (before its figured out cheese is often really really tough to beat). Generally low-skill is associated with cheesy strategies. Most all-ins are cheese. A non-cheesy all in is one that is super high risk (it is, after all, all in), but is difficult to beat regardless if executed with high enough skill. For example : 3 roach 25 ling rush (wzp rush), or proxy 2rax is cheese, but an immortal all in vs Z, or roach-bane all in vs T is not.
Old 2013-06-12, 15:15   Link #8254
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Cheese = Anything that is unexpected and nonstandard thus worth QQ'ing about, since most sc2 players (elsewhere too) are scrubby scrubs regardless of actual skill and demand their opponent play exactly the way they want to. (Idra is famous for that).

All in = a strategy that either works or it doesn't. It's essentially flipping a coin and is dependent on your opponent being unable to defend against either by luck because they couldn't scout it or because it directly counters most sane builds.

In most cases, this is indicative of bad map or game design if the map lends itself to these strategies. In other cases, it is a way of discrediting someone's win. In either case, it allows a player of lesser skill to defeat a player of higher skill. Though most people fail to realize that losing and winning is not indicative of who is the superior player, but instead who was the better player in that particular instance.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 17:02   Link #8255
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I classify cheese as anything that requires anonymity to work. Pretty much once you scout it (or "blindly" counter, ie: putting up a turret in mineral lines if you see a gas-hvy toss with late expo) you will be able to fend it off and "may" pull ahead. Ie: proxy stargate oracle. A stargate open is a valid opening (does not classify as an all in as you can smoothly transition out of it).

All in is a giant timing (does not require full worker pull) which will put you significantly behind if not enough damage is dealt to a point where the game is essentially lost. All in does not require as much anonymity (ie: scv pull, 1 base timings vs someone with established expo, protoss 8 gate attacks - as you lack the tech and econ after the attack to combat your enemy's tech/econ advantages).

Cheese and all ins are not mutually exclusive. 6 pool is both an all in and a cheese (except in certain maps in certain matchups to counter a certain metagame).
Old 2013-07-04, 08:01   Link #8256
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

watched GOSL today: hellbats man, hellbats.
Old 2013-07-05, 06:54   Link #8257
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I haven't played SC2 for few months because of Hellbats (well one of the reason). TvT use to be the best, most tactical match up, and it was all about positioning. Now TvT is "lol I got Hellbat before you so I win. Oh wait my Hellbat dropped failed, lol well here is another 4 Hellbats drops, opps I think I won that". I suck at TvT as of now, and I rather not deal with the stupidity of Hellbats.

Just nerf their damage that they would nee be blue flame to do their current damage output. Also, possibly add the transform upgrade to be required so that it would take longer to get Hellbat.
Old 2013-08-15, 22:26   Link #8258
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I stumbled upon this WoL game, but I noted it because it's Flash, and what a sick fuck. I didn't realize you could even play the game like this, I mean he keeps faceplanting into the banelings and still never stops. Usually I just lose if the army goes splat against banelings, lol.

Flash is so amazing, he even makes Sc2 look interesting.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-09-07, 08:09   Link #8259
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Hello, folks. If any of you are interested on SCU and its concept and ideas, try the game, provide feedback and be sure to go to Kickstarter to pledge a fund for the creator of SCU in order to support their intriguing project to be completed. We got 3 days left of funding before the deadline, so hurry.

Even Blizzard agreed to support this game.
Old 2013-09-17, 15:02   Link #8260
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Been 2 years since I quit. I won't be buying HOTS as of now (at least not at full price), but do tell me about the state of battle.net.

I'm not one to really complain about balance though the attitude towards patching, balancing, and especially the fluidity of the professional map pool are things I'm interested in.

The reason I feel this is that both Starcraft and Brood War were in fact quite terrible on 95% of default maps, and it took a sincere effort to craft balance that way. It's not necessarily balance that make that game particularly special, but rather the high skill cap it entails (so balance doesn't matter up to the progaming level). Still though it's been commonly asserted that even in Brood War that T>Z>P>T although it's most likely smaller than most people imagine, at least, when they're not making excuses-- usually when you lose to someone, you were most likely terrible and any imbalance wouldn't be able to be taken advantage of.

Truth is, balance was most likely a fluke considering 3 of the new units in Brood War are useless in 95% of games. A lot of the new Brood War units, the Corsair, The Valkyrie, and the Devourer were designed to counter light air especially mutalisks as they were OP in Starcraft (Hmmph, those bastards are always OP if you ask me). Add in the goliath range upgrade and you can see how they imagined countering air would like in? In reality though, these are terrible counters to mutalisks aside from corsairs and you rarely see them aside from that 1 infamously genius Fantasy Build . Even Dark Archons "counter" them better. And where the fuck did they go anyways? So yea, Brood War isn't exactly the perfect game either despite what dem nostalgia glasses tell you.

The main reasons why I dropped sc2 were due to the poor social features, boring and terrible custom map system, no support for modding whatsoever, the Protoss seem like utter wimps, and that the game at that point was not very fun to watch (blob vs blob and movement isn't very fluid) as well as Blizzard aggressively nerfing whatever the hell the FOTM is. In essence I didn't find it fun to play or watch due to the rock paper scissors nature of things. So changes in that will change my mind.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-09-17 at 15:46.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows